Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,627 members, 7,847,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2349451 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:
If we had another player who would assist Partey in the middle, I would've wished Odegaard was taken off in the 70th minute for Viera.

Also, Martinelli had much of the ball today and didn't make much of it. We should've a good deputy for him also on days like this
Dubbery but arteta won't risk it
I was saying it last match that martinelli was playing rubbish
As for odegaard he play when he want to

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Dubbery but arteta won't risk it
I was saying it last match that martinelli was playing rubbish
As for odegaard he play when he want to

Even me will not support it. It's career suicide as a coach for u to bring on a player that's never played at the highest level into this kind of high intensity game.

You will end up killing the player's career even before it starts as a coach..... You will also be burying Ur own career with it cos people will always refer to that turning point in Ur career if things get worse.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
It's official
All the clubs have failed to score in a match

Newcastle did this

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:
It's official
All the clubs have failed to score in a match

Newcastle did this
our 100% Emirates league win is gone too. embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 04, 2023
Make una sign players oooo.

The schedules will be very tight from now till April
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2023
kokaneprodigy:
If una like make una no sign players in January. Ndi Nketiah will stand in for Jesus. We needed a win but could only make 1 sub and it was a defender.

We missed Jesus’ selflessness and versatility from the CF position today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:13am On Jan 04, 2023
So the ref casually dismissed the penalty appeal for that Rugby tackle on Gabriel in the box and VAR also didn't call his attention to it even if he had missed it in the heat of the action? lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:15am On Jan 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:
So the ref casually dismissed the penalty appeal for that Rugby tackle on Gabriel in the box and VAR also didn't call his attention to it even if he had missed it in the heat of the action? lipsrsealed
Penalties against soton
None given

Penalties against Newcastle
None given

We scored legit goal against scummies
It was ruled out

The referees and var are all against us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:22am On Jan 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Penalties against soton
None given

None given

It was ruled out

I guess at this point we just need to keep applying pressure, ensure we score goals as more and more matches come up and hopefully they won't rule all offside wrongly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:40am On Jan 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Penalties against soton
None given

None given

It was ruled out

The painful part of this penalty appeal is that ; it's the same situation VAR awarded penalty in the match between Nigeria and Croatia in 2018.

We just need 4cking consistency!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:06am On Jan 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The painful part of this penalty appeal is that ; it's the same situation VAR awarded penalty in the match between Nigeria and Croatia in 2018.

We just need 4cking consistency!
It's the epl
These assholes will come back to apologize later when they could have just be consistent
If xhaka commit a dangerous foul it's red
If another player do the same it's no card or yellow
Different team different approach on var
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 04, 2023
Roland17:

We missed Jesus’ selflessness and versatility from the CF position today.
The fact we lacked options in attack to change the dynamics of the game was embarrassing to watch. We played the same team from midfield to attack for fûckin 90 mins, trying to do the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

The fact we lacked options in attack to change the dynamics of the game was embarrassing to watch. We played the same team from midfield to attack for fûckin 90 mins, trying to do the same thing.
only marquinhos and vierra were the notable forwards on the bench, and the fact that those in the field of play are much more better than them makes it even hard for you to sub them in. with the way that martinelli was off althrough the match, if we had another good winger he wouldn't have finished the match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
Second bid rejected. Imagine rejecting a bid of 60M for Mudryk. Make we look elsewhere abeg...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
mostob:
Second bid rejected.
Imagine rejecting a bid of 60M for Mudryk.
Make we look elsewhere abeg...
Na those scummies cause this nonsense
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
mostob:
Second bid rejected.
Abeg they should look elsewhere
Edu should not be unfortunate,we are done with them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
kokaneprodigy:

Na those scummies cause this nonsense
Imagine paying 100M for Antony fah...
Dem just dey spoil market
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Abeg they should look elsewhere
Edu should not be unfortunate,we are done with them
How I wish Gakpo is still available...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
mostob:
Second bid rejected.
Bros i never see where them reject the second bid oo
I saw srna coming to london
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mudryk is my birthday mate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Bros i never see where them reject the second bid oo
I saw srna coming to london
He is coming for Chelsea-City game to negotiate with Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
germaphobe:
only marquinhos and vierra were the notable forwards on the bench, and the fact that those in the field of play are much more better than them makes it even hard for you to sub them in. with the way that martinelli was off althrough the match, if we had another good winger he wouldn't have finished the match.
I'll say we miss Esr in that game to bench Martinelli in attack.

Hopefully next match he'll be on the bench
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Jodera:
I'll say we miss Esr in that game to bench Martinelli in attack.

Hopefully next match he'll be on the bench

Honestly, Martinelli fall my hand yesterday and not forgetting the game against West ham. We need ESR back to full fitness so he can push Martinelli and provide some competition on that LW. Yesterday, his play reminded me of Pepe. He complicated very simple things and played himself and the team out of dangerous attacking situations.

Overall, the mentality of the team shifted after the 20th minute as they allowed Newcastle's antics get to them. I thought the tactics employed by Arteta was great, I mean we started and finished the game strongly but we just lost focus.

Newcastle's plan was very simple; be physical, disrupt our offensive rhythm and get them flustered/ frustrated and it worked. I expected the experienced heads like Xhaka/ Partey to get the team to refocus and not get distracted by this but Xhaka went ahead and got a yellow sef angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2023
Roland17:

Honestly, Martinelli fall my hand yesterday and not forgetting the game against West ham. We need ESR back to full fitness so he can push Martinelli and provide some competition on that LW. Yesterday, his play reminded me of Pepe. He complicated very simple things and played himself and the team out of dangerous attacking situations.

Overall, the mentality of the team shifted after the 20th minute as they allowed Newcastle's antics get to them. I thought the tactics employed by Arteta was great, I mean we started and finished the game strongly but we just lost focus.

Newcastle's plan was very simple; be physical, disrupt our offensive rhythm and get them flustered/ frustrated and it worked. I expected the experienced heads like Xhaka/ Partey to get the team to refocus and not get distracted by this but Xhaka went ahead and got a yellow sef angry
This here I agree 100% to it. Most of his decision making was just very wrong ystdy. I just hope the coach refocuses him once more cos we have very very tough matches ahead and we can't afford to drop more points.

I think we played a good game ystdy but we lacked just that finishing touch and quality. A Gabriel Jesus present ystdy would have caused chaos in that bus parking Newcastle did ystdy. He might have not scored but something certain Is that we would have created a great scoring chance for the team to score. I think the difference between Newcastle and wolves game was that inventive pass Jesus laid for Viera leading to Odegaard's goal. Saka was double marked as Martinelli unfortunately didn't bring his A game. We just lacked that 3rd force to cause chaos and unfortunately that's not the type of Nketiah's game.

I'm not too angry about the dropped points tho. I just hope we shake it off and move forward to the next game (Tottenham). We did it after Southampton draw, I believe we can do it again!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
Cesc Fabregas has been working with Arsenal's academy staff, including under-18s coach Jack Wilshere, in the last few days. Fabregas has been back at the club as part of his coaching development. He wants to be a manager after retiring

[Sam Dean]

Are you kidding me?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
In other news, Miguel Azeez is back at Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
mostob:
Cesc Fabregas has been working with Arsenal's academy staff, including under-18s coach Jack Wilshere, in the last few days. Fabregas has been back at the club as part of his coaching development. He wants to be a manager after retiring

[Sam Dean]

Are you kidding me?
We don't want him here
He's not one of us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
Ferran is our alternative
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
We don't want him here He's not one of us
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Ferran is our alternative
Not bad. His major problem is finishing.
What I like most about him is his positioning. He always get to goalscoring position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
I was really happy with how Willock has progressed so far. He was one of my favorites when he was still with us.
Only God knows where his brother is now playing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2023
mostob:

[Sam Dean]

Are you kidding me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.