Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,777 members, 7,862,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361284 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

If you didn't watch clips I can't help you because no matter what I say you won't understand.
Oga.... you're the one that should watch clips. How dare you call Fabregas a space controller or whatever? The same Fabregas o. You didn't even mention Ramsey or Rosicky to soften the 'capping'. Maybe you should sort opinion outside and see who need to watch clips.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13
mostob:
Oga.... you're the one that should watch clips. How dare you call Fabregas a space controller or whatever? The same Fabregas o. You didn't even mention Ramsey or Rosicky to soften the 'capping'. Maybe you should sort opinion outside and see who need to watch clips.
If Fabregas a dribbler? Off course not. He is more like a passer but he is also good in interpreting spaces when not with the ball. Go and watch Arsenal Vs Barcelona champions league when we beat them 2-1 at Emirates
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:58pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

Muller invented the word not necessarily the skill. Japa didn't start in 2021, even though the word was invented then to mean leaving the country. Tiki taka didn't start with Pep even though he made it popular.

Muller is an AM or SS. He used the word raumdeuter to explain his role in the team because people were wondering why he was roaming the pitch just as you are wondering why Kai is roaming the pitch.

Whether you want to call it interpreter or not, the idea is to control space.

Oga, he invented the word. Stop clutching at straws

Nobody was a Raumdeuter before him. And if you check it, there was no role like that before him. Stop forcing something just to find leeway for Havertz. No be by force na!!

Space interpreter is different from your so called space controller. Last season I always commend our players(especially Odegaard) for his half-space understanding and interpretation. Xhaka too. Nobody calls them Raumde.uters.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:29pm On Jan 13
Hausa is right

Madrid and Bayern have both system and models that the younger ones have aplenty around them.

The old ones leave and by then the young ones have enough sense to replicate and even leave their mark in the trophy room as well.

This same Arteta killed that and we stood by him aspa 'he knows what he is doing'

He's a learner sha. There's a reason dem Laca and Xhaka weren't sold by emery. Another sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:35pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

If Fabregas a dribbler? Off course not. He is more like a passer but he is also good in interpreting spaces when not with the ball. Go and watch Arsenal Vs Barcelona champions league when we beat them 2-1 at Emirates
1. Do you even understand the meaning of interpreting space?

2. Are you really basing your space controller talk on a single match he played donkey years ago?

3. How does being a good dribbler correlate with space controller or whatever you're saying?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13
daveP:
Hausa is right

Madrid and Bayern have both system and models that the younger ones have aplenty around them.

The old ones leave and by then the young ones have enough sense to replicate and even leave their mark in the trophy room as well.

This same Arteta killed that and we stood by him aspa 'he knows what he is doing'

He's a learner sha. There's a reason dem Laca and Xhaka weren't sold by emery. Another sha
Omo... una like to force arguments o. These models, didn't they start from somewhere? What exactly qualifies Xhaka and Laca as models? Let's assume we didn't have injury issue last season and we went on to win the league, would you have brought up this models issue? So you want us to get stuck with underpar players because they're 'models'? Ok.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:04pm On Jan 13
mostob:
Omo... una like to force arguments o. These models, didn't they start from somewhere? What exactly qualifies Xhaka and Laca as models? Let's assume we didn't have injury issue last season and we went on to win the league, would you have brought up this models issue? So you want us to get stuck with underpar players because they're 'models'? Ok.

You're still admitting his point. Where are they to look up to at emirates? Pls tell me the underpar models, and then also tell me the players that have REPLACED them and OUTPERFORMED then.

Oya!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:28am On Jan 14
Jodera:

Oga, he invented the word. Stop clutching at straws

Nobody was a Raumdeuter before him. And if you check it, there was no role like that before him. Stop forcing something just to find leeway for Havertz. No be by force na!!

Space interpreter is different from your so called space controller. Last season I always commend our players(especially Odegaard) for his half-space understanding and interpretation. Xhaka too. Nobody calls them Raumde.uters.
You are right. He invented the word and not the skill. Guys have been interpreting space since the time of Pele
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:34am On Jan 14
mostob:

1. Do you even understand the meaning of interpreting space?

2. Are you really basing your space controller talk on a single match he played donkey years ago?

3. How does being a good dribbler correlate with space controller or whatever you're saying?

1. Why don't you tell me.

2. No. It has always been his way. Fabregas is a passer plus space interpreter. Do you know that he played as a striker for Barcelona? The reason he was played there is because of that aspect of his talent that makes him a space reader.

3. You usually are one or the other. Mertesacker was not fast but he was an excellent game reader. Unlike Kiscielny who was fast. Wenger combined both. So a good coach looks for both space readers, dribblers, speedsters and passers and combine them in his team. Every player is usually at least one of the four. Some players even evolve during the later end of their careers. A good example is Jay Jay, who was a dribbler but later became a passer (at Bolton) and only dribbled to entertain fans when game was over.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:45am On Jan 14
Wenger was playing youth and fans complained that he was jeopardizing title chance for training kids. We lost many FA cup and league cup opportunities and they joined rivals to call us trophyless.

How time flies...

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:46am On Jan 14
Spy360:
Wenger was playing youth and fans complained that he was jeopardizing title chance for training kids. We lost many FA cup and league cup opportunities and they joined rivals to call us trophyless.

How time flies...

Don’t intentionally choose to misconstrue positions. No one has asked for Arteta to rely on academy products.

I will reiterate that I will entertain an argument that he is refusing to develop and integrate any because he wants to win (which is ridiculous to be honest) but don’t tell me we don’t have prospects.

He is approaching his 5th year and we can not point to one player he has developed and integrated into the first team. I mean a conscious effort to develop the prospect like his predecessors did and other coaches in the EPL are doing. A coach that is entering his 5th year isn’t a rookie anymore.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:49am On Jan 14
Do you know Arteta is the 4th longest tenured coach with their current clubs in the EPL?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:31am On Jan 14
daveP:

You're still admitting his point. Where are they to look up to at emirates? Pls tell me the underpar models, and then also tell me the players that have REPLACED them and OUTPERFORMED then.

Oya!!
I don't subscribe to this model talk abeg. If you're good, you're good. Which model did Mbappe looked up to in his breakout year Monaco? Who are these models you want us to replace abeg?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:38am On Jan 14
mostob:
I don't subscribe to this model talk abeg. If you're good, you're good. Which model did Mbappe looked up to in his breakout year Monaco? Who are these models you want us to replace abeg?

U dey mind them? If Arsenal had won the league last season with Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard , Saliba and Nketiah being the keymen ; will anybody come here and be talking about one yeye model ?

Why did Emery that kept senior men like Auba , Lacazette , etc not win the league or even qualify for champions league ?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14
BlueRayDick:

U dey mind them? If Arsenal had won the league last season with Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard , Saliba and Nketiah being the keymen ; will anybody come here and be talking about one yeye model ?

Why did Emery that kept senior men like Auba , Lacazette , etc not win the league or even qualify for champions league ?
Thank you. Funny thing is Laca and Auba can't even qualify as models.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14
Tomiyasu not in Japan's squad. I thought he is fit already. He is neither on the pitch nor on the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14
Roland17:

Don’t intentionally choose to misconstrue positions. No one has asked for Arteta to rely on academy products.

I will reiterate that I will entertain an argument that he is refusing to develop and integrate any because he wants to win (which is ridiculous to be honest) but don’t tell me we don’t have prospects.

He is approaching his 5th year and we can not point to one player he has developed and integrated into the first team. I mean a conscious effort to develop the prospect like his predecessors did and other coaches in the EPL are doing. A coach that is entering his 5th year isn’t a rookie anymore.
I am not arguing in favour of Arteta (I'd love to see academy players making it). All I am saying is that we complain a lot.

As for developing players, I can argue that Saka and Martinelli developed under Arteta. I agree he wasn't the one who gave them their breakthrough but he certainly will take the credit for their development.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:40pm On Jan 14
Roland17:
Do you know Arteta is the 4th longest tenured coach with their current clubs in the EPL?
That means he is no longer rookie.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14
Arsenal U18s have won all of their last five matches. They’re also currently unbeaten in eight games in all competitions.

Following this great run, Jack Wilshere’s side now sit six points off top of the league, with a game in hand.

Jack Wilshere and the Arsenal youngsters have been smashing it recently. [ Now_Arsenal] #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14
Jodera:
There was a reason I asked you that time how many open play headers have Saka actually scored when you were saying that Saka should leave corner kick duties and compete for headers. grin

As for Jota, he's is their killer!!.

Jota have been out since due to injury and he's just returning. Ask any Liverpool fan, Jota is always a firm favourite to always start when fit.
no truer words than that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14
Una still want osihmeh abi
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14
iamoyindamola:
Una still want osihmeh abi
His missed chances aside, his injury record is why I don't really mention him here. And lately, he has added offside merchant to his CV.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:14am On Jan 15
mostob:
Tomiyasu not in Japan's squad. I thought he is fit already. He is neither on the pitch nor on the bench.
Takehiro Tomiyasu was excluded from the Japan squad which beat Vietnam 4-2 in their opening group stage game of the Asia Cup earlier today.

The good news for Arsenal is that it wasn’t due to injury.

The defender trained individually this week, away from the rest of the Japan squad. He only joined in with full training on Friday for the first time.

Tomiyasu still isn’t 100% match fit after just recovering from a calf injury, and that was the reason he was left out of today’s game.

Japan’s next game in the competition comes against Iraq on Friday with Tomiyasu expected to return to the squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15
This guy troubled Garnacho all through and played the entire field again. Like Tomiyasu. It is the consistency for me.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:37pm On Jan 15
daveP:
This guy troubled Garnacho all through and played the entire field again. Like Tomiyasu. It is the consistency for me.

Both Tottenham's fullbacks are good ballers; Pedro Porro and Udogie.

The way Pedro Porro dey play freekicks and Cornerkicks enh, he looks like a more defensive minded Alexander-Arnold. Like he has all the attacking attributes of Alexander-Arnold and he's also good defensively.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

The way Pedro Porro dey play freekicks and Cornerkicks enh, he looks like a more defensive minded Alexander-Arnold. Like he has all the attacking attributes of Alexander-Arnold and he's also good defensively.
Udogie na confirm player
I don't know why he chose Italy over naija, Italy get good LB ahead of him(Dimarco, Spinazzola)
Porro be like arnold jare,
He no fit hold him line but he's good attacking wise but he's a defender
I don't enjoy defender that don't know their primary duty just like zinny
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:51pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

I'm afraid these guys will make top 5 sha. But definitely not top 3. They've closed up that backline with pacy, energetic and technical guys. I hope we land a player like that for our LB spot. That Pedro ehn.... make i no bash who i wan bash😂😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15
iamoyindamola:

Udogie na confirm player
I don't know why he chose Italy over naija, Italy get good LB ahead of him(Dimarco, Spinazzola)
Make we no lie or steal, this guy is way better than Zinny in defending. He also gat the pace. That's why i compared what he offers to Yasu. Only he's much younger. This guy gave Garnacho big problems all night.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:55pm On Jan 15
iamoyindamola:

Udogie na confirm player

Udogie dey defend pass Zinchecko from what I've seen this season o. Udogie no dey gree even u beat him one-on-one. He's always coming back to disturb u. He dey always put that African power into marking too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

Udogie dey defend pass Zinchecko from what I've seen this season o. Udogie no dey gree even u beat him one-on-one. He's always coming back to disturb u. He dey always put that African power into marking too.
I am talking of porro way rashford they bisect over and over
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:00pm On Jan 15
daveP:

I'm afraid these guys will make top 5 sha. But definitely not top 3. They've closed up that backline with pacy, energetic and technical guys. I hope we land a player like that for our LB spot. That Pedro ehn.... make i no bash who i wan bash😂😂😂

Tottenham may make top 5 sha, They may likely displace Aston Villa if they don't mess themselves up again.

That Pedro Porro ehn, we no get any RB that gives a balance of the performance he gives. Tomiyasu is solid defensively but definitely doesn't have that set piece ability of Pedro Porro.

Timber too is good, but I've not seen him play enough for us to judge him fairly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:01pm On Jan 15
iamoyindamola:

I am talking of porro way rashford they bisect over and over

So because a player was dribbled in one match he automatically becomes a bad player? Good players too have their off days na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.