Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,721 members, 7,865,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2364933 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FBS: 8:21am On Mar 21, 2012
the tomtoms are winning tomorrow. tongue cheesy

@debosky! Thanks man. mucho Respecto from the Balogun of Russia himself. cool cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
u mean diaby is knacked AGAIN!!!!!!!

PUT THIS GUY OUT OF HIS MISERY, send him home. if it was africa, we for say dem dey do am. chai!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Sensational way of putting tottenham where they ought to be. I dont remember the last time we put together a run of wins like dis. Absolutely wonderful
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
Are you not the same murderforker dat was saying just a few weeks ago Spuds have a "far superior squad to Arsenal" simply because they were 10 points clear? Now they are suddenly "where they ought to be". I laugh in pidgin-Jewish.

When I was telling Dupe and Sharon to wait till May before they write Arsenal off and declare Spurs the best thing since sliced palm-wine they couldn't control their premature ejacs. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 1:37am On Mar 22, 2012
Ha Ha . . . and we just keep winning.

Next stop , we're home to Aston Villa, I smell a 7th straight victory for the gunners.

We need to get as far away from the 4th place mud fight (Chelsea vs Tottenham) as possible to avoid getting splattered.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 3:49am On Mar 22, 2012
ritchboy: Are you not the same murderforker dat was saying just a few weeks ago Spuds have a "far superior squad to Arsenal" simply because they were 10 points clear? Now they are suddenly "where they ought to be". I laugh in pidgin-Jewish.

When I was telling Dupe and Sharon to wait till May before they write Arsenal off and declare Spurs the best thing since sliced palm-wine they couldn't control their premature ejacs. cheesy

And I'd advice you not to develop one yourself. Though I didn't watch the game, i read somewhere that we had things go our way, again(how often does that happen ? )
We could easily switch places with Spurs, in terms of form, in a split second; so lets hope Spurs and Chelsea continue to struggle as we thrive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 4:25am On Mar 22, 2012
edoyad:

There's this Fantasy i have playing in my head right now:
That the return match against the Tots, due to some scheduling problems gets postponed and becomes the last match of the season. It will so happen that until that match they'll remain two points ahead of us and will have to come to the Emirati to clinch whatever glory they're after, be it first (1st) or nineteenth(19th) position. And then, when they finally come . . . . . .you know the rest na

Ahhhhh! How time Flies grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:56am On Mar 22, 2012
ritchboy: Are you not the same murderforker dat was saying just a few weeks ago Spuds have a "far superior squad to Arsenal" simply because they were 10 points clear? Now they are suddenly "where they ought to be". I laugh in pidgin-Jewish.

You need to stop smoking sawdust.
Every sane mind knows everton had a valid goal ruled as offside yesterday and I remember a referee ruling another as offside another player that was onside in a one-to-one situation with Schezny in one of our recent epl games. We cannot ride on luck all through so don't come here with some 'i told you so bullshitt'.
Tottenham is a smaller club compared with us so even if they were 20 points ahead, there is a place 'where they ought to be'. They do have a superior squad to Arsenal and u can smoke all you want if you think otherwise
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 7:27am On Mar 22, 2012
^^ You are a phat phool! grin grin grin

Oh, so now you're highlighting refereeing decisions? Hehehe, clutching at fresh air. So Arsenal haven't had decisions go against them this season? Was your brain in cyclic redundancy when the same Spurs beat Arsenal earlier in the season with the aid of VdV's handball goal? Is this the part I'm supposed to start listing the plethora of decisions that have gone against Arsenal?

Dupe, you are a flaming disgrace! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:59am On Mar 22, 2012
We are only an injury away from messing all this up especially in the defence. The backline of Gibbs, Verm, Kos and Sagna is great in my opinion but don't have good cover in the event of injury (Djourou smiley). That's where the squad weakness comes in but this has to be translated in yoruba for ritchboy to understand. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KazeKage1: 10:19am On Mar 22, 2012
Heard our scouts have been monitoring Stuttgart's Ibisevic, if that's true&we're interested in him, he'd be a good buy. .i don't have anything against Podo sha.

I hear say dem Chelshit lose their match. . .and Totoringham draw? shocked grin
Onto the next one abeg.
Gooner cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2012
Ashton Villa is bound to be blown away. The Villains don't have what it takes to stop our momentum, do they?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Wordsmith(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2012
And it was 1 - nil to the Arsenal. Good to see the team grind out wins real ugly. Though one would appreciate landslide victories every now and then. And ah yes. . . Sp*rs nosediving and Shitty doing Shekpe in. . . absolutely splendid cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
I heard something interesting yesterday. The Arsenal back four unit of Sagna, Verm, Kos and Gibbs is yet to lose a game this season!

What do you guys make of this (if true)?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
proudly9ja: I heard something interesting yesterday. The Arsenal back four unit of Sagna, Verm, Kos and Gibbs is yet to lose a game this season!

What do you guys make of this (if true)?

i really wish we still have to play arsenal then that theory would have been subjected to an acid test.
valencia would murder gibbs, nani would cremate sagna and welbeck would sodomize koscielny and verminator. grin cheesy
just make sure you guys beat man city.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
dipo+:
We are only an injury away from messing all this up especially in the defence. The backline of Gibbs, Verm, Kos and Sagna is great in my opinion but don't have good cover in the event of injury (Djourou smiley). That's where the squad weakness comes in but this has to be translated in yoruba for ritchboy to understand. grin

Easy son. . . .the Spurs side with an allegedly better squad have geriatrics like Ryan Nelsen and Gallas to call upon as back ups. One moved from a relegation threatened club and the other has barely played this season. Dunno about you, but I'd regard them as weaker than having Miquel or Djourou step in.

Squad weakness is difficult to pin down - only in attack (CF) can we clearly say that Spurs have a better squad than ours - defensively it's neck and neck due to the absence of Dawson through injury, and in midfield it's arguably neck and neck as well.

The main advantage Spurs had is that they didn't lose players and thus didn't require time to gel as a team. Arsenal is only beginning to gel properly and it shows in the performances.

Luck always plays its part - from VdV's handball to offside goals and TWO own goals at Blackburn. Even with yesterday's lucky call (how lucky considering the penalty we were denied?) we've had more calls against us than for us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2012
debosky:

Easy son. . . .the Spurs side with an allegedly better squad have geriatrics like Ryan Nelsen and Gallas to call upon as back ups. One moved from a relegation threatened club and the other has barely played this season. Dunno about you, but I'd regard them as weaker than having Miquel or Djourou step in.

Squad weakness is difficult to pin down - only in attack (CF) can we clearly say that Spurs have a better squad than ours - defensively it's neck and neck due to the absence of Dawson through injury, and in midfield it's arguably neck and neck as well.

The main advantage Spurs had is that they didn't lose players and thus didn't require time to gel as a team. Arsenal is only beginning to gel properly and it shows in the performances.

Luck always plays its part - from VdV's handball to offside goals and TWO own goals at Blackburn. Even with yesterday's lucky call (how lucky considering the penalty we were denied?) we've had more calls against us than for us.

drenthe's goal was legal.
if i were wenger, i would ask for a replay.
the fa(london crew) are trying their best to put arsenal in the champions league spot.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^

Everton was paid back in their own coin - if anyone here remembers Arsenal vs Everton at the Emirates last season, Saha was so far offside that you could've driven 3 aircraft carriers into the space between him and Koscielny; yet ref allowed the goal to stand. I saw that travesty live with my own two eyes so it's simply justice being done.

Moyes himself said “I think the goal was offside. The wrong decision,” he said. “But it wasn’t Everton who made the wrong decision.” so it's just come full circle. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
debosky: ^^

Everton was paid back in their own coin - if anyone here remembers Arsenal vs Everton at the Emirates last season, Saha was so far offside that you could've driven 3 aircraft carriers into the space between him and Koscielny; yet ref allowed the goal to stand. I saw that travesty live with my own two eyes so it's simply justice being done.

Moyes himself said “I think the goal was offside. The wrong decision,” he said. “But it wasn’t Everton who made the wrong decision.” so it's just come full circle. cool

but it was arsenal that made the decision to deny drenthe a very good goal.
all the arsenal players raised their hands to force the line assistant to raise his flag.
such travesty should not be allowed. wenger has been bending down for the old farts at soho square again this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
coogar:

but it was arsenal that made the decision to deny drenthe a very good goal.
all the arsenal players raised their hands to force the line assistant to raise his flag.

Arrant nonsense - the linesman's flag went up like a flash before any Arsenal player could even raise a hand.

if it was Arsenal that made the decisions, why didn't our complaints about a blatant Drenthe foul in the box on Rozzi get us a penalty? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
debosky:

Arrant nonsense - the linesman's flag went up like a flash before any Arsenal player could even raise a hand.

if it was Arsenal that made the decisions, why didn't our complaints about a blatant Drenthe foul in the box on Rozzi get us a penalty? grin

a tackle in the box could be 50-50 - that is open to different opinion.
but since when has a legitimate goal ruled offside open to opinion?
was drenthe offside when the pass was played to him? no! in that regard, the goal should have stood.

comparing that to rozzi getting a penalty that still had to be scored is scraping the barrel.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^
Szczesny could also argue that he didn't make much effort because he saw the raised assistant ref's flag. grin grin grin

Decisions in footie are a case of you win some and lose some. Can we count the number of offside goals Drogba has scored against Arsenal? or the number of wrong penalty decisions Rooney has won against us?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2012
i really wish we still have to play arsenal then that theory would have been subjected to an acid test.
valencia would murder gibbs, nani would cremate sagna and welbeck would sodomize koscielny and verminator. grin cheesy
just make sure you guys beat man city.

Mr Coogar, have Spurs "put Wenger out of his misery" yet? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
The caliber of nonsense Dupe and Sharon were spewing a month ago is just lovely
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
ritchboy:
Mr Coogar, have Spurs "put Wenger out of his misery" yet? cheesy

there's still 27 points to play for and a point difference between the 2.
you ought to see a lobotomist if you are drawing conclusions already - i cannot remember the last time arsenal finished a season strongly yet.
april would tell us what this arsenal side are made of. the line assistant manufactured 2 points for y'all last night.
and those 2 points have put the gunners above spurs, there's nothing in it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^ Hehehe, but you didn't realize a month ago when you were yarning dust there were still 45 "points to play for". . . Even after i strongly advised you and Dupe to do so you couldn't wait till April to "see what Spurs are made of", instead categorically stating they will comfortably finish above Arsenal.

I dey grin! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2012
Make dey just dey maintain dat 3rd position oooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
ritchboy: ^^ Hehehe, but you didn't realize a month ago when you were yarning dust there were still 45 "points to play for". . . Even after i strongly advised you and Dupe to do so you couldn't wait till April to "see what Spurs are made of", instead categorically stating they will comfortably finish above Arsenal.

I dey grin! grin grin grin

You this ninny, you take us to the same page where you said you'll take Park/Chamark over Saha when the 33 yr old has already banged in more goals than both players combined.

There was good reason to think Tottenham will finish ahead of us and it could only take an amazing/unusual run of wins to turn that around. Every normal person would expect them to finish with 13 points ahead in February considering how close they have come to Arsenal on the league table at the end of recent seasons
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vieira(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
dipo+:

You this ninny, you take us to the same page where you said you'll take Park/Chamark over Saha when the 33 yr old has already banged in more goals than both players combined.

There was good reason to think Tottenham will finish ahead of us and it could only take an amazing/unusual run of wins to turn that around. Every normal person would expect them to finish with 13 points ahead in February considering how close they have come to Arsenal on the league table at the end of recent seasons

I actually disagree with that statement, I had a bet we would finish above Tottenham from early in the season and even when the gap was 12 points at one stage, I still thought Arsenal would do it. A study of past seasons have shown a distinct lack of bottle in the spuds team when it comes to finishing above us, this was dramatically displayed during lasagne gate.
They have done well this season and we started poorly but as soon as we started showing some type of form it was squeaky bottom time for Spurs.
Based on our next games I will say that Arsenalhave the easier run in and we are more practised at the fight for being in the top 4.
The only reason there is any doubt about us finishing above the spuds is because of our bad form and nothing to do with how good the spuds are, if they are not careful I predict that Chelsea will catch them as well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2012
Vieira:

I actually disagree with that statement, I had a bet we would finish above Tottenham from early in the season and even when the gap was 12 points at one stage, I still thought Arsenal would do it. A study of past seasons have shown a distinct lack of bottle in the spuds team when it comes to finishing above us, this was dramatically displayed during lasagne gate.
They have done well this season and we started poorly but as soon as we started showing some type of form it was squeaky bottom time for Spurs.
Based on our next games I will say that Arsenalhave the easier run in and we are more practised at the fight for being in the top 4.
The only reason there is any doubt about us finishing above the spuds is because of our bad form and nothing to do with how good the spuds are, if they are not careful I predict that Chelsea will catch them as well.

Could you Kindly produce any material that can be entered as evidence that such a bet was indeed made?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2012
Ruthless Arsenal, Toothless London neighbours. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2012
Another day another W. 3 points clear of the Spuds, EIGHT points clear of the Chavs, who woulda thought!? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.