Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2341064 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:37pm On Jan 13
afrodoc2:

Then your manager has made a critical error and the repercussions are what you are experiencing.

I don’t think a disappearing act like Havertz can play in the same midfield with Odegaard. It will lead to loss of control and that is what is happening now.

You can play one or the other with 2 proper midfielders who are not interested in controlling space. Whatever that means.
We are controlling games. The issue is that attack...too stagnant.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:39pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

There is a tactical flaw this season following the absence of Xhaka and especially Partey which meant less control in midfield. This tactics worked last season but it seems the team have been found out. Hence my call for a tactical change for the rest of the season. I believe the Dubai camp was to correct the tactical mistake. Who knows Kai may come back and overtake KDB in goals and assists in PL history.
Spyyyyy grin grin grin

Well, I trust you to stand and defend yourself.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

Odegaard plays deeper when Zinny is not inverting. That is in a flat 4-3-3. When Zinny is inverting it's a 3-4-3 so that both Odegaard and Kai are in advanced positions.

As for Xhaka, you are correct.
If Zinny inverts, it is 3-2-5. Both 8s stays higher.

If Zinny doesn't invert, it is 4-2-4. Ode drops to partner Rice.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:42pm On Jan 13
Kai Havertz is a useless footballer stealing for a living currently . A bakayoko with German passport grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:47pm On Jan 13
BlueRayDick:
Kai Havertz is a useless footballer stealing for a living currently . A bakayoko with German passport grin
The guy na Ajebutter from childhood.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13
I went through the training pictures just now. Guess what, the pensioner was part of the winning team in training for the umpteenth time. grin grin
This guy carry grace eh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:57pm On Jan 13
mostob:
I went through the training pictures just now. Guess what, the pensioner was part of the winning team in training for the umpteenth time. grin grin
This guy carry grace eh

Soares? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 5:57pm On Jan 13
mostob:
We are controlling games. The issue is that attack...too stagnant.

If one of your midfielders who is meant to help with control and flow was not passing 22 times per game, things would not be stagnant.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13
Who's watching this Newcastle vs City game?

I really want Arsenal to get back our Central Attack game. Oh boi!!! Both teams are pressing to cancel out their strengths (central attack) but they no dey gree for anybody. Kai can't help us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:52pm On Jan 13
afrodoc2:

If one of your midfielders who is meant to help with control and flow was not passing 22 times per game, things would not be stagnant.

Nothing would have changed even without Havertz on the field. We were scoring goals last season with Xhaka in the team because the system was still new. Saka and Martinelli have been underpar recently. Ode will rather tek than play proper football. Jesus doesn't stay inside the box. Havertz is one issue out of many bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:52pm On Jan 13
daveP:

Soares?
Yea

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13
See Isak finish.. If na our players dem go don dey dance skelewu instead of shooting and if dem shoot e go be like say dem wear Timbolo shoot ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13
mostob:
If Zinny inverts, it is 3-2-5. Both 8s stays higher.

If Zinny doesn't invert, it is 4-2-4. Ode drops to partner Rice.
Equally makes sense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:08pm On Jan 13
Roland17:
See Isak finish.. If na our players dem go don dey dance skelewu instead of shooting and if dem shoot e go be like say dem wear Timbolo shoot ball.

Gordon finish come bad pass Isak own 🥹
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13
Leyqute:

Gordon finish come bad pass Isak own 🥹

Imagine Martinelli in that situation, I promise you he would have his head dug to the ground.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:11pm On Jan 13
mostob:
Remove Fabregas here abeg. I'm not disputing your points but Fabregas was more than what you're saying here.
I watched Fabregas on his debut, I watched him in the CL game against Juventus Vs Vieira and I watched him in the CL finals against Barcelona. What we all said then was that he is a one touch midfield controller. He is a great passer no doubt but he could read and control spaces. Please before you reply go and watch these matches I mentioned.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:27pm On Jan 13
Roland17:
Isak na Striker. Chai. See movement asif say na Sanchez or Alexis. Only for Gordon own to kon bad pass hin own.

If you noticed, the speed at which the ball was quickly released is exactly what i want in our setup. All those waiting and allowing them recover is boring. Let us see Runs and pace. Let free kicks come from such runs too. Ederson will be out for at least 6weeks. Looks like Knee. If na this Ortega go keep, then City should forgerrit. Especially if Walker continues to do like say na Winger be him Primary duty.😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13
Roland17:

Imagine Martinelli in that situation, I promise you he would have his head dug to the ground.
Almiron vs Saka too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who is Oscar Bobb?

I'm laughing now because as Oga don do this one, i know Apprentice go wan do hin own now. 😂

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 8:33pm On Jan 13
KDB's up-through ball to Oscar Bob is one of the things we lack in our team. And it's exactly what Odegaard should be doing but likes to stay close to Saka. Like I'd said before, he's our chief influcner in the game, but his influencing is not just enough.
Unfortunately again, Rice lacks those abilities.
That's why I laugh when people talk about that Everton guy.
I'm like, we're looking for players that can take us from point A to B and we're talking about him? Wtf?!

Commentator called it "HallMark of Champions."
At the end of the game, Jon Champion also said, "And the headline of this thrilling game is that Kevin DeBruyne is back."

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13
daveP:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who is Oscar Bobb?

I'm laughing now because as Oga don do this one, i know Apprentice go wan do hin own now. 😂

They will tell us with confidence that we don’t have players worthy of first team action in the entire Hale End!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 8:36pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

An easy way to identify them is that they are one touch ballers in contrast to ball carriers. Lampard, Fabregas, Muller, Nzaghi, Crespo, Trezeguet etc. These days they are hard to find among popular players
I couldn't help but mention how Inzaghi, Muller, Crespo and David Trezeguet are mentioned in the same sentence with Fabregas and Lampard.

Those guys were literally centre forwards.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13
When you have exceptional world class players like KDB and Halland in your team, only then can you dream of UCL and EPL

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 8:39pm On Jan 13
Roland17:

They will tell us with confidence that we don’t have players worthy of first team action in the entire Hale End!
Like I'd said before, if Oscar Bob has ability, it's easier for his game to develop better and more grounded than that of Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Nelson, and even Odegaard, in the long run.

Why?
Healthy system, strong models to learn and model from, and Players that have been there and done that. Not once or twice, but severally.

And this is exactly what our team lacks.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:40pm On Jan 13
mostob:
Nothing would have changed even without Havertz on the field. We were scoring goals last season with Xhaka in the team because the system was still new. Saka and Martinelli have been underpar recently. Ode will rather tek than play proper football. Jesus doesn't stay inside the box. Havertz is one issue out of many bro.
While our striker/attackers are underwhelming this season, I still think an effective Lam would have made our attack more effective than how it's originally is.

Notice how everyone is drifting towards Right(Rice, Saka, Odegaard) and leaving the left? Opponents know that is our strongest point of and even at that we still try to create chances.

But the left is just left for only Martinelli to figure his way out. Zinny will invert in middle and leave him. Havertz will do "space controller/ghosting". and leave him. And you wonder why our LHS is dead. No be say Martinelli na one kind Messi sef.

An effective Lam would have made our two legs to stand up instead of only one leg which we're presently standing on (RHS)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13
Wetin dey even pain me be say Apari needed all 3 points. This wasn’t a dead rubber match, this was a consequential game and despite the deep bench, he goes with his academy player who delivers all 3.

For here, you will have people defending a coach that has not developed or integrated a single academy player in nearly 5 years. Dem go tell us say Hale End no get players.

My blood just got hot again.. calm down Roland.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13
Spy360:

I watched Fabregas on his debut, I watched him in the CL game against Juventus Vs Vieira and I watched him in the CL finals against Barcelona. What we all said then was that he is a one touch midfield controller. He is a great passer no doubt but he could read and control spaces. Please before you reply go and watch these matches I mentioned.
Those players you mentioned, you classified them as space controller. Now, you're saying Fabregas is midfield controller. Isn't that two different things? You still need to come and explain both terms to me.

That side, Fabregas doesn't and never deal with spaces. He is a proper midfielder. Like, man will receive the ball and dictate tempo. He is not the type to be making off the ball runs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:43pm On Jan 13
daveP:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who is Oscar Bobb?

Oscar Bobb have been in their bench since.

Apprentice won't do nada since Dubbery and other academy can't even make bench

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:44pm On Jan 13
Jodera:
This is hardly surprising when you realise that its origins start with a current player — the aforementioned Thomas Müller, who invented the term himself.

He's usually defined as being in the Number 10 slot behind the striker, in a 4-2-3-1 shape...

And lastly, Raum.deuter are known as Space interpretators or investigators and not "space controllers" as you make us to believe

We can see that it's Muller who invented it, yet Spy360 you say examples are Old men crespo, old men Inzaghi and old men Trezeguet. grin

Lastly the other examples given are Callejon and Delle Alli. These are players who played predominantly as SS during their prime in Napoli and Tottenham respectively.

We don't use 4231 so any Rau.mdeuter for Havertz is totally wrong cos we don't use one

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://jobsinfootball.com/blog/raumdeuter-role-explained/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiy5OPsstqDAxWbU0EAHV7ZC1wQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw2L26_PMniWQLyEtZm_pwfB

Here's the link Spy in case you're interested.
Not the one you're describing me Muller saying it's Raumdeuter definition.
Muller invented the word not necessarily the skill. Japa didn't start in 2021, even though the word was invented then to mean leaving the country. Tiki taka didn't start with Pep even though he made it popular.

Muller is an AM or SS. He used the word raumdeuter to explain his role in the team because people were wondering why he was roaming the pitch just as you are wondering why Kai is roaming the pitch.

Whether you want to call it interpreter or not, the idea is to control space.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13
Hausa:
Like I'd said before, if Oscar Bob has ability, it's easier for his game to develop better and more grounded than that of Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Nelson, and even Odegaard, in the long run.

Why?
Healthy system, strong models to learn and model from, and Players that have been there and done that. Not once or twice, but severally.

And this is exactly what our team lacks.

You make some excellent points about systems and having role models especially but it is the same system that helps player develop and grow when given opportunities because of the trust.

We have players rotting away because we have a tunnel visioned coach who doesn’t think outside the box. I don’t think the healthiest version of out team is bad. I have subscriptions and watch Hale End, I know what we have!

We are approaching 5 years now! Nwaneri is suddenly looking stupid for taking that contract and not going to City or United who were eager to have him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13
mostob:
Those players you mentioned, you classified them as space controller. Now, you're saying Fabregas is midfield controller. Isn't that two different things? You still need to come and explain both terms to me.

That side, Fabregas doesn't and never deal with spaces. He is a proper midfielder. Like, man will receive the ball and dictate tempo. He is not the type to be making off the ball runs.
If you didn't watch clips I can't help you because no matter what I say you won't understand.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13
Jodera:
While our striker/attackers are underwhelming this season, I still think an effective Lam would have made our attack more effective than how it's originally is.

Notice how everyone is drifting towards Right(Rice, Saka, Odegaard) and leaving the left? Opponents know that is our strongest point of and even at that we still try to create chances.

But the left is just left for only Martinelli to figure his way out. Zinny will invert in middle and leave him. Havertz will do "space controller/ghosting". and leave him. And you wonder why our LHS is dead. No be say Martinelli na one kind Messi sef.

An effective Lam would have made our two legs to stand up instead of only one leg which we're presently standing on (RHS)
The main purpose of drifting right is to create overload and quickly switch to the other wing. It has nothing to do with weakness.

Havertz may be playing rubbish but you can't blame him for Martinelli's poor performances. Two or three matches this season when Havertz had to come in for injured Ode, Martinelli didn't even turn up. And saka was saka. The last time Trossard played LAM, how was Martinelli's performance? Martinelli has the capability to turn up whether Havertz play or not. We saw that in the UCL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.