Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

did Your Parents tell You How They Met? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / did Your Parents tell You How They Met? (7235 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Parisgoodman(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
I didnt bother asking the guy cos he's a big joker. But when i ask mom, she said he(guy) met her in a bus from lagos 2 warri, trust bad sharp guy, he started scoping from there she showed her the mother's shop and the guy became their best customer, from customer to husband, yours?
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by tpia5: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
i believe my mum did.

on and off relationship, sort of.

i suspect the wazobia sentiment after the war also played a role.

besides those, i'm not really aware of the specifics.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by r231(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2011
yea they did. . . . .

under the apple three grin grin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobleangel1(f): 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
I dnt knw bcz i nvr had d chance 2 ask.My parents died wen i was still young 2 ask such a qustn.;-(
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by slimyem: 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
they met in school.he was in final year while she was a fresher.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by freecocoa(f): 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2011
Noble angel:

I dnt knw bcz i nvr had d chance 2 ask.My parents died wen i was still young 2 ask such a qustn.;-(
its a pity dear,life can be so cruel,accept my heartfelt sympathy.

@ Topic My dad heard about my mum from his friend and he decided he wanted to meet this woman who feels she is too good for all the men asking to marry her,(she was over choosy)that was it.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by mashnino(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2011
Noble angel:

eiyah, sowie, jez cheer up, i know you are doing fine now,
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by sexlog(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2011
They met at a party. My popsy na sharp guy.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Agybabe(f): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
Yes M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mum did, but it's not what I want to talk about, afterall she didn't give M̶̲̅ε̲̣ the whole gist
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Roland17(m): 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
My parents told us everything, how they met, how they struggled at the beginning of the relationship and we are witnesses to how well they are doing after more than 30 years of knowing each other.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobleangel1(f): 3:10am On Nov 25, 2011
@freecocoa & mashnino tnx vry much 4ur concern.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 25, 2011
OP just give me 2 reason why I should share such a golden story with you.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by MissyB3(f): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2011
My mum did.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by DynamicGal: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2011
My Dad saw my mum delivering a message to their compound. He then called her to his side and helped her zip up her dress very well wink. He surely got her to notice him dat way. Anyway, I call their story "Area Runs" cos both family houses are on the same lane.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Sijo01(f): 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2011
Noble angel:

Its wel swerry.
jst tk heart.

@op, one of my distance patterner Aunty normally go 2my mom's village 2trade on evry market day.
na 4der she sight my momsi, 4rm der she cum dey study her.
afta she don gatther enough gist say momsi na good gurl.
na she come brk g gist 4popsi say she don c 1 Ovaleke 'Babe'
d rest is history.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by slap1(m): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
My Dad went to visit my uncle (his close friend then) and he saw my mum's pix. He asked weather she was married. She wasn't. He told his friend that he must marry his cousin (my mum). My mum lived in Onitsha then, so my dad accompanied his friend to Onitsha for a 'visit'. . . Years later, my mum told me that the photographer that took that pix had teased her that that could be the pix that would bring her a husband. . .
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by CzarChris(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2011
Mine, both of them where bankers, my dad was then the youngest executive and was among the interview panel that, interviewed my mum. Seven months later, they where married. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by freecocoa(f): 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
slap1:

My Dad went to visit my uncle (his close friend then) and he saw my mum's pix. He asked weather she was married. She wasn't. He told his friend that he must marry his cousin (my mum). My mum lived in Onitsha then, so my dad accompanied his friend to Onitsha for a 'visit'. . . Years later, my mum told me that the photographer that took that pix had teased her that that could be the pix that would bring her a husband. . .
Bros please I need the photographer's digits or just ask your mum the direction to his place,I need to see him ASAP,he has to take some snap shorts of someone who needs a husband sharp sharp,she go pay well.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
Paleh knew maleh rigth from teenagehood when them dey play kelekele, but im no knw say na she im go marry until wedding day reach.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
The sharp guy just meet his wife at a Bus just from Owerri to Aba, not knowing that they were from same town, after some explanation then the  journey just begin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by NET1(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2011
Popsy was a pastor in 'Deeper Life' church, Owerri.    cool  Momsy was a chorister. Popsy spotted this choir gurl and made the move.  smiley Momsy had no choice but to give in, lol .  cheesy cheesy.Remember, it was Pastor toasting her.

Anyway, marriage crashed after 14 years embarassed embarassed. I dont think I want to meet my wife in a church sad sad.

.NET
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by markjac01: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2011
dey met in preazin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nayah(f): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2011
Yes but at a certain age, because African parents are a bit reserved about everything linked to love and so on
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Fancier(f): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ OP Yes they did.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2011
REALITY101:

OP just give me 2 reason why I should share such a golden story with you.
is it b'cos they met in ashawo house wink
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by crackhouse(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
slimyem:

they met in school.he was in final year while she was a fresher.
so ur popsy played that game too. When i was in school, some of my guys played same game. They always await the freshers each session to deceive and lured into r/ship. Year 1 students, wetin dem know kwanu. They will even be excited that they are dating sb above them in class.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
mark_jac01:

dey met in preazin
 who was the criminal and who was the warder? just asking. cool cool cool cool
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2011
.NET:

Popsy was a pastor in 'Deeper Life' church, Owerri.    cool  Momsy was a chorister. Popsy spotted this choir gurl and made the move.  smiley Momsy had no choice but to give in, lol .  cheesy cheesy.Remember, it was Pastor toasting her.

Anyway, marriage crashed after 14 years embarassed embarassed. I dont think I want to meet my wife in a church sad sad.

.NET
Did they f,uck before marriage? undecided undecided undecided
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
My paternal grandpops was good friends with my maternal great-grandma and they lived in the neigbouring communities. When Pops was slaving away in a tropical rainforest all in the name of Youth Service,Grandpops seized the opportunity and proposed to mum. On behalf of dad that is. When my handsome Dad came home from the forest he took over from where his father stopped and began toasting my beautiful mum in earnest. Mum had like a gazilliön suitors then but she gave in eventually to Dad's sweet mouth and the rest is history :-D
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by crackhouse(m): 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
slap1:

and it surely did. Can i hear sb shout alleluyah.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by NET1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2011
lucenzo:

Did they f,uck before marriage?  undecided undecided undecided

If you're looking for who to insult, it definitely is not my type. You better back off, before you get smacked down. If you can't respond to a thread responsibly, then don't even type. I wont warn you again.

.NET
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Goldieluks: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
They did,yea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A 'last Born' In A Family? / Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife / Is My Wife Fvcking Her Own Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.