Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,764 members, 7,837,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2340395 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dopeJemi: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Where is pataki? Where is Elf?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
sinizia:

I agree, I'm not doubting it; but against shekpe, it cost Assnal AFTER the ref's gaffe by then they're uneven in their numbers, one extra man would have marked the scorer. I can't blame man-marking in that particular match after ref's stupidity. If it was 11-11, I'd then blame the players. The ref and not the players/man-marking cost gayners the match.
True, and besides football is a psychological game. When you are a man down- unjustly, you easily lose focus. That's what happened.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mourinholic:

The same referee waved play on for Hazard's penalty incident... if he had given that penalty,yellow card for Gabriel....
Gabriel fights Costa,second yellow,red.....same nooni grin cheesy grin
You call that a penalty? You need kaladosvasquin octane methyl pentahydrazone.

You need it fast.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 3:00am On Sep 22, 2015
Costa charged

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 22, 2015
pickabeau1:
Costa charged

Unnecessarily so. Pray tell, why hasn't Wenger been charged for his rant at the referee? FA isn't aware?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 3:29am On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

Unnecessarily so. Pray tell, why hasn't Wenger been charged for his rant at the referee? FA isn't aware?

Did not watch the match but Costa has had it coming for a long time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 22, 2015
pickabeau1:

Did not watch the match but Costa has had it coming for a long time

Nah, when you say that it becomes a witch hunt. He either deserves a ban or he doesn't. In this case, he really doesn't. There's no case against him tbf.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:31am On Sep 22, 2015
pickabeau1:
Costa charged

Gabriel too but Arsenal will appeal his 3match ban. The league cup will serve as Cazorla's suspension.

Wenger should send in the youth players for the league cup game.

......................Ospina.........................
Debuchy Per Chambers Gibbs
...............Bielik ...Arteta.................
Campbell ......Jeff ..............Iwobi
....................... ? .........................

Whta do you think?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2015
Spy360:
Gabriel too but Arsenal will appeal his 3match ban. The league cup will serve as Cazorla's suspension.

Whta do you think?
so we can lose nd become trophyless abi...
Den u come again with Wenger has no excuse , he has to win d league
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2015
Spy360:

Whta do you think?

My opinion?

Jeff is injured, Bielik is not ready (he plays CB for the youth team btw though I believe his long term role will be DM).
We'll see many of the youngsters on the bench not in the starting 11.

I'd like to see some experienced players upfront. It's Spurs we're playing not a nationwide league team.
At least Giroud and Chamberlain must start upfront.
I agree with you back 6 (plus Arteta/Flamini)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Personally I'd start Walcott again in this game, we'll be under the cosh for a lot of the game and we'll need speedy counter attacks.

I doubt there'll be much benefit in the appeal for Gabriel, but worth trying anyway considering the foolishness of Mr Dean.

Personally I'm not too fussed by Gabriel's behaviour - we have too many 'nice guys' in the squad and though he was foolish in the end I'd prefer teammates standing up for each other than allowing bad behaviour.

My personal view is that we'd likely have lost even 11 against 11 so I'm not particularly bothered - another game is nearly upon us so no time to dwell too much on a bad week. Beat Spurs and things will feel a lot better. . . .lose again and the pressure will become quite severe.

Can't wait. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 11:30am On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

Nah, when you say that it becomes a witch hunt. He either deserves a ban or he doesn't. In this case, he really doesn't. There's no case against him tbf.

You don't think his antics against kos deserve a one match ban at least?

Hmm.

Rose coloured specs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2015
Next 4 fixtures

Spurs (away)

Leicester City (away)

Olympiacos (home)

Manchester United (home)

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
pickabeau1:

You don't think his antics against kos deserve a one match ban at least?

Hmm.

Rose coloured specs

One match ban, Oga Pick? What were his antics, exactly? There's nothing that he did that referees don't deliberately overlook. At best, they are yellow card offences, not match ban worthy. grin

Your own na ice cream flavoured specs abi? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

One match ban, Oga Pick? What were his antics, exactly? There's nothing that he did that referees don't deliberately overlook. At best, they are yellow card offences, not match ban worthy. grin

Your own na ice cream flavoured specs abi? grin

Hahaha...

Ok
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
Gabriel wins d appeal....happy now
But arsenal lost d 3 points sad
So stop complaining boit d ref wen d 3 points is gone
Also d man won't officiate arsenal match again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
debosky:
Personally I'd start Walcott again in this game, we'll be under the cosh for a lot of the game and we'll need speedy counter attacks.
I doubt there'll be much benefit in the appeal for Gabriel, but worth trying anyway considering the foolishness of Mr Dean.
Personally I'm not too fussed by Gabriel's behaviour - we have too many 'nice guys' in the squad and though he was foolish in the end I'd prefer teammates standing up for each other than allowing bad behaviour.
My personal view is that we'd likely have lost even 11 against 11 so I'm not particularly bothered - another game is nearly upon us so no time to dwell too much on a bad week. Beat Spurs and things will feel a lot better. . . .lose again and the pressure will become quite severe.
Can't wait. grin

I'm still not convinced enough to play Walcott upfront. I believe he is more effective coming from the right hand side. Alternatively, if he must play upfront, we can bring him on second half when the opposition defence is tired.
I don't know why we've not really taken advantage of Alexis' pace. He seems to do a lot of defending and doesn't really take part in many of our counter attacks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
sod09:
Gabriel wins d appeal....happy now
But arsenal lost d 3 points sad
So stop complaining boit d ref wen d 3 points is gone
Also d man won't officiate arsenal match again

Yes we lost three points. It was against Chelsea at S.B. If someone had asked you in July to list games we would win this season, would you list this game as one of them?

Don't get me wrong, I hate to lose against Chelsea whether at home or away especially with Mourinho as their manager but asides the Community shield, when was the last time we beat them?
The Gabriel/Costa incident covered a lot of other talking points in the game (Alexis and Walcott's misses). I'm worried about our front line as it is. We need goals!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
sod09:
Gabriel wins d appeal....

He is still subject to a separate FA charge of improper conduct. Let's wait to see the outcome of that. I hear the consequence is a one match ban. He may still be able to play against Spurs but if he misses that game, I wonder if the it could count towards the ban undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
proudlysports:

Yes we lost three points. It was against Chelsea at S.B. If someone had asked you in July to list games we would win this season, would you list this game as one of them?

Don't get me wrong, I hate to lose against Chelsea whether at home or away especially with Mourinho as their manager but asides the Community shield, when was the last time we beat them?
The Gabriel/Costa incident covered a lot of other talking points in the game (Alexis and Walcott's misses). I'm worried about our front line as it is. We need goals!
yes I also hate losing to Chelsea
But im more concerned about arsenal Dan d blaming of ref...
Each season same old story , no real striker, le coq is injured
Yet d old man is claiming he has a strong squad....almost all d former players nd analyst are thinking other wise
Is he really a clown, making fool of himself
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
proudlysports:

He is still subject to a separate FA charge of improper conduct. Let's wait to see the outcome of that. I hear the consequence is a one match ban. He may still be able to play against Spurs but if he misses that game, I wonder if the it could count towards the ban undecided
dat one he can't win...d highest is 1-3 matches
But Costa own na tape rule dem go measure am grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
proudlysports:

did u see son for sputs dat guy is good.... He's been my fav since he was in leverkusen
I hope he won't spoil my day tomao oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
sod09:
did u see son for sputs dat guy is good.... He's been my fav since he was in leverkusen
I hope he won't spoil my day tomao oo

Truth be told, I'm worried too especially for the next two games (Spurs and Leicester).
If you have been following Arsenal for a while, you should be used to this by now. I don tire to dey write epistles on Nairaland. You should go back 7-8 years back when dudu, debosky, myself, et al used to write epistles for and against AW. In fact, AW made me lose my username here on Nairaland cheesy

The man believes in his own hype. He doesn't learn from mistakes and he is in a club where the ambitions of the owners do not align with that of the fans. This is my conclusion. So these days I just follow the club, enjoy the matches we win and get over the ones we don;t win as quickly as possible. I also have strong interest in our youth team so that keeps me preoccupied too.
I hear he has now come out to say he has been following Martial. I hope its not true else someone should sew his lips together. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Danhumprey: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
^^^^^^^

Bwuahahahaha!!!!! Arsene Wenger following Martial?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

same way he was following Leo Messi and co.?? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
proudlysports:

Truth be told, I'm worried too especially for the next two games (Spurs and Leicester).
If you have been following Arsenal for a while, you should be used to this by now. I don tire to dey write epistles on Nairaland. You should go back 7-8 years back when dudu, debosky, myself, et al used to write epistles for and against AW. In fact, AW made me lose my username here on Nairaland cheesy

The man believes in his own hype. He doesn't learn from mistakes and he is in a club where the ambitions of the owners do not align with that of the fans. This is my conclusion. So these days I just follow the club, enjoy the matches we win and get over the ones we don;t win as quickly as possible. I also have strong interest in our youth team so that keeps me preoccupied too.
I hear he has now come out to say he has been following Martial. I hope its not true else someone should sew his lips together. cheesy cheesy
lol
Follow martial for him dream
He better been a scout Dan a coach....
I actually use dis critics to enjoy my self though, cos I can't stand to be moody wen we lose.. There was a time momsi made rule we av to eat b4 any arsenal match, even now dat I'm not with dem I apply d rule...
Nd I also predict d season b4 its start nd see wat d man have for us gringrin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
Good to see Gabriel win his appeal. . . .I'll be happy to have him against Spurs and give him more of a run in the side.

proudlysports:

I'm still not convinced enough to play Walcott upfront. I believe he is more effective coming from the right hand side. Alternatively, if he must play upfront, we can bring him on second half when the opposition defence is tired.
I don't know why we've not really taken advantage of Alexis' pace. He seems to do a lot of defending and doesn't really take part in many of our counter attacks.

As for Spurs, I think they'll take the initiative on their home ground which will provide space in behind. Walcott coming on late against so called tired defences isn't a policy that particularly works in my opinion, especially if we need a goal and the sides are sitting deep and there's no space in behind.

Alexis upfront would appear to be a waste right now - his finishing has been abysmal so far this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by airmark(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
debosky:

My personal view is that we'd likely have lost even 11 against 11 so I'm not particularly bothered -

I hope sinizia read this. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
dopeJemi:
Where is pataki? Where is Elf?

I resemble Chestar for your eye? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dopeJemi: 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pataki:

I resemble Chestar for your eye? cheesy

Sharap dia grin why you hide since?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
What a weekend it was with that nauseating game against Shekpe. I totally lost my marbles and madam Pataki had to bear the brunt for the whole weekend. Even dragged her to the movies to make me get over the rage and anger that was boiling inside me. Anyways, I will make it up to her specially in some days time. cheesy

That said, good to see that all is not well in the Shekpe side. Eva is planning to drag Chelsea to court. I hope she drags Mourinho to the dock like how Saraki was disgraced today. cheesy And the news that the useless cheat called Costa might be heavily dealt with by the FA is nicely welcome in my books. Even Zouma had to publicly state it and it is recorded on video that Costa is a CHEAT! Spoiling the beauty of the football game.

Good that the 3 match ban game that Goat-Dean gave to Paulista has been rescinded. For once, it is sweet to see the FA on our side. cheesy

Back to Arsenal now, since we are not certain for how long Le Coq is out, should we replace him with either Flamini or Arteta? Personally, I think we should give Flamini a try-out against the Spurs tomorrow. So here is my team for tomorrow:

------------Ospina----------------
Debauchy-Per-Chambers-Gibbs-
-------Flamini-Ramsey----------
---Oxlaide--Sanchez
------------Giroud----------------
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
dopeJemi:

Sharap dia grin why you hide since?
Busy days mostly.

cheesy cheesy No worry, I am back to terrorize una lives for that manure thread. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pickabeau1, would you say Gabriel being let off the hook has any merit to it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.