Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,062 members, 7,867,016 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2365868 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) ... (3553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2023
Lush100:
E be like say e go soon reach....@shegz, @idamola and @jodera go book direct flight to uk go beat teta...and threaten that chelsea guy to start playing well.

That Chelsea buy i no understand....

Manu don improve oh....if u no play well no expect anything oh.

See as Newcastle loose bcoz they didn't tale their chances
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:37am On Aug 28, 2023
Lush100:

The thing is he probably said right.
We are suppose to be at the last stage of the rebuild.
The experiment stage should be minimal now or at least almost 90% perfected in preseason.
Only time is on Harvetz side. Time is not on Arteta side abi teta no tell harvetz say na this season we have to win any cup that is not FA cup or Carabao cup.
Na why I say e fit dey scripted like WWE.
You used 2yrs to work on an idea, used last year to perfect it and put it in use only to ditch all those hardwork to start another new experiment this season??

Haba na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
Thank you. I think where there is misunderstanding is that we are not really conversant with the whole inverting stuffs. When we have the ball, our formation changes to 3-5-2 with one FB inverting. Zinny did it last season.

However, when Zinny inverts, the other must be capable of playing as the RCB. White played the role perfectly last season too. Also, he comfortably overlaps when situation demands.

This season, Arteta want to improvise and try the right side which is why Partey is playing as RB. We don't have a RB similar to Zinny. Timber was brought in for this but unfortunately he got injured. TBH, he was not that impressive in the role in preseason.

Now, if Partey inverts from the right, the LB must be someone who is comfortable as a LB as well as a LCB. Timber, Tomiyasu and Kiwior are perfect for this role. Gabriel can't overlap which is why he is getting benched. Timber is injured and Tomi is suspended...this is why Kiwior started today's match.

I really hope some of us understand this and stop having the insinuation that Arteta is tweaking the team to accommodate Havertz.

I think he is just trying to be flexible and be unpredictable that's why he is shifting to the right.
Brilliant take.

Sometimes when someone is trying to explain tactics, some people misunderstand it as defending the coach. No.

You have simply explained what the coach tried to do, whether it worked or not is a different issue. But one thing we cannot deny is that the tactics makes a lot of sense. If it works it would be ingenuity.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2023
I have read a lot of comments here about Vieira and Havertz.

It's easier for a player to make impact when coming off the bench. We saw that with Trossard. I was expecting people here that were calling for him to start to tell us how he performed.

Funny enough Trossard started as no8 while Havertz moves to no9. But Trossard was equally as ineffective as Havertz in that position.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

It's easier for a player to make impact when coming off the bench. We saw that with Trossard. I was expecting people here that were calling for him to start to tell us how he performed.

Funny enough Trossard started as no8 while Havertz moves to no9. But Trossard was equally as ineffective as Havertz in that position.
You like saying the opposite sha
Can anyone also confirm this lies from spy
Mostob, Jodera, blueraydick, roland17, shegzdave, germanpobe etc

Btw trossard was played out of position too he's a winger not a CF because he excel as a CF last season should also tell you the personnel he played with
Now he played with kiwi as lb, harvetz as cm and partey as RB
None of these guys impacted the game, he fed on scrap
Immediately viera and nketiah entered by then partey and harvetz were off
Zinny in a regular position, white in a familiar position and nketiah too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2023
Some of us here have asked that Arteta reverts to the formation he used last season. What they are not asking is if all the players are fit to play.

Last season, Zinny was the inverted FB with Partey and Xhaka in the middle. With the ball, Zinny moves infield while Xhaka advances to AM counter balancing with Odegaard. Then while Partey shields the CBs, White is allowed to overlap so as to create an overload on the right wing. The trio of Odegaard, Saka and White combined effectively to create tons of chances and goals together.

This season, Zinny was injured or not fit, Timber too got injured, so Arteta has to make a decision. Should he play the ineffective 4-3-3 or does he inverts from the right? He chooses the later knowing that Partey was once a RB. The challenge he now has is if he has the players that can create a similar overload on the left whenever Partey inverts. He has Martinelli, Kiwior and Havertz and so missing out on his best players, Odegaard and Saka.

What am I saying? the problem is not that the tactics is not good but that it is not maximising the full strength of the squad. For example, Tierney is leaving if not he would have used Tierney as LB to create the overload on the left wing with Martinelli and Havertz. Also most of us didn't know that Nketiah has an injury scare after the last game. Starting him would complicate things and may even rule him out for long period of time.

The only area I will fault Arteta is that he would have moved Odegaard to the left AM if he wants to overload that area.

It would be also be nice for Arteta to allow Havertz impact the game from the bench while Trossard starts.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
It just made my decision to defend him last season seems very very foolish because it was this season I really had big hope on seeing the big strides we made last season.

He just scattered everything.

Sometimes, it looks as if all these things are scripted like WWE cos most of these things some coaches deh do no just be common sense or logical
Arteta case is his ego and nothing more, even after the fans outrage about Harvertz after the last match, don’t be suprised if you see that same formation against utd.

My own is if I see Harvertz anywhere in that midfield or Partey at the backline, I’ll postpone watching our matches till further notice cause we’ve not been playing to our players ability since the start of this season.

My Friend(utd fan) was telling Me that Arteta has no excuse anymore considering the quality of players at his disposal and he made that statement cause of the way I defended Teta last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Btw trossard was played out of position too he's a winger not a CF because he excel as a CF last season should also tell you the personnel he played with
Both Havertz and Trossard interchanged that position. The point is that both of them were ineffective.

Also, Zinny is not fit to start. You saw the mistake he made that led to the goal?

As for Gabriel, he cannot overlap so he sits on the bench. If Zinny starts, Gabriel will start which would balance the defence.

With Zinny injury prone, Arteta really needs to sign a LB who can overlap. I don't see the need to loan Tierney at all. That's a stupid and senseless decision.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

This is false and everyone knows this. I can't send pics here again else I would have showed you their heatmaps.

If you think it's easier for a player to make impact off the bench, then make Havertz go the bench first. Simple!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2023
Lush100:
E be like say e go soon reach....@shegz, @idamola and @jodera go book direct flight to uk go beat teta...and threaten that chelsea guy to start playing well.

That Chelsea buy i no understand....

Manu don improve oh....if u no play well no expect anything oh.

See as Newcastle loose bcoz they didn't tale their chances
The thing just tire Me cause we were excusing squad depth for his inability to carry the league but how can you have the squad depth this season and still continue to play players out of their position when you have those playing that position on bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
This is false and everyone knows this. I can't send pics here again else I would have showed you their heatmaps.

If you think it's easier for a player to make impact off the bench, then make Havertz go the bench first. Simple!!
Both Trossard and Havertz interchanged in the position. I saw it several times.

The bolded for me should have been the best way to introduce a new player not just Havertz. Arteta is putting too much trust in him and he is not measuring up especially after we saw how Xhaka played there.

In fact with Partey inverting, the best player to overload the left should be a right footed player like Trossard or ESR same foot with Martinelli. It makes transition easier and faster.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Just leave spy grin grin
Match that I watch or another one? He can’t just accept Harvertz was ineffective in that role
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:
Some of us here have asked that Arteta reverts to the formation he used last season. What they are not asking is if all the players are fit to play.

Last season, Zinny was the inverted FB with Partey and Xhaka in the middle. With the ball, Zinny moves infield while Xhaka advances to AM counter balancing with Odegaard. Then while Partey shields the CBs, White is allowed to overlap so as to create an overload on the right wing. The trio of Odegaard, Saka and White combined effectively to create tons of chances and goals together.

This season, Zinny was injured or not fit, Timber too got injured, so Arteta has to make a decision. Should he play the ineffective 4-3-3 or does he inverts from the right? He chooses the later knowing that Partey was once a RB. The challenge he now has is if he has the players that can create a similar overload on the left whenever Partey inverts. He has Martinelli, Kiwior and Havertz and so missing out on his best players, Odegaard and Saka.

What am I saying? the problem is not that the tactics is not good but that it is not maximising the full strength of the squad. For example, Tierney is leaving if not he would have used Tierney as LB to create the overload on the left wing with Martinelli and Havertz. Also most of us didn't know that Nketiah has an injury scare after the last game. Starting him would complicate things and may even rule him out for long period of time.

The only area I will fault Arteta is that he would have moved Odegaard to the left AM if he wants to overload that area.

It would be also be nice for Arteta to allow Havertz impact the game from the bench while Trossard starts.
Let us don't make false assumptions as if we have players not available this season.

Timber was a right back and can play inverted, Yet Arteta still used Partey as a RB and Timber as a Lb. If he was so insistent on using the RB as inverted, what stops him from benching White and use Timber as the inverted RB while using Tierney or Tomi as normal Lb. Why must he use Partey?

Tomi have been playing Lb even above pecking order of Tierney, why didn't he use Tomi as Inverted Rb role?

And you're saying if Tierney was here. I want to ask, who forced Tierney out?. Imagine a whole Tierney being a 5th choice Lb.

Someone is complicating simple issues and you're using players unavailability as excuse

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

Both Trossard and Havertz interchanged in the position. I saw it several times.

The bolded for me should have been the best way to introduce a new player not just Havertz. Arteta is putting too much trust in him and he is not measuring up especially after we saw how Xhaka played there.

In fact with Partey inverting, the best player to overload the left should be a right footed player like Trossard or ESR same foot with Martinelli. It makes transition easier and faster.

Everyone knows Trossard acts as false 9 and that's how he does so that either attacking midfielders (which Havertz is one of them) or wingers can exploit on that space. He has been doing it since last season (which Xhaka exploited too and scored goals). It's called false 9 for a reason.

Stop making it seem as if it's something unusual that Trossard played that way on Saturday

Also Havertz played attacking midfielder. His heatmap In that game says so
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2023
Shegzdave:

Just leave spy grin grin
Match that I watch or another one? He can’t just accept Harvertz was ineffective in that role
How can Anybody watch that match and say Havertz played 9 while Trossard played 8.
Spy go just deh twist things
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2023
Shegzdave:

Arteta case is his ego and nothing more, even after the fans outrage about Harvertz after the last match, don’t be suprised if you see that same formation against utd.

My own is if I see Harvertz anywhere in that midfield or Partey at the backline, I’ll postpone watching our matches till further notice cause we’ve not been playing to our players ability since the start of this season.

My Friend(utd fan) was telling Me that Arteta has no excuse anymore considering the quality of players at his disposal and he made that statement cause of the way I defended Teta last season
Me I won't be surprised to be honest na why I just deh vex. As I deh like this now, I've opened my mind to see Partey on the bench since Zinny is back. And yes, Arteta is very crazy like that.

Arteta have no excuse this season at all. It's still early days but I'm just hoping that Arteta reverts back to norm before it's too late
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2023
Even Ian Wright that hardly criticize nor question Arsenal/Arteta is asking questions.

For Ian Wright to ask questions, just know say water don pass garri
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
Let us don't make false assumptions as if we have players not available this season.

1. Timber was a right back and can play inverted, Yet Arteta still used Partey as a RB and Timber as a Lb. If he was so insistent on using the RB as inverted, what stops him from benching White and use Timber as the inverted RB while using Tierney or Tomi as normal Lb. Why must he use Partey?

2. Tomi have been playing Lb even above pecking order of Tierney, why didn't he use Tomi as Inverted Rb role?

3. And you're saying if Tierney was here. I want to ask, who forced Tierney out?. Imagine a whole Tierney being a 5th choice Lb.

Someone is complicating simple issues and you're using players unavailability as excuse
1. In all you have asked, the central point is that Tierney is not available. With Zinny out due to lack of fitness, the best player then was Timber. He got injured, second option is Tomi. He got a red card, third option is Kiwior.

2. If he used Tomi as RB that would distort the formation as Tomi cannot invert. I may be wrong because he has not been tried. Do you want Arteta to do another experiment with Tomi as inverted midfielder? I guess not.

3. Tierney is not 5th or any choice. Fact is that he is not available to play. I don't know for whatever reason, I don't know probably he has a beef with Arteta and he wants him out. There's something that we aren't privy to about Tierney and Arteta. Ordinarily, if Arteta is playing Partey as inverted RB/midfielder I expect he uses a LB that is good overlapping and the best we have is Tierney. So I don't know.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
Even Ian Wright that hardly criticize nor question Arsenal/Arteta is asking questions.

It's normal to ask questions when Arsenal does not beat 10man Fulham.

If we won 4-0 with Saka in goalkeeper position, Arteta would be receiving praise and not questions.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
Everyone knows Trossard acts as false 9 and that's how he does so that either attacking midfielders (which Havertz is one of them) or wingers can exploit on that space. He has been doing it since last season (which Xhaka exploited too and scored goals). It's called false 9 for a reason.

Stop making it seem as if it's something unusual that Trossard played that way on Saturday

Also Havertz played attacking midfielder. His heatmap In that game says so
Bring the heat map make I learn from you. grin

A false 9 is also an AM. Robert is the same name as Bobby.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Roland17:

Heartland FC, not Enyimba. Enyimba are my fiercest rivals.
I wonder how them put you for Enyimba 😁
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

1. In all you have asked, the central point is that Tierney is not available. With Zinny out due to lack of fitness, the best player then was Timber. He got injured, second option is Tomi. He got a red card, third option is Kiwior.

2. If he used Tomi as RB that would distort the formation as Tomi cannot invert. I may be wrong because he has not been tried. Do you want Arteta to do another experiment with Tomi as inverted midfielder? I guess not.

3. Tierney is not 5th or any choice. Fact is that he is not available to play. I don't know for whatever reason, I don't know probably he has a beef with Arteta and he wants him out. There's something that we aren't privy to about Tierney and Arteta. Ordinarily, if Arteta is playing Partey as inverted RB/midfielder I expect he uses a LB that is good overlapping and the best we have is Tierney. So I don't know.
1. You said Zinny was unavailable reason why he's using the right hand side for inverted role hence Partey. So I ask, why can't Timber play the Inverted role in the right hand side since he's ordinarily a RB by default?

2. He needs to try it first. It would have been better than this nonsense of removing one of our best Midfielder and shunting him in a completely new position. A Tomi/White playing Inverted role wouldn't have affected the cohesion of the team the way it's doing now

3. Everyone knows Tierney was behind the pecking order of Timber, Zinny, Tomi and Kiwi. Even last season when Tomi and Zinny were unavailable, he still used Kiwi as Lb.
After the community shield and first two EPL matches, everyone knew he'll be gone this season maybe except you. He was too good to be 3rd choice Lb not to talk of 5th

My main annoyance is
1. Benching Gabriel
2. Playing Partey as FB
3. Playing Havertz in midfield

If you know how this three things have destroyed our fluidity, compactness and solidity of the team's structure (even though it's still the same 433), you won't be giving all these excuses
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

It's normal to ask questions when Arsenal does not beat 10man Fulham.

If we won 4-0 with Saka in goalkeeper position, Arteta would be receiving praise and not questions.
Even when we were winning in our first two matches, most people here still didn't praise Arteta.

When you're getting the basics wrong, even the good result won't fool anyone. It's just a matter of when before everything explodes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

Bring the heat map make I learn from you. grin

A false 9 is also an AM. Robert is the same name as Bobby.
Trust me, you know say I for don spam here with Pix but I'm having issues uploading pics here. This one Most.ob do ystdy for be small compared to mine.

Also, false 9 is not AM even though they're similar. But that's not even the point. The point is that Havertz didn't play as Cf on Saturday except you'll say Xhaka played as Cf last season when Trossard was starting.

You know how ridiculous that sounds
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:

Not only Ian, aftv and all admins of arsenal groups that ban People that criticise arteta have all angry now
I still chop blocking from one of them when I reminded the werey how he use to asslick arteta 🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Not only Ian, aftv and all admins of arsenal groups that ban People that criticise arteta have all angry now
I still chop blocking from one of them when I reminded the werey how he use to asslick arteta 🤣🤣
grin grin grin grin

Everybody just dey vex grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
grin grin grin grin

Everybody just dey vex grin
Thunder fire him😡

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
Trust me, you know say I for don spam here with Pix but I'm having issues uploading pics here. This one Most.ob do ystdy for be small compared to mine.

Also, false 9 is not AM even though they're similar. But that's not even the point. The point is that Havertz didn't play as Cf on Saturday except you'll say Xhaka played as Cf last season when Trossard was starting.

You know how ridiculous that sounds
Like I said, I love to learn. If you have a link of the heat map, share it (in Pastor Jerry's voice) grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
Even Neville they use us learn punditry and spy they here they explain without evidence

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12949441/gary-neville-podcast-innovation-not-working-at-arsenal-get-back-to-basics-ahead-of-manchester-united-clash

Honestly arteta is foolish
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:

1. You said Zinny was unavailable reason why he's using the right hand side for inverted role hence Partey. So I ask, why can't Timber play the Inverted role in the right hand side since he's ordinarily a RB by default?

2. He needs to try it first. It would have been better than this nonsense of removing one of our best Midfielder and shunting him in a completely new position. A Tomi/White playing Inverted role wouldn't have affected the cohesion of the team the way it's doing now

3. Everyone knows Tierney was behind the pecking order of Timber, Zinny, Tomi and Kiwi. Even last season when Tomi and Zinny were unavailable, he still used Kiwi as Lb.
After the community shield and first two EPL matches, everyone knew he'll be gone this season maybe except you. He was too good to be 3rd choice Lb not to talk of 5th

My main annoyance is
1. Benching Gabriel
2. Playing Partey as FB
3. Playing Havertz in midfield

If you know how this three things have destroyed our fluidity, compactness and solidity of the team's structure (even though it's still the same 433), you won't be giving all these excuses
Starting with the bolded, it is no news that it affected our fluidity but your inability to accept the possible causes is what is making us argue. If Zinny was fit, I don't think we will be having this discussion. This so called inverted midfielder formation heavily depends on Zinny for us to be at our best.

1. In the Community Shield, Timber played the inverted role while Gabriel was at LB. We saw how he (Gabriel) was limited when overlapping. That's why Timber was used at LB while Partey at inverted midfield against Nott Forest. Currently, Timber is out. So no need for this case.

2. Tomi as an inverted midfielder is a recipe for disaster (even though not tested). It's better to have Partey there who was once a RB himself. Partey as a dual RB/DM is the only option that makes sense after Zinchenko (unfit) and Timber (injured). Any other option is senseless really.

3. Like I said, I don't know why Tierney is not playing especially now that we are inverting on the right. He would have been a perfect overlapping LB. Why we are selling him leaves me baffled to be honest. If Arteta sells him he has to replace him with another attacking LB who can also slot in at LCB. If not, the team will always depend on Zinchenko being fit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
I don't know why Mo.stob keep forgetting this point.

I don't care if Havertz starts as long as it's Cf, just get me my Midfield three of Rice Partey and Odegaard, and our standard back 4 of last season.

At least, if I wan complain, make e be only Havertz. It's tiring complaining at 10 different things at once
Na wa o...I didn't forget any point. Timber and Zinny were unavailable, who was next to play as an inverted FB? Partey. Why? He is familiar with the role. Can he play it effectively as Zinny? No

Timber and Partey starting also buttress my point on the coach's motive being unpredictability. Timber excels more as a CB/FB hybrid..even more than when he inverts. This is why he got the nod ahead of Tomi, Kiwior and Gabriel.

With Zinny and Timber available, I don't think Arteta would play Partey at RB.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
iamoyindamola:
This should be the line up against scummies
Enough of experimenting
City is already running away with 2 points, LFC are not playing around
Spurs is gaining ground
Otoge biko
I still think Nketiah should start if he is fit. Scenes where Havertz starts on Sunday at CF grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) ... (3553) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.