Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,768 members, 7,865,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2365042 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
airmark:

I hope sinizia read this. cool

Look man, I watched that match, the whole world probably watched it too. So nothing anyone says will gloss over the truth. If only you weren't biased you should have been musing over Gab's red card appeal being upheld while Costa is in for a 3-match ban. There's a reason Zouma called Costa a cheat and all pundits and players and viewers are blaming the móron, Dean. I can't expect anything objective from you as a shekpe fan whom Dean's stupidity favored after all Mouthino saw no wrong in the old man in kid's body (Costa) antics. So nothing you or anyone will say will change the stupidity of Dean. My mind is made up on the mediocre officiating. It's an old news!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
Diego with just three match ban? Absolute rubbish and let off. Anyways, referees will be on the lookout for him forthwith.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by airmark(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
sinizia:

Look man, I watched that match, the whole world probably watched it too. So nothing anyone says will gloss over the truth. If only you weren't biased you should have been musing over Gab's red card appeal being upheld while Costa is in for a 3-match ban. There's a reason Zouma called Costa a cheat and all pundits and players and viewers are blaming the móron, Dean. I can't expect anything objective from you as a shekpe fan whom Dean's stupidity favored after all Mouthino saw no wrong in the old man in kid's body (Costa) antics. So nothing you or anyone will say will change the stupidity of Dean. My mind is made up on the mediocre officiating. It's an old news!!

My point is that anyone that said Chelsea had upper hand before the red card issue was a biased-shekpe fan to you. That is what I tackled by quoting a non-shekpe fan to clear your delusion. You have right to continue deceiving yourself. But I think it's high time you set aside sentiments and analyse soccer the way it should be sensibly done. Ciao.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dopeJemi: 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pataki:
Busy days mostly.

cheesy cheesy No worry, I am back to terrorize una lives for that manure thread. grin grin

What a coincidence, una lose, you kan dey busy, no wahala, we dey wait for you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
sinizia:

why not then rescind Matic's ban totally instead of taking a match of the 3 match ban the law states. Are you saying that a player is free to commit offences because they were provoked by an opponent in a game? Also, why didn't the FA review Barnes's behaviour and reward him with retrospective punishment last season? Are the actions of Costa more despicable than that of Barnes?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
airmark:

My point is that anyone that said Chelsea had upper hand before the red card issue was a biased-shekpe fan to you. That is what I tackled by quoting a non-shekpe fan to clear your delusion. You have right to continue deceiving yourself. But I think it's high time you set aside sentiments and analyse soccer the way it should be sensibly done. Ciao.

My point is, upper hand don't win matches but goals. With all the "upper hand" shekpe didn't score. Then came Dean's madness and Costa's theatrics and suddenly shekpe scores, and you are here telling me some upper hand BS. I wonder why "upper hand" hasn't won matches against City and co. Upper hand my black azz.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

why not then rescind Matic's ban totally instead of taking a match of the 3 match ban the law states. Are you saying that a player is free to commit offences because they were provoked by an opponent in a game? Also, why didn't the FA review Barnes's behaviour and reward him with retrospective punishment last season? Are the actions of Costa more despicable than that of Barnes?

No, I'm not debating any of those points wrote down, nothing concerns me with FA's punishment post-Shekpe vs Assnal match. ALL I'm saying is that Dean ruined a good match with his jaundiced officiating and cost Assnal the match. That's all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
sinizia:

No, I'm not debating any of those points wrote down, nothing concerns me with FA's punishment post-Shekpe vs Assnal match. ALL I'm saying is that Dean ruined a good match with his jaundiced officiating and cost Assnal the match. That's all.

What do you mean ruined? Was Gabriel's conduct not deserving of a red card, or Santi's either?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

What do you mean ruined? Was Gabriel's conduct not deserving of a red card, or Santi's either?

I meant ruined by Dean's glaring dumb decision of leaving Costa on that pitch. I don't even know why you'd be asking me such question in the first place. And where did I say Gab or Santi are not deserving of their cards?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

If Gabriel's conduct was deserving of a red card the FA would not have rescinded it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
dopeJemi:

What a coincidence, una lose, you kan dey busy, no wahala, we dey wait for you

LOL! Una don miss me abi? I was busy coupled with the fact that I am down with the flu virus......and that shyte knows how to knock every strength out of me once it gets hold of me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

I may have to recommend new drugs for you, seems your condition is worse than thought.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
debosky:

My personal view is that we'd likely have lost even 11 against 11 so I'm not particularly bothered - another game is nearly upon us so no time to dwell too much on a bad week. Beat Spurs and things will feel a lot better. . . .lose again and the pressure will become quite severe.

Thank goodness this is your personal view. But it is not true. Did you read what Ramsey about their game plan with Chelsea? They were playing according to a game plan. Their game plan was to get Chelsea tired and frustrated after letting them bring out all the forces they had against Arsenal. They knew that once they can soak up all the pressure that Chelsea was bringing, the Chelsea fans will start getting agitated (knowing the poor record that Chelsea was on so far in the league) and then Arsenal was ready to hit back. So far, the plan was working well. Not until Goat-Dean became the obtuse foool that he is and changed the whole game.

Anyways, that is bygone now. On to the next game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
sinizia:

I meant ruined by Dean's glaring dumb decision of leaving Costa on that pitch. I don't even know why you'd be asking me such question in the first place. And where did I say Gab or Santi are not deserving of their cards?

Costa deserved nothing more than a yellow for whatever he did. Feel free to point out where any action of his deserved a red.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by awesome4: 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
The referee should have sent off gab and Costa that the obvious mistake dean made cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
debosky:

If Gabriel's conduct was deserving of a red card the FA would not have rescinded it.

So, we can say the FA not rescinding Matic's red card last season was bias or incompetent or inconsistent? Or the rules have been changed in line with the new season?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

Costa deserved nothing more than a yellow for whatever he did. Feel free to point out where any action of his deserved a red.
Guy chill. Poking Koscielnys eyes twice, chest bumping him to the ground, the tackle on Oxlade. Immediately after the tackle, Mourinho hooked him. Go and watch he game again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

Yeah, Costa doesn't deserve more than a Yellow card yet the FA has just slammed the irritant with a 3-match ban and Gab that deserves his Red card has had his Red card appeal upheld and his sanction cancelled. What an astute sense of judgment from you.. Bravo!! gringrin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hardetayour:
Guy chill. Poking Koscielnys eyes twice, chest bumping him to the ground, the tackle on Oxlade. Immediately after the tackle, Mourinho hooked him. Go and watch he game again.

I applaud you for wasting your time to spell out Costa's pathetic antics. The FA has just slammed the ill-mannered kid with a 3-match ban, that's a punishment for someone that "supposedly" deserves a yellow card only by his standards, while the person that deserves a red card has been vindicated and pardoned. gringrin Na you get time to dey list Costa's madness acts. Kontinu.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
That obnoxious dolt called Costa should have been handed a five match ban. He really needs anger management classes. So-called man of the match getting banned for 3 games. Shows you the dangerously self-deluded world that Mourinho lives in.

Even his fellow Chelsea player (Zouma) clearly called Costa a CHEAT on video.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
sinizia:

I applaud you for wasting your time to spell out Costa's pathetic antics. The FA has just slammed the ill-mannered kid with a 3-match ban, that's a punishment for someone that "supposedly" deserves a yellow card only by his standards, while the person that deserves a red card has been vindicated and pardoned. gringrin Na you get time to dey list Costa's madness acts. Kontinu.
I had to. He was becoming illogical
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
sinizia:

Yeah, Costa doesn't deserve more than a Yellow card yet the FA has just slammed the irritant with a 3-match ban and Gab that deserves his Red card has had his Red card appeal upheld and his sanction cancelled. What an astute sense of judgment from you.. Bravo!! gringrin
Very astute, indeed. Thanks for the compliment. wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

So, we can say the FA not rescinding Matic's red card last season was bias or incompetent or inconsistent? Or the rules have been changed in line with the new season?

I don't know what happened in Matic's case so I can't compare. What I do know is that Mike Dean had a terrible game and two of his errors have now been retrospectively fixed by the FA.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dopeJemi: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pataki:

LOL! Una don miss me abi? I was busy coupled with the fact that I am down with the flu virus......and that shyte knows how to knock every strength out of me once it gets hold of me.

I believe grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
debosky:

I don't know what happened in Matic's case so I can't compare. What I do know is that Mike Dean had a terrible game and two of his errors have now been retrospectively fixed by the FA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e852UDSWgTk

Mind, there has been no retrospective charge against Barnes till date and upon appeal, Matic had just a day rescinded from his 3-match ban. In the very next game against Newcastle, which Matic didn't play Chelsea lost.

Meanwhile, here's a classy player Sanchez punching Ivanovic, no retro actions either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7szAQKY6eOg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
What's the comparison between a mistimed tackle by Barnes and unprovoked thuggery by Costa?

Matic ran to the player and pushed him over - did Gabriel do the same?

Nothing to compare here. If you're referring to pushes, how many times did Costa push Gabriel without being punished for it?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:
Pickabeau1, would you say Gabriel being let off the hook has any merit to it?

Both players should have been sent off
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:09am On Sep 23, 2015
Costa aggressively double palms Koscienly to the face

Costa Swings his left hand backwards to the face of Koscienly

Costa invades the space of Koscienly with a chest bump

Costa attempts a choke hold on Gabriel leaving trails of his grab on opponents neck region

Costa hits Gabriel twice to the chest in the presence of the referee

Costa is engaged in a heated albeit vulgar exchange with Gabriel

Yet some fans are convinced his ban is unjust, it is shameful our sense of moral justice is extinct all in the name of football

#For the records I do not absolve Gabriel of any wrongdoing but Costa deserves the ban and I am glad there is retrospective inquiry in the EPL.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:10am On Sep 23, 2015
double post
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:50am On Sep 23, 2015
sod09:
so we can lose nd become trophyless abi...
Den u come again with Wenger has no excuse , he has to win d league
Pataki:

Back to Arsenal now, since we are not certain for how long Le Coq is out, should we replace him with either Flamini or Arteta? Personally, I think we should give Flamini a try-out against the Spurs tomorrow. So here is my team for tomorrow:

------------Ospina----------------
Debauchy-Per-Chambers-Gibbs-
-------Flamini-Ramsey----------
---Oxlaide--Sanchez
------------Giroud----------------
Unless it is a semi final, this Tottenham game is not worth it. You do not want to risk injuries or suspensions for the likes of Sanchez, Oxlaide and Giroud on the more important league matches because of a mere league cup game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mourinholic(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2015
Wenger- Gabriel deserve a red card,I agree

But some people will be foaming in the mouth telling us Gabriel doesn't deserve ban
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2015
Spy360:

Unless it is a semi final, this Tottenham game is not worth it. You do not want to risk injuries or suspensions for the likes of Sanchez, Oxlaide and Giroud on the more important league matches because of a mere league cup game.
really capital cup is now a mere cup considering d fact dat we prayed nd fasted to win d so called mere cup only for obafemi to break our heart.....thread softly ooo, we might just go back to old days of been trophyless. ...
For city to take it serious doesn't mean they av no other plan

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lush100(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.