Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:35 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353302 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 7:37pm On May 20, 2022
mostob:
So? Did I say something different? We're still saying the same thing.
You did Bros
You making it look like only arsenal didn't take there chances
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:54pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

Thank you
Make i just they laugh here
Me too, I dey laff here grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:02pm On May 20, 2022
mostob:
nope...I disagree bro... Arsenal's problem is self-inflicted. We are in this situation because we didn't take our chances. Arteta is clearly part of the problem but the other coaches didn't outwit him abi outwit has a different meaning grin
You can outwit someone even by losing a game. You can disappoint yourself without somebody outwitting you.
When you outwit someone in the league, it means you're top the coach position-wise not head to head as you're thinking.

Ole was always beating Pep(before this season), but nobody will say Ole outwits pep over a 38 game season.

You're an arsenal fan that's why you're saying we self-inflicted ourselves. Ask spurs fans around and they'll also give you good reasons why they dropped points too and why it was self-inflicted. Las las, at the end of the day, na who top end of who naim better. grin

Moreso, All coach must self-inflict, na who do am less naim be Oga grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:15pm On May 20, 2022
BlueRayDick:

U are not totally wrong , but Arsenal won the same number of matches as Tottenham , while Arsenal won 1 more match than Chelsea ( as at game week 37) .

I think our problem majorly was losing the games we should have scrapped out a draw even when the odds don’t favor us. The period some of our key players like Partey , Tierney were out injured and we didn’t have ready made replacements to fill in for them haunted us . Teams like Tottenham didn’t suffer such cruel fate like having key players like Kane and Son out at the same time ; even Chelsea had their key players almost always available and then they have squad depth to cover for them as well.

I believe this transfer window should be used to solve our squad depth issue because clearly the board and everyone out there can see we need showing up in some critical areas on the pitch . If this is done I think we can compete with other top teams as we didn’t really play badly this season like most people here would want to claim , but I understand the loss of the top 4 which was within our grip had its effect on the fans’ hence some of the irrational thoughts person just dey read for here .

As for me , I will support the coach until he’s given everything he needs to succeed and he failed woefully by his own design .
Actually, I'm not even saying Arteta didn't try this season. Infact, he really tried for us. His undoing mostly Partey (especially) and Tierney's injury and not strengthening in Jan transfer window.

My point was that in 38 game season (even with improved transfers), can we compete with Conte and tuchel who will considerably improve their transfers next season too? Coupled with his in-game tactics when we're losing is what is concerning.

So I'm looking at next season tbh wrt this season. One thing is certain, Conte will certainly improve his
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

You did Bros
You making it look like only arsenal didn't take there chances
Of course... Because we have the higher advantage than Spurs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:22pm On May 20, 2022
Roland17:

Stay one place make I know whether I go add you to the list of people wen I wan stone angry

You see that fence wen you Dey like climb, I go use bulldozer destroy am angry grin
Lol... I no dey fence. grin

My stance is this

1.. I love arsenal over any coach
2.. I believe Arteta Is good and have improved arsenal (even though he needs vast improvement to compete with the top coaches). That doesn't disprove the fact that Conte is better or more experienced than him.
3.. I will criticise Arteta when I deem necessary and praise when necessary too. Doing that I believe doesn't make me double-mouthed. Same also with the players.

Just face Spy abeg. Na him deserve that stone pass grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:
When you outwit someone in the league, it means you're top the coach position-wise not head to head as you're thinking.

Ole was always beating Pep(before this season), but nobody will say Ole outwits pep over a 38 game season.

You're an arsenal fan that's why you're saying we self-inflicted ourselves. Ask spurs fans around and they'll also give you good reasons why they dropped points too and why it was self-inflicted. Las las, at the end of the day, na who top end of who naim better. grin

Moreso, All coach must self-inflict, na who do am less naim be Oga grin
When you have the advantage over your competitor, it's not an outwit. If both of you are on par, then outwitting will comes to play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:24pm On May 20, 2022
Spy360:

Why?
Cos they'll definitely improve their squad plus they have more experience.

If coaches know that if they score arsenal first and they'll win, do you think he'll compete hotly with top EPL coaches who have that in their arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26pm On May 20, 2022
mostob:
When you have the advantage over your competitor, it's not an outwit. If both of you are on par, then outwitting will comes to play.
So if your competitor who you have an advantage topples you, what will you call that?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:28pm On May 20, 2022
Spy360:

Just call me when you see Jodera, I for like bulldoze that fence too. grin grin grin
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:29pm On May 20, 2022
mostob:
Cc Jodera

How you take see this submission
Lol...
Na Barca thread be that? Give me link make I go tackle Baba Andrew abeg.

See how him dey disrespect us embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:34pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:
Lol...
Na Barca thread be that? Give me link make I go tackle Baba Andrew abeg.

See how him dey disrespect us embarassed
na super eagles thread o...I go tag you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:35pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:
So if your competitor who you have an advantage topples you, what will you call that?
you are not outwitted. You obviously wasted your chance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:44pm On May 20, 2022
mostob:
you are not outwitted. You obviously wasted your chance.
Lol... This is funny walahi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:
Cos they'll definitely improve their squad plus they have more experience.

If coaches know that if they score arsenal first and they'll win, do you think he'll compete hotly with top EPL coaches who have that in their arsenal?
And Arteta will not improve his own squad? This is funny

Take away the injuries to Partey and Tierney, Arsenal would have finished 3rd this season.

You will say, why didn't Arteta sign players in Jan, but no body saw or planned that Partey and Tierney would suffer season ending injuries
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:51pm On May 20, 2022
mostob:
Of course... Because we have the higher advantage than Spurs.
How?
Bros we all started the league together if the whole 20 teams start lamenting and say if we have taken our chances no one will relegate or win the league
So the advantage we had over spurs was created by constitent good performance,are you saying we took our chances during the good period we had
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Spy360:

Take away the injuries to Partey and Tierney, Arsenal would have finished 3rd this season.

You will say, why didn't Arteta sign players in Jan, but no body saw or planned that Partey and Tierney would suffer season ending injuries
Because you think partey and Tierney are machines
Even machine break down, only a failure won't plan for unforseen circumstances

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:54pm On May 20, 2022
Spy360:

You're not getting it. Most people are saying that if our squad depth next season improve (hopefully) we'll possibly make top4. So I'm cautioning saying "no be only us go improve quality and squad depth for next season oo, Conte and Spurs too"

Then I further asked, If both coaches improve their quality and squad depth, are we sure to compete with the experience and tactical decisions of Conte and tuchel over a 38 game season? Especially since Arteta bottles a match once we're trailing since his in-game decisions during that are mostly poor
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:56pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

I wonder how most people won't suspect Tierney and Partey (the two most injury prone players) in arsenal won't have injury on a 5 months run.

I predicted it might happen, you predicted it too, we raised the issue. But somehow, we shouldn't blame the decision because we "didn't" know that Partey and Tierney will have injury.

Spy funny grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:58pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

How?
Bros we all started the league together if the whole 20 teams start lamenting and say if we have taken our chances no one will relegate or win the league
So the advantage we had over spurs was created by constitent good performance,are you saying we took our chances during the good period we had
Simple!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

Going by your thoughts, we should have another full squad as backup?

Even if that is possible, it takes time to build.

I accept that not signing in Jan affected the team. Yes we did go for some good players (Vlahovic, Melo, etc) but those deals didn't go through and I don't know who to blame for that.

However we were able to carry out a very necessary and much needed clear out of deadwoods and mediocres so as to now make room for quality entrants.

As it stands now, there is room for two more CBs grin (we have one already in Saliba), two more midfielders, and two more attackers. For me this is the best achievement going into next season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:31pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:

You're not getting it. Most people are saying that if our squad depth next season improve (hopefully) we'll possibly make top4. So I'm cautioning saying "no be only us go improve quality and squad depth for next season oo, Conte and Spurs too"

Then I further asked, If both coaches improve their quality and squad depth, are we sure to compete with the experience and tactical decisions of Conte and tuchel over a 38 game season? Especially since Arteta bottles a match once we're trailing since his in-game decisions during that are mostly poor
That means your question is speculative at best. Arteta can equally add one or two UGM that will blow away the league for us. This is pure speculation and not fact.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:33pm On May 20, 2022
Spy360:

That means your question is speculative at best. Arteta can equally add one or two UGM that will blow away the league for us. This is pure speculation and not fact.
Reason why I'm using experience and tacts amongst both coaches. That itself isn't speculative
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:48pm On May 20, 2022
Spy360:

Going by your thoughts, we should have another full squad as backup?

Even if that is possible, it takes time to build.

I accept that not signing in Jan affected the team. Yes we did go for some good players (Vlahovic, Melo, etc) but those deals didn't go through and I don't know who to blame for that.

However we were able to carry out a very necessary and much needed clear out of deadwoods and mediocres so as to now make room for quality entrants.

As it stands now, there is room for two more CBs grin (we have one already in Saliba), two more midfielders, and two more attackers. For me this is the best achievement going into next season.

Knowing the injury history of Partey and Tierney since they joined Arsenal, we did not need a soothsayer to predict they were going to go down, especially when you consider their usage and how many times they hit the red line because of burnout.

We are witnessing the same thing with Saka, who is now struggling to stay on his feet to finish 90 minutes every game, thank God the season is over. While Saka is a more talented player and the GOAT (anybody wen disagree should argue with the wall next to you), I would hate for what happened to Rashford and Owen to happen to Saka. Both players burned out early because of high usage early in their respective careers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:53pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:
I wonder how most people won't suspect Tierney and Partey (the two most injury prone players) in arsenal won't have injury on a 5 months run.

I predicted it might happen, you predicted it too, we raised the issue. But somehow, we shouldn't blame the decision because we "didn't" know that Partey and Tierney will have injury.

Spy funny grin
Especially partey that we don't have replacement for
E pain me oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:57pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

Especially partey that we don't have replacement for
E pain me oo
Lol...
Na Partey own pain me eh. grin grin

Well, make season end first. Anybody wey get book to open after that, make e open grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:59pm On May 20, 2022
Roland17:

Knowing the injury history of Partey and Tierney since they joined Arsenal, we did not need a soothsayer to predict they were going to go down, especially when you consider their usage and how many times they hit the red line because of burnout.

We are witnessing the same thing with Saka, who is now struggling to stay on his feet to finish 90 minutes every game, thank God the season is over. While Saka is a more talented player and the GOAT (anybody wen disagree should argue with the wall next to you), I would hate for what happened to Rashford and Owen to happen to Saka. Both players burned out early because of high usage early in their respective careers.
I swear. I want to talk about that Saka own. I'm suspecting this guy is having knock on his leg but he's been urged to play.

I just hope they handle that guy with care
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:14pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:

I swear. I want to talk about that Saka own. I'm suspecting this guy is having knock on his leg but he's been urged to play.

I just hope they handle that guy with care

100% no questions asked. The kid has been playing injured for quite some time now, I know my boy well well and I have been saying it since February. Arteta and the coaching staff are aware and are still forcing him to play 90 minutes of football, which he is struggling to see out. Over the last 5 games, how many times have we watched Saka just drop to the ground or unable to finish 90 because his body could no longer go? There is no reason Saka should be playing the amount of consecutive games he has played this season, especially when you consider he did the same thing last season to save Arteta from getting sacked.

This is the same thing the coaching staff did with Partey when he had the 1st hamstring injury, the only difference is that Saka is younger while Partey is experienced and can stick to his guns. Remember Arteta forced Partey back, he ended up aggravating the original hamstring injury and was out for longer. Arteta did the same thing immediately after Partey returned from AFCON. Man played the previous day, got on the plane immediately after Ghana were eliminated and was listed as a starter the following day..Well, we have not seen him since then...I mean, come on!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2022
Roma qualifies for Europa finally.

Will Tammy stay and get a run at the title with Roma or switch to Arsenal (Europa too)?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:58pm On May 20, 2022
50d33q:

How?
Of course... arsenal was not expected to compete for top 4. Tottenham was above us but a good run of form saw us competing for top four. When there were opportunities (the advantage we created ourself) to go farther and put everything to bed, we failed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:58pm On May 20, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... This is funny walahi grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:35am On May 21, 2022
Jodera:

Spy funny grin

I noticed for the sake of blaming whomever we the fans want to blame, we always see things the way we only want to see it. I think it’s misleading to say we didn’t plan for Tierney’s and Partey’s injuries .

Everyone knows Partey and Tierney are injury prone players . Did the club plan a backup for them in the event they are out injured ?

Yes ! While the DWL people were doing their thing Arsenal signed Tavarez as a backup plan for our Tierney . Lokonga on the other hand was brought in to be backup for Partey ( I know u may find this funny or ridiculous at this time , but attached to this post is actually a screenshot of an article that confirmed it as a fact )

That those two didn’t live up to the high expectations the management had in them certainly does not mean the management didn’t plan, it just means the plan didn’t work out well.

What we should be demanding now is for the club to look at the areas we are lacking and bring in quality signings that don’t necessarily be big names or big money signings .

(1) (2) (3) ... (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.