Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,588 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2341185 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2013
^
stop posting that gidigooner post everywhere, stick to your thread. the one you created to promote it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Mama Muki how far na? Abeg tell Seun to give you a small break so we can see your beaurriful face more often on this hallowed thread. wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2013
folahann: @Proudly9ja enough already. It's becoming unbearable.

lool..what is? Did I buy Mr Mata's ticket for the game? The guy was spotted in the director's box at the game against Ferna and as a very hardworking gooner reporter, I passed the info.

Don't worry yourself, Sept 2 is just a few days away. cheesy cheesy

For the siddon look guys

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2013
debosky: Mama Muki how far na? Abeg tell Seun to give you a small break so we can see your beaurriful face more often on this hallowed thread. wink
Oga Debo i yam dey o, i am always around watching, taking care of the usual strays that wander in here and [s]restraining myself from e-assassinating Proudlysports[/s] grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2013
debosky:

Did I ever say such a thing? cheesy

Una too dey exaggerate sha.

...agreed... you didn't exactly state it that way but you backed the dude with so much passion then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
^^ I back all Arsenal players with passion - they wear the red and white. I am also able to point out their flaws when I see them.

Unlike some, I clearly say so when I get it wrong, while some claim to be Nostradamus reincarnated with their crystal balls of perfection.

mukina2:
Oga Debo i yam dey o, i am always around watching, taking care of the usual strays that wander in here and [s]restraining myself from e-assassinating Proudlysports[/s] grin

Hehehe. . . .please can you ask Seun whether we can formally change his name to proudlybollocks? Or should we wait till September 2nd?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
^^^ isn't it too early to be at a pub? cheesy

Flamini's deal almost done. 3 year contract
conflicting news on wages though. Flamini demanding 75k/week. Knowing Oga Wenger, he'll prolly offer him 30,001/week. cheesycheesy
BTW Flamini's agent is Darren Dein cheesy cheesy Fingers crossed for this one

I won't be surprised if this is our only signing. I hope not but I see AW looking at TV5's return to the team and Diaby playing his usual 3-4 games a year as reason not to sign.

I also hope Poldi's injury is 3 normal weeks not 3 Arsenal weeks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
^^ It's never too early. tongue

That gif is now my favourite till the window closes. grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Shebi we still have 5 whole days. That's a lot of time. For us, the transfer window starts now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
debosky: ^^ It's never too early. tongue

That gif is now my favourite till the window closes. grin

#ghostmode till sep 2
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OAM4J: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
hehehehe... #SidonLookMode
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
So Fener get banned after we beat them - basically a waste of time playing two meaningless games and picking up,injuries. Platini and his team are irredeemably daft to say the least. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
debosky: So Fener get banned after we beat them - basically a waste of time playing two meaningless games and picking up,injuries. Platini and his team are irredeemably daft to say the least. angry

Omo no be only you dey vex, nucca has transposed his brains to his feet angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
^^^ Ha Naijababe grin this your signature.

Na sango go scatter all the arrangement in Platini's life. Na so him life go dey get injuries.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
midget Platini always Hated Arsenal angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 10:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
mukina2: midget Platini always Hated Arsenal angry
That 'undertaker's jar bearer' (Paul Bearer) hate English teams generally.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Andyblaze: 12:37am On Aug 29, 2013
Lmao...he favours ur club jor! ur nt supposed to be in top seeded teams pot 1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2013

A top notch footie Administrator makes the right calls.

And one of those calls is to say a big 'NO' to an EU club that'd be on a run of 7yrs without a laurel.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2013
Andyblaze: Lmao...he favours ur club jor! ur nt supposed to be in top seeded teams pot 1

Don't be daft - the rules for seeding applies to all teams, not just to Arsenal. If you want to change the rules, contact Platini and his team of muppets.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2013
E don tey wey Arsene Wenger don dey mess up. smh
Old article (4 years old actually)

Di Maria admits he nearly signed for Arsenal!

The Benfica winger Angel Di Maria is rumoured to be a top target for Carlo Ancelotti this January, and has been watched on many occasions by Frank Arnesen, but he has revealed today that he very nearly signed for Arsenal before Benfica snapped him up.

He was playing for Rosario Central in Argentina at the time, and he is at a loss as to why the Arsenal move didn’t happen.

“I don’t know exactly what happened with my proposed transfer to Arsenal,” Di Maria said.

“From what I’ve been told, the transfer money that was supposed to appear, never appeared.

“Benfica heard about the problem, showed an interest in me and quickly hired me.

“I do not regret joining one of the top three teams in Portugal. But I am sure that Arsene Wenger would have had a lot to teach me.”

The 21 year-old is now one of the hottest youngsters in Europe and has been named as a future superstar by the Argentina legend Diego Maradona.

Benfica are expected to demand a transfer fee of at least £25m for him after snapping him up for just £6m two years ago.

What a shame he didn’t come straight to Arsenal then!
http://justarsenal.com/chelsea-target-di-maria-admits-he-nearly-signed-for-arsenal/2010

As you guys can see, sometimes when we think a deal is 99% done, AW can on his own mess things up

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2013
proudlysports: E don tey wey Arsene Wenger don dey mess up. smh
Old article (4 years old actually)

As you guys can see, sometimes when we think a deal is 99% done, AW can on his own mess things up

And what in that article showed you that it was AW that messed things up? Even Di Maria says he didn't know what happened, but you assume it was Wenger? Or is this more 'inside info' from the house of bollocks?

Mr proudly is just talking bollocks as usual to justify his rubbish about Higuain and co earlier in the window.

On a different note, it is instructive that no one is interested in counting players that Arsenal didn't sign but have gone on to fail.

Take for example Ricardo Alvarez - the excellent player we were supposed to sign from Argentina 2 years ago. The guy some were lamenting that he 'chose' Inter over Arsenal, or assuming Arsenal were too cheap to afford him.

So until Alvarez himself comes out to tell us why he didn't join us, Il assume its because Arsene could not pay 12M euro for him. It won't be the first time anyways.

Inter got Alvarez for only 12 million euros and they are evn paying installmentally! What is our excuse?

^^ quotes from proudly on the matter.

Here is what I said:

This same Alvarez was being considered not good enough by some, but once someone else is interested, he becomes the signing we should never have missed. cheesy

Now the guy is just languishing at Inter with barely 8 goals scored in 2 seasons and terrible knee injuries - worse than the Gervinho that people slagged off religiously on this thread. I'm sure if we signed him, Arsene would be slagged off for buying rubbish no be so?

Simple point - clubs 'miss out' on players all the time - some will do well, some will do badly. That is the simple reality. Re-hashing players missed out on is a fool's game for the most part.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2013
proudlysports: ^^^ isn't it too early to be at a pub? cheesy

Flamini's deal almost done. 3 year contract
conflicting news on wages though. Flamini demanding 75k/week. Knowing Oga Wenger, he'll prolly offer him 30,001/week. cheesycheesy
BTW Flamini's agent is Darren Dein cheesy cheesy Fingers crossed for this one

Around 40 000 people are expected at Emirates stadium for Flamini presentation grin The right and top quality player indeed angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 11:22am On Aug 29, 2013
debosky:

Take for example Ricardo Alvarez -Now the guy is just languishing at Inter with barely 8 goals scored in 2 seasons and terrible knee injuries - worse than the Gervinho that people slagged off religiously on this thread. I'm sure if we signed him, Arsene would be slagged off for buying rubbish no be so?

Simple point - clubs 'miss out' on players all the time - some will do well, some will do badly. That is the simple reality. Re-hashing players missed out on is a fool's game for the most part.
I recall a time last season when some of my buddies were losing their sheiiit when Newcastle signed Debuchy because they felt he was superior to Sagna, lol- "Oh muh Godz, Wenga and board iz teh fail, cant buy cheap world class player for 8mil bones.....Wenga out!".....Same goes for Christopher Samba.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Page 291 is almost done and no comment from Dayo and his stooge? Hmmmmmmmm... Maybe Freiburg's hangover grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
Roland17: Page 291 is almost done and no comment from Dayo and his stooge? Hmmmmmmmm... Maybe Freiburg's hangover grin grin grin

Who's that his stooge again? A 40sec question pls. I need an answer within 40seconds
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
folahann:

Who's that his stooge again? A 40sec question pls. I need an answer within 40seconds

WHats this one saying. A dude whose life ambition is to sleep with Fabregas

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Lukas Podolski will be out of action for up to 10 weeks after his hamstring injury proved worse than initially feared.
-1 again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nothing to worry about, Arsenal have enough depth to cover
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
nikkykay: Lukas Podolski will be out of action for up to 10 weeks after his hamstring injury proved worse than initially feared.
-1 again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

nikky..... and i like you passall this one wey u dey do ooo.
ogun hypertension maa ti gbowo lori gaan..

sempe oooo. take ice cream cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
^ grin grin grin grin. After Arsenal almost cost me a baby, nobody sempe pass me! I dey vex all the time but I still dey sempe wella.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
but beef aside, this transfer window has been really amusing.

at the end of last season, the general consensus, even admitted by the coach was that the team needed strengthening.

we started out with public declarations of wanting to blow money..... graduated to ridiculous bids on players that won't come, to complaints about toasting a girl and saying no grin grin

4 days to end of transfer window: 17 players out 2 players in. the 2 players free transfer

total money spent = 0

unless of course u want to calculate the travelling and hardship bonus collected by the pple in charge.

u cant make this up, even sidney sheldon could not make it up

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.