Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,800 members, 7,866,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:28 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2365149 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2012
3-0 win and RVP not even on the scoresheet.

It just shows you how quickly things can change in football.

Let's keep beating the lower teams for now. . . .it'll give us some wiggle room if we don't beat the big boys.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
third on the table with 7 wins in a row and we cannot say we are contending for the title. Heartrending cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Arteta is still waiting for his first cap for Spain. . . Incredible!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^
Arteta is a quality player but when one considers the quality of the other players vying for a position in Spain's midfield, its not surprising he may never be called to national team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
We haven't won 7 in a row since the autumn of 2007. . . .no surprise that was a season where we came third and were top of the league for long stretches.

If we can combine our 'usual' good starts at the beginning of the season with a similar run in Feb/March then we'll have a chance of competing for the title.

I can't remember when last I watched a game with Djourou and it finished without me having cause to rain curses on his head. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^ True, though i feel he's on about the same level as players like Martinez, woulda probably sneaked a place in the squad for the Euros if he weren't turning 30 next week.

Meanwhile, who needs Cesc when you got Song? His distribution this season has been absolutely top drawer!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by folahann(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2012
Who's the the London Boss now?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^

We was always the boss, boss wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
Djorou looked decent today. When you sit on the bench till your drawers start to stick to your butt you appreciate any minute you get. I hope Kos' injury is minor cos the Sagna, Kos, Verm, Gibb combi is just priceless
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2012
Excellent, Villa is one team I used to hate playing cos of counter attacks and set pieces. Anyways, we so dominated the game that we didn't even pick up a single card while Villa racked up five. Van Persie now has the attention of all the EPL defenders, good distraction for Theo to exploit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
edoyad: Excellent, Villa is one team I used to hate playing cos of counter attacks and set pieces. Anyways, we so dominated the game that we didn't even pick up a single card while Villa racked up five. Van Persie now has the attention of all the EPL defenders, good distraction for Theo to exploit.

Good point. The Villains were not as good in defense they they usually are. Meanwhile Gervinho really needs to find his way to the quality we know he has the potential of cos its really easy to loose one's spot as a first team member in this current Arsenal squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 2:26am On Mar 25, 2012
edoyad:

Could you Kindly produce any material that can be entered as evidence that such a bet was indeed made?

does he need to show u any bet?

some of us here were ever so sure that the yids would never do one on us . . yet some of you got carried away by their form which some of 'us' know was just temporary . . .now u are asking for a proof of such bets? RIDICULOUS!!!

For all those people that are yet to admit that AW has changed for the better and has been getting some things right of recent, you lot might need to get some perspective . . .gone are the days I used to blame him at almost every loss, but with all of this I am sure it is plain to see that he has brought some kind of freshness of guile, creativity and mental sagacity into this team, the fact that these boys havent yet delivered on their own promises and capabilities boil down to them, they just need to up the ante whilst from next season Monsieur needs to get tough on them on the need to get results . . .YES, THE PHOENIX ROSE FROM THE ASHES!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 3:10am On Mar 25, 2012
If only we hadn't bungled up so badly @ the start of the season, who knows where we would be now with out current form.

hannie:
For all those people that are yet to admit that AW has changed for the better and has been getting some things right of recent, you lot might need to get some perspective . . .gone are the days I used to blame him at almost every loss, but with all of this I am sure it is plain to see that he has brought some kind of freshness of guile, creativity and mental sagacity into this team, the fact that these boys havent yet delivered on their own promises and capabilities boil down to them, they just need to up the ante whilst from next season Monsieur needs to get tough on them on the need to get results . . .YES, THE PHOENIX ROSE FROM THE ASHES!!!

I really hope he has changed as he's now talking about doing swift transfer business unlike last summer when he was playing transfer poker and leaving it late, that was my main beef with him last summer. The late transfers (in and out) had a catastrophic effect at the beginning of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 7:22am On Mar 25, 2012
No one is ever sure of anything in this league. Now that we are ahead of tottenham its easy to say you knew tottenham will never finish ahead of us. Would you also say u knew we'll be about 8 points ahead of chelshit with 8 games to go? Or would you say u knew RvP will go the whole season without a knock? We all know what that would have done to our season. I wouldn't say wenger has changed simply cos we put together 7 straight wins. I will only come to that conclusion if he stops looking for the cheap dross in the transfer market.

This Kos' injury gives me grave concern, I don't think Djorou can give consistently what my KOSCIELNY has
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vieira(m): 8:51am On Mar 25, 2012
dipo+:
No one is ever sure of anything in this league. Now that we are ahead of tottenham its easy to say you knew tottenham will never finish ahead of us. Would you also say u knew we'll be about 8 points ahead of chelshit with 8 games to go? Or would you say u knew RvP will go the whole season without a knock? We all know what that would have done to our season. I wouldn't say wenger has changed simply cos we put together 7 straight wins. I will only come to that conclusion if he stops looking for the cheap dross in the transfer market.

This Kos' injury gives me grave concern, I don't think Djorou can give consistently what my KOSCIELNY has

The funny thing is that at the same time I was offered the Tottenham bet, I was also offered a similar one for Chelsea but I was not confident in the Chelsea one and did not take it especially as I have lost the Chelsea bet a few times in the past years.

Edoyad, I am sorry but what kind of proof should I be running up and down to provide you? You either believe me or not,simples.
Hopefully at the end of the season I will be able to collect my £50.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2012
its is very possible that you placed that wager at the beginning of the season, but I don't think anyone would have placed same bet at the time when Tottenham was 10 points ahead of us. The likelihood of Tottenham finishing ahead of us at that time was great
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimshay(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2012
Go and stand in the naughty corner if you thought totoyam will finish ahead of us. Seriously, s#!t like that ought to be against the law. grin

Meanwhile RvP dey vex me, 2matches no goals angryG, abeg Baba Ijebu sell the dead wood jor grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2012
l
dipo+:
its is very possible that you placed that wager at the beginning of the season, but I don't think anyone would have placed same bet at the time when Tottenham was 10 points ahead of us. The likelihood of Tottenham finishing ahead of us at that time was great

Was like 74.8% . Even Arseblog was already preaching that it wouldn't be such a bad thing to play the UEFA cup. If Arsenal had scored 4 against Milan and managed to go through on Penalties, na only God know wetin we for hear.

Meanwhile its not Uhuru yet, all it takes is for us to lose to City and Chelski to be back in the red.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2012
slimshay: Go and stand in the naughty corner if you thought totoyam will finish ahead of us. Seriously, s#!t like that ought to be against the law. grin

I thought they'll finish ahead of us and I also thought Chelsea would finish ahead of us. Did you think Chelsea will finish below us?

slimshay:

Meanwhile RvP dey vex me, 2matches no goals angryG, abeg Baba Ijebu sell the dead wood jor grin

Nucca must be the deadwood with the highest transfer value in the history of the game grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hannie: 2:45am On Mar 26, 2012
I dont know what crap u al are talking about . . .

if anyone bothers to find out, there was no way I would ever have accepted that the Yids will end up higher, not to even talk of the Chavs . . .

why are the standards so piss-poor amongst gooners these days? cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:24am On Mar 26, 2012
It'll be something if anyone here claims he thought we'll finish ahead of Chelsea at the outset.
Standards fell at our darling club when we had to depend on a useless Ramshit for creativity especially wrt the kind of football we play. Harsh as I may sound, Ramshit's injury is one of the reasons (if not the main reason) we have done so well in recent games. Now that he is back on his feet let's see how well we fare if Wenger continues giving him an undeserved place in our starting line-up.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2012
Ramsey is all at fault yet he contributed to bringing us from the brink of relegation back into the top 5 eh?

I'm not saying he was a superstar or anything, but he did a job when it was required - when Rozzi's form improved/Ramsey got injured he was replaced and the team moved on.

If we're determining improvement by the absence of a player, we could also lazily say that Mertesacker and Gervinho's absences from the starting lineup are the factors for our improved form, not Ramsey's absence.

Just set aside your pet hates and appreciate the form the team has shown.

Lastly, dunno what the hang up is with being able to say 'I told you so' - either negatively or positively. Y'all like to act like Kitstradamus' love child when you're all really pissing in the wind with your predictions 90% of the time. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
debosky:

Lastly, dunno what the hang up is with being able to say 'I told you so' - either negatively or positively. Y'all like to act like Kitstradamus' love child when you're all really pissing in the wind with your predictions 90% of the time. grin

Help me ask them, Funny thing is that there are still 8 more games to go, so mission is not even almost complete yet. We could as well find ourselves 11 points behind again by mid next month, if we don't do what we ought to.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
debosky: Ramsey is all at fault yet he contributed to bringing us from the brink of relegation back into the top 5 eh?

I'm not saying he was a superstar or anything, but he did a job when it was required - when Rozzi's form improved/Ramsey got injured he was replaced and the team moved on.

When Ramshit got injured, the team didn't move on - it blossomed.

As an aside, Kos will have to avoid any cards in our next two games or risk a two-match ban. Our daring defender is currently on 9 yellows and will serve a punishment of a
2-game ban if he gets anor card in any of our next two games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
sorry guys I dont seem to get the responses by email like before.. any info on that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2012
Kay-Dee:
If only we hadn't bungled up so badly @ the start of the season, who knows where we would be now with out current form.

I really hope he has changed as he's now talking about doing swift transfer business unlike last summer when he was playing transfer poker and leaving it late, that was my main beef with him last summer. The late transfers (in and out) had a catastrophic effect at the beginning of the season.

On point! Same issue i had with le prof! At least he is now identifying his targets and aiming to bring them to complete the puzzle as quickly as possible. That i beleive is the right way to go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
^^ Don't believe everything you hear. This is the same way we heard about making 'Hazard's dream come true' last season before the departure saga began.

The truth is that Arsenal cannot be trusted with transfers till they are concluded - Arsene has said the same thing he is saying now for years - he will go for quality or 'super quality' as he claims, only to go back and say there isn't anyone who can add quality to his squad or there is no value in the market.

I'm not convinced he has changed his ways. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2012
Papa Wenger isn't changing shitt. We are on the verge of finishing stronger than we did last season after selling two players the world thought we couldn't cope without. If anything, Wenger will feel vindicated. All the noise about signings is an effort to keep the most lethal striker in the world, RvP at Arsenal.
I think RvP will stay anyways
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
Didnt you guys think it was the pressure from fans that forced Wengers hand.

Just assume if you had won the first 3 games of the season before the market closed, Do you think Wenger would have gone to do 7 last day deals?

You should be thankfull to the likes of man utd, liverpool and Newcastle for those early season whooping which forced a near mutiny at the Emirates
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
When was the last DK visited this thread and rolled out his broken drums?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Totally agree Arsene's hands were forced into doing his last minute buys. Despite what some think, I still see them as panic buys. We were lucky 'quality' like Arteta and Per were available. I think AW thought he could ride the storm without Cesc and Nasri with Jack, Ramsey and Gerv. Good thing we got the lessons from Liverpool/ManU. Ive always said my problem with AW is his stubborness. He needs prayers.

Like debo, I refuse to believe any hype until I see the player on www.arsenal.com. Asides that, apart from players like Almunia, Arshavin, JD20, Squillacci, we should work hard to keep the current squad no matter the summer additions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Most of those deals woulda been done anyways. Traore left the day after the United game = Santos, obviously even Arsene isn't dumb enough to have one left back(Gibbs) in his squad. Park came cos Bendtner went to Wearside. Mertersacker came after the Cahill deal fell through which had already been on the cards for ages. Arteta I'm not so sure about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Colson(m), Shegzdave, BlueRayDick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.