Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2339719 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (3531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 7:13am On Feb 29, 2012
^^
He would be a great addition for us i reckon, but its also as likely that he is a replacement for RvP and not exactly an addition.
The richer clubs will easily part with 25M for RvP's services and if we get Podo for around half that amount, I trust Wenger will let go RvP.
Hoping we acquire that game-changing midfield marshal we have missed all season.
Make Wenger just buy Eriksen from Ajax bone all these Gotze/Hazard paparazzi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 8:04am On Feb 29, 2012
God forbid we buy Podolski . . .

that guy is going to be a FAT FLOP!!!

We dont need a German Torres!

what we need is a tall, black and strong striker that will complement RVP's efforts as he wont score 30 goals every season . . .we need to prepare for life with and after RVP . . .

I remember telling you all here that Arshavin would flop badly . . .what happened? the ediot is even claiming that he was never wanted at Arsenal . . .Ode Oshi grin

I remember telling you all that Chamakh will flop badly . . .what did we have? zero result! very insipid performances!

I once said that our major problem is attack and some here said that since we had Chamoru we were covered . .I wonder where would have been on the log if RVP hadnt been doing the scoring?

Make I gloat small : IS ANYONE STILL IN DOUBT AS TO WHY I SAY SONG IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER IN ARSENAL . . .HE PLAYS WELL, WE WIN WELL, HE PLAYS LIKE A LOSER, WE LOSE STRAIGHT UP . . .ANY DOUBTERS?

Are we preparing for a backup for him sometime soon?

I remember also telling you all that we will decimate the freaking Yids and that my boy ADE will score . . .even if na penayiti . . .my boy still score and we went on to win . . .

I GO OPEN CHURCH SOON . . .

Who wants to be my treasurer?

DEBOSKY? PROUDLY? DUDUSPACE? COOGAR? DAYOKANU? MUKINA? LOYIKA?
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 1:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
Podolski coming to arsenal seems to be the best news i have heard about signings in a long time. Wont say much but some lethal striking combo could be in the making at the Emirates very soon, Still on the Theo matter, the Lad can be a world clas player with pace he has but he needs to mature mentally and consistently. He is that kinda player I would want to play with, week in week out but he needs to show more beleif and intelligent decisions especially in the final third.

Its been long since TH14 that we have had a player who can make that quick 5m dash in less than seconds(These are very dangerous players, eg messi, Ronaldo da lima) Not raising my hopes on him being better with his back to the goal as that is purely a genius type of gift which very few players posses, but he can still take advantage of his speed when he is facing the goal. Still savoring the victory but then again in just a couple of days, we will be at Anfield and i hope its an even more spirited Arsenal side that turns up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
Dr Kit back to gloat cheesy

I agree with you in having a big strong African ox in attack - I personally called for Wenger to sign Demba Ba in the summer before everyone started creaming themselves over his talent.

As far as I’m concerned, no Arsenal fan should believe ANY rumour regarding transfers at the moment. Arsenal is simply trying to dupe fans into signing up for season tickets and they know a rumour of signings is enough to convince some folk to cough up the cash.

Last season it was about making Hazard’s ‘dream’ come true - what happened in the end? Nothing.

I don’t trust the management of Arsenal one bit at the moment - they are duplicitous and not transparent in the least. If they actually sign someone then it will be worth talking about, but not rumours.

I personally refuse to discuss any transfers till the summer and even then only when we’ve gotten confirmation that Arsenal has actually made a bid.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 3:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
For anyone who wants a clear picture of our finances, I'd suggest the swiss rambler's recent post, I think its more objective than earlier ones. There are points of accuracy I'd dispute like the so called renegotiation of deals by chelsea but his writing creates a better picture of things than I could.

For those who can't be bothered, the summary is to expect more of the same in the transfer market until our commercial income can get a major boost in 2014 with the renegotiation of our major commercial deals in which we are currently losing up to 40m per annum compared to rivals due to the frontloading ofcontracts to fund the construction of the emirates as I'd previously pointed out to Debo.

By my estimates, we are about 5m richer in cash than we were at this stage last season, and in terms of creditor/debtor analysis of receivables within the year, we should be expecting a surplus of 11m, coupled with the fact that we usually get more cash in the 2nd half of the year due to PL and UCL payments I'd say we should have between 20 and 30m for investment into playing staff at the end of the season, but remember, RVP's new conract will also come from this. If we're able to offload the likes of Arshavin and Bendtner, I see no reason why we can't get Podolski and a 15 to 20m MF provided we can get Podolski for under 15m.

In the interim, it is very important but not absolutely critical to finances to ensure continuous UCL participation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:11pm On Feb 29, 2012
duduspace:

For anyone who wants a clear picture of our finances, I'd suggest the swiss rambler's recent post, I think its more objective than earlier ones. There are points of accuracy I'd dispute like the[b] so called renegotiation of deals by chelsea[/b] but his writing creates a better picture of things than I could.

Why won't you dispute that with your slavish agreement with foolish decision making by the current board in hope of getting some dividend/share price appreciation?

we are currently losing up to 40m per annum compared to rivals due to the frontloading ofcontracts to fund the construction of the emirates.

The Nike deal was due to expire this year and didn't have to be extended and we could've started getting an extra £15-20m NOW by signing a new deal. This particular decision has nothing to do with frontloading but is sheer stupidity by the board.

Like I said, the board is largely made up of duplicitous two faced liars. Listen to Gazidis:

“We deliberately kept some powder dry… There are funds available to invest in a significant way in January and next summer.”

January has come and gone, and the only 'significant' investment was paying TH14's wage for a few weeks. The summer will come again and if we don't sell any big players, don't expect any purchases of note.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
Funny quote:

There are clearly issues with Arsenal’s equitable wage structure, which means that the best players like Robin Van Persie are not particularly well remunerated (by modern standards), while fringe players like Abou Diaby, Marouane Chamakh and Manuel Almunia are handsomely rewarded for their efforts. This was epitomised recently by Johan Djourou’s new £50,000 a week contract, which seemed more in recognition of his frequent interviews with Arsenal.com than his defensive ability.

grin grin grin

If we are still giving duds like Djourou improved contracts it shows that the lessons have really not been learned about wasting of wages.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
Its really scandalous that DjorouKanu earns $50k per week, leaves me wondering how much a certain Koscielny earns.
As an aside, among Hannie's predictions is that Koscielny won't come good. Fast forward 2010–11,  Arsenal fans voted Laurent Koscielny as Arsène Wenger’s most effective signing and everyone is now seeing what talent we have in him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 10:09pm On Feb 29, 2012
debosky:

Why won't you dispute that with your slavish agreement with foolish decision making by the current board in hope of getting some dividend/share price appreciation?

On the contrary, I dispute it cos I'm not a dunce who accepts false statements as fact only cos they support my position when all the other evidence indicates otherwise.  grin

debosky:

The Nike deal was due to expire this year and didn't have to be extended and we could've started getting an extra £15-20m NOW by signing a new deal. This particular decision has nothing to do with frontloading but is sheer stupidity by the board.

You obviously know nothing about contract law or are choosing to sound like a deaf mute on the subject. Nike had an option built into the original agreement which they chose to activate. Do you really think the board would negotiate a new deal for 8m when Tottenham is negotiating one for 12 and Liverpool for over 20m?

debosky:

Like I said, the board is largely made up of duplicitous two faced liars. Listen to Gazidis:

[i]“We deliberately kept some powder dry… There are funds available to invest in a significant way in January and [b]next summer.”[/[/b]i]

January has come and gone, and the only 'significant' investment was paying TH14's wage for a few weeks. The summer will come again and if we don't sell any big players, don't expect any purchases of note.

Not to sound like Gazidis advocate and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the man who invented English should be well aware that the portion in bold is yet to pass aint it so?  grin
If summer passes and nothing happens, I'll be the first to acknowledge that you were right.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 10:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
The Dutch coach was wise, I was prepared to go to Wembley with a gun if RVP had come out for the 2nd half of this match.  grin

Doki, which kinda ethnic discrimination u and Debo dey perpetuate so? Emile Heskey is also a tall, black strong striker and so is Carlton Cole. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Are you minding Dudu?

The boy is blind to anything that doesn't support his view.

In contract law, what you have is right of first refusal - the intelligent thing would've been for the board to negotiate a higher deal with someone else and then approach Nike saying they should match the existing offer. That's how you maximise your revenue. However the daft board didn't even assess the market before meekly signing away 15m by tamely signing on with Nike.

@ dipo

Apparently koscielny also earns 50k.

http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/arsenal-truth/2012/2/23/arsenals-130m-wage-bill-exposed.html
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 12:47am On Mar 01, 2012
dipo+:

Its really scandalous that DjorouKanu earns $50k per week, leaves me wondering how much a certain Koscielny earns.
As an aside, among Hannie's predictions is that Koscielny won't come good. Fast forward 2010–11,  Arsenal fans voted Laurent Koscielny as Arsène Wenger’s most effective signing and everyone is now seeing what talent we have in him

I never predicted Kosileyin wasnt going to come good . . .there is a difference between prediction and assertion (before I saw him play, I never pre-judged him). . .from my own point of view Kosileyin is only good enough for people like you who have gotten used to the drop in standard of the Arsenal team . . .Kosileyin isnt in the class of defenders that can be taken serious from the outside of the lower rungs of the EPL, marking out Messi is the greatest achievement of his, which coincidentally is Danny Shittu's too . . .I can mention 20 defenders that are better than Kosileyin without batting an eyelid !!! SHAME ON THE POOR STANDARDS THAT HAVE ENGULFED ARSENAL FC! embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:11am On Mar 01, 2012
^
Kos is good enough for ANY first team. The fact that you don't rate him doesn't make him any less good.
We know the usual suspects whose presence have signified a drop in standards at Arsenal but Kos is certainly NOT one of them. Bar Vidic, Kompany and maybe TV5 there is only a realistic few CBs that have any braggings rights over Kos so your list of 20 defenders isn't reasonable.
Gibbs, TV5, Kos and Sagna is nearly as good as any defence in England.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2012
Moodie:

^^^^ the quote read January and [/b]Summer. Since you are stressing on grammatical correctness, you should know there is a difference between ''[b]and'' & ''or''

Well, this is English and not Mathematics, the time periods linked together by the use of the conjunction 'and' can be taken either as different discrete entities or as one long continuous period punctuated by the intervening 'season' period in which as you obviously know, no transfers can be made. I think a less mischievious person who is also an excellent connoisseur of the language in question like your self would rather seek for clarity in the statement or wait for either of both interpretations to pass before jumping to irrational conclusions.  tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2012
debosky:

Are you minding Dudu?

The boy is blind to anything that doesn't support his view.

In contract law, what you have is right of first refusal - the intelligent thing would've been for the board to negotiate a higher deal with someone else and then approach Nike saying they should match the existing offer. That's how you maximise your revenue. However the daft board didn't even assess the market before meekly signing away 15m by tamely signing on with Nike.

True analysis of the right of first refusal as different from the right of first offer which would give us a way out, in this instance they have clearly chosen to exercise their right not to refuse.  grin

How exactly do you know that the above was not done?

To show you that Nike has previous history with issues like this involving options to extend contracts, just see their case against Rosicky and Puma in 2007 here:

http://www.5rb.com/case/Nike-European-Operations-Netherlands-BV-v-Rosicky

If I'm not mistaken, Nike owned up to the fact that they were ripping us off and their justification was that we did profit by the initial front loading which looked wise at the time and did help us get the emirates.
Infact, did we even need to prove anything to them? are they not the same people paying Manure almost 3 times what they are paying us? The values of deals aren't exactly secret and everyone knows what the prevailing rates are. We were at their mercy and they chose not to show any mercy.

That is exactly why I said there was a difference between our deal and Chelsea's which allowed them get out of their deal with Umbro (with a penalty of a 25m fine which they had to pay by the way). We got most of our money upfront to pay for the emirates but they didn't as they had no major capex needs to necessitate tying themselves into such a deal.
Arsenal forcing a way out of the deal would be like a Government refusing to pay its bond creditors just because it was issued by an initial government or Rangers arguing that their 3 year pre-sold season tickets are no longer valid and asking those who have already paid for them to pay more cos they were sold by a previous board and general ticket prices have risen in the interim across the SPL. I'd like to see you argue that in any court.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2012
duduspace:

True analysis of the right of first refusal as different from the right of first offer which would give us a way out, in this instance they have clearly chosen to exercise their right not to refuse.  grin

How exactly do you know that the above was not done?

How exactly do you know it was?

If I'm not mistaken, Nike owned up to the fact that they were ripping us off and their justification was that we did profit by the initial front loading which looked wise at the time and did help us get the emirates.
Infact, did we even need to prove anything to them? are they not the same people paying Manure almost 3 times what they are paying us? The values of deals aren't exactly secret and everyone knows what the prevailing rates are. We were at their mercy and they chose not to show any mercy.

Rubbish - we are not at their mercy because contracts ALWAYS has a penalty clause for exiting a contract, it is never simply binding with no option of exit - the issue is whether you deem it worthwhile to take a hit to get out of the contract.

That is exactly why I said there was a difference between our deal and Chelsea's which allowed them get out of their deal with Umbro (with a penalty of a 25m fine which they had to pay by the way). We got most of our money upfront to pay for the emirates but they didn't as they had no major capex needs to necessitate tying themselves into such a deal.

You have not shown anything that indicates we were not allowed to get out of the deal if we wanted to. The difference is that Chelski had the balls to take the hit and gain the extra revenue they would be missing out on. Arsenal did not do that.

Arsenal forcing a way out of the deal would be like a Government refusing to pay its bond creditors just because it was issued by an initial government or Rangers arguing that their 3 year pre-sold season tickets are no longer valid and asking those who have already paid for them to pay more cos they were sold by a previous board and general ticket prices have risen in the interim across the SPL. I'd like to see you argue that in any court.  grin

You are quite naive to make a comparison with bonds or season tickets. The fact is that Chelski has already done so, making a precedent for us to do so if we wanted to. Unless you have proof that our contract even with front loading is different from that signed by other kit makers, there's nothing to suggest
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
debosky:

How exactly do you know it was?

This is a ridiculous question. The basic principle of law is that you're innocent until proven guilty but it seems you've turned this on its head.  Is this an attempt at inventing law too?  grin
You're the one who made an assertion here not me and the burden of proof lies with you. In case you've forgotten, this is the assertion I disputed:

Your question is akin to someone asking How exactly do you know that you are not stoopid?   grin grin

Seriously Debo, you need to change your meds if you're trying to convince me that Arsenal would recruit an entirely new commercial department to drive up revenue in the company and then stupidly sign such a deal if they had a way to get out of the contract and still end up with more money in their pockets and be totally ignorant of what you and I know even as laymen.

debosky:

Rubbish - we are not at their mercy because contracts ALWAYS has a penalty clause for exiting a contract, it is never simply binding with no option of exit - the issue is whether you deem it worthwhile to take a hit to get out of the contract.

Exactly my point. Until you've ascertained that this penalty is one worth paying i.e. one that would be an improvement over what we have already then the question of getting out of the contract with a penalty doesn't even arise particularly when the club's reputation for keeping to the terms of previous agreements will also take a hit and consequently become a factor in future negotiations.

debosky:

You have not shown anything that indicates we were not allowed to get out of the deal if we wanted to. The difference is that Chelski had the balls to take the hit and gain the extra revenue they would be missing out on. Arsenal did not do that.

This is a ridiculous standpoint to start arguing from. I think any rational investor would watch out for their own pockets first of all and then the interest of the company next, there isn't much of a decision to be made here. If it pays Arsenal to terminate the contract, the board would have done so. Like you always say, no fan would share the extra revenue with the board after all.
Except you're hell bent on proving that all the members of the board that delivered the emirates have gone bonkers overnight and are now acting against their own interests along with the interests of the majority Owner of the club.
Chelsea breaking their contract has nothing to do with balls, it has to do with either them getting a much better deal, a deal so good they were even willing to pay a 25m penalty to break it or just sheer stupidity which I wouldn't put past an owner and club who seem intent on running a club against every business principle known to man.  grin

debosky:

You are quite naive to make a comparison with bonds or season tickets. The fact is that Chelski has already done so, making a precedent for us to do so if we wanted to. Unless you have proof that our contract even with front loading is different from that signed by other kit makers, there's nothing to suggest

There is a very valid comparison there that currently eludes you, Arsenal took a lot of the money for the contract upfront (frontloading), they must have made certain concessions to be able to get the money upfront which included the option clause for an extension by Nike.
If you're arguing that we can break it because Chelsea broke theirs (a point I don't dispute) then you've also got to prove that its profitable for the club to break it but how can you prove that when you don't even have the full details of either this contract or chelsea's contract?
What is in the public domain is that Nike had an option to extend the contract which they took and Arsenal didn't dispute or consider worthy of litigation. Any other rambling by anyone with regards to what they should or shouldn't have done should be taken at face value for what they are i.e postulations of a creative solution to a generic conundrum of which the specific application to Arsenal's peculiar circumstances are mostly unknown at present.   wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
Accountant dudu, no go the law direction o.

Its not your forte and there are some who do that for a living who will be quick to put you out.

Besides u yarn tripe as usual.

There is no sense in that contract and it only goes to show that certain interests exist in that board to undermine the club. Prolly a case of brown envelopes.

Bes!des is this stadium worth this slavery and penury? It was built to earn us more money and make us competitive, that's not happening and won't happen anytime soon.

Arrant nonsense
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Accountant dudu, no go the law direction o.

Its not your forte and there are some who do that for a living who will be quick to put you out.

Besides u yarn tripe as usual.

There is no sense in that contract and it only goes to show that certain interests exist in that board to undermine the club. Prolly a case of brown envelopes.

Bes!des is this stadium worth this slavery and penury? It was built to earn us more money and make us competitive, that's not happening and won't happen anytime soon.

Arrant nonsense

Any lawyer would back up what exactly what I've said because its the Unclad truth. Infact any Judge would deport Debo to Homs with his unsubstantiated accusations of the board.  tongue

Ask Debo if he thinks the stadium is worth it, you already know my answer, but personally I don't think it was built to compete or capable of competing against the likes of Abu Dhabi and their bottomless pockets except if the lowest grade ticket possibly becomes something like £100 instead of the current £35. Before that happens, I'm sure people like you would have assasinated Arsene and the board or started another London riots.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2012
There is no iron clad unbreakable contract.

My 6yrs as a lawyer has taught me that.

There is also no grievous penalty clause that cannot be skillfully assuaged, pay the freaking lawyer! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
i.e postulations of a creative solution to a generic conundrum of which the specific application to Arsenal's peculiar circumstances are mostly unknown at present. @ dudu,U na certain pastor chris in disguise? Laff wan killet me hear o!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Arsenal finalising Nigeria tour plans

Posted: 2012-02-29 10:53

English Premier League side Arsenal are finalising plans for a pre-season visit to Nigeria this summer.

Officials from the London club are in Nigeria to inspect more facilities across the country for the tour, scheduled for August.

Organisers DanJan Sports and Arsenal officials also met with some fans of the North London side.

"It's been a lovely time here, the energy level is absolutely unbelievable," Arsenal's marketing director Angus Kinnear.

"We are still inspecting potential facilities in different states and the fans are excited about the tour.

"Essentially, the connection with the fans has been amazing.

"Arsenal went to Asia last year and what we've seen on the ground here is encouraging.

"Like we've emphasised, there is a strong desire to connect with our fans in Africa and the first step starts in Nigeria."

The club traditionally hosts an annual pre-season tournament at the Emirates Stadium, but they opted to postpone the event for a year because of the 2012 London Olympics.

As part of their preparation for the 2012/13 season, the club have opted to connect with their huge fan base in Africa, by visiting the continent.

John Okusi of DanJan Sports said: "Arsenal has got a huge fan base in Nigeria, the most populous country in Africa, so far everything is going well."

"They've been to several states and officials are excited about the prospect of hosting the club here.

"There are only few things to be sorted out."

On a lighter note, Angus Kinnear revealed how the fans stunned him with their reaction to the North London derby victory against Tottenham Hotspur.

"The celebration and mood of the fans was shocking." Kinnear said.

"They celebrated that victory more than what I've ever experienced in London.

"It's amazing and I'm touched. The passion is incredible"

Interestingly in July 2008, DanJan Sports brought two other English clubs, Manchester United and Portsmouth, to the Nigerian capital Abuja for pre-season friendly.

Manchester United took on Portsmouth before Pompey then played against Nigeria Premier League (NPL) side Kano Pillars.

The English Premier League is hugely popular in football-mad Nigeria, with millions of fans following the league on both terrestrial and satellite television

http://www.kickoff.com/news/27297/english-premier-league-side-arsenal-getting-ready-for-nigeria-pre-season-trip.php
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2012
duduspace:

This is a ridiculous question. The basic principle of law is that you're innocent until proven guilty but it seems you've turned this on its head.  Is this an attempt at inventing law too?  grin
You're the one who made an assertion here not me and the burden of proof lies with you. In case you've forgotten, this is the assertion I disputed:

Your question is akin to someone asking How exactly do you know that you are not stoopid?   grin grin

Don't tempt me to answer the final question. grin

What I have done is inference - Arsenal's commerical side is the worst performing in the top 6 at the moment. Based on that evidence, it very plausible that they bungled the renewal.

Seriously Debo, you need to change your meds if you're trying to convince me that Arsenal would recruit an entirely new commercial department to drive up revenue in the company and then stupidly sign such a deal if they had a way to get out of the contract and still end up with more money in their pockets and be totally ignorant of what you and I know even as laymen.

Let me put this silly confidence another way. You need to change your meds if you're trying to convince me that Arsenal would employ a coach like Wenger earning more than any manager in England then stupidly sell off Nasri and Cesc without getting replacements and be totally ignorant of what you and I know even as laymen.

Arsenal's recent management reeks of incompetence - whether it is ignorant or simply foolish stubbornness is immaterial.

Exactly my point. Until you've ascertained that this penalty is one worth paying i.e. one that would be an improvement over what we have already then the question of getting out of the contract with a penalty doesn't even arise particularly when the club's reputation for keeping to the terms of previous agreements will also take a hit and consequently become a factor in future negotiations.

How come Chelski's reputation has not taken a hit? This is the utter stupidity I keep talking about - 'keeping terms of agreements' that doesn't give you anything in value just to be able to say we honour agreements. What value have we gotten from keeping agreements? Oh wait - the same company gives our rivals 5 times what we get paid. What fantastic value from keeping terms of agreements.

This is a ridiculous standpoint to start arguing from. I think any rational investor would watch out for their own pockets first of all and then the interest of the company next, there isn't much of a decision to be made here. If it pays Arsenal to terminate the contract, the board would have done so. Like you always say, no fan would share the extra revenue with the board after all.

Well Gazidis got a big fat bonus last year even with our poor commercial performances - I don't think any of the current board's wages are affected by any bad decisions they make for Arsenal FC. It paid Arsenal to keep Fabregas, yet the board stoopidly sold him for less than he was worth - I see no reason to expect competence in financial management when there is clear evidence of bungling incompetence on the football side of things.

Except you're hell bent on proving that all the members of the board that delivered the emirates have gone bonkers overnight and are now acting against their own interests along with the interests of the majority Owner of the club.

Stop repeating this foolish nonsense - THE BOARD RUNNING ARSENAL NOW ARE NOT THE SAME BOARD THAT DELIVERED THE EMIRATES. If you can't understand that simple fact, you might as well stop now. The three main drivers are now gone - Dein, Edelman, and Fiszman, not to mention Bracewell-Smith. We all know P Diddy Hill has been going senile, so that's nothing new either.

Chelsea breaking their contract has nothing to do with balls, it has to do with either them getting a much better deal, a deal so good they were even willing to pay a 25m penalty to break it or just sheer stupidity

Chelski's deal made them more money - they could get a much better deal because they had a better commercial team. The only idea our commercial team has come up with is increase ticket prices.

There is a very valid comparison there that currently eludes you, Arsenal took a lot of the money for the contract upfront (frontloading), they must have made certain concessions to be able to get the money upfront which included the option clause for an extension by Nike.
If you're arguing that we can break it because Chelsea broke theirs (a point I don't dispute) then you've also got to prove that its profitable for the club to break it but how can you prove that when you don't even have the full details of either this contract or chelsea's contract?
What is in the public domain is that Nike had an option to extend the contract which they took and Arsenal didn't dispute or consider worthy of litigation

I see you've now backtracked from your earlier patently asinine assertions that we were 'forced' into signing an extension. We chose to go into it when there are clearly better deals out there. The only proof I need is that there are bigger deals available (from the SAME sponsor no less), and clubs have ended contracts to get bigger deals.

I don't have to have the details of the contract to prove we've been incompetent financially. We've had this new commercial team since 2009 and we can count the number of additional deals Utd has signed in that period compared to what we've done.

Be it on this deal or the general commercial side of things, yeye dey smell.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2012
If these argument between Debo and dudu areways of keeping me out of your thread, I would like to tell you that its working perfectly

Anytime I see Dudu space as the recent poster, I skip over this thread ;d
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
debosky:

I don't have to have the details of the contract to prove we've been incompetent financially. We've had this new commercial team since 2009 and we can count the number of additional deals Utd has signed in that period compared to what we've done.

Be it on this deal or the general commercial side of things, yeye dey smell.

if there's one thing you cannot fault the glazers for - it's the commercial side of things.
they have opened offices in london to scrap for deals and these nerds keep bringing in secondary sponsors.
the dhl deal with the training kit is the first of it's kind in england. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
Dudu doesn't look at things like that - as with the footballing side of things, he is very satisfied with mediocrity.

Benchmarking yourself against the best is foreign to him.

As for DK, long may your absence continue. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
debosky:

Dudu doesn't look at things like that - as with the footballing side of things, he is very satisfied with mediocrity.

Benchmarking yourself against the best is foreign to him.

As for DK, long may your absence continue. grin

dudu is hopelessly deluded.
in a situation where hamburg rakes more more money from commercial deals than arsenal then the board should be sacked.
actually, arsenal have one of the lowest ratio of money made from commercial deals to the total revenue.
for once - debosky is very correct. the arsenal board needs to be crucified. grin

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JbdFhFKojic/T0yPWJrjSAI/AAAAAAAAFPA/xtmX3Y12238/s400/10%2BArsenal%2BMoney%2BLeague.jpg[/img]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
Bayern kill them all in commercials

The cost of matchday ticket which is low is what is hindering us from breaking the upper echelon, Also the undue advantage from TV rights

if we are allowed individually negotiate TV deals Bayern would be tops in Europe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
Singing just so dudu can tell the Arsenal board of foggies

All we are saaayyyiing give us trophy

All we are saying, buy players now

All we are saying sack the deadwoods

Arsene and his band of arsewipes have turned me from a diehard fan to a plastic fan  lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Bayern kill them all in commercials

The cost of matchday ticket which is low is what is hindering us from breaking the upper echelon, Also the undue advantage from TV rights

if we are allowed individually negotiate TV deals Bayern would be tops in Europe

it's the one reason the spanish clubs are tops. £166m per year in a useless country like spain.
if united are allowed individual tv deals, i am sure we would be copping £250m per year.

na our brand dey keep pathetic teams like arsenal afloat with the way the tv money is shared.
united have 333 million fans in the world and all we can show for it is a miserable £120m. rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (3531) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.