Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2337488 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) ... (3528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Can we win at Anfield?

The answer will solidify our status quo as a club to be feared going into next season, just like Bayern and Barca are feared that year.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by limcar: 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
kokaneprodigy:
Dey try read and digest comments before you reply
I said “with this team” is England same as Arsenal?
the guy na mumu
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
The team did it🔝

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
Roland17:
Na so we for just burn money go buy poor man's white Peperempe
We shouldn't just conclude. He might turn out better with Arteta as the coach. The fact that we're willing to drop 90M showed Arteta really wanted him.
Chelsea are just fond of buying players without collecting their instruction manual.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
daveP:
Can we win at Anfield?

The answer will solidify our status quo as a club to be feared going into next season, just like Bayern and Barca are feared that year.
That Anfield dey scare me bro...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
mostob:
That Anfield dey scare me bro...
We must do all to never lose there. Infact if na defend and counter, no p. They aren't superb right now. But we've struggled there recent years.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:55am On Apr 02, 2023
Roland17:
Na so we for just burn money go buy poor man's white Peperempe

Sometimes in life when you don't get what you wanted initially, it can be a blessing in disguise. Signing Trossard over Mudryk in a season where we needed a ready impact for the frontline has tuned out to be a master stroke.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

Sometimes in life when you don't get what you wanted initially, it can be a blessing in disguise. Signing Trossard over Mudryk in a season where we needed a ready impact for the frontline has tuned out to be a master stroke.
God works in mysterious ways!! grin grin

This is the kinda impact we really needed for that title push, not someone who might be finding his feet. I don't know if Mudryk would have excelled here but getting Trossard for as cheap as 20m is such a big masterstroke from us.

Best January signing this season. Imagine getting 7 assists in less than 4 months
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2023
Shegzdave:
The team did it🔝
Roland17, you remember when I said we shouldn't be overly worried about us getting found out (That it was just a blip which most teams do encounter) and that I trust that just a little tweak from Arteta would make us go back to our winning runs again (just as we did when we lost against Man u).

That little tweak (Trossard in CF position) to add fluidity in our attack have made us gun blazing once again. Imagine us scoring at least 3+ goals in every match bar Leicester since after the loss to Man city. In fact, we've won 7 matches in a row since that time, something we didn't even do during the first half of the season cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2023
We are now in the crucial part of the season but I trust the boys to be able to scale through.

Liverpool at Anfield up next. We've not won at Anfield since 2012. Well, that isn't too bad(cos I wouldn't read much meaning to it since they're a big team). What's bad is the batterings we've been receiving consistently since 2014 whenever we go there. I just hope the boys mentality and doggedness will see us prevail there. At least, let us don't lose.

9 more matches to go. The boys are pumped up, the team are pumped up, the fans are pumped up. Let's go!!!!

COYG!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2023
daveP:
Can we win at Anfield?

True.
At least, we've banished the Tottenham's demon(winning in their home this season after not doing so since 2014). If we can win at Anfield or at least get a draw and we get a result at Etihad, then this team will be one to be very feared entering into next season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
daveP:

We must do all to never lose there. Infact if na defend and counter, no p. They aren't superb right now. But we've struggled there recent years.
The trick will be to occupy their Midfield and activate counter attack. I'm wary of Salah especially with Tomi' absence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2023
Jodera2:
True.
At least, we've banished the Tottenham's demon(winning in their home this season after not doing so since 2014). If we can win at Anfield or at least get a draw and we get a result at Etihad, then this team will be one to be very feared entering into next season

We've really did well against top 6 this season. It will be good to finish the H&A with Liverpool.

We have excelled so well this season. It remains that fear factor, something similar to what City and Liverpool once enjoyed prior to now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
Jodera2:
Roland17, you remember when I said we shouldn't be overly worried about us getting found out (That it was just a blip which most teams do encounter) and that I trust that just a little tweak from Arteta would make us go back to our winning runs again (just as we did when we lost against Man u).

That little tweak (Trossard in CF position) to add fluidity in our attack have made us gun blazing once again. Imagine us scoring at least 3+ goals in every match bar Leicester since after the loss to Man city. In fact, we've won 7 matches in a row since that time, something we didn't even do during the first half of the season cool

Well said. However, I thought and as witnessed during that period, we were quite predictable in our attack, substitution and tactics. This was evidenced by the pattern of the draws or losses. Jesus’s loss played a big role as Nketiah’s style did not necessarily fit our pattern of attack which releases the front players from deep if the opportunity was available.

Trossard’s transfer has been immense in helping our tactics. The fluidity in that front 3 means any of our attacking players can fit into any part of the attacking system because there is constant movement, pace and presence. I still worry when we go down, particularly against a low block team but not as much because of the quality of this team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
Jodera2:
True.

We need to beat Liverpool because we are better than them in every aspect of the game this season. This is going to be more mental than anything to be honest. Tactically, I expect Klopp to press our midfield and play high from the back.

If we break their press and take our chances, we can win by 2-3 goals. Otherwise it would be a difficult match. Liverpool’s defense is by far their weakest link, if we can move them around we should get enough chances.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
injuries to both Tomi and Saliba is why the game against Liverpool is looking like a mountain.
Their Midfield and defence are weak now so we should be able to get the edge there.
But Zinny and Holding vs Gakpo and Salah is a serious headache.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
FT: Arsenal Women 2-1 Man City Women

Arsenal women complete the comeback as they beat Manchester City Women & move above them in the league to second place with six games to go.

They’re now three points behind first place, Manchester United Women with a game in hand. The title race is on.

As well as a Champions League semi-final on the horizon. Two massive wins in a week.

Get in there, @arsenalwfc! #afc #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
Jodera2:
We are now in the crucial part of the season but I trust the boys to be able to scale through.

Liverpool at Anfield up next. We've not won at Anfield since 2012. Well, that isn't too bad(cos I wouldn't read much meaning to it since they're a big team). What's bad is the batterings we've been receiving consistently since 2014 whenever we go there. I just hope the boys mentality and doggedness will see us prevail there. At least, let us don't lose.

9 more matches to go. The boys are pumped up, the team are pumped up, the fans are pumped up. Let's go!!!!

COYG!!!
I am just trusting Arteta to get the right tactics to overpower Liverpool. Apart from this, I don't have any other hope

Liverpool's performance be like NEPA. But one thing is clear- their defensive frailties. VvD looks like the worst defender in the PL now. I will be hoping that Arteta will take advantage of this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Willock understood the assignment. I'm just happy about his progression so far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
daveP:

We've really did well against top 6 this season. It will be good to finish the H&A with Liverpool.

We have excelled so well this season. It remains that fear factor, something similar to what City and Liverpool once enjoyed prior to now.
It's just mentality now cos if it's quality, we have it more than Liverpool, at least this season.

Can we win against Anfield noise who would want to ginger the players?

Omorr, this weekend will answer how far we've come as a team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Roland17:

Well said. However, I thought and as witnessed during that period, we were quite predictable in our attack, substitution and tactics. This was evidenced by the pattern of the draws or losses. Jesus’s loss played a big role as Nketiah’s style did not necessarily fit our pattern of attack which releases the front players from deep if the opportunity was available.

Trossard’s transfer has been immense in helping our tactics. The fluidity in that front 3 means any of our attacking players can fit into any part of the attacking system because there is constant movement, pace and presence. I still worry when we go down, particularly against a low block team but not as much because of the quality of this team.
Trossard have been the best January signing this season by a mile. The way he really blended with our team, one would think that he's been here for years.

But then I think most teams have been more of low blocks, but the interchange, fluidity and rotations amongst our front five helps in breaking it up easily as if the low block is not there. The difference between that our loss/ draw against Everton/Brentford and these our 7 matches is just the fluidity and rotations. Else till now, we would have still been complaining. It's the main reason why that Newcastle game deh pain me till now cos that's a massive 2point dropped
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
Roland17:

We need to beat Liverpool because we are better than them in every aspect of the game this season. This is going to be more mental than anything to be honest. Tactically, I expect Klopp to press our midfield and play high from the back.

If we break their press and take our chances, we can win by 2-3 goals. Otherwise it would be a difficult match. Liverpool’s defense is by far their weakest link, if we can move them around we should get enough chances.
If we can calm our nerves and block our ears against that Anfield noise, I believe we'll win.

Individually, the only person I see as a weak link is Rob Holding
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
Spy360:

I am just trusting Arteta to get the right tactics to overpower Liverpool. Apart from this, I don't have any other hope

Liverpool's performance be like NEPA. But one thing is clear- their defensive frailties. VvD looks like the worst defender in the PL now. I will be hoping that Arteta will take advantage of this.
Lol .. true talk.

Hopefully, we'll take advantage.
I believe the mentality of this team is stronger now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
mostob:
injuries to both Tomi and Saliba is why the game against Liverpool is looking like a mountain.
Their Midfield and defence are weak now so we should be able to get the edge there.
But Zinny and Holding vs Gakpo and Salah is a serious headache.
So you still think Arteta will bench one of his best and most important player that makes his system click just because Salah??

If Tomi likes, let him be well, the only person he would think of benching is Ben White if he'll ever start.

The only reason Tomi played first leg was because of my injury to Zinny.

But then, I still don't understand why you think Zinny is a weakness instead of strength against Liverpool?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
Jodera2:
So you still think Arteta will bench one of his best and most important player that makes his system click just because Salah??

If Tomi likes, let him be well, the only person he would think of benching is Ben White if he'll ever start.

But then, I still don't understand why you think Zinny is a weakness instead of strength against Liverpool?
seriously i don't understand why he is so confident about zinny being a weak link in the team when we would face liverpool, he has said it a couple of times shaa. someone who is like the best thing after bread and akara to our amazing system na who you wan remove against liverpool cus of say wetin happen?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Jodera2:

Zinny is not a weakness as such but his tendency to drift inside may create a loophole. And he will be up against one of the league's bests, Salah. It could go either way..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
against this current liverpool side, my only fear going into the match is something that have to do with us than them. i mean when it comes to everything about football this season we're far ahead of them, both beautiful and ugly games, but my fear is the atmosphere at anfield, if our boys can withstand the noise, taunts and all, i believe we would get out with a point or maybe points. last 3seasons ago we did a double on chelsea after how many years, last two seasons we did it against man utd after a no. of years too, this season against spurs, i believe anything is possible on sunday next week. and talking about holding, i think the positive energy from the team have being passed down to him, as long as he maintains his cool and don't stay back when others are holding a high line for offside trap, or go too far where he can't return quickly he will be fine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
Looking at the remaining fixtures for us and Man City... Man City seems to have an easier ride.

We are still going to meet Liverpool, Man City and Newcastle away, then have Chelsea and Brighton at Home.

We really need to be at our best to win this, the road is not easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
germaphobe:
seriously i don't understand why he is so confident about zinny being a weak link in the team when we would face liverpool, he has said it a couple of times shaa. someone who is like the best thing after bread and akara to our amazing system na who you wan remove against liverpool cus of say wetin happen?
Likeeeee... It's surprising.
Zinny suppose to be the last person if not one of the last to even be thinking about subbing him. Someone due to his role he's performing is making us very very dominant this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
mostob:
Zinny is not a weakness as such but his tendency to drift inside may create a loophole. And he will be up against one of the league's bests, Salah. It could go either way..
That tendency to drift infield is one of the big reasons why we're dominant especially in midfield and to prevent any counter attack.

We come against top teams in EPL, how many times have we been dealt with because of Counter especially due to Zinny wing?

The only reason why I'm even afraid in terms of individual is Holding. Holding can't seem to recycle ball very well, especially aerial balls, Something Saliba is great at. Another thing is that he shouldn't do "Gidigbo" tackling same way he did against Tottenham last season. If he can just calm down and be in tandem with with the rest of the team, I wouldn't have any fear for any individuality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera2: 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
ObaIgwe1:
Looking at the remaining fixtures for us and Man City... Man City seems to have an easier ride.

We are still going to meet Liverpool, Man City and Newcastle away, then have Chelsea and Brighton at Home.

We really need to be at our best to win this, the road is not easy.
Man city, Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton... All consecutively.

If we no slip up after that time, we no fit ever slip up again grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2023
Jodera2:
That tendency to drift infield is one of the big reasons why we're dominant especially in midfield and to prevent any counter attack.

We come against top teams in EPL, how many times have we been dealt with because of Counter especially due to Zinny wing?

The only reason why I'm even afraid in terms of individual is Holding. Holding can't seem to recycle ball very well, especially aerial balls, Something Saliba is great at. Another thing is that he shouldn't do "Gidigbo" tackling same way he did against Tottenham last season. If he can just calm down and be in tandem with with the rest of the team, I wouldn't have any fear for any individuality.
The difference is he would be up against Salah this time. We saw a glimpse of what I'm talking about against Sporting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) ... (3528) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ihebu4chelsea(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.