Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2341266 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
Jodera:
Rice have effectively shown he can replace Xhaka with the past two matches I watched. He drives with the ball, he gives good forward passes, he's a very good tackler and good aerially, he's a very good space interpretor. I never missed Xhaka this past two games while watching Rice.

On the other hand, we can't blame Partey. He's not even known to play RB before but he's been forced there (worse still at his old age), how can he learn inverted at that age?

You see how we scored 2 quick fire goals just because we played our almost last season formation? Contrast it to the huffing and puffing we were doing during the past 2 games and first half.

It seems you just don't understand how our fluidity, compactness and solidity is missing with this stupid formation and shuffling of players wrongly.

Even with a red card, I was hoping and praying they don't equalise seeing the personnel on the pitch. God knows I would have gone to sleep with absolute peace of mind if we did that comeback last season even without a red card.
It is too early to say something about Rice and Xhaka. Both have different skillset so I'm really expecting to play in a similar manner to Xhaka.

Partey first played as a RB under Simeone at Atletico Madrid. I think this is why Arteta is trying to play him as the inverted RB.

Of course, we will be better with Zinny inverting because this was the same tactic we have played multiple times. I still don't think this is a stupid formation. Many here want us to be less predictable. Were we not afraid of being found out while playing same tactic over and over again last season? Now that he is trying a reverse formation to that of last season, we dey vex. Our inability to score lies more in the players' bad decision making, sloppy passes and wasted chances.

Arteta is getting all these clapbacks because he is playing Havertz who he thinks suit his tactic. This is illogical to me. I will like him to revert back to the previous formation.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
Come to think of it Jodera, ZINNY HAS BEEN INJURED AND DIDN'T PLAY PRESEASON. I really don't think Arteta deserves so much blame for trying to cope with his absence. Timber who should have stand in sef is injured.

see eh, we just need to calm down ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
Come to think of it Jodera, ZINNY HAS BEEN INJURED AND DIDN'T PLAY PRESEASON. I really don't think Arteta deserves so much blame for trying to cope with his absence. Timber who should have stand in sef is injured.

Come of it
Zinny is not a new signing that need excessive training or preseason
Moreover we have Tierney unless you will tell me kiwi is better than tierney
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
It is too early to say something about Rice and Xhaka. Both have different skillset so I'm really expecting to play in a similar manner to Xhaka.

Partey first played as a RB under Simeone at Atletico Madrid. I think this is why Arteta is trying to play him as the inverted RB.

Of course, we will be better with Zinny inverting because this was the same tactic we have played multiple times. I still don't think this is a stupid formation. Many here want us to be less predictable. Were we not afraid of being found out while playing same tactic over and over again last season? Now that he is trying a reverse formation to that of last season, we dey vex. Our inability to score lies more in the players' bad decision making, sloppy passes and wasted chances.

Arteta is getting all these clapbacks because he is playing Havertz who he thinks suit his tactic. This is illogical to me. I will like him to revert back to the previous formation.
Rice is not an unknown player and it's not as If Rice cant play Cam. Over the past two matches, Rice have been good and knowing the kind of experience he had over the years, there's a high degree that he'll maintain the consistency if not perform better because that's his style of play and skillset.

Right, Partey played Rb under Simeone, same way Xhaka played Lb under Arteta (Few emergency matches). I guess we should have used that to term Xhaka a Lb. Plus, we no wan factor age too shey?

As for the bolded, You think it's strictly because of playing Havertz he's getting all these sticks? If yes, you still haven't gotten the memo.

1... Partey is a boss at DM. Once Partey is at DM, arsenal is at a whole new level. But he shifted Partey away totally from the midfield (and please don't remind me of that inverted nonsense). Because of that, our Midfield lacks that solidity

2... Gabriel, one of Arsenal best defenders last season is firmly on the bench. One-half of our defensive wall last season is on the bench and we're leaving Saliba to suffer everything.

3. Partey at full back. This one naim dey pain me pass. Arteta just killed 2 birds with one stone(weakening Midfield and weakening defence)

4. Havertz in midfield. The less said about this the better.

In effect, he just changed the structure of everything good about Arsenal even if you claimed it's same formation.
Also, I've been crying about this formation since last season except of course you've been missing my post.

Tbh, I for no too vex if he played our formation last season if Rice replaces Xhaka and Havertz starts in cf. You could see my post match talk against Man City when that happened and most of our reactions

All these vex I dey vex(and most people here) is strictly because of these 4 reasons above

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:

Do you know that harvetz scattered our formation and tactics
He's the reason gabu is on bench because he shifted him to midfield so that partey will go to RB and white will play cb
Just 1 person changed 3 solid players positions and guess what the said player is completely useless in the team not like he's our best or second best player

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:

He has Timber to play the Inverted and when he did, no one complained.

Last season, Zinny was injured against Brentford and Fulham and we played with Flat back 4 with Tierney and dominated them. The main reason why we are always dominant is because the core players are always in their positions.

It's just like how Viera replaced Odegaard against Brentford and we still wallop dem 3-0 or Nelson replaced Saka against Nottingham forest(where we won 5-0)

If Saka gets injury, how would you feel instead of just putting Nelson or Trossard, he instead, played Rice as Winger, White as Cm and Odegaard as Dm. How would you feel if that happens?

That's the exact shii that's paining me right now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
Matchday 4 last season, we were supposed to meet Man u and before the match I was so hopeful and optimistic that we'll get something out of that match. Even though we lost, I was so proud of the performance cos we deserved to win

A year later, Same Match day 4, Same Man u and an improved arsenal side with most of our core players available but I'm not hopeful looking forward to the match and person is telling me Arteta no get fault

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2023
And let it be known that the last 3 matches, the opponents we played are real inferior opponents that we should be winning and comfortable before the 70th minute but we're struggling like this.

Let's just wait till we meet teams that will stand up to us man to man in midfield, possession and physicality, Na that time we go know wetin this formation and personnel dey all about.

I no go talk too much again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Everyone who is serious about winning the title or having a strong season to be in contention is playing to the strength of their team. Even Pep has dropped unnecessary tactics that will confuse his team.

But our oversabi, egocentric and stubborn coach who I still insist is average at best is busy experimenting and being stubborn about it’s obvious failures because of course he needs to be right and the smartest person in the room.

Listen, if we choke this season again, this place no go enter me and una for here because I am beyond frustrated at this point. I watched WestHam yesterday and Villa and Newcastle today and I am left wondering why we are struggling if not coaching!

Thank God for AC Milan, otherwise my weekend would have been one of pain and suffering. We had narrow wins in our first 2 games and the same pattern of conceding very early and finishing poorly haunted again because this rubbish tactics and player personnel is not working..

Like Jodera said, early last season, there was some conviction, even in games we had to grind but not this season. This season we look totally out of sorts especially at the back. Our transition play is non existent. I don’t want to go into the specifics of our tactics because many have done good justice to it.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

He's the reason gabu is on bench because he shifted him to midfield so that partey will go to RB and white will play cb
Just 1 person changed 3 solid players positions and guess what the said player is completely useless in the team not like he's our best or second best player
This is My ish with Teta, changing for a player that can’t make impact to the team.
It’s so funny when the fans and other team fans see that Harvertz isn’t bring anything to the team but Teta still change the formation to accommodate an ineffective player

There’s a pass Nelli gave him beside the touch line, he saw Nell about to run and still gave the ball back to him and see that Nelli couldn’t get the ball, instead of making attempt to recover the ball, he didn’t and Nelli had to run back to recover the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
I’m sure Havertz is the reason for this tactics cause if not that the dude was something else in the CF role, he had to try another tactics to accomodate him in the midfield role cause this present formation wasn’t the one we used against City in the Community shield game.

Harvertz is the real game changer sad angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
Liverpool just did a Liverpool .. Champion 🏆 stuff cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
🚨🎙️ Craig Burley on Mikel Arteta & Kai Havertz: “This talk from Arteta is nonsense, There’s another one in the second-half where the crowd got on his back, somebody played a beautiful little ball into him, sixty yards from goal, he had 10 yards to turn because no defender had got tight to him and he passed it back 15 yards and gave it away.

“There is nothing in this Kai Havertz performance or performances that suggest that this player is any different, not one iota from the player who was performing for Chelsea. The only difference is he’s wearing a red shirt.”

“He’s still got no confidence, he’s still not influencing games, he’s still giving the ball away, he’s still not getting in the right positions at the right time. He made one or two good runs in the first-half.”

“But at the moment, there’s a £70 million burning problem in Arteta’s pocket, because, in my opinion, he’s going to have to drop him. Arsenal are a better side without him in the team.”(ESPN via tbr)

Jodera the bolded🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Come of it
Zinny is not a new signing that need excessive training or preseason
Moreover we have Tierney unless you will tell me kiwi is better than tierney
It is not about training or whatever but fitness and the fear of relapse.

Tierney? Even you yourself know he can't play as an inverted FB. The same Tierney you criticize for spamming crosses. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
It is not about training or whatever but fitness and the fear of relapse.

Tierney? Even you yourself know he can't play as an inverted FB. The same Tierney you criticize for spamming crosses. grin
No I am asking if kiwi is better than him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No I am asking if kiwi is better than him
Kiwi is a CB, Tierney is a LB. How do you expect me to compare both? Do they play the same position?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
Kiwi is a CB, Tierney is a LB. How do you expect me to compare both? Do they play the same position?
Exactly
But your coach they play kiwi ahead of him
It's like telling a tailor do make a chair for you because he learnt a little of carpentary
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Exactly
But your coach they play kiwi ahead of him
It's like telling a tailor do make a chair for you because he learnt a little of carpentary
The same way White is starting at RB even though he is a CB. When one FB is inverting, the other FB must be comfortable playing both CB and FB. That is why Gabriel is not starting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Na wa o.... Na Havertz bench Gabu? You know what, wait till Sunday...if Zinny starts, I assure you Gabu will start. Most of us just wan toast Havertz without understanding how the tactic works.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
Na wa o.... Na Havertz bench Gabu? You know what, wait till Sunday...if Zinny starts, I assure you Gabu will start. Most of us just wan toast Havertz without understanding how the tactic works.
The tactics is not working don't you get it
We are struggling
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Arteta said arsenal are 10 times better than last season
Foolish man🤣🤣

Actually he is right. This Arsenal squad we have is 10 times better than this Fulham squad compare to last season.

The only thing Arteta didn't say is that his new tactics is 10x worse than the one he played last season.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

Actually he is right. This Arsenal squad we have is 10 times better than this Fulham squad compare to last season.

The only thing Arteta didn't say is that his new tactics is 10x worse than the one he played last season.
No read the context he continued we should have scored 5 to 6 goals so he's not talking about the squad but his tactics
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The tactics is not working don't you get it
We are struggling
No be the same tactic we used last season? Las Las we go dey alright
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
found this online and I tend to agree with most of the points raised.

POST-MATCH ANALYSIS: How Arteta's tactics cost Arsenal 2 point loss.

A good and excellent performance was expected yesterday but Arteta's tactics cost us points We should have taken it by introducing unprofessional tactics.

- The inverted logic.
Arteta's new philosophy and tactics are the wrong way of managing such a decent player in the Arsenal squad. Arteta tried to bring in a new formation and tactics which were not working from the last 2 games and yet he's not changing it because he got results but now losing them.
Inverting a right-back into a System of players who are good at their position is one of the mistakes he's making. He successfully created an inverted left-back when he played Zinchenko but again tried to invert his RB also leaving the team formation to 3-2-5, a formation used by his boss Pep.

Arsenal players are not as flexible as Manchester City players and by the way, Pep did not invert a Defensive midfielder to a Right-back, he only does invert an RB to a CM if they are attacking. but till now am still finding it difficult to understand what he's (Arteta) trying to do.

- The transfer error.
Arteta is now making a way for Kai Havertz and trying to make him become the good player he thinks he can be, he's trying to dodge blame from the board when he is benched or make him useless in the team. Kai's usage will keep giving a gap in Arsenal midfielders most especially in this inverting method he's trying to implement. Kai is now fooling Mikel Arteta with his work rate.

Kai can't even hold the ball for 3 seconds to build an attack or create a threat to the opposition defender, he releases the ball within a seconds trying to shift the blame out from himself once we lose possession. Arteta is now creating another Pepe situation which will cost the team and the expectation of the fans.

- Substitution decision
Every single game we played this season was when Arteta's substitution decision went against gameplay, The draw at home yesterday was one iconic event to take note of. Gabriel Martinelli is one sub who should have come earlier which would have allowed Trossard in the left wing, We all knew how productive he was in this crucial moment, he can produce and create magic but instead, Mikel decided to take him off and left Martinelli who keep on wasting chances.

Also, we are one goal ahead and an opponent is a man down, Mikel again decides to bring out Ødegaard who should have been creating chances, and locks the opponent in their half but brings in a DM who will keep us in a more defensive position.

Hope he changes his tactic now before we sail too far backward.

#gunnersdon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:

Did we? if he is trying to play same tactics then we played last season, the he is playing our players out of position, either way he has all the blame.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
Did partey play RB last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola... Be like your gaffer is right.

We are ten times better grin grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

Did we? if he is trying to play same tactics then we played last season, the he is playing our players out of position, either way he has all the blame.
All na inverted tactic na. There was outrage when he started using Zinny as an inverted FB too last season. Las Las everything later worked out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Did partey play RB last season
The LB inverted last season sir.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
iamoyindamola... Be like your gaffer is right.

We are ten times better grin grin grin grin
He they play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:
He they play
grin grin grin

Make em mess up first....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
The LB inverted last season sir.
You can’t say we are playing same tactics as last season because some players are playing out of position
Last season only white was played out of position
This season alone partey, kiwi, tomi, timber and even kaikai have all played out of position

(1) (2) (3) ... (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Akinbahm(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.