Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

did Your Parents tell You How They Met? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / did Your Parents tell You How They Met? (7246 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
Goldieluks:

They did,yea.
how? or was it in a strip club. cool cool cool
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by crackhouse(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
BCuZiMBlaCk:

Paleh knew maleh rigth from teenagehood when them dey play kelekele, but im no knw say na she im go marry until wedding day reach.
wetin be paleh and maleh?. This area boy sef,
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
.NET:

If you're looking for who to insult, it definitely is not my type. You better back off, before you get smacked down. If you can't respond to a thread responsibly, then don't even type. I wont warn you again.

.NET
 SHARRAP. Simple question, did they phock or not. yes or no.  cool cool cool cool
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by titsqueez(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
grand dad put dad on his bike and rode to the neighbouring village. Introduced him to mum and said 'this is ur wife' still going after over 30 yrs
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ Topic

They met in school (University), She was hot, he was fine. She was popular (cos she was pretty and from a well to do fam), he was hard-working (paid his way through school). Long story is they got married.

What I still find rather interesting was the fact that she said she didnt love him when they met.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by DeepSoul(f): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2011
Yes! I think it's sweet! smiley

My mum worked at NITEL and my dad was there to make some calls (or something like that)
And someone called out to my mum and they both answered cheesy

They have the same name. Awwwwwwww grin

Then he noticed her LEGS. And the rest is . . . . . .ME! Awwwww grin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nosyke(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
.NET:

Popsy was a pastor in 'Deeper Life' church, Owerri.    cool  Momsy was a chorister. Popsy spotted this choir gurl and made the move.   smiley  Momsy had no choice but to give in, lol .  cheesy cheesy.Remember, it was Pastor toasting her.

Anyway, marriage crashed after 14 years embarassed embarassed. I dont think I want to meet my wife in a church sad sad.

.NET

I'm curious, given the circumstances surrounding where and how they met.

Deep Soul:

My mum worked at NITEL and my dad was there to make some calls (or something like that)

Mehn, Your Popsy is one correct guy man grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by silibaba: 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2011
i have gone tru all the post here and i was so happy with LOVE kiss kiss. as in no much demanding then. shocked shocked

but this day before you go wet ground self, you must take her to mr biggs, buy her but take in and take away. undecided

girls, i suggest you learn from yoru mums. stop demanding before you fall in love. angry angry
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by koolkamzzy(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
They me on NL Romance Section all thanks to sheun and the rest of his crew, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by essy1(f): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
dad was a biafran soldier  winkwink,, mum, a civilian
soldier help civilian and the rest was histroy grin i tink i witness their marriage grin ; grin ;DD
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by kpolli(m): 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
koolkamzzy:

They met on NL Romance Section all thanks to sheun and the rest of his crew, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol grin grin grin grin grin

See this 5yrs old pikin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Abatulu: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
No,anyway i didn't ask,bt my mum told me hw old d fan in my house z,
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Goldieluks: 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2011
lucenzo:

Nope,did yours met in a brothel?
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by skfa1: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2011
Dont really know how my parent met but I used to hear that it was my mum`s sister that used to bring my mum to my dad for talk(u know all those talks you tell a girl at the back of her mum house cheesy).I dont know the full story tho.

My friend told me his dad and mum went to the same boarding school,on that faithful day in the borehole to fetch water,two of them argued just cos of a queue,they settled the matter and became friend,from friend to lover and from lover to marriage after school,till today they are still together with sons and daughters cheesy
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2011
nope. They met at a party and me Dad was a typical gent, blowing all his grammar smiley smiley. Me mum was the shy type while Dad was the sharp type. Only for her to discover that he wasn't a gent after all. He was just toasting and he had to be in his very best behavior. He's never serious, always joking, and mum always serious sometimes joking. And after 25 yrs, it's still a happily- ever-after story. cry cry cry cry cry

lucenzo:

Meeting in the strip club does not necessarily mean he was a player or she was a stripper. I met me babe in strip club and she was definitely not a stripper.   kiss kiss
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by skfa1: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
I met my gf inside molue grin tongue cheesy
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by markjac01: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
they met in preazin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by canuck(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
They met in school. . .He was way ahead of her, doing his post-grad, while she was a JAMBite (before the days of JAMB).

But wait o, reading all the posts so far, there is no case of:

1) GF/BF snatching

2) He wowed her with his money/flashy car

3) 2nd of 3rd wife

4) He was her driver/messenger/junior @ work and they fell in love

5) Overseas love via photos and phone calls until a few days to wedding proper

Just saying,
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Parisgoodman(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2011
canuck:

They met in school. . .He was way ahead of her, doing his post-grad, while she was a JAMBite (before the days of JAMB).

1) GF/BF snatching

3) 2nd of 3rd wife

Just saying,

U forget say internet increase the rate of lie by 200percent?
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by NET1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
canuck:

1) GF/BF snatching

3) 2nd of 3rd wife

Just saying,

A clear indication that the definition of LOVE has been changed by our generation.

.NET
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by floyet(f): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
NOT TOO PALATABLE !!!!!!

They met while mum was in secondary school (SS1), went wiv a friend to a

place, met dad there,no toasting,no chiking,just raped her and she dropped

outta school cos she was put in da family way by a 'stranger'

31 years and they av 5 kids,though mum is always bitter angry angry angry as to how they

met,she calls it FATE.Cheers!
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by blank(f): 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
My parents were in primary school together and lived on the same street. My dad used to tease my mum and pull her hair cos she was quiet and my dad was over playful. One day, she reported him and they flogged him. From there he mellowed. Later, my mum moved to Rivers state and they only used to see whenever she came home visiting.

They hooked up when my dad returned from his uni in UK and met up in Uniben where my mum was in final year and he was doing his masters. they hooked up and broke up, hooked up and broke up, and so on and so on. Then my dad heard that one permanent secretary wanted to marry my mum and then he went with his people to her parents and told them he wanted to marry their daughter (talk about preemptive strike). They called her in and asked her about the perm sec and she declined and said she wanted my dad. Then they got married, had us kids and for 30 years now, still going strong.

We are family friends with that perm sec (the guy later married after many disasters). We still tease my mum that she would av been married to one yellow pawpaw.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by usbcable(m): 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
Dad was a young headmaster in the town primary school and Mum was a very young teacher.

The rest of the story was not told.

even after seven kids have been produced therefrom.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by daviesmania(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2011
My old man neva tell me how him tek mit im babe o. But anoda pason don tel me, na only how im tek syk-am wey no no!
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
My dad met my mom at her cousin's wedding. He was her cousin's friend. My mom was talking to the bride when my dad came to congratulate the couple and they got introduced and the paroling continued from there.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by ariyebaba(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
GARDEN OF EDEN.
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by lepasharon(f): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
Deep Soul:

awww cheesy
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by babseg(m): 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2011
They met on Facebook
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by member479760: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2011
bear parlor!
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Natasha2(f): 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
yap my mum did
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by otiigba1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
yes they did, my father was a traffic warden, foturnately for him he gave my mother a ticket and after the agurment about the ticket, they got talking and then took it from there before you could say hey!!! they are aready married grin grin grin grin how romantic grin grin grin grin
Re: did Your Parents tell You How They Met? by Yeske2(m): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2011
My parents' case was an arrangee stuff by thier parents. Grand parents now and inseperable, i envy them sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Old Are You? / I Divorced My Nigerian Husband / SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.