Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2320634 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
An0nimus:
So Walter Mazzarri really made that this statement shocked

"When Alexis, Özil & Xhaka clicks, a lot of people who loves football will be having Orgasms"

Thought it's a meme guys came up with until I googled it now.

and how does that equate to titles

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
pickabeau1:

and how does that equate to titles

lol it doesn't equate to jack when it's the Arsenal. I was just amused a coach could use such a line. Walter never made the statement, some blogger faked it.

You been scarce though...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
bros na money matter grin grin grin

Am just on d low

Wenger started with his usual

2 points in 2
Win in third game

All is well and dandy

An0nimus:

lol it doesn't equate to jack when it's the Arsenal. I was just amused a coach could use such a line. Walter never made the statement, some blogger faked it.

You been scarce though...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
dem don dey log in ooo... original haters...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
pickabeau1:
bros na money matter grin grin grin

Am just on d low

Wenger started with his usual

2 points in 2
Win in third game

All is well and dandy

I don join laid back fans crew this season. I'm more laid back now, anything we see at end of season we take grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
Na true say Alexis wan run go June come January?

That Perez is his replacement?

Old players don't like Wenger's style and that's why he have this let my player go attitude when they trigger one.

For now, I think defensive issues have been solved already, let's see how the drive for trophies take off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
An0nimus:

I don join laid back fans crew this season. I'm more laid back now, anything we see at end of season we take grin

you mean there is another crew

i only knew of akbs and wobs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
Una don come with this wob thing, pickabeau1 and sod09

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Those that saying wenger didnt panic buy now answer the following question
1 If Man United didnt disgrace us will he buy those 5 players he bought?
2 why did he love buying whenever he lose a match or the fans pressurise him?
3 if you want lucas perez why didnt you go for him earlia?
4 why is it that when all other option fails and the fans are complaining he went ahead and sign him
lastly if, i mean Gaberiel is fit and Per is fit will he sign mustafi?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
Giroud surpasses the man united legend, eric cantona on international goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
Panic buy in simple terms is buying something you whose nessecity wasn't assessed but bought anyway cos of fear of the unknown.
Did we have these guys on our radar before the matches? YES... So it ain't a panic buy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
Funpeter:
Those that saying wenger didnt panic buy now answer the following question
1 If Man United didnt disgrace us will he buy those 5 players he bought?
2 why did he love buying whenever he lose a match or the fans pressurise him?
3 if you want lucas perez why didnt you go for him earlia?
4 why is it that when all other option fails and the fans are complaining he went ahead and sign him
lastly if, i mean Gaberiel is fit and Per is fit will he sign mustafi?
Do these definitions define panic buy? Everything now is panic buy to you pple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Una don come with this wob thing, pickabeau1 and sod09

all na wait and see

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 2:54am On Sep 02, 2016
Perez was not a panic buy. We had been scouting him since January. The only thing close to a panic buy was mustafi because we had initially refused to go pass 26m and chose to chance other targets(Manolas, Evans, Mussachio, Toprak) and ended up paying more than we should have. This of course was because we couldn't get the big name striker we were after so we decided to activate Perez buy out clause and spend the rest on a CB.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 5:25am On Sep 02, 2016
edi287:
Perez was not a panic buy. We had been scouting him since January. The only thing close to a panic buy was mustafi because we had initially refused to go pass 26m and chose to chance other targets(Manolas, Evans, Mussachio, Toprak) and ended up paying more than we should have. This of course was because we couldn't get the big name striker we were after so we decided to activate Perez buy out clause and spend the rest on a CB.

You honestly think Wenger would sign Perez if we won the first 3 games?

Only xhaka wasn't a panic buy. Also scouted since January and signed as soon as last season ended purely to replace Rosicky and Arteta

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 02, 2016
Arsenal star young player wheelchair languishing in Bournemouth...LMFAO.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 5:32am On Sep 02, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Panic buy in simple terms is buying something you whose nessecity wasn't assessed but bought anyway cos of fear of the unknown.
Did we have these guys on our radar before the matches? YES... So it ain't a panic buy.

Were we planning on signing them before the season begins? NO.

The striker and defensive problems have been on for years now. Those deals could have been completed much much earlier. But we waited to test the same depleted squad only to drop points again.

You think Wenger would sign if he'd taken those maximum points?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 6:27am On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

You honestly think Wenger would sign Perez if we won the first 3 games?

Only xhaka wasn't a panic buy. Also scouted since January and signed as soon as last season ended purely to replace Rosicky and Arteta
Wenger had said repeatedly he was going to sign a CF. Perez is not a panic buy. He himself said he was contacted as early as July. Gazidis also mentioned we were in for a defender before the American tour.
Don't like Wenger, but it's ridiculous to say all the transfers bar Xhaka were a panic buy. This is the same guy who refused to buy a striker because he didn't feel there was anyone better than he had.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2016
edi287:

Wenger had said repeatedly he was going to sign a CF. Perez is not a panic buy. He himself said he was contacted as early as July. Gazidis also mentioned we were in for a defender before the American tour.
Don't like Wenger, but it's ridiculous to say all the transfers bar Xhaka were a panic buy. This is the same guy who refused to buy a striker because he didn't feel there was anyone better than he had.

Drop verifiable links where these were reportedly mentioned.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 8:17am On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

The striker and defensive problems have been on for years now. Those deals could have been completed much much earlier. But we waited to test the same depleted squad only to drop points again.

I don't know. What I do know is that:

a. At the start of the transfer season, Wenger did say, he was looking to add at least three quality signings in the transfer window;

b. We bought Xhaka, soon afterwards just before the Euros, we immediately went for Vardy. We all know the result of that.

c. After the Vardy drama, Lyon reported that Arsenal made a bid for Lacazette, even right after we had already bought one unknown Takumo.

In comparison to last year summer transfer market window, where Wenger simply just bought Cech and no outfield player was bought, despite all the noise we made, I think someone must have drummed some sense into Wenger's head.

Our transfer business might not have been prompt as we fans expected it to be, but the most important thing is that, we finally got it done. Every team will drop points, but I strongly believe in Arsenal. Our new additions have been respective captains and leaders with their previous teams. That adds a fierceness to Arsenal, which over the years we have missed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2016
Pataki:

I don't know. What I do know is that:

a. At the start of the transfer season, Wenger did say, he was looking to add at least three quality signings in the transfer window;

b. We bought Xhaka, soon afterwards just before the Euros, we immediately went for Vardy. We all know the result of that.

c. After the Vardy drama, Lyon reported that Arsenal made a bid for Lacazette, even right after we had already bought one unknown Takumo.

In comparison to last year summer transfer market window, where Wenger simply just bought Cech and no outfield player was bought, despite all the noise we made, I think someone must have drummed some sense into Wenger's head.

Our transfer business might not have been prompt as we fans expected it to be, but the most important thing is that, we finally got it done. Every team will drop points, but I strongly believe in Arsenal. Our new additions have been respective captains and leaders with their previous teams. That adds a fierceness to Arsenal, which over the years we have missed.

Yep. Buying Mustafi is the best news I've heard since

[img]http://media./media/2od2o7HeCMcCY/giphy.gif[/img]

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 8:43am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2016
edi287:

[s]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10517788/arsene-wenger-defends-arsenal-transfer-policy-as-club-toils-over-new-defender-and-striker

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/arsenal-fan-tv-report-private-chat-ivan-gazidis-transfers-video/

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/06/arsenal-will-pay-what-it-takes-to-sign-the-right-striker-insists-arsene-wenger-6051123/[/s]

[s]http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/2872117/arsenal-have-clear-striker-targets-in-mind-insists-arsene-wenger

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsene-wenger-confirms-arsenal-looking-8517839

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-rumours-arsene-7979283[/s]

Been reading this kinda stuff every season na.

None of the links stated explicitly that we were working on getting either Perez or Mustafi. Not even rumours. It could be the negotiations were held in secret but in this modern age of information technology, some people would have definitely leaked this kind of info to the press long ago.

All still points to the same panic button for those players except Granit. grin

Tired of this argument sef. The most important thing is that we bought top quality at a good bargain. Let's see how we build from here.

BTW how soon will Gabriel be back in the team?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:35am On Sep 02, 2016
One day, Maga United will have sense...... cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sokotoburundi(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

None of the links stated explicitly that we were working on getting either Perez or Mustafi. Not even rumours. It could be the negotiations were held in secret but in this modern age of information technology, some people would have definitely leaked this kind of info to the press long ago.

Tired of this argument sef. The most important thing is that we bought top quality at a good bargain. Let's see how we build from here.

who be this foolish person trying to be clever? You asked for links and they were given to you...and you started saying another thing... Its not even funny!
Make una drop this panic buy argument abeg, opinion defers. angry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
sokotoburundi:
who be this foolish person trying to be clever? You asked for links and they were given to you...and you started saying another thing... Its not even funny!
Make una drop this panic buy argument abeg, opinion defers. angry

So you think you just made sense by throwing insults?

Anyway its normal. Una type nahin full NL. Because you can afford to use a smartphone doesn't mean you are smarter than it.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sokotoburundi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

So you think you just made sense by throwing insults?

Anyway its normal. Una type nahin full NL. Because you can afford to use a smartphone doesn't mean you are smarter than it.
grin i regret ever doing that... And i apologise.
As for the smartphone part... We all know we dont need a smartphone to post on NL... I told you earlier stop trying to be clever!
I will pass...

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

the only player that we were not trying to buy before the league began was mustafi and that is because it was covered in Wenger's mind till the injuries happened
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pataki:
One day, Maga United will have sense...... cool
better to buy one S-Class Benz than having 3 Volkswagen beetles

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
lekkie073:
better to buy one S-Class Benz than having 3 Volkswagen beetles

Scumtwat, if you want to troll, at least use common sense a little. S-Class Benz that has not won a world cup before.....yet one Ijapa Beetle won a world cup title as recently as 2014.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

Those links show wenger was in for a striker and a defender. That was what you asked for. Perez has said we contacted him back in July, you want me to bring links linking him with us as early as January??

Gabriel should be back in 2 months.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
ColtPython:

So according to you, since barca didn't get Vietto, Luan, PEREZ, that makes Alcacer a panic buy?? What are you on about. Wenger had a shortlist and perez was on it and wasn't first choice. Vardy was and we failed to sign him. Last season everyone called him naive for not having a back up option incase he missed out on Benzema, now he does and you call it a "panic buy"??

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.