Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2345471 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) ... (3542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vischy: 5:39pm On May 13
It seems arsenal are not in good terms with their London neighbors

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:45pm On May 13
Roland17:

Do your research first before swallowing what you see.

January 2022, Arteta spent 1.8M but your graphic is showing 0
Auston Trusty 1.8M

Summer 2022, Arteta spent 131.6 but your graphic is showing 121.5
Jesus 52.2M
Zinchenko 35M
Vieira 35M
Turner 5.9M
Marquinhos 3.5M
The rest were loan returns

Summer 2021, Arteta spent 165.5 but your graphic is saying 156.8

Ben White 58.5M
Odegaard 35.0M
Ramsdale 28.0M
Tomiyasu 18.6M
Lokonga 17.50M
Tavares 8M
Saliba, Mecho (Kolasinac), Torreira and Guen all returned from loan.

Summer 2020, Arteta spent 84M but your graphic is showing 81.5

Use the link below to toggle through the summer and winter transfers.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/arsenal-fc/transfers/verein/11/plus/?saison_id=2023&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=s
I am not an accountant but I have worked with ERP softwares
I know if you buy something for 100 and pay 20
The total of 100 will be recorded in your book for that year and the balance of 80 can be spread across
So when someone say because we are paying installments for rice the 100 shouldn't be added in full is just a joke
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:04pm On May 13
You are not obliged to read, there is an option to skip.

Until your school of thought start to take responsibility and hold Arteta accountable when he falters, I will. If you are indifferent about winning a title or trophies because we should be thankful to Arteta, or because he is competing against Pep, that is you and what you believe, don't force it down the rest of us. If you are content with going trophyless despite outspending Pep and Klopp over the last 2 seasons and 700M, I am not and will raise the issues I have.

Some of us see it differently because while we or should I say 'I" acknowledge the progress, I also pick out the issues, especially when it is now historical with a predictable pattern. Arteta is going into his 5th season but somehow, he continues to be shielded because we should be grateful with the way we lost in the UCL, Europa, FA, EFL and the EPL. I could care less if I am termed a hater, it is nothing new, the club comes before anyone and that includes Arteta. It is also important to note that Arteta has not improved this team in a vacuum, we saw how he struggled with the same team Ebening took to the UEL finals where the gulf in quality was finally exposed. This isn't the case where he is begging for funds or structure.

For the sake of some of you that are recent here, I wish Seun will resurrect some of our old threads from 2010/ 2011 that have been binned when Wenger was celebrating top 4, Spy360 and Oyin are probably (I stand corrected) the other surviving handles that are still here and see where handles are going at Wenger and the club for going trophyless, so no, it is not novel that supporters of Arsenal question our trophyless situation, do your research! I don't need a United or Chelsea fan before I can question the direction of the club. United and Chelsea are in their worst run, they are financially more capable than we are and if they get it right, we are now looking at better competition versus what we have in Newcastle, Villa, City and Spuds for the top 4, not even title, since we should we are forbidden from winning a title because Arteta is competing against Pep.

After last season's bottling, yes, it was an absolute bottle, this same school of thought told us to be grateful, you told us he is a rookie learning on the job, you argued it wasn't a bottle, you told us we are in process and should trust it....But when the players left and joined their National teams, they started admitting they were in control and should have closed it out but here, it is all great and dandy because Arteta is in charge. I am sorry, I don't do toxic positivity and I am not apologetic about it. I will continue to reign on Arteta if it makes anyone uncomfortable or sleepless, so be it, I don't conform to the herd.

The fact of the matter is that once again, we were in control of our destiny but came out flat and lost 2-0 at home to Villa. I can muster a strong performance on the day but if that performance against Villa isn't indicative of our now historical inability to rise to the occasion then I am not sure what is. How about the Porto game that we won on penalties? We were lost in the euphoria of winning that many forgot that was a bad performance on the night which reared it's ugly head against Bayern in the next round.

COYG!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 6:17pm On May 13
AdisaOwala:

The following trophies are the most important to most fans here - more important than the recognized Trophies by relevant football authorities:

1. Finishing runners up to Pep

2. Winning 27 out of 37 league games

3. Finishing with 90+ points in the league

Even though I believe things would be a bit different outside Nairaland, One of the reasonable ones here has summarized the disgusting mentality with the post below, so there is really no need for any more arguments. grin

Lmao, na them sabi Sha. They can embrace mediocrity.. imagine blaming Pep. Which means they will keep blaming him till he leaves.

Atleast fight for other trophies. Snatch 1-or-2 along the way. This is arsenal strongest team ever in the last 20-something years and na so so we tried,we improve excuses 😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:35pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Number 1 problem he has is that he dislikes Pep. I have seen him constantly downplay Pep's achievements when they do their merry-go-round arguments about Pep's acchievement on Chelsea thread.

The fact that he doesn't rate Pep, it's quite expected that he would also transfer the hate to Arteta who happens to be Pep's protege. That should tell u where he's coming from.

U can see most of the points he's been raising since yesterday lacks objectivity. He comes up with the worse case scenario when talking about Arsenal under Arteta
Lol, na him sabi sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:36pm On May 13
mostob:
Apt!

I noticed it yesterday that's why I stopped engaging him. Person wey no Sabi the meaning of 90+ points. grin grin
Na that one weak me ystdy make I no lie. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by WhoDeyHause: 6:39pm On May 13
Jodera:

I swearrr...
Even if 10 people surround am, him know wetin to do.
And the way he cleanly wins the ball is just outstanding.

Na defender wey be 28/30yrs naim get this kind attributes. Guy is so so smooth
Salibobo nwannem. We are coming for you. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:49pm On May 13
Suddenly, Arteta should be criticized for not utilizing Emery squad. Like say no be the dross mostly Emery by give us

Let it be known that Emery should bear his own responsibilities and not Arteta should.

Emery bought his own squad: cry baby Torreira, strong head Guendouzi, Leno, Sokratis, Luiz, Pepe, Ceballos, Liechtensteiner.

Almost a revamped team and we finished 5th and lost Europa League final. The next season we played almost an unrecognisable football and he was heading towards midtable.
Most importantly he lost the dressing room and all arsenal fans have lost hope of ever being competitive.

But Arteta came, used that same Squad to win a trophy. Revamped the team to his own(like Emery), Finished 5th then 2nd while bringing the atmosphere back while competing for the league (with some people terming it "golden generation)

But One should be heralded for Managing a poor squad he assembled and the other should be criticized for turning the team into a quality one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:50pm On May 13
Roland17:
You are not obliged to read, there is an option to skip.

Until your school of thought start to take responsibility and hold Arteta accountable when he falters, I will. If you are indifferent about winning a title or trophies because we should be thankful to Arteta, or because he is competing against Pep, that is you and what you believe, don't force it down the rest of us. If you are content with going trophyless despite outspending Pep and Klopp over the last 2 seasons and 700M, I am not and will raise the issues I have.

Some of us see it differently because while we or should I say 'I" acknowledge the progress, I also pick out the issues, especially when it is now historical with a predictable pattern. Arteta is going into his 5th season but somehow, he continues to be shielded because we should be grateful with the way we lost in the UCL, Europa, FA, EFL and the EPL. I could care less if I am termed a hater, it is nothing new, the club comes before anyone and that includes Arteta. It is also important to note that Arteta has not improved this team in a vacuum, we saw how he struggled with the same team Ebening took to the UEL finals where the gulf in quality was finally exposed. This isn't the case where he is begging for funds or structure.

For the sake of some of you that are recent here, I wish Seun will resurrect some of our old threads from 2010/ 2011 that have been binned when Wenger was celebrating top 4, Spy360 and Oyin are probably (I stand corrected) the other surviving handles that are still here and see where handles are going at Wenger and the club for going trophyless, so no, it is not novel that supporters of Arsenal question our trophyless situation, do your research! I don't need a United or Chelsea fan before I can question the direction of the club. United and Chelsea are in their worst run, they are financially more capable than we are and if they get it right, we are now looking at better competition versus what we have in Newcastle, Villa, City and Spuds for the top 4, not even title, since we should we are forbidden from winning a title because Arteta is competing against Pep.

After last season's bottling, yes, it was an absolute bottle, this same school of thought told us to be grateful, you told us he is a rookie learning on the job, you argued it wasn't a bottle, you told us we are in process and should trust it....But when the players left and joined their National teams, they started admitting they were in control and should have closed it out but here, it is all great and dandy because Arteta is in charge. I am sorry, I don't do toxic positivity and I am not apologetic about it. I will continue to reign on Arteta if it makes anyone uncomfortable or sleepless, so be it, I don't conform to the herd.

The fact of the matter is that once again, we were in control of our destiny but came out flat and lost 2-0 at home to Villa. I can muster a strong performance on the day but if that performance against Villa isn't indicative of our now historical inability to rise to the occasion then I am not sure what is. How about the Porto game that we won on penalties? We were lost in the euphoria of winning that many forgot that was a bad performance on the night which reared it's ugly head against Bayern in the next round.

COYG!

Nice write-up.

What do you suggest we do now?

Describing a problem with an epistle is not enough give us a solution backed by empirical evidence.

I.would prefer a direct solution that is as long as the problem description
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Amigoss: 6:53pm On May 13
Spy360:
If Spurs play their normal attacking game and make sure Maddison makes the first eleven, they will beat or draw Man City.

Man City saving grace has been that teams give them too much respect and are scared of going all out with fear of being trashed.

I saw Nottingham Forest attack City and if not for that mumu Wood, the game would have ended draw.

Lmao,like you didn't do the same at Etihad....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:56pm On May 13
I have a question.

Please what will happen if next season Arsenal decided to bring Pep Gurdiola over to Arsenal and he agrees.

In the next five years, what is likely to be our Position in the table assuming Arteta (God forbid) decided to join ManU or Chelsea ).

Do u think with this squad Pep will still spend some good amount of money?

Secondly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:01pm On May 13
We won Man U but here just felt like say we lost. Why??
Because the standards have improved

We have to go back to just 1 match we lost this year to put the blame on Arteta. ONLY ONE MATCH!!!!. Yeah, he's the Perfect Arteta.

Before and after that time we've been thumping everybody 4 and 5 (bar Man city) but we should crucify Arteta and Sack him because he lost that ONE MATCH against ASTON VILLA.
Ohh, lest I forget, there's a trend!!

The people who spent more than us are struggling, but you guys term it "transition". Maybe we would have been happy like the way you were with Emery if we've been "transitioning" like these clubs with poorly coached team and bad players.

Arteta bought his own team and made them who they are but we should cut his head because he's a bottler.

We'll never see the trend that he's always improving season in season out, na just the one fvck up we go deh focus on

Last season, he's a bottler because we drew 3 matches and lost 2 during the run in
This season he's a bottler because we lost just 1 match.

Next season, maybe he'll be a bottler because we lost our only Matchday 3 of the season!!

Make all of us dey play. Make we dey play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:08pm On May 13
WhoDeyHause:

Salibobo nwannem. We are coming for you. cool
Lmaooo.

You for come when we get Holding and Mustafi. Now door don close grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:12pm On May 13
Vischy:
It seems arsenal are not in good terms with their London neighbors
We and Tottenham na bad enemies. That's understandable and known.

But we and West ham no get beef.

Verdict: I believe it's one person that's running both accounts
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:22pm On May 13
Jodera:
Suddenly, Arteta should be criticized for not utilizing Emery squad. Like say no be the dross mostly Emery by give us

Let it be known that Emery should bear his own responsibilities and not Arteta should.

Emery bought his own squad: cry baby Torreira, strong head Guendouzi, Leno, Sokratis, Luiz, Pepe, Ceballos, Liechtensteiner.

Almost a revamped team and we finished 5th and lost Europa League final. The next season we played almost an unrecognisable football and he was heading towards midtable.
Most importantly he lost the dressing room and all arsenal fans have lost hope of ever being competitive.

But Arteta came, used that same Squad to win a trophy. Revamped the team to his own(like Emery), Finished 5th then 2nd while bringing the atmosphere back while competing for the league (with some people terming it "golden generation)

But One should be heralded for Managing a poor squad he assembled and the other should be criticized for turning the team into a quality one.

Dem never really tell us wetin Arteta do them.

Imagine trying to do revisionism about Good Ebening’s time at Arsenal . Suddenly good Ebening is not as bad as we made him seem during his time with us …. Lmao 😂

I don’t even want to remember how we wail bitterly during Good Ebening’s time with us. How some of we fans deliberately avoid watching Arsenal vs any traditional top 4 team.

Omo! Lapse of time usually make people forget things sha .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:27pm On May 13
Lush100:

Nice write-up.

What do you suggest we do now?

Describing a problem with an epistle is not enough give us a solution backed by empirical evidence.

I.would prefer a direct solution that is as long as the problem description

Thanks and good questions.

Firstly, I think as much as we praise Arteta for the progress, we absolutely have to acknowledge there are glaring issues that are now historical and predictable.

Here is my solution..

I will advice against extending Arteta's current contract which ends in 2025, right now.

Support him in the coming transfer windows until the end of 2025 and then go from there. Let him earn a new and improved contract post 2025 by winning titles/ trophies.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:30pm On May 13
Jodera:

We and Tottenham na bad enemies. That's understandable and known.

But we and West ham no get beef.

Verdict: I believe it's one person that's running both accounts

Tottenham will only be hurting themselves financially if they decide to allow city overrun them thereby missing out on UCL football .

They still stand a chance of qualification if Loserpool whips Villa tonight . They(spurs) will be 4 points behind Villa with one game in hand . They can drag the qualification battle to the last day as well.

I really don’t know if Post-No-Clue will be comfortable losing UCL place because he wants their fans to celebrate Arsenal not winning the league with their aid.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:48pm On May 13
Roland17:

Do your research first before swallowing what you see.

January 2022, Arteta spent 1.8M but your graphic is showing 0
Auston Trusty 1.8M

Summer 2022, Arteta spent 131.6 but your graphic is showing 121.5
Jesus 52.2M
Zinchenko 35M
Vieira 35M
Turner 5.9M
Marquinhos 3.5M
The rest were loan returns

Summer 2021, Arteta spent 165.5 but your graphic is saying 156.8

Ben White 58.5M
Odegaard 35.0M
Ramsdale 28.0M
Tomiyasu 18.6M
Lokonga 17.50M
Tavares 8M
Saliba, Mecho (Kolasinac), Torreira and Guen all returned from loan.

Summer 2020, Arteta spent 84M but your graphic is showing 81.5

Use the link below to toggle through the summer and winter transfers.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/arsenal-fc/transfers/verein/11/plus/?saison_id=2023&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=s
I love informative argument, and what you brought up is really informative. Regardless, you and I know arsenal is on the right path, some of the fees like that of rice and Raya are already recorded in our financial books but are still yet to be paid in full which shows the clubs isn't only good on the pitch but other aspect of management too. Let's not get too bitter after one or two errors, they club knows what they sign up for when they appointed Arteta and he's proving them right for making such decision and backing him up. The transfer market isn't as cheap as it used to be. For one I can understand your stance here more than they others that follow you in shouting up and down. Five years was what Arteta proposed to get us back on track and he did it in his 3rd year, let's give him his flowers and also criticize him when he fails but not outright hating like he's the worst of worse
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:50pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Dem never really tell us wetin Arteta do them.

Imagine trying to do revisionism about Good Ebening’s time at Arsenal . Suddenly good Ebening is not as bad as we made him seem during his time with us …. Lmao 😂

I don’t even want to remember how we wail bitterly during Good Ebening’s time with us. How some of we fans deliberately avoid watching Arsenal vs any traditional top 4 team.

Omo! Lapse of time usually make people forget things sha .

Lol, Time can make even a sinner turn Saint. It just needs to be long enough.

These incessant shots wey Man U dey concede anyhow, I remember say na during Emery I first experience am.

We were that baaaad!!!

But suddenly, him don turn reference point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:52pm On May 13
Roland talks about evening squad that reached the finals of europa, but where did we finish with that squad in the league?, Is it not the same squad that he used to almost send us to relegation before he was sacked?....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:53pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:

Tottenham will only be hurting themselves financially if they decide to allow city overrun them thereby missing out on UCL football .

They still stand a chance of qualification if Loserpool whips Villa tonight . They(spurs) will be 4 points behind Villa with one game in hand . They can drag the qualification battle to the last day as well.

I really don’t know if Post-No-Clue will be comfortable losing UCL place because he wants their fans to celebrate Arsenal not winning the league with their aid.
I don't think the players and coach would want to lose that match cos of their fans. Then they know what's at stake and I understand.

It's just whether Postecogolue can be conservative enough to stop Man City is my fear. The guy team too deh open body
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:56pm On May 13
Jodera:

These incessant shots wey Man U dey concede anyhow, I remember say na during Emery I first experience am.

We were that baaaad!!!

You don see am nah....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:57pm On May 13
Jodera:

I don't think the players and coach would want to lose that match cos of their fans. Then they know what's at stake and I understand.

It's just whether Postecogolue can be conservative enough to stop Man City is my fear. The guy team too deh open body
He has everything to play for, a decent chance of bringing them back to UCL and getting more finances. He will really his best but I doubt if they can make it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 8:04pm On May 13
Emi Martinez don get alert. That’s a weird goal to concede.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:05pm On May 13
germaphobe:

I love informative argument, and what you brought up is really informative. Regardless, you and I know arsenal is on the right path, some of the fees like that of rice and Raya are already recorded in our financial books but are still yet to be paid in full which shows the clubs isn't only good on the pitch but other aspect of management too. Let's not get too bitter after one or two errors, they club knows what they sign up for when they appointed Arteta and he's proving them right for making such decision and backing him up. The transfer market isn't as cheap as it used to be. For one I can understand your stance here more than they others that follow you in shouting up and down. Five years was what Arteta proposed to get us back on track and he did it in his 3rd year, let's give him his flowers and also criticize him when he fails but not outright hating like he's the worst of worse

One of my favorite philosophers is Socrates, because he encourages people to question their truth, especially as times evolve. I love to engage people who are open/ receptive to divergent ideas, especially positions that may be extreme to whatever they believe, it is the only way we can learn. You don't have to believe or accept my side but don't think you should shove your own down my throat because it doesn't conform to your herd.

I have never said Arteta has not improved the team, having issues with aspects of his coaching doesn't mean I don't see his work. Also, for the records and the education of everyone or anyone interested, OUR FINANCES ARE NOT GREAT! WE HAVE DECLARED LOSSES FOR 5 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS AND THAT HAS SIGNIFICANT FFP CONSEQUENCES.

That is why I encourage fans to always learn the finances of the club and not just talk like Arsenal is a backyard mom and pop shop. We are at the peak of our spending in decades under Arteta. We are not promoting and integrating young players from our academy into the first team to offset some of these expenses that are tied to FFP.

I'd also take your post as a subtle admission that Arteta has spent 700M

Thanks for keeping it civil.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:07pm On May 13
Jodera:

We were that baaaad!!!

Omo! We Dey face shots like mad.

Our midfield be like newly renovated third mainland bridge .

Mustafi and Luiz always on duty to press ctrl + spoil at the back🤦‍♂️

We suffered those years sha. Once we face loserpool like this , they will send our midfielders and defenders sprawling on the grass while putting aver of 3-4 goals past our keeper.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:08pm On May 13
Most of the folks against Arteta don't really have a reason for hating him, they just choose to understand our comments however they choose to and not in the direction and logical reason why we give them. Jumping to exaggerate any comments that fuels hate about the man.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:10pm On May 13
germaphobe:
Roland talks about evening squad that reached the finals of europa, but where did we finish with that squad in the league?, Is it not the same squad that he used to almost send us to relegation before he was sacked?....
When Emery faltered all domestic cup competitions and even our top 4 position (at a point we were topping Chelsea with 5-6 points) just to focus on Europa. In fact Chelsea from 5th came up to finish 3rd while we went on to finish 5th (with Tottenham dropping to 4th)
We lost the final 4-1 against same Chelsea. In their words we "bottled" both the league and the Europa League.

Now what is even surprising me is that nobody here, not even one person here called Emery a Bottler heading into the next season or throughout the off season. I mean, if our standards was so so high the way they claim now, Emery would have felt big heat the way they're doing to Arteta now but No, nobody called Emery a Bottler even when we were playing poorly the next season.

I would have been more understanding if they highly criticized Emery the way they're doing to Arteta now. Honestly, I wouldn't have been "attacking" like this. But I fail to understand how Emery who did worse was given leeway but Arteta is been hounded for doing way better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:11pm On May 13
Roland17:

One of my favorite philosophers is Socrates, because he encourages people to question their truth, especially as times evolve. I love to engage people who are open/ receptive to divergent ideas, especially positions that may be extreme to whatever they believe, it is the only way we can learn. You don't have to believe or accept my side but don't think you should shove your own down my throat because it doesn't conform to your herd.

I have never said Arteta has not improved the team, having issues with aspects of his coaching doesn't mean I don't see his work. Also, for the records and the education of everyone or anyone interested, OUR FINANCES ARE NOT GREAT! WE HAVE DECLARED LOSSES FOR 5 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS AND THAT HAS SIGNIFICANT FFP CONSEQUENCES.

That is why I encourage fans to always learn the finances of the club and not just talk like Arsenal is a backyard mom and pop shop. We are at the peak of our spending in decades under Arteta. We are not promoting and integrating young players from our academy into the first team to offset some of these expenses that are tied to FFP.

I'd also take your post as a subtle admission that Arteta has spent 700M

Thanks for keeping it civil.
Which is why they're trying to correct those finance books with the type of deals we're getting. And yes maybe I have accepted the 700m because[b] approximately[/b] it is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:13pm On May 13
Jodera:

When Emery faltered all domestic cup competitions and even our top 4 position (at a point we were topping Chelsea with 5-6 points) just to focus on Europa. In fact Chelsea from 5th came up to finish 3rd while we went on to finish 5th (with Tottenham dropping to 4th)
We lost the final 4-1 against same Chelsea. In their words we "bottled" both the league and the Europa League.

Now what is even surprising me is that nobody here, not even one person here called Emery a Bottler heading into the next season or throughout the off season. I mean, if our standards was so so high the way they claim now, Emery would have felt big heat the way they're doing to Arteta now but No, nobody called Emery a Bottler even when we were playing poorly the next season.

I would have been more understanding if they highly criticized Emery the way they're doing to Arteta now. Honestly, I wouldn't have been "attacking" like this. But I fail to understand how Emery who did worse was given leeway but Arteta is been hounded for doing way better.
What do we even know bruh, we're just Arteta fans that value him over the club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:14pm On May 13
iamoyindamola:

I don't have issues with the boy
I have issue with this pep excuse, it's fvcking annoying
[b]We failed last season, accept it, embrace it [/b]don't come here and tell me ehn we tried pep is this pep is that
I thought we all agreed we fvcked up last season at the brink of the season.

Don’t give up yet
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 8:16pm On May 13
BlueRayDick:
It is no surprise that the two trolls support teams we flogged mercilessly this season grin

We did a double over Man utd and since yesterday their fan no gree rest dey drag Arteta wey be the author and finisher of their team's sorrow.

The e other supports Chelsea whom we scored had scored 5 unreplied goals against before the 70th minute grin

It is indeed true that misery surely loves company.

Two special trophies in the bag

(1) (2) (3) ... (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) (3511) ... (3542) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.