Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? (8107 Views)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Parents: How Do You Identify A Child's Talent? / Being The Only Child Of Your Parents: How Has It Been Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Slizbeat(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
So many kids are scared to ask their parents how they met, even when they are grown up. To them, it doesnt matter. And the parents also wont bother to tell, to them, it doesnt matter also. To me, is of great matter o0, cos when you are about getting married, your parents would want to know how you met your spouse, forgetting the fact that they did not tell you their own. grin
I have asked and gotten my reply. Mum said;
"hmm, i was forming a big hard-to-get chick at age 23 when dad came chasing her around with his Mate190 motorcyclecheesy, she also had many admirers, one of which had a car but because he was from delta(the period when the igbos dont marry outside their states) she didnt agree."

She ended up marrying dad who is not from her state, i guess it was fate.grin

Have you had the courage to ask or have they told you?

Share yours.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Freiburger(m): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
I think i'm too reserved to ask grin. But it is something i would really like to know.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
OH YES O! We don laugh dem taya!!!! Dad was in UNIBAD. . .mom was in UNILAG! Dad was 28, mom was 19. kiss
MY MOM WAS MY DAD'S SISTER'S FRIEND AND CLASSMATE. She came over to visit her friend and father saw her and NEVER SLEPT! grin
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL. . . .STILL IS! kiss

All my poor dad kept muttering to his sister was 'BADERINWA. . . see her physiognomy, BADE!!! see her physignomy'. . .His dear sister kept telliing him 'BWORDA SHOLA. . . BWORDA OLUSHOLA . . .GO AND SLEEP O! You can't handle this IGBO GAL CALLED ANWULI!!!' PHYSIOGNOMY NEARLY KILLAM KE! AND IT CAME TO PASS!!!grin

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

Very romantic! THEY NEVER STOPPED PHOCKING LIKE RABBITS! grin

BELLE STRAIGHT! 4 sssshildren in 5 years! That is minus the dude wey quench before moi o!

Only 10 months and 2 weeks separates #2 and #3. grin Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew! WHAT A LIFE! cheesy
Thank my AGNOSTIC GAAAAAAAAAAAAD FOR DIVORCES! My mom finally GOT SMART!!! grin
We for don reach 25 children from one poohsie and blokos by now. . . I WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO AMERICA BECAUSE OF EXCRUTIATING POVERTY!

My lord is good all the time!!!! cool

My mama nickname for awa house na 'PHYSIOGNOMY'!. . . The good old days I tellya! Sweeeeeeeeet memories! grin

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by achinaboy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
don`t care
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
O JES O!
Thank our lucky stars I saved all these old pictures! cool
SEE ALL MY UNCLES AND AUNTIES. . .and grand daddy who quenched. . .THANKS TO OJUKWU. angry
See as the YORUBA SIDE OF MY FAMILY 'SCATTER' LEGS LIKE BUSH WOMEN! grin

I MIZZZZZZZZZZZ MY DARLING GRANDMAS. . .BOTH OF THEM!!!! cry My dad looks just like his mom! TYPICAL ABEOKUTA STONE FACE! But still HANDSOME! cool

My darling mommy and daddy. . . THE DADDY'S SISTER IS BEHIND MY MOM! grin

Mu he he he he he

Now y'all know where WE ALL GOT OUR GOOD LOOKS! cool

Look at all the 'HAND-SUCKERS' in the family! grin Now, I know where I got that from. Mu che che che che che

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvit!!! cool

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
They met when my Dad went to her town for biz. She played hard to get then but my dad na Mr. Sharp.
Gambrosia: OH YES O! We don laugh dem taya!!!! Dad was in UNIBAD. . .mom was in UNILAG! Dad was 28, mom was 19. kiss
MY MOM WAS MY DAD'S SISTER'S FRIEND AND CLASSMATE. She came over to visit her friend and father saw her and NEVER SLEPT! grin

All my poor dad kept muttering to her sister was 'BADERINWA. . . see her physiognomy, BADE!!! see her physignomy'. . .His dear sister kept telliing him 'BWORDA SHOLA. . . BWORDA OLUSOLA. . .GO AND SLEEP O! You can't handle this IGBO GAL CALLED ANWULI!!!' PHYSIOGNOMY NEARLY KILLAM KE! AND IT CAME TO PASS!!!grin

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

BELLE STRAIGHT! 4 sssshildren in 5 years! That is minus the dude wey quench before moi o!

Onlu 10 months and 2 weeks separates #2 and #3. grin Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew! WHAT A LIFE! cheesy
We for don reach 25 children from one poohsie and blokos by now. . . I WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO AMERICA BECAUSE OF EXCRUTIATING POVERTY!

My mama nickname for awa house na 'PHYSIOGNOMY'!. . . The good old days I tellya! Sweeeeeeeeet memories! grin
speechless.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: They met when my Dad went to her town for biz. She played hard to get then but my dad na Mr. Sharp.
speechless.

What can I say?
Not all of us lived dull lives! WE KNOW WHERE WE CAME FROM!!! cool
Drama and excitement all the way!
But raised with the utmost care and love! cool
No polygamous 'bull-pens' and 'dog-outs' of OPEN NYANSH FOR Yenogoa-BORN FOR Bauchi. . .SHYTE FOR ABA-MESS FOR ZARIA DIA! tongue
No SSSSSSSSSSSSAYKIN! cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by greedie1(f): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
mum had so many suitors but wanted to be a reverend sister but one night she had a dream dat a certain dude from d neighboring villa would seek her out and that he would turn out to be her husband... she met him 3 days ltr.

dad's former teacher (mum's principal) told him abt one angelic student,they fixed a date, he paid d principal a visit and the principal called my mum and pretended to admonish her for a crime she didn't commit meanwhile my dad was busy checking her out. he liked wat he saw and wooed her....

she never made it to the convent! grin

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
I never asked my parents how they met, I suppose I would have, but they let myself and my sister know quite early, so we weren't curious to know any more.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by baby124: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
At a party. My mum was so beautiful. They took a pic that night. My dad couldn't stop staring even in the pic, the guy was trapped and lost forever. Throughout their marriage they never stopped dancing to music together in the living room. The are both terrible dancers by the way, but they cannot be convinced otherwise. Its great to have a pic of the first time they met. Priceless grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yep....My parents told us esp my mom goes nonstop and we all interrupt her to finish the story... She's always proud when she tells us how crazy in love they were..... She was a vir gin lipsrsealed and my pop didn't waste time atall grin grin

Didn't matter anyways....they parted ways in a messy way angry ....it's all good grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by KINGwax(m): 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Jamb question
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by EfemenaXY: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Slizbeat: So many kids are scared to ask their parents how they met, even when they are grown up. To them, it doesnt matter. And the parents also wont bother to tell, to them, it doesnt matter also. To me, is of great matter o0, cos when you are about getting married, your parents would want to know how you met your spouse, forgetting the fact that they did not tell you their own. grin
I have asked and gotten my reply. Mum said;
"hmm, i was forming a big hard-to-get chick at age 23 when dad came chasing her around with his Mate190 motorcyclecheesy, she also had many admirers, one of which had a car but because he was from delta(the period when the igbos dont marry outside their states) she didnt agree."

She ended up marrying dad who is not from her state, i guess it was fate.grin

Have you had the courage to ask or have they told you?

Share yours.

Yep, I did.

Way back in JSS1. Something to do with a topic on relationships as part of the Social Studies subject.

Both my parents met whilst travelling back home from their respective schools. I think they boarded the same bus/taxi. Somewhere along the way, the driver got stopped by the police / road check officials, who insisted on taking a look at the contents of each passenger's travel suitcases. My dad was impressed with how neatly my mum's stuff (clothes, undies, etc) had been neatly ironed and folded away...Kinky man! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by slimyem: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
They met in school..
Dad was in 300L while mum was in 100tongue
Na the "catch them young" style my papa employed..
They got married when she was in her finals..cheesysmiley
She was 24...and he a few years oldersmiley
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by slimyem: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gambrosia: OH YES O! We don laugh dem taya!!!! Dad was in UNIBAD. . .mom was in UNILAG! Dad was 28, mom was 19. kiss

All my poor dad kept muttering to her sister was 'BADERINWA. . . see her physiognomy, BADE!!! see her physignomy'. . .His dear sister kept telliing him 'BWORDA SHOLA. . . BWORDA OLUSOLA . . .GO AND SLEEP O! You can't handle this IGBO GAL CALLED ANWULI!!!' PHYSIOGNOMY NEARLY KILLAM KE! AND IT CAME TO PASS!!!grin

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

Only 10 months and 2 weeks separates #2 and #3. grin Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew! WHAT A LIFE! cheesy

Lmaocheesy
Callotti!!!!!
Your matter tire me!grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gambrosia hmmmm

SO how did I meet you?
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^ Lol! grin
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Agrika: 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
My mum was a very pretty young lady of 18 when she met my dad, he came to work in her Elder brother's house then since he was a student electrician then, after he left, her brother discovered that something of his was missing and my mom wasted no time in accusing my dad of being the person who stole it, so they sent people to go and call my dad, before he came, her brother later found what he was looking for, so when the people finally brought my dad, her brother jokingly said to him in igbo "come our husband where do you think you are going without paying for your wife's brideprice" and my dad laughed....fortunately my dad took the joke serious and they later got married the next year

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by tpia5: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
i think at one buka.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
My dad,and mum are twins,so they met in heaven,but formalise Ȋ̝̊̅† on earth.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Redmosquito(m): 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
My father is a great lair! Chai!
Me: Daddy! Where did u meet mummy?
Daddy: Haa! Back then, I was a very rich boy! I drive hummer jeep and enter jets! I saw your mother selling akara across the road and she started toasting me. She put sleeping medicine in my food and when I woke up she has already done marriage with me.
Me: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
My mother suddenly called out of the kitchen
Mummy: What are you telling that boy?
Daddy: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Afam4eva(m): 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Both of my parents are from the same village, so common sense should suggest that they met in the villa.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by colombiana: 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2013

All my poor dad kept muttering to his sister was 'BADERINWA. . . see her physiognomy, BADE!!! see her physignomy'. . .His dear sister kept telliing him 'BWORDA SHOLA. . . BWORDA OLUSHOLA . . .GO AND SLEEP O! You can't handle this IGBO GAL CALLED ANWULI!!!' PHYSIOGNOMY NEARLY KILLAM KE! AND IT CAME TO PASS!!!grin

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

U for just kukuma tel us dem every day discussion till now. Or best write a book about it.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
MY PARENTS WERE ARRANGE MARRIAGE. MY DAD WAS IN ENGLAND. AND HIS FAMILY SENT A NIGERIAN WOMAN TO HIM OVER THERE grin grin grin TRUE STORY

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by colombiana: 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
gree-die:
mum had so many suitors but wanted to be a reverend sister but one night she had a dream dat a certain dude from d neighboring villa would seek her out and that he would turn out to be her husband... she met him 3 days ltr.

dad's former teacher (mum's principal) told him abt one angelic student,they fixed a date, he paid d principal a visit and the principal called my mum and pretended to admonish her for a crime she didn't commit meanwhile my dad was busy checking her out. he liked wat he saw and wooed her....

she never made it to the convent! grin
Dats means ur mama na josephine the dreamer. Wow really interestin I shud send dis tale to bollywood. E

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by brainworks0001: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: MY PARENTS WERE ARRANGE MARRIAGE. MY DAD WAS IN ENGLAND. AND HIS FAMILY SENT A NIGERIAN WOMAN TO HIM OVER THERE grin grin grin TRUE STORY

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by colombiana: 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
Redmosquito: My father is a great lair! Chai!
Me: Daddy! Where did u meet mummy?
Daddy: Haa! Back then, I was a very rich boy! I drive hummer jeep and enter jets! I saw your mother selling akara across the road and she started toasting me. She put sleeping medicine in my food and when I woke up she has already done marriage with me.
Me: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
My mother suddenly called out of the kitchen
Mummy: What are you telling that boy?
Daddy: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
U shud have allowed me inhale laughin gas before readin. Mtcheww
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by tpia5: 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: MY PARENTS WERE ARRANGE MARRIAGE. MY DAD WAS IN ENGLAND. AND HIS FAMILY SENT A NIGERIAN WOMAN TO HIM OVER THERE grin grin grin TRUE STORY

you mean like fedexed.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Redmosquito(m): 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
colombiana:
U shud have allowed me inhale laughin gas before readin. Mtcheww
undecided
I was sayng the damn truth! I'm serious!
What? U were expecting to laugh? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sorry to fail u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dirty Talks During Sex!!! / Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You / Nigerian Couple In Arlington,tx In Trouble For Keeping Slaves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.