Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,320 members, 7,842,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2345710 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) ... (3542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Please don't believe all these links and rumors. The only authentic story you should believe is the one that comes from the club or player and his agent. That was hiw they even quoted an amount we bid for Raphinah yet it was only few mins friendly discussion between Edu and Deco

There was no reason to extend Laca's contract. If there was a reason to do so it would have been done before last summer. And Laca was not performing anyway. Arsenal was only looking for a new quality CF last January transfer after Auba left but they got none.

Even Nketiah, there was a plan to extend his contract since but he didn't sign because he wanted game time guarantee. He even refused to move to Brighton and C.Palace last summer till he started getting game time after Laca became irredeemable.

If Arteta or Edu or Laca himself said there was a contract extension plan then believe it... But other sources expecially Mirror News take it with a pinch of salt. I will even give it some credibility if the source is Romano or Charles Watt or Ostein but not Mirror even though they all got Raphinah story wrong.
Lol so how did you believe we didn't bid for raphinha even when romano said so
This morning edu lied if you didn't perform well you should go did auba performed or not
Who's lying who's saying the truth
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Lol so how did you believe we didn't bid for raphinha even when romano said so
This morning edu lied if you didn't perform well you should go did auba performed or not
Who's lying who's saying the truth

Edu said so openly. I will rather believe Edu than Romano na.

He will not openly lie to press in UK if actually there was a bid, he wouldnt be able to deny it because Leeds will refute him if they actually receive a bid.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Edu said so openly. I will rather believe Edu than Romano na.

He will not openly lie to press in UK if actually there was a bid, he wouldnt be able to deny it because Leeds will refute him if they actually receive a bid.
So you believed auba was sent away based of not performing grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

So you believed auba was sent away based of not performing grin grin

Did Edu say that? Edu did not mention any player's name in his interview. You need to watch the interviews yourself not the one reported that was laced with the reporter's personal opinion or interpretation. There were many of these interviews he made...just take time to watch them all.

He said some were sent away because they were earning big and not performing, (you can guess who those are)

I think Auba left due to indiscipline and he was becoming toxic. But Edu never mention his name or any player's name

let me quote for you what Edu said exactly on that subject matter:

“If you imagine, ‘Oh, no problem: this season we’re going to expose the player a little bit more and then we sell them’ — no, be realistic.

“Try to avoid one more year with the problem inside, in the dressing room, expensive, not performing. Clean, take it out. Even, I’m sorry, if you have to pay. To leave is better. Because that guy is sometimes also blocking someone.

“I know it hurts, I know it’s strange when I go to the board and say, ‘Sometimes it’s better to pay a player to leave, than maintain them.’ But I consider it an investment.

”Sometimes people say, ‘It’s expensive”. I say, ‘No, it’s investment.’ But someone will pay if you sell? No, guys — if the player is above 26, 27 and not performing, big salary, no chance.“

“Listen, for me, there are three elements which in my role I have to be really prepared to be strong on the message to the players: when the player is 26-plus, big salary and he’s not performing? He’s killing you, that kind of player. Because you don’t have a valuation to sell the player, the player is comfortable — Arsenal, London, beautiful, everything is fantastic — and has a good salary. How do you move this player?

“So, how many players with that kind of characteristics did we have in the past? Eighty per cent of the squad.

“I can tell you, next summer, have a look at the valuation of the players we have, the age of the group that we have, and the salaries that we have today. Now, as part of the plan, we create value in our players today.”

As you can see, no name was mentioned. So where is the lie?

You can read the full interview with The Athletic here and while doing that, separate the reporters comment/opinion from Edu's actual words: https://theathletic.com/3445178/2022/07/25/edu-arsenal-saka-transfers/

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Reply roland17 na
You they fear grin grin
Lol, I don answer am tey tey na. Scroll up see
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Did Edu say that? Edu did not mention any player's name in his interview. You need to watch the interviews yourself not the one reported that was laced with the reporter's personal opinion or interpretation. There were many of these interviews he made...just take time to watch them all.

He said some were sent away because they were earning big and not performing, (you can guess who those are)

I think Auba left due to indiscipline and he was becoming toxic. But Edu never mention his name or any player's name

let me quote for you what Edu said exactly on that subject matter:

“If you imagine, ‘Oh, no problem: this season we’re going to expose the player a little bit more and then we sell them’ — no, be realistic.

“Try to avoid one more year with the problem inside, in the dressing room, expensive, not performing. Clean, take it out. Even, I’m sorry, if you have to pay. To leave is better. Because that guy is sometimes also blocking someone.

“I know it hurts, I know it’s strange when I go to the board and say, ‘Sometimes it’s better to pay a player to leave, than maintain them.’ But I consider it an investment.

”Sometimes people say, ‘It’s expensive”. I say, ‘No, it’s investment.’ But someone will pay if you sell? No, guys — if the player is above 26, 27 and not performing, big salary, no chance.“

“Listen, for me, there are three elements which in my role I have to be really prepared to be strong on the message to the players: when the player is 26-plus, big salary and he’s not performing? He’s killing you, that kind of player. Because you don’t have a valuation to sell the player, the player is comfortable — Arsenal, London, beautiful, everything is fantastic — and has a good salary. How do you move this player?

“So, how many players with that kind of characteristics did we have in the past? Eighty per cent of the squad.

“I can tell you, next summer, have a look at the valuation of the players we have, the age of the group that we have, and the salaries that we have today. Now, as part of the plan, we create value in our players today.”

As you can see, no name was mentioned. So where is the lie?

You can read the full interview with The Athletic here and while doing that, separate the reporters comment/opinion from Edu's actual words: https://theathletic.com/3445178/2022/07/25/edu-arsenal-saka-transfers/
I am not saying you are not right but you just told me not to believe mirror now
With what edu said we can conclude Blueraydick used beer parlour anaysis for us by calling out auba and defending arteta

yet jodera they sign teeth and avoiding roland17 question grin grin
Gentle reminder
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2022
where abeg i no see am
Jodera:
Lol, I don answer am tey tey na. Scroll up see
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2022
Jodera:
Okay, lemme see if I can summarise it with pointers

1.. That the plan in which Arsenal is expected to be a traditional top club starts in 2022/23 due to a 5-yr plan vision

2.. How Edu (with collaboration with Arteta I feel) helped in pruning the squad off high-salary, low performance players even if it means paying dem off and going the way of young players

3.. Arsenal plans in the transfer market involving both our players and that of intending targets

4.. How he talked about the change in mentality of the club to that of a winner's mindset and reason why players of such characters are recruited

5.. He touched on how selling the project to intending targets is crucial and foremost and any intended target who doesn't have that as his priority,he simply walks away
I dan see am grin grin
I get questions but no be me ask you so i will wait for him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Pepe is trusting the process grin grin
Too late nigga

The baba na werey!!
Was he asleep all this while? Even if Arteta forgives him, me I won’t. His time is up. He should park up and leave.

I’ve always emphasized here on this thread on the need for us to get players with strong character and personality. Edu seems to veer on that part.

I’m optimistic this season, and I don’t mean that wengay kind of optimism. I mean like based on the crop of players we currently have, as well as the vision of the technical crew, I know we are really heading somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
Fkforyou:

The baba na werey!!
Was he asleep all this while? Even if Arteta forgives him, me I won’t. His time is up. He should park up and leave.

I’ve always emphasized here on this thread on the need for us to get players with strong character and personality. Edu seems to veer on that part.

I’m optimistic this season, and I don’t mean that wengay kind of optimism. I mean like based on the crop of players we currently have, as well as the vision of the technical crew, I know we are really heading somewhere.
The guy na werey jo
Me too i believe in this coming season we will cook better soup

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I am not saying you are not right but you just told me not to believe mirror now
With what edu said we can conclude Blueraydick used beer parlour anaysis for us by calling out auba and defending arteta

Gentle reminder

I lived in UK for a while....as at of then Mirror is not one of the reputable news outlet for sports. And Even if it were a reputable news outlet like BBC, won't you believe insider/decision makers' words above reporters claim? Public Officials in UK are not like the ones in Nigeria who lie openly without impunity.

Blueraydick and Jodera are entitled to their own analysis na, just like you and I.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Gentle reminder
Lol, na you and oba dey talk na me dey receive violence grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I dan see am grin grin
I get questions but no be me ask you so i will wait for him
Lol, no worries. I dey wait grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, na you and oba dey talk na me dey receive violence grin
Comrade no be so, as the matter be na hin we they analyze am
We no they promote violence for this dormot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
Jodera:
But it's true na. Clubs don't have 2 quality CBs at their bench.

Moreover, backup CBs don't need to be different legs. In fact, Pep that is mostly crazed about it still used pairing of Stones and Dias for most part of 2020/21 season when Laporte (an Lcb) got injured. Like I said, if most teams have 3 quality CBs and very 4 will be excessive especially as even White/Saliba might be seeing cameo roles except group stage Europa.

As for the bolded, we need someone like Holding who is a good squad player and wouldn't complain for squad depth. It's somehow talking about 4th CB when we're still looking for Saka deputy and another Midfielder. No be say we get defensive issues sef
From your first sentence and the last one, what's your point really?

Is it that having 4quality CBs is bad? Is Holding a quality CB? Why would Holding be good to warm the bench?

You are confusing me with your ewedu... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I hope people can stop bitchingggg about Arteta not being a good man manager and all while referencing how Ozil and dem Auba left. People should stop the shithousery of saying he cant manage big players cos now it appears Edu was obviously the mastermind of their departure ; something he's set his mind on even before Arteta left Guardiola's golden cabinet.
Absolutely. Even Guendouzi. Saliba was lucky because he had not actually been with us. He would have been flunged away with his silly and childish press talks. Forget talent, if the player is not discipline, he won't go far. The high handedness used by Arteta and Edu is fully welcomed.

Hopefully things have changed for good. The discipline and mentality is top.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Comrade no be so, as the matter be na hin we they analyze am
We no they promote violence for this dormot

But come o. No vawulence... cheesy

Even with the indicipline and toxic attitude of Auba notwithstanding, do you still rate Auba of 20/21 and half of 21/22 seasons as still performing with his high wage? I honestly don't know how many times I was begging Baba God for him to rediscover his scoring boots those period o. Arteta kept using him cos he had no alternative and some including myself would have criticized him if he had dumb Auba earlier.

I think Auba stopped performing sometime in 21/22 season... his indicipline just made his exit faster.

While Edu didn't mention him, it is not impossible he is also referring to Auba. So Blueraydick and Jodera might not be wrong with their analysis.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Gentle reminder
I think you missed Blueray's point.

First, he was referring to those axed for their indiscipline (not performance) eg Ozil, Auba etc

Second, he said the decisions were not solely on Arteta as many of us thought initially, that Edu may have even been the mastermind as Edu suggested.

Blueray made these comments because many people here accused Arteta of poor man management with the false assumption that he was the only one making the decisions.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
Spy360:

I think you missed Blueray's point.

First, he was referring to those axed for their indiscipline (not performance) eg Ozil, Auba etc

Second, he said the decisions were not solely on Arteta as many of us thought initially, that Edu may have even been the mastermind as Edu suggested.

Blueray made these comments because many people here accused Arteta of poor man management with the false assumption that he was the only one making the decisions.
But that's not what edu said because edu was referring to performance
For the second one he made it look like arteta have no hand that's why he used the words 'little or no say'
check it very well

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

But that's not what edu said because edu was referring to performance
For the second one he made it look like arteta have no hand that's why he used the words 'little or no say'
check it very well
What is clear is that the commentator referred to Auba and Ozil- as the so called big earners that were released.

From the interview, Edu himself suggested that they were the ones he was referring to.

If we recall, Ozil was axed because of his political views and comments,- this is not Arteta's doing.
Auba was axed for lateness/indiscipline. Here Arteta may have had a hand in it, but it was not only his decision as Edu has explained.

The fact is that, both of them were not delivering on the basis of their big salaries. Coupled with their 'indiscipline' there was no way they were going to be considered anymore.

There are other players who fall into this category of big money- not performing such as Willian, Kola, etc.

Auba probably may have been allowed to finish his contract, but his indiscipline cost him which became an advantage for Lacazette. Lacazette was destined to leave Arsenal once his contract was over.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Spy360:

What is clear is that the commentator referred to Auba and Ozil- as the so called big earners that were released.

From the interview, Edu himself suggested that they were the ones he was referring to.

If we recall, Ozil was axed because of his political views and comments,- this is not Arteta's doing.
Auba was axed for lateness/indiscipline. Here Arteta may have a hand in it, but it was not only his decision as Edu has explained.

The fact is that, both of them were not delivering on the basis of their big salaries. Coupled with their 'indiscipline' there was no way they were going to be considered anymore.
How is auba not delivering
Straight answer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Straight answer
I have modified my post, your answer is there.

Auba definitely was not delivering in relation to his big salary. He was on 300k per week. That is a 20-30goals per season salary. As at 2021/22 he was off this level.

He could probably have been allowed to finish his contract but his indiscipline meant he had to leave even if it meant paying him off. So while it was indiscipline that actually cost Auba, his below par performance did not help his case.

Back to the basis of the argument; this definitely was not a decision taken by Arteta alone, infact Edu may have been the brain behind it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Straight answer

You will find the answer to your question if you know the total number of Auba's goal in 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons and compare it to his total no of goals in seasons before then.

let me help you:

2020/21 - 10 premiership goals
2021/22 - 4 premiership goals (Half Season)

Now before then in 2019/20 - He scored 22 Premiership goals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

You will find the answer to your question if you know the total number of Auba's goal in 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons and compare it to his total no of goals in seasons before then.

let me help you:

2020/21 - 10 premiership goals
2021/22 - 4 premiership goals (Half Season)

Now before then in 2019/20 - He scored 22 Premiership goals

Which half season, at that point he was dropped he was leading kane,firminho,lukaku in the chart
Yet Lacazette played more and still use pk to meet up and he was offered one year
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Which half season, at that point he was dropped he was leading kane,firminho,lukaku in the chart
Yet Lacazette played more and still use pk to meet up and he was offered one year
Which chart? While not Google and confirm.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Spy360:

Which chart? While not Google and confirm.
How many games did he play before been dropped undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

From August to sometime in December when he was dropped, he had only scored 4 goals and season before was 10 goals.... Are you saying that is a good performance from your top CF and highest earner?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

From August to sometime in December when he was dropped, he had only scored 4 goals and season before was 10 goals.... Are you saying that is a good performance from your top CF and highest earner?

You mean he will produce goals by himself out of nowhere
Like he will collect the ball from keeper and start running to box18 to score
Come on na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
This is someone that was shifted to the wing just to accommodate lacazette
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

You mean he will produce goals by himself out of nowhere
Like he will collect the ball from keeper and start running to box18 to score
Come on na

lol

where did Nketiah suddenly started producing goals from?
And what position did Auba play when he scored 22 goals in a season?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
Spy360:

From your first sentence and the last one, what's your point really?

Is it that having 4quality CBs is bad? Is Holding a quality CB? Why would Holding be good to warm the bench?

You are confusing me with your ewedu... grin
My point is that it isn't necessary especially if the person is an international player (eg Martinez). If it's a youngster understandable. Cb isn't a Lb/RB position where you'll say for example, Tierney will replace Zinchenko in Lb but can't bench Tomi in RB— no!. Once Gabriel gets injured , Saliba takes over immediately not that a new Lcb would now take over. And since CB is hardly rotated except through injury, how do you think the new CB would get enough game time to show his quality.?

Even Holding might see less game time sef but why I'm against selling him is that he hardly complains. But if he does, then we sell him and bring in Walters (or someone from the academy) to take his place as he learns.

In a nutshell, Spending money on a 4th choice CB is unnecessary when we still have other pressing issues to solve
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
This is someone that was shifted to the wing just to accommodate lacazette
Lol... The season he scored 22goals was the season Arteta shifted him to wing sef grin

This Season, he was playing the main striker role while Laca was supporting him as SS (remember 442?). He so flopped this season that I remember me saying that he should be dropped and Laca should be starting some games till he got his head back. Spy and Blue.raydick countered me saying "an out of form Auba is better than an in form Lacazette". No be small talk that day so oo and that's the origin of where Una think say I dey Stan Laca grin

Auba dropped form this past season to be honest

(1) (2) (3) ... (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) ... (3542) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.