Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353228 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KazeKage1: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Arsenal outcast Carlos Vela is hitting all the right spots with Sociedad. JET too. Makes you wonder why..nah, I won't say it lipsrsealed
The prospect of having to depend on TW14 to get goals if OG picks up a knock/injury looks a little scary, don't you think? Glad to see Flamini in an Arsenal jersey, he does look a little hungry...for action cool

Roll out the cannons. We need to shush those lousy scumtwats from White Trash Lane this sunday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2013
Since trollcot signed a new contract he has done absolutely nothing to impress, and it looks like he doesn't give a solitary fvck either. Truely depressing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 8:53am On Aug 30, 2013
debosky:

Nah, we are 'keeping our gunpowder dry*' for January. cheesy

*(c) Ivan Gazidis September 2012.
Seriously, with hindsight, I can say this was on Arsene's mind before our players got injured. I'm now certain he had the impression we can go with the players we have till at least January and then see our league position/CL performance before deciding on who to buy/loan.

Even now, I still don't doubt that he is waiting for TV5, Chambo and Poldi to return.

When he was asked if he was still looking for new faces, he said:

"Yes, of course. When you think that we lost three players of the stature of Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski for three months basically before the season really starts, it’s very hard to take and we are in a position where you want some more players."

So question is, if Arteta, Poldi and Chambo did not get injured..... (complete yourself). What have we been doing over the summer? Window shopping? cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2013
proudlysports:
Seriously, with hindsight, I can say this was on Arsene's mind before our players got injured. I'm now certain he had the impression we can go with the players we have till at least January and then see our league position/CL performance before deciding on who to buy/loan.

No - the only transfer window Wenger hates more than the summer one is the winter window. If he didn't want to sign anyone in this window, he wouldn't have chased Higuain, Suarez and Bender. What I think is that Wenger has a very short list of players he thinks can fit into his team/playing style. If he fails to get them (at the price he wants), he'd rather wait a year to get them, or stick with what he has. Remember the season-long wait for Chamakh?

Besides, we all know Wenger doesn't like big squads, so he wasn't initially looking for more than 3/4 signings this window, and he's made 2 already.

Even now, I still don't doubt that he is waiting for TV5, Chambo and Poldi to return.

When he was asked if he was still looking for new faces, he said:

"Yes, of course. When you think that we lost three players of the stature of Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski for three months basically before the season really starts, it’s very hard to take and we are in a position where you want some more players."

So question is, if Arteta, Poldi and Chambo did not get injured..... (complete yourself). What have we been doing over the summer? Window shopping? cheesy cheesy

He knew he needed a few even before the Villa game, and now the need is simply more acute. By signing Flamini, he'll say he's solved two issues - backup for Arteta and a utility player enabling him to play Sagna at CB if needed. Now all he 'needs' is a forward and a winger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2013
^^^
Well not something we all want to hear but AW has now come out to say, Bendtner might stay and actually play. cheesy

IF we won't be buying any forward, I really don't mind. It's a case of 'better than nothing'. And IMO, Bendtner on his good day isn't a bad option cheesy
I know this isn't what Naijababe wants to hear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Heathen: Since trollcot signed a new contract he has done absolutely nothing to impress, and it looks like he doesn't give a solitary fvck either. Truely depressing.

haHAHAHA, i think when i was saying this last season, i was called names by you lot.

of which you are wrong sef. last season was his most productive!!!! ye know
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
proudlysports: ^^^
Well not something we all want to hear but AW has now come out to say, Bendtner might stay and actually play. cheesy

IF we won't be buying any forward, I really don't mind. It's a case of 'better than nothing'. And IMO, Bendtner on his good day isn't a bad option cheesy
I know this isn't what Naijababe wants to hear

which of the bendtners? the one who was so shit he was loaned out 2 seasons in a row? or the one who has not played any football in close to a year? or the one who even in his halycon days of 12 goals a season was generally regarded as shiiit?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2013
The fans are already settling for less...but do we even have options in the 1st place.

How many days remain again? I guess that number of days is a long time in football
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2013
4llerbuntu:

which of the bendtners? the one who was so shit he was loaned out 2 seasons in a row? or the one who has not played any football in close to a year? or the one who even in his halycon days of 12 goals a season was generally regarded as shiiit?

Id play Bendtner (if he's in form and fit) ahead of Sanogo. It seems to me that those are the two options now at least with AW's recent statement. If he buys a new forward, great, if not, wetin man go do?

folahann: The fans are already settling for less...but do we even have options in the 1st place.
How many days remain again? I guess that number of days is a long time in football
Abi nah? I go carry my money buy player for Arsenal ni? We the fans can only settle for what they give us. At the moment, it's Bendtner, Sanogo and Giroud. Park might move to St Etienne btw.

We have 'two' days to wrap things up. Today and Monday. The FA office is closed for the weekend tomorrow and next anyways. Asides, we have a game on Sunday to focus on.

Wenger on Bendtner:

The chances for him to leave now are very small. If he doesn’t leave, prepares well and is fit, really fit, I will use him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PastorKun(m): 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sky sports sources believe that Spurs' delay of Gareth Bale's sale to Madrid is to stave off the impending purchase of Di Maria and co by Arsenal , till after their game on sunday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
^^^
I heard the rumour a few days back but I didn't think Spurs would stoop so low but then again, it's Spurs. smh

Suarez story gets another twist. Unnamed Spanish club bids 40m (lower than our bid btw cheesy ) for Suarez

If it's Real (most likely), they are either going to offload players or they are simply calling Tottenham's bluff...
Next few days will be exciting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Spurs Spurs dey spend o. Where them get money from? Sign 3 players the same day including Eriksen.

Wenger, where are our top top top players.?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 31, 2013
I really hope that we do not extend Wenger's contract. It's time for him to move on because his reluctance to change is killing Arsenal success.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 1:16am On Aug 31, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc(m): 1:50am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 31, 2013
Me think a lot of players r alrdy signed who wil come in ard 11:59pm
AW can never b so cruel not 2sign players
I also want 2believe spurs have somethg 2do wit d silence
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2013
^^ nikky don't believe anything - this summer has been weirder than any I can remember in Arsenal's history so nothing is certain.

We've gotten rid of more players in one season than we have done in ages, yet signed only 2 - with one only really ready to play first team football. Lots of links but no signings of note so far.

I won't be surprised if nothing comes through, because in these last frantic days, nothing is really a secret - the clubs selling will try to get a higher price and so will find ways to make bids public, so if you don't hear anything, it likely means nothing is happening.

I can't pretend I'm not surprised, but I'm still siddon looking till September 2nd. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2013
debosky: ^^ nikky don't believe anything - this summer has been weirder than any I can remember in Arsenal's history so nothing is certain.

We've gotten rid of more players in one season than we have done in ages, yet signed only 2 - with one only really ready to play first team football. Lots of links but no signings of note so far.

I won't be surprised if nothing comes through, because in these last frantic days, nothing is really a secret - the clubs selling will try to get a higher price and so will find ways to make bids public, so if you don't hear anything, it likely means nothing is happening.

I can't pretend I'm not surprised, but I'm still siddon looking till September 2nd. grin

You are not really in a siddon look mode if you are surprised. I am sorry but Arsene is now my enemy numero uno, in just 12 weeks, he has managed not only to lose all his credibility but also on the way to undo all the good work he's done for this club. It really will be a shame if he is pushed out!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
You can be surprised but still be siddon looking - reaction is what takes one out of siddon look mode. grin

Sept 2nd isn't too far away now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Moses and Sakho to Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Latest news is that the focus is now on Julian Draxler a player with bigger ambitions than Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
^^ Sure, that's why he's playing at Schalke. cheesy

If we sign him I expect you to make some revisionist posts, so remember what you said.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
^ You see wetin that yeye man don turn my dear club to! SMH!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Scowling the net for news. Will summarize here. Don't quote me!!!!

Everyone's saying Draxler, Kaka and Di Maria.

Update: Sources saying Di Maria is done. Caeser & Valencia GK is also in the picture.

I'm sure we can form two premiership winning teams with the players we've been linked to this summer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
debosky: ^^ Sure, that's why he's playing at Schalke. cheesy

If we sign him I expect you to make some revisionist posts, so remember what you said.

He is still 19 but his potential supersedes anything arsenal can offer

Forget him

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 5:50am On Sep 01, 2013
Happy new Month to all including the jobless band group.

May Arsene feel the plight of the fans, buy tested players for deficient positions and render the band group jobless forever.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Presbulg(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2013
Goodmorning Gunners!
North London Derby, Woop Woop!
Today the chickens get gunned down.
Today is when we prove to the spuds that London is still Red! COYG!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2013
"I would not work with a ­director of football because they buy the players and when it does not work you are guilty for not using them well," Wenger told reporters.

"I am not against having ­people to help me buy, sell and negotiate because I cannot do it all. But I think the final ­decision always has to belong to the manager to decide who comes in and who goes out because he is ­responsible for the style of play and ­results.

"I stand up for the results of a team I have chosen. The ­manager should be responsible for the players who come in.

"I cannot deny the transfer window is a problem for me because it conflicts with a ­period where the competition has started already and I need big focus on the competition.

"It's not as easy any more because the market has become more open and international. There are more contenders, but not more players. I always want to be in a position where I do not have to buy." - Arsene Wenger

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/09/01/4228781/wenger-against-director-of-football-model-as-tottenham?ICID=HP_BN_3

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ObaIgwe1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.