Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,516 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2354676 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (3545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2012
Gotta give it to the Arse army.
They played well tonight,and that is just being straight.
They forced Milan to play like a Sunday league side for the first 45 mins.
I'm thinking the tidal wave of emotion that carried them to a 3-nil lead was abruptly cut short at half time.Im thinking if they paced themselves better, they coulda gotten to extra time at least.
Of course Milan upped their game second half, but even they were generally poor.Robinho is as over-rated as they come.Milan don't look the biz heading down the stretch of the CL this season.
Great game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
Gallant gunners.
Out but not down, very impressive performance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2012
dayokanu:

The always falter to deceive

give credits where it's due.
arsenal were good tonight. . . .i thought they would score 7 with the way they harassed milan in the first half.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
coogar:

give credits where it's due.
arsenal were good tonight. . . .i thought they would score 7 with the way they harassed milan in the first half.

Thats Milan for you brilliant one moment, W@nk the other.

I can reel out 3 games like that

Vs Deportivo 2004, Milan won first leg 4-1 lost return 4-0

VS PSV 2005 semi , Milan won first leg by 2-0, They were losing the return 2-0 till 87th min when Ambrosini pulled 1 back and PSV scored another . Milan qualified for finals on away goal rule

Vs Liverpool in Istanbul led 3-0 at half time, Lost the game at full time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 3:44am On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 4:23am On Mar 07, 2012
^^^^^
LOL !!!! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by gongoaso1: 4:37am On Mar 07, 2012
dayokanu:

LWKMDDD
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2012
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: What. A. Player! Who needs Hazard? cheesy

Debosky are you watching? Debosky are you watching? Debosky are you watching? cheesy

Andrei who? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:57am On Mar 07, 2012
ritchboy:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: What. A. Player! Who needs Hazard? cheesy

Debosky are you watching? Debosky are you watching? Debosky are you watching? cheesy

Andrei who? grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calm down hellboy - he was good but that was never in doubt! I've always said pace the lad and don't put too much expectation on his shoulders.

Whisper it quietly - Arsenal had THREE English starters yesterday, and only TWO Frenchmen and TWO Africans. cheesy

Great game, heck the last 3 Arsenal games have been fantastic. I'm glad they gave their all but probably think this is a fair outcome. We just left too much to do after the shambles of Milan. People talk about RVP's chance, but Nocerino's miss was far worse.

I'm also glad we didn't take it into extra time and lose because we're struggling for bodies as it is - at least this season's CL has given us a game to remember as well. Truly one of the great nights at the Emirates.

If the players leave everything on the pitch in this way, the fans will be behind them 100% in each and every game - that's the determination and drive we need to see from now till the end of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
With the accolades pouring in, there's no doubt our boys did good. So proud of that team. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^^
The players also need help from the bench. Truth be told, by the second half last night, the team was tired. Imagine if we had another Chamberlain waiting to come last night, I'm sure we would have scored at least one more. While the result was fair (considering what happened at SanSiro), football is not always fair and who says only deserving teams should win?  grin grin

Long and short of what I'm trying to say is, we need strength in terms of number and quality. Not Chamakh or Park coming on. For the first half performance, the players deserved more than they got from the bench last night (and yes, Ive considered we have injury worries at the moment)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
proudly9ja:

^^^
The players also need help from the bench. Truth be told, by the second half last night, the team was tired. Imagine if we had another Chamberlain waiting to come last night, I'm sure we would have scored at least one more. While the result was fair (considering what happened at SanSiro), football is not always fair and who says only deserving teams should win?  grin grin

Long and short of what I'm trying to say is, we need strength in terms of number and quality. Not Chamakh or Park coming on. For the first half performance, the players deserved more than they got from the bench last night (and yes, Ive considered we have injury worries at the moment)

arsene wenger has no plan b.
i am sure fergie would have found one goal in 45 mins. . . . in the last 10 mins, the whole of milan would have been holding their collective breaths on the kind of incursion and attack the milan defence would have faced. arsenal got tired easily. . . .they expended a whole lot of energy in the first half and by the 60th minute, the tank was empty.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
proudly9ja:

^^^

On point!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
But Park is a world beater, at least according to Ritchboy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
TBH I don't blame Park or Chamakh - there was nothing for them to feed off from.

Even if you brought on Aguero and Chicharito with no midfielders to provide service, they'd be toothless as well.

What we needed was a midfielder who could put his foot on the ball and float in balls into the box that Chamakh could knock down for Park or RVP, or wingers who could fizz balls into the box, or through passes. Rozzi was shattered, Song's passing was off all night so no show.

Walcott and Ox were off by that time and Gervinho was meh all night except for one run before the Abbiati save.

These same lads played barely 3 days ago and were knackered - I don't blame them one bit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
debosky:

TBH I don't blame Park or Chamakh - there was nothing for them to feed off from.

Even if you brought on Aguero and Chicharito with no midfielders to provide service, they'd be toothless as well.

What we needed was a midfielder who could put his foot on the ball and float in balls into the box that Chamakh could knock down for Park or RVP, or wingers who could fizz balls into the box, or through passes. Rozzi was shattered, Song's passing was off all night so no show.

Walcott and Ox were off by that time and Gervinho was meh all night except for one run before the Abbiati save.

These same lads played barely 3 days ago and were knackered - I don't blame them one bit.

alex song? cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
coogar:

alex song? cool

Song couldn't make a 5 yard pass in the second half - his passing was atrocious.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
debosky:

Lame ass excuse.

Arsenal played 12noon GMT on Saturday

Milan played played later and still had to travel
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by betty009(f): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2012
betty009:

I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)

go f@ck yourself, ma'am.
you are on the wrong section to be looking for employees.
if you really work for dell then how about bettybill98@dell.com?

dayokanu:

Lame Bottom excuse.

Arsenal played 12noon GMT on Saturday

Milan played played later and still had to travel

it can be argued arsenal played in a tension-soaked slugfest of a game on saturday compared to milan who played against palermo @ san siro.
the time of travel is the same if arsenal travelled by train to merseyside. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
debosky:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calm down hellboy - he was good but that was never in doubt! I've always said pace the lad and don't put too much expectation on his shoulders.

Whisper it quietly - Arsenal had THREE English starters yesterday, and only TWO Frenchmen and TWO Africans. cheesy

Great game, heck the last 3 Arsenal games have been fantastic. I'm glad they gave their all but probably think this is a fair outcome. We just left too much to do after the shambles of Milan. People talk about RVP's chance, but Nocerino's miss was far worse.

I'm also glad we didn't take it into extra time and lose because we're struggling for bodies as it is - at least this season's CL has given us a game to remember as well. Truly one of the great nights at the Emirates.

If the players leave everything on the pitch in this way, the fans will be behind them 100% in each and every game - that's the determination and drive we need to see from now till the end of the season.

But we all know thats not going to happen
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
coogar:

it can be argued arsenal played in a tension-soaked slugfest of a game on saturday compared to milan who played against [b]palermo @ san siro.[/b]the time of travel is the same if arsenal travelled by train to merseyside. . . .

Actually Milan played away in Silicy.

Travelled to Milan and to London

So Arsenal cant be the ones complaining of fatique
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
@coogar,
Even the Arse army can't complain about fatigue.
dayokanu is right.Milan to Sicily is nearly a thousand km by road.Which is just under 4x Arsenal had to travel to Anfield.
The Anfield fixture might have been tougher but Milan were worse off for wear by the end of the weekend.
Not making a case for Milan though.
Arsenal simply petered out in the second half.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vieira(m): 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
They were tired because they had to chase the game and put effort in to try and get it back 4 goals.
Milan did not have to work hard, just protect what they had
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 12:24am On Mar 08, 2012
Vieira:

They were tired because they had to chase the game and put effort in to try and get it back 4 goals.
Milan did not have to work hard, just protect what they had

Spot on!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 1:29am On Mar 08, 2012
coogar:

alex song? cool

debosky:

Song couldn't make a 5 yard pass in the second half - his passing was atrocious.

You guys should free Song abeg. He came back from Africa on Friday morning, played all 90 mins on Saturday morning  and had to screen the back 4 all by himself in that game. cool cool

Body no be firewood. Kudos to the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2012
Apparently, Podo had told Cologne they can't stop him from joining the best club in the world. The tabloids say an agreement has been reached by both clubs, but I find it unbelievable that Podo weekly is gonna be above £100k.

As an aside, who thinks we'll continue our fine scoring form when Ramshit returns?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by v3: 8:42am On Mar 08, 2012
dipo+:

Apparently, Podo had told Cologne they can't stop him from joining the best club in the world. The tabloids say an agreement has been reached by both clubs, but I find it unbelievable that Podo weekly is gonna be above £100k.

As an aside, who thinks we'll continue our fine scoring form when Ramshit returns?
According to Bild, it looks like a done deal. Won't get my hopes up just yet.

Can't really fault the performance of the boys in the return leg, all eleven of them stood up to be counted and man, did they give it their all. Whats the update on Ox and TW14?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 10:12am On Mar 08, 2012
Eeerr Mr Donkey, wats the lame excuse in being fatigued? Just incase you were listening to your own commentary on Oluyole F.M., we actually won 3-0. M-0-r-0-n! wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Actually Milan played away in Silicy.

Travelled to Milan and to London

So Arsenal cant be the ones complaining of fatique

Donkey can't you distinguish between TRAVEL fatigue and game fatigue? Playing Liverpool takes a lot more out of you than playing a team in Sicily.

Besides, no one is giving fatigue as an excuse - the effort put in by Arsenal was phenomenal in the game - they were bound to tire out. Even when they did tire out, Milan couldn't score even when granted a gift from Sczezny.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
In spite of the fact that we didn't qualify, people should not take it for granted that it was AC Milan we played on Tuesday, not Bolton or Blackburn and we actually won 3 - 0. They had Ibra, Robinho et al in that team. I was one of those who doubted and the boys proved me wrong. Though we didn't qualify, Im proud of the team's performance.

When we beat Blackburn 7 -1, they said we played against the worst team in the EPL (Blackburn beat ManU btw)

Then we beat Spurs 5 - 2 and they said Harry Rednapp got his tactics wrong

Liverpool lost 1 - 2 to us at Anfield and they blamed it on Liverpool's poor finishing

Now we've beaten AC Milan 3 - 0, Italian Champions and current league leaders and they are blaming it on fatigue

Abeg make una give the players some credit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by v3: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Twitter is buzzing with news that we've signed Podolski. I'll wait till i see him in an Arsenal shirt

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (3545) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.