Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,038 members, 7,866,931 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2365823 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) ... (3553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:

Title Challenging/winning squad but Arteta said No!! embarassed
One disadvantage of this team is its predictability. Most if not all teams go don Sabi our tactic and everything. Well, let's hope it works for long before it casts.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
E go shock you say na Partey go chop bench.

Just wait cheesy
When he no dey craze. If anybody will make way for Havertz, it will be Nketiah.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lush100:
E be like say e go soon reach....@shegz, @idamola and @jodera go book direct flight to uk go beat teta...and threaten that chelsea guy to start playing well.

That Chelsea buy i no understand....

Manu don improve oh....if u no play well no expect anything oh.

See as Newcastle loose bcoz they didn't tale their chances
The bolded is the Koko. Even if we play almighty tactic and still refused to take our chances, we go still lose. Like last match, individual mistakes gifted the opponent two goals. Let's not talk of the missed chances.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

Brilliant take.

Sometimes when someone is trying to explain tactics, some people misunderstand it as defending the coach. No.

You have simply explained what the coach tried to do, whether it worked or not is a different issue. But one thing we cannot deny is that the tactics makes a lot of sense. If it works it would be ingenuity.
Thank you Spy

I really want the tactic to work and I believe it will. Why?

1. We will be unpredictable

2. It will be our plan B incase Zinny started his little injury nonsense

3. Proper utilization of our large squad.

meanwhile, I don't want to believe many don't understand the tactic. The outcry against Arteta is because of Havertz. They felt he is changing tactic in order to accommodate Havertz which is far from truth.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:

1. You said Zinny was unavailable reason why he's using the right hand side for inverted role hence Partey. So I ask, why can't Timber play the Inverted role in the right hand side since he's ordinarily a RB by default?

2. He needs to try it first. It would have been better than this nonsense of removing one of our best Midfielder and shunting him in a completely new position. A Tomi/White playing Inverted role wouldn't have affected the cohesion of the team the way it's doing now

3. Everyone knows Tierney was behind the pecking order of Timber, Zinny, Tomi and Kiwi. Even last season when Tomi and Zinny were unavailable, he still used Kiwi as Lb.
After the community shield and first two EPL matches, everyone knew he'll be gone this season maybe except you. He was too good to be 3rd choice Lb not to talk of 5th

My main annoyance is
1. Benching Gabriel
2. Playing Partey as FB
3. Playing Havertz in midfield

If you know how this three things have destroyed our fluidity, compactness and solidity of the team's structure (even though it's still the same 433), you won't be giving all these excuses
I don't want to believe you're the one that typed this. You're criticizing Arteta for 'experimenting' (in your own words) yet you are suggesting he play Tomi/White as an inverted forward. How did he remove Partey from Midfield abeg? Is the formation not 325? This is turning to something else abeg...

You want him to play Gabriel right? Let me tell you what you're not realizing. If Gabriel should play in Zinny's absence, he would be playing as FB. And I'm sure you will be the first to criticize him for that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
One disadvantage of this team is its predictability. Most if not all teams go don Sabi our tactic and everything. Well, let's hope it works for long before it casts.
I just hope that we won't be unpredictable even confuse ourselves join
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
When he no dey craze. If anybody will make way for Havertz, it will be Nketiah.
Make we dey see cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
I just hope that we won't be unpredictable even confuse ourselves join
No confusion... trust the process the way you trusted it last year... grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
I don't want to believe you're the one that typed this. You're criticizing Arteta for 'experimenting' (in your own words) yet you are suggesting he play Tomi/White as an inverted forward. How did he remove Partey from Midfield abeg? Is the formation not 325? This is turning to something else abeg...

You want him to play Gabriel right? Let me tell you what you're not realizing. If Gabriel should play in Zinny's absence, he would be playing as FB. And I'm sure you will be the first to criticize him for that.
My main point is that in a football team, if you have a winning strategy and you want to experiment, Do that but never touch the SPINE/CORE of the team. Any other thing can be experimented, but never touch the spine, else it'll not be the same again

In this our system, The DM (Partey) is the core in this our 433 formation. It'll be very difficult for anyone in this team to do what he does. It also needs a good partner who can act both defensively and offensively and that's where Rice(just like Xhaka) comes in. Once these two are present, anybody or shuffling happening around them won't affect the team much.

Now you removed him from his main base and start playing him as FB inverted. We all know FB inverted is never and can never give you same result as Dm. Same way we can't say let Zinny play DM because he's playing Inverted role, we go too collect

There's also a reason why I wasn't perturbed when White benched Tomi last season or when Timber was to replace Zinny. As long as the base is set, everything around them can adjust but it'll be difficult if the base/core is tampered with. That's why this team is looking a whole lot different than last season even though it's the same 433 formation.

That's why any iterations that involves not touching Partey or Xhaka/Rice, I no deh too spark. If dem wan experiment, do that with Tomi, White, kiwi or anybody to play that Inverted role but please don't just touch our 2 spine and that's exactly what Arteta did.

The only reason I'm vexing for Gabe benching because las las, White would still be the one to Overlap while Partey would drop at CB (because Partey can't do overlapping runs). Like are you not seeing how this man is making everything complex?

Simple to buy a good RB inverted and all these iterations won't be necessary, instead he's just jumbling and mixing everything up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
If na because of Rb inverted role dey cause all these wahala, shey we for just use Havertz money buy a RB that can play as Zinny does on the left. Then in that case, he'll deputise White and anytime Zinny is not around, he'll play the RB inverted role.

Just this one thing would have stopped all these megedefegede him deh do this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
No confusion... trust the process the way you trusted it last year... grin grin
This process is completed since last season.
Now is the time to enjoy the fruit of the process and he's restarting another process?

What guarantee is there that we won't start cooking another process if this new one is completed?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

Like I said, I love to learn. If you have a link of the heat map, share it (in Pastor Jerry's voice) grin
You can chec sofascore for their heatmaps
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
This process is completed since last season.
Now is the time to enjoy the fruit of the process and he's restarting another process?

What guarantee is there that we won't start cooking another process if this new one is completed?
There has never been a completed process especially where rivalry exists. That said, you can still undergo the same process with different methodologies.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
There has never been a completed process especially where rivalry exists. That said, you can still undergo the same process with different methodologies.
No the rebuilding finished since last year
Our transfer this season is for squad depth to go far
Apart from xhaka which first team or important player did we lose
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
My main point is that in a football team, if you have a winning strategy and you want to experiment, Do that but never touch the SPINE/CORE of the team. Any other thing can be experimented, but never touch the spine, else it'll not be the same again

In this our system, The DM (Partey) is the core in this our 433 formation. It'll be very difficult for anyone in this team to do what he does. It also needs a good partner who can act both defensively and offensively and that's where Rice(just like Xhaka) comes in. Once these two are present, anybody or shuffling happening around them won't affect the team much.

Now you removed him from his main base and start playing him as FB inverted. We all know FB inverted is never and can never give you same result as Dm. Same way we can't say let Zinny play DM because he's playing Inverted role, we go too collect

There's also a reason why I wasn't perturbed when White benched Tomi last season or when Timber was to replace Zinny. As long as the base is set, everything around them can adjust but it'll be difficult if the base/core is tampered with. That's why this team is looking a whole lot different than last season even though it's the same 433 formation.

That's why any iterations that involves not touching Partey or Xhaka/Rice, I no deh too spark. If dem wan experiment, do that with Tomi, White, kiwi or anybody to play that Inverted role but please don't just touch our 2 spine and that's exactly what Arteta did.

The only reason I'm vexing for Gabe benching because las las, White would still be the one to Overlap while Partey would drop at CB (because Partey can't do overlapping runs). Like are you not seeing how this man is making everything complex?

Simple to buy a good RB inverted and all these iterations won't be necessary, instead he's just jumbling and mixing everything up.

Good. Now, what happens when the spines are not available? Have you ever consider the fact that his innovative approaches might be geared towards reducing our dependency on the said spines? BTW, Partey still plays in midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
Haba na?
Which Kain misyarn be this? grin

So what are we trusting if a process is endless?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
Good. Now, what happens when the spines are not available? Have you ever consider the fact that his innovative approaches might be geared towards reducing our dependency on the said spines? BTW, Partey still plays in midfield.
That's the main reason why we should have deputies and squad depth. We shouldn't start another process entirely because of fear of injuries. Abi you no know say time deh go?

As for the bolded, so you're agreeing we're playing with Midfield of 4 as someone claimed in Barca thread shey?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:

You made it look like Gabu has not played many matches in the absence of Zinny before. Na wa o.

So without Zinny, Gabu cannot play? That is a new one. But before Zinny, there was Gabu at Arsenal o.

Make we dey watch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
You can chec sofascore for their heatmaps
For that particular game?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
Thank you Spy

I really want the tactic to work and I believe it will. Why?

1. We will be unpredictable

2. It will be our plan B incase Zinny started his little injury nonsense

3. Proper utilization of our large squad.

meanwhile, I don't want to believe many don't understand the tactic. The outcry against Arteta is because of Havertz. They felt he is changing tactic in order to accommodate Havertz which is far from truth.
There's one thing I will not accept from Havertz critics, and that is that he is a bad player. You can say he doesn't fit in the team or tactics or that he lacks confidence but not that he is not a talented footballer. No way.

For me, the problem with Havertz is the over-trust Arteta has put on him that has placed him under immense pressure to perform. Havertz lack what is called the cutting edge confidence that makes a player change the dynamics of a game. We saw how Vieira came in and affected the game. We saw how Nelson came in against Bournemouth last season. We also have seen Trossard many times like against Man City. These players are not better than Havertz but they showed the kind of confidence and determination to change the game.

Havertz needed to have started from the bench. This would have given him the chance to impact the team first before being saddled with the responsibility of leading attack.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No the rebuilding finished since last year
Our transfer this season is for squad depth to go far
Apart from xhaka which first team or important player did we lose
Yea... I know. By next summer, there will also be some transfers in and out. That's what I mean.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

For that particular game?
Yup...
Every game have each heatmaps for every player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
Haba na?
Which Kain misyarn be this? grin

So what are we trusting if a process is endless?
A process can be at a stationary stage for a period of time bro. There is no completed project. Fine, he has done the rebuilding. Hope you know he will have to do further additions and subtractions as time goes on. That's my point bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
Yea... I know. By next summer, there will also be some transfers in and out. That's what I mean.
ofcourse in and out go always happen so far e no touch our main players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
ObaIgwe1:

You made it look like Gabu has not played many matches in the absence of Zinny before. Na wa o.

So without Zinny, Gabu cannot play? That is a new one. But before Zinny, there was Gabu at Arsenal o.

Make we dey watch.
Did we invert from the left or right? That's the difference. This is just an example of reverse situation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
A process can be at a stationary stage for a period of time bro. There is no completed project. Fine, he has done the rebuilding. Hope you know he will have to do further additions and subtractions as time goes on. That's my point bro.
The rebuilding is the process and that have been completed. Further additions is just to improve the team/squad depth

The stage we are now, we should be talking about consistency not any "trust the process".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
iamoyindamola:
ofcourse in and out go always happen so far e no touch our main players
E go touch everybody bro grin grin

Proper replacement is what matters. No be say he go sell Saliba and buy Mustafi or sell Gabriel and buy Sokratis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spy360:

There's one thing I will not accept from Havertz critics, and that is that he is a bad player. You can say he doesn't fit in the team or tactics or that he lacks confidence but not that he is not a talented footballer. No way.

For me, the problem with Havertz is the over-trust Arteta has put on him that has placed him under immense pressure to perform. Havertz lack what is called the cutting edge confidence that makes a player change the dynamics of a game. We saw how Vieira came in and affected the game. We saw how Nelson came in against Bournemouth last season. We also have seen Trossard many times like against Man City. These players are not better than Havertz but they showed the kind of confidence and determination to change the game.

Havertz needed to have started from the bench. This would have given him the chance to impact the team first before being saddled with the responsibility of leading attack.
Against City, I saw a glimpse of what he can offer the team. That's why I said it on this thread that he needs time. However, one moment against Fulham where he made a useless backpass (you should remember), that was when I wash my hand comot. Be like the guy go need baptism and holy Communion because the thing dey look like village people stuff. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
The rebuilding is the process and that have been completed. Further additions is just to improve the team/squad depth

The stage we are now, we should be talking about consistency not any "trust the process".
grin grin grin All na process na since everything is geared towards a goal. For now, the process is at a stationary stage. A process is always continuous.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Jodera:
That's the main reason why we should have deputies and squad depth. We shouldn't start another process entirely because of fear of injuries. Abi you no know say time deh go?

As for the bolded, so you're agreeing we're playing with Midfield of 4 as someone claimed in Barca thread shey?
It doesn't stop at deputies bro. There must be varieties in tactics. We can't be using different players to play same tactic over and over again and expect to compete. There should be improvisation and innovation. Football is now a game of chess, you need to keep your opponents guessing.

3-2-5...is our formation especially when attacking. Barca dey play 4 defenders and 4 midfielders..thats the difference. The person on that Barca thread no dey watch ball. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
mostob:
Against City, I saw a glimpse of what he can offer the team. That's why I said it on this thread that he needs time. However, one moment against Fulham where he made a useless backpass (you should remember), that was when I wash my hand comot. Be like the guy go need baptism and holy Communion because the thing dey look like village people stuff. grin grin grin

It's a confidence issue usually caused by over expectations. If you recall it happened to Jesus last season when he was struggling for goals. I remember Jodera even finishing the guy and criticising him. Now na him bestie grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:14am On Aug 29, 2023
🚨🎙️ @charles_watts on Gabriel Magalhaes:

“I still have this little hunch that the whole Gabriel [Magalhaes] thing that there’s more to it. There was no indication that this was going to happen during pre-season.

“There was no indication even up to the Community Shield when Gabriel started that this was going to happen.”

“I mean Gabriel didn’t do anything wrong in the Community Shield and that’s why it just makes me think that there’s potential something a little bit more going on when it comes to Gabriel.”

“We know about the interest from Saudi Arabia and all that and Mikel [Arteta] has insistent that it’s not and it’s purely tactical.”

“If it was tactical it’s surely something that would have been worked on during pre-season a lot more than it was.”

“I’m really, really surprised by it. It wasn’t something that I was expecting when the season got underway.”(yt via tbr)

Another angle to the issue but I hope and pray this is not true, that is just some funny experiment from Arteta

(1) (2) (3) ... (3182) (3183) (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) ... (3553) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.