Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,618 members, 7,847,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2349421 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

They want highest bidder na
It depends. If he says he wants arsenal (and only arsenal) seeing arsenal is serious, then they might lower the price a bit to respect him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
It depends. If he says he wants arsenal (and only arsenal) seeing arsenal is serious, then they might lower the price a bit to respect him
They wanted 100m, arsenal said it's unreasonable as gakpo went for half the price they said Anthony went for same 100m
Same day mudryk posted his price tag, shaktar also said they are expecting other bidders if arsenal can't afford it
Tell me how shaktar will sell to us if we don't meet up the price tag
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

They wanted 100m, arsenal said it's unreasonable as gakpo went for half the price they said Anthony went for same 100m
Same day mudryk posted his price tag, shaktar also said they are expecting other bidders if arsenal can't afford it
Tell me how shaktar will sell to us if we don't meet up the price tag
Make we dey see sha.

I believe the price tag is to scare us away or bring something closer like 60m but make we dey see sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
He only takes a lot of touch for a one time shot only when the ball falls to his right leg. All those times you were berating him for not shooting especially beginning of this season, check well the ball mostly falls on his right foot reason why he always try to adjust (taking many touches).
Then why not take a shot with his right? That's it. You can see he has improved since he started taking those shots.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
Make we dey see sha.

I believe the price tag is to scare us away or bring something closer like 60m but make we dey see sha
We already increase to 75
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2023
mostob:
Then why not take a shot with his right? That's it. You can see he has improved since he started taking those shots.
but it's Still with his left foot na, and that's what he's been doing ever since. In fact, the only time he had a chance to take a shot with his right after that our talk was against Chelsea (1 on 1) and you know how it panned out.

The point is, you don't think of benching your creative midfielder (one of your best) just because he doesn't take shot with his weaker feet cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

We already increase to 75
Really?
And they rejected it?

I didn't read it yet oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
Really?
And they rejected it?

I didn't read it yet oo
Still on it
I doubt they will reject it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Still on it
I doubt they will reject it
Well, nice one

But 75m... Omorr!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
Well, nice one

But 75m... Omorr!!!
Pepe abi grin grin
My thought too

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
Man u is two points behind Man city but it's not spoken loud enough.

*Modified.: It's four points!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Pepe abi grin grin
My thought too
I swear down grin

75m for squad player too is outrageous
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
but it's Still with his left foot na, and that's what he's been doing ever since. In fact, the only time he had a chance to take a shot with his right after that our talk was against Chelsea (1 on 1) and you know how it panned out.

The point is, you don't think of benching your creative midfielder (one of your best) just because he doesn't take shot with his weaker feet cheesy
And what about those shots that fell on his left and he still chose to pass. My insinuation may be wrong but my reason was valid at that time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
Evening is doing lord's work
Leading spuds 2 goals at their lane
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera2:
Man u is two points behind Man city but it's not spoken loud enough.

*Modified.: It's four points!!
Make Aston Villa finish Spurs today

A victory against Newcastle and City (hoping Chelsea drew with them next match) and we should get a breather before Europa resumes in March.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:
I think this should be the 5th time Spurs will find themselves 2-goal down. They do managed to find a way around sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2023
mostob:
And what about those shots that fell on his left and he still chose to pass. My insinuation may be wrong but my reason was valid at that time.

Well... He's an Ozil type of midfielder. They choose to be creative over shooting. Especially if the players to pass to are properly positioned. It's one of the main reason I preferred him over Maddison when we were linked to both last season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
mostob:
Make Aston Villa finish Spurs today

A victory against Newcastle and City (hoping Chelsea drew with them next match) and we should get a breather before Europa resumes in March.
I swear down .

Make way just dey open for us laidat grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
mostob:
I think this should be the 5th time Spurs will find themselves 2-goal down. They do managed to find a way around sha.
Lol spurs are getting worse everyday.

It's not feasible to be always coming back from 2 goals down in the long run

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
I know I was one of those who was against Conte signing for arsenal.

I hate short term gain and long term loss and that's one of the big reasons I was always against Conte(especially his boring type of play)

Conte and Mourinho are two coaches I would never love in my team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
Jodera:
As it’s the end of the year, who in your opinion is our club's:

- Player of the year
- Young player of the year(21 and under)
- Most improved player of the year
- Goal of the Year
- Match of the year

Please the duration is for January 1st to December 30th 2022.

Player of the year: Bukayo Saka, the GOAT.

Young player of the year- Bukayo Saka (I think it is easy to forget the GOAT is still only 21)/ Folarin Balogun, I have been following him throughout the season and my thoughts about him have not changed from his Hale End days.

Most Improved Player: G. Xhaka

Goal of the Year: Partey's goal against Spuds grin.

Match of the year: Arsenal vs Liverpool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy New Year everyone.

Arteta is compiling a strong argument to be named Coach of the Year. If we finish top 2, he should absolutely win it.

Lets talk some tactics!

I have been impressed by our post WC performance. The aura of confidence and belief in this team is evident and contagious. On defense, we have so much flexibility and versatility when we field Zinny as the LB. This man is able to invert into the DM position to receive the ball from the defenders or goalie, thus pushing Partey and Xhaka even higher up the pitch which causes an overload in the half of the opponents. He also inverts into midfield or the edge of the attacking third which gives us more movement at the top of the key. If you pay close attention, most of our attack in the final third occur around the edge of the box with the constant movement and rotation of the players. If you have time, replay our 1st goal against Brighton and you will see proof of my comments about Zinny inverting into the DM when. The biggest issue is that Martinelli is not helping Zinny enough, thus exposing him to frequent overloads that opponents have continued to exploit.

Another player is Partey! Partey is such a cerebral player and most times he looks like he is playing in a world, all by himself. Outside of his ball technique, his positioning on the pitch and sense of awareness is delightful. He reads the game and movement of the ball even without the ball and can almost predict where the ball is going to travel and that makes it easy for him to make clean tackles, block passing lanes and keep the press compact which is the most important thing. Our inability to press Brighton led to our first goal..AND HIS PASSING!!!! MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Partey's passing ability, especially during counter attacks or transition has been important for us. He is able to roll the ball perfectly into the receiving players angle. His passes set us up and gives other players enough time to move and choose positions that make us dangerous.

Arteta has broken down 4-3-3 formation into a 4-1-2-3 and this is perfect for this team. Big credit to Arteta for expanding on this formation/tactics which has led to more fluidity with possession. Also the formation allows us to exploit the pace of Martinelli and Saka more than we have ever seen. Partey/ Odegaard/ Xhaka/ Zinny all have long range passing that can open the wings perfectly whenever we recover the ball and counter....Look no further than our 4th goal. Also, with this formation, the possession triangle is on both sides of the player with the ball which makes it very easy for us to complete quick passes in crowded areas.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
Roland17:
Happy New Year everyone.

Arteta is compiling a strong argument to be named Coach of the Year. If we finish top 2, he should absolutely win it.

Lets talk some tactics!

I have been impressed by our post WC performance. The aura of confidence and belief in this team is evident and contagious. On defense, we have so much flexibility and versatility when we field Zinny as the LB. This man is able to invert into the DM position to receive the ball from the defenders or goalie, thus pushing Partey and Xhaka even higher up the pitch which causes an overload in the half of the opponents. He also inverts into midfield or the edge of the attacking third which gives us more movement at the top of the key. If you pay close attention, most of our attack in the final third occur around the edge of the box with the constant movement and rotation of the players. If you have time, replay our 1st goal against Brighton and you will see proof of my comments about Zinny inverting into the DM when. The biggest issue is that Martinelli is not helping Zinny enough, thus exposing him to frequent overloads that opponents have continued to exploit.

Another player is Partey! Partey is such a cerebral player and most times he looks like he is playing in a world, all by himself. Outside of his ball technique, his positioning on the pitch and sense of awareness is delightful. He reads the game and movement of the ball even without the ball and can almost predict where the ball is going to travel and that makes it easy for him to make clean tackles, block passing lanes and keep the press compact which is the most important thing. Our inability to press Brighton led to our first goal..AND HIS PASSING!!!! MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Partey's passing ability, especially during counter attacks or transition has been important for us. He is able to roll the ball perfectly into the receiving players angle. His passes set us up and gives other players enough time to move and choose positions that make us dangerous.

Arteta has broken down 4-3-3 formation into a 4-1-2-3 and this is perfect for this team. Big credit to Arteta for expanding on this formation/tactics which has led to more fluidity with possession. Also the formation allows us to exploit the pace of Martinelli and Saka more than we have ever seen. Partey/ Odegaard/ Xhaka/ Zinny all have long range passing that can open the wings perfectly whenever we recover the ball and counter....Look no further than our 4th goal. Also, with this formation, the possession triangle is on both sides of the player with the ball which makes it very easy for us to complete quick passes in crowded areas.

Na wa o. See as you start new year with essay unprovoked.
Kokaneprodigy abeg come give us summary. T for Tenks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
Lana1:
Na wa o. See as you start new year with essay unprovoked.
Kokaneprodigy abeg come give us summary. T for Tenks

No allow una back to back wins against scraps deceive you....Your wailing is nigh! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
Roland17:

No allow una back to back wins against scraps deceive you....Your wailing is nigh! grin
You mean the lucky win against Brighton after getting outplayed? You go soon begin dey swear for Arteta again cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Agent Ebening grin

The pain in the eyes of Spuds fans made my day grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Donjazet2: 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy new year to everyone.

Please don't forget to pick up your PVCs. Let's ensure we participate in the process of electing leaders that lead us. Let us try and save Nigeria.

Guys get your PVCs please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 12:21am On Jan 02, 2023
Adding to your "Talking about Tactics" @Roland17

One thing I noticed is that I think these guys are one of the best technically gifted guys in the league. You've talked about the midfield which is great but I also want to touch on the defenders. The defenders mostly acts as the base to this team and all 4 of them seem specially selected for their roles. All of them are very good passers of the ball (both short and long passes) and they all seem to understand their roles very very well. White is someone that have really really impressed me the most. They all seem to be fazed under intense pressure (bar Gabriel beginning of season)

Another thing is that this team greatly coached and drilled. Most times, the way our players execute the understanding of spaces is really magnificent. The way we easily bypass opponents press in tight spaces due to one touch passes and manipulation of tight spaces is an indication of how highly technical these guys are and how greatly coached and drilled they've really underwent by the staff.

Then you talk about deception. Last season, I noticed it was mostly Partey and Odegaard that's the masters of the "disguise pass". But now I've noticed even Xhaka as well as Martinelli is even doing it. That's why it's easy for most our passes In the opposition 3rd mostly clicks. I mean, when disguise pass meets understanding of spaces, then you'll wonder less why we're always deadly when we attack.

Then the unpredictability in attack which is making it hard for opposition defenders. Watch anytime Jesus (or recently Nketiah) drops deep to interplay thereby dragging the CBs off position, both Martinelli and Xhaka looks to attack that space. Moreover, the kind of bodies we push into the opposition box is much (I think we're the highest in the league). Then the players being ambipedal and unpredictable. Nketiah goal ystdy was still as a result of Martinelli fooling Lamptey by going onto his left and unleashing that shot. Before then, Lamptey was always having joy when anytime Martinelli is cutting to the right and looking to beat him.

So many facets from Tactics to intense coaching/drilling, to players quality and technicality. Then we have the mentality that's one of the best. No wonder we're top of the league playing beautifully!!!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:41am On Jan 02, 2023
Roland17:

Agent Ebening grin

The pain in the eyes of Spuds fans made my day grin grin
Our neighbour best player haven't changed a bit

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:57am On Jan 02, 2023
bakynes:
I want to make a suggestion as regards player valuation.

Obviously a lot of clubs and independent bodies fix the market value of football players but I think its time FIFA take over by handing the power and authority to the various continental bodies like UEFA, CONCACAF, CAF etc. Obviously there are indices with which a player is valued and they can continue or add to such indices. If any club feels their player has more value than what FIFA and its continental bodies fix, they can always appeal, present videos and evidence to back their claim.

I believe this will cub greedy Club owners and Club president that try to milk Premier league clubs.

I understand that once a player signs for a club they become more like their property but FIFA needs to have a lot more right when it comes to such decisions. La-Liga sets release clause on players i believe all football clubs need to set release clauses on their players as well.
This is communism's pattern. Let the market be driven by forces of demand and supply. One day price will drop.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:13am On Jan 02, 2023
On tactics, one remarkable job the recruitment team has done is to select players with multiple dimensions in their game.

Each of our players can play in multiple positions in the same game. Most multidimensional players would rather play those separate roles in different games.

This multidimensionality is what Arteta is mining to create multiple tactical formations and styles IN THE SAME GAME.

Each player brings his own formation. For example, when it's Partey it's a single pivot, when it's Lokonga it's double. When it's Jesus, he is a false striker, when it's Nketiah it's a lone striker. When it's Zinchenko, it s in inverted fullback, for Tierney it's a stretched width. Saliba it's a back 4, Holding it's 'go home, shop is closed' back 5.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2023
Spy360:
On tactics, one remarkable job the recruitment team has done is to select players with multiple dimensions in their game.

Each of our players can play in multiple positions in the same game. Most multidimensional players would rather play those separate roles in different games.

This multidimensionality is what Arteta is mining to create multiple tactical formations and styles IN THE SAME GAME.

Each player brings his own formation. For example, when it's Partey it's a single pivot, when it's Lokonga it's double. When it's Jesus, he is a false striker, when it's Nketiah it's a lone striker. When it's Zinchenko, it s in inverted fullback, for Tierney it's a stretched width. Saliba it's a back 4, Holding it's 'go home, shop is closed' back 5.
Both Tierney and Zinchenko plays inverted fullbacks this season. It's the reason why Tierney have lesser crosses per game this season unlike previous seasons. The only thing distinguishing Zinchenko from Tierney in that role is just quality since KT is still learning on the job

The only thing why we play double pivot with Sambi is just his overall weakness in that role. He hardly brings anything aside from recycling and maintaining possession.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2859) (2860) (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.