Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332216 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
StarBoard:

Leave the hypocrite jare.
He likes proving he's smart but exposes his idiocy with lousy, village-square analysis type of statements.
The same Arsenal are several points below United on the league table, and have been beaten twice already by United,Conceeding ten goals to the same side he claims they have done better than this season.
Please ignore the ninny.

You are a dimwitted phool - we have done better than Utd in the FA cup and the CL in the 2011/12 season. Go and hug a transformer if it frustrates your cone shaped head. grin

I will continue drumming this fact into your atrophied cerebellum till you can distinguish the difference.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
StarBoard:

Leave the hypocrite jare.
He likes proving he's smart but exposes his idiocy with lousy, village-square analysis type of statements.
The same Arsenal are several points below United on the league table, and have been beaten twice already by United,Conceeding ten goals to the same side he claims they have done better than this season.
Please ignore the ninny.

debsoky is just trying to save a wrecked boat - cut him some slack!

his claim that arsenal went a round further in this competition is valid but i doubt arsenal made more money than united even with that.
united were involved in 2 ties of the competition. against liverpool and against man city.
united would have made more money featuring in those ties than whatever arsenal would have made because of the image rights involved in the number of tv channels the fa would have sold those matches too local/foreign.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
hat will Wenger do or what can he do

Next are
Spuds
Liverpool
AC Milan
Newcastle
Everton

The bumpy ride continues grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tkb417(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2012
coded guy:

hat will Wenger do or what can he do

Next are
Spuds
Liverpool
AC Milan
Newcastle
Everton

The bumpy ride continues grin grin
i hope they dont slide to 9th with these fixtures
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by presido1: 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
You all United fans are wicked, why are you guys kicking a guy that is already on the ground. I hate wicked dudus walahi.
Debosky sorry u hear grin tongue tongue tongue

Where is HNIC (Head Nigah in Charge) hope he is ok where ever he is cos he also tell us to wait till may, now may is some months away and the result is already known.

Duduspace i want to buy some shares, is Barclays still trading? i need to buy now that stock value is too low hoping to make some Benjamin when our young guns reach puberty. grin grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2012
I don't think there's any need to blame a single player today. We just have a crap team. Everything that needs to be said has been said. No point going over it again. I just feel sorry for Wenger especially if at the end of the day, we realise its the board who refused to let him have the money he needs. This is not about going out in all competitions its more about the way we did it, without a fight. sad.

Arsene Wenger said it all last year when he said:

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that"

except that for me, that statement came two years late! Are we still surprised at what's happening on the field of play?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 19, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:23am On Feb 19, 2012
**yawns** is the season over yet ? ? wake me up in pre-season.

Reading Piers Morgan and Frimpong battering each other on twitter. Everyone is frustrated.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:40am On Feb 19, 2012
Fabiansky
Arshavin
Walcott
Rosicky
Chamakh
Park
Ramsey
Squillaci
Djorou

EIGHT underformers getting paid every week! (and its a very generous list cos Benayoun, Arteta and Gervinho are not very effective). The financial success we use to console ourselves can definitely be improved on by actually making more effective use of wages bn paid.
I have never bn a sack-wenger advocate, but he sure could do better than keeping JD, SS and co.
Wenger must be mentally challenged to have offered DJ a contract extension.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 7:08am On Feb 19, 2012
dipo+:

Fabiansky
Arshavin
Walcott
Rosicky
Chamakh
Park
Ramsey
Squillaci
Djorou

EIGHT underformers getting paid every week! (and its a very generous list cos Benayoun, Arteta and Gervinho are not very effective). The financial success we use to console ourselves can definitely be improved on by actually making more effective use of wages bn paid.
I have never bn a sack-wenger advocate, but he sure could do better than keeping JD, SS and co.
Wenger must be mentally challenged to have offered DJ a contract extension.

I finally gave up on him after that.

. . . . . . . looks like you missed out Almunia
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by v3: 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2012
Where do i start from? Who do i blame?
An owner who doesn't attend arsenal games? A board who are less concerned with the happenings on the pitch and are only interested in the financial side of things?

I take it Park is some supermodel, the Face of Arsenal in Asia. . .

Omo, to discuss Arsenal matter na long thing these days.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2012
@proudly

Can you conclusively say it's the board stopping him from spending?

Gazidis says all fund generated are available for him to spend so who do we believe?

This is one of the fundamental problems at the club. No one knows the true state of things.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2012
debosky:

@proudly

Can you conclusively say it's the board stopping him from spending?

Gazidis says all fund generated are available for him to spend so who do we believe?

This is one of the fundamental problems at the club. No one knows the true state of things.
Im with you on this. I don't know the true state of things. In fact, Im waiting earnestly for AW's book when he leaves Arsenal grin
But whichever way we look at it, if the board isn't satisfied with the way Arsene's running things, I believe they would have done something and if its Arsene who isn't satisfied, I also believe he would have at least voiced out after all its his name Sunderland fans were singing 'you're gonna be sacked in the morning' to.
I think like someone said, its a case of a board that is keen on saving as much money as possible working with a coach that is happy with that plan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 12:56am On Feb 20, 2012
Na wa o.
Arsenal = Kwara United
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ proudly

They are both complicit - like I told Dudu who keeps 'praising' the board for managing Arsenal in a sustainable way, the board in place now (except for figureheads with no power) has executive directors that have nothing to do with the history of Arsenal football club or it's previous successes.

They seem to be operating on a simple principle - as long as Arsene delivers a profit each year (as he has said himself) he is immune from any challenge or sack.

For a CEO to be unable to say what conditions may lead to the sack of Arsene says it all - Gazidis could not come up with anything. He had to cowardly say that Arsene is accountable to the fans.

The manager himself is to blame for a lot of things - if he made genuine demands from this weak board, they would agree to it because they cannot imagine a club without Arsene.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
can anyone, with a true sense of equity, actually stand up and say categorically that the reason arsenal play so badly, and become worse year in year out is MONEY?

lets be honest, forget charlatans like dudu and his highfalutin economic magic.

TRUE, the squad could be better. BUT  is it money that made arsenal go to san siro and make an average pedestrian milan team look like barcelona in disguise?  is it a lack of money that made arsenal play like pregnant women at sunderland?

is it because of money that arsenal lost the carling cup final to a soon to be relegated side?

is it money that made arsenal lose 8-2 to man utd

is money the reason why Tottenham have suddenly become a big mountain to climb for arsenal for 3 years running?

was it money that made arsenal lose the champions league final in france?

is it money?

over the last five years there has been a constant change in the playing squad, good or bad, is left for u to judge.
players get chewed up, maligned, and disgraced.  there are always comic figures on the pitch guaranteed to lose the game with no help

the decent ones always get sold.

heck, even the board has changed drastically. the chaps running it now were not there 3 years ago!!

BUT THERE IS ONE CONSTANT!  MONSIEUR WENGER.

im not hanging him out to be a scape goat, BUT when it was going fine, nobody was hailing any board anywhere for spending money yanfu yanfu.  heck the man even acquired a title all by himself, Le Prof!!

but now its gone tits up, FOR 7 YEARS!!!! given also the fact that this fellow is ENTIRELY responsible for every member of the squad, even the ball boys.

is it out of place to ask searching questions of this fellow called wenger?

color me bad but is it not more prudent to get out now before the fans start throwing tomatoes and rotten eggs at him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
At least Arsenal just won the U-14 National Indoor Tournament . . . not bad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
@4ller and debo

What do you guys realistically think is the way forward? As it is, I think if the board maintain their no spending policy, then it will suicidal for us to sack AW (suicidal in the sense that we'll probably drop down to midtable level and who knows where to from there?).

In some ways again, we also need to lay the blame on some of his players. Like 4ller rightly pointed out, many players on the field in Milan showed zero effort, zero passion.

At this point, we can only pray Chelsea keeps AVB till end of the season. Expecting our own fortune to improve may only cause heartache. We've got tough fixtures in the following weeks which may decide our season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
chamotex:

At least Arsenal just won the U-14 National Indoor Tournament . . . not bad
You want dudu to start with his 'the future is bright' epistle again? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by olodo(m): 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
where do i start from,  when i saw the game in San siro i said it here, that it will be a miracle to get past sunderland and that we should focus on the 4th place.
let me Re-echo coded guy What will Wenger do or what can he do

Next are
Spuds
Liverpool
AC Milan
Newcastle
Everton

The bumpy ride continues
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Where do we go from here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ 4uller the problem is DEFINITELY money.

Yes Wenger might appear to be losing his touch, but I don’t think any other manager bar Sir Alex can get as much out of the bunch of players we have at the moment. Wenger has flaws but was not crazy when he said losing Nasri and Cesc would make us unable to compete.

Clubs attempt to improve their squads year on year, to my mind we’ve only strengthened our squad year on year once or twice in 7 years. You can’t do that and expect success.

@ proudly

The way forward really depends on Stan and Arsene. If Stan is placing limits on Wenger’s spending, then things can only change in two ways - a fan revolt or Arsene threatening to walk if he’s not allowed to spend more.

If Arsene is content to work with spare change and have complete control in exchange for a profit, he will continue defending his lads and not speaking about the goings on behind the scenes, while we continue losing top talent.

The issue is really money - if Wenger is the one refusing to spend then he must be told to spend or he must go. If the board (read Kroenke) is content with making some profit and don’t mind keeping us in decline then the fans must affect that bottomline (or at least threaten it) to force them to change.

Secondary to money is setting footballing targets - set Wenger targets that make winning a trophy, ANY trophy every 3 years and qualifying for the CL a minimum requirement for every season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
@DK yes that is Tokunbo Akanni for you oh. I personally witnessed Tokunbo beat four people simultaneously playing blind, true story!!!!! shocked shocked

Meanwhile on to other things. . . . .wait oh, I wanted to comment on somethin . . . . .I keep forgetting . . . . .something about Alserna or something that sounds like that. grin grin

If Arsenal kill you with hpertension while you are young, at least you will be forver young -______- tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kenkruse: 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
Delusional statements here and there, what a defeat can cause. sad We have got more Piers Morgan in this thread. Surprise to note that debo is in. Things cant go your way every time, only the strong can survive. More accusing fingers on Dudu. It's a shame, REALLY!

Everybody is singing 7 years without a trophy as if it is all that matters. I started supporting Arsenal within this years of trophyless seasons. Not that i dont like glory but i enjoy myself watching Arsenal play beautiful football. SURELY, trophy will come but we have to show solidality to this team and manager at this trying time. No team is destined to win a trophy. Players are not only motivated by money, but passion from fans.Ask Samir Nasri, he will tell you that he left because Arsenal fans lack passion. Win a game and everybody will be happy, at defeat, they call for Wengers head and criticise all the players. Again, it is a shame.

Well for me, I will continue supporting this team and manager until, trophy wining clubs start sharing money to their fan. RUBBISH!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
kenkruse:

Delusional statements here and there, what a defeat can cause. sad We have got more Piers Morgan in this thread. Surprise to note that debo is in. Things cant go your way every time, only the strong can survive. More accusing fingers on Dudu. It's a shame, REALLY!

Everybody is singing 7 years without a trophy as if it is all that matters. I started supporting Arsenal within this years of trophyless seasons. Not that i dont like glory but i enjoy myself watching Arsenal play beautiful football. SURELY, trophy will come but we have to show solidality to this team and manager at this trying time. No team is destined to win a trophy. Players are not only motivated by money, but passion from fans.Ask Samir Nasri, he will tell you that he left because Arsenal fans lack passion. Win a game and everybody will be happy, at defeat, they call for Wengers head and criticise all the players. Again, it is a shame.

Well for me, I will continue supporting this team and manager until, trophy wining clubs start sharing money to their fan. RUBBISH!
Good talk!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
kenkruse:

Re-read my posts - I am not singing 7 years without a trophy. My grouse is very clear. Arsenal FC has to be placed in a position to compete for trophies in a way that does not threaten its existence - that is the purpose of Arsenal FC and that is what the fans want. If we have the ability to do that but are not doing so, questions need to be asked.

Supporting Arsenal is not a matter of blind loyalty, but looking at things rationally. There are serious issues at this club at the moment and if they are not addressed, we risk tipping the club into a period of drastic decline that will make the so called 7 years without a trophy look like heaven.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbulela: 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
Is Theo Walcott actually angling for 85k a week for a new contract?
Is that signalling the end of the world as we know it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
debosky:

@ 4uller the problem is DEFINITELY money.

Yes Wenger might appear to be losing his touch, but I don’t think any other manager bar Sir Alex can get as much out of the bunch of players we have at the moment. Wenger has flaws but was not crazy when he said losing Nasri and Cesc would make us unable to compete.

Clubs attempt to improve their squads year on year, to my mind we’ve only strengthened our squad year on year once or twice in 7 years. You can’t do that and expect success.

i don't believe money is the reason arsenal are where they are @ the moment. . . .wenger still spent £53m in the summer.
my arithmetic tells me he could have brought in demba ba, brad friedel, ryan shawcross, scott parker, robert huth, scott sinclair, ben arfa, yohan cabaye, cheihk tiote, etc in the last 12 months.

no one is asking wenger to spend £300m like man city - but he has obviously misspent the little he's got.
it's a travesty that alan pardew buys quality french players than arsene wenger these days. what is wrong with le prof?
money wasn't the reason arsenal lost to birmingam in the cup final last year. had arsenal won that trophy, the pressure on the players would have eased.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:
i don't believe money is the reason arsenal are where they are @ the moment. . . .wenger still spent £53m in the summer.

And received how much from player sales? It's all relative!

coogar:
no one is asking wenger to spend £300m like man city - but he has obviously misspent the little he's got.

If Wenger has really been misspending the "little" he's got, Arsenal woulda been relegated a long time ago!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
ritchboy:

If Wenger has really been misspending the "little" he's got, Arsenal woulda been relegated a long time ago!

stoke fc have not relegated - why should arsenal relegate?
arsenal don't play more beautiful football than swansea fc whose budget is thinner than a shoe-string and yet swansea ain't in relegation.
this issue of money has been overplayed - it's starting to disgust me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
How did Wenger manage to misspend LITTLE, lose some of his best players, yet remain in the top four? The EPL must be shit then!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

my arithmetic tells me he could have brought in demba ba, brad friedel, ryan shawcross, scott parker, robert huth, scott sinclair, ben arfa, yohan cabaye, cheihk tiote, etc in the last 12 months.

it's a travesty that alan pardew buys quality french players than arsene wenger these days. what is wrong with le prof?
money wasn't the reason arsenal lost to birmingam in the cup final last year. had arsenal won that trophy, the pressure on the players would have eased.

Now Sharon is taking the piss.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

Yeah, and how is Ben Arfa better than Gervinho? What has Cheik Tiote done that Song has not done? What exactly has Cabaye done for Newcastle? What are his goals/assists stats compared with Arteta?

Is Friedel better than Sczezney or just benefiting from a settled defence playing in front of him game after game?

Of that lot the only ones that merit discussion are Demba Ba and maybe Parker. The others are shyte.

Any phool can assemble a list of players from 100 clubs and say Wenger could've bought them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.