Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead (58198 Views)

Photos Of National Funeral Ceremony Of Late Dim Chukwuemeka Odunmegwu Ojukwu / Video:body Of Late Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Arrivin Imo State With Rochas Ok / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by okosodo: 5:41am On Nov 27, 2011
Ojukwu the great.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by cold(m): 5:45am On Nov 27, 2011
Probably this pic would add another 10 pages smiley

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by otondo55: 5:53am On Nov 27, 2011
The Mighty, The legend of Africa and our world !
Greatly we shall miss you, God is the ultimate life giver and taker.
Go in peace, good night ! You lives on in our Heart.
May your Soul Rest in Perfect Peace.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by manny4life(m): 6:04am On Nov 27, 2011
A great leader and front runner has fallen; God will grant you eternal peace,

Please people, you guys should ignore derogatory comments; such comments are meant to spur anger and spite so the thread can be a battle ground for insults. Respect the thread and ignore silly comments. They say, the best answer to a fool is SILENCE.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 27, 2011
Ojukwu was a spectacular failure in life and death.  He failed more than failure. He failed where even the weak succeeded.
His actions in life portrayed him as someone who lacked in depth thinking.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by otokx(m): 6:20am On Nov 27, 2011
alexleo and jason123 are some of the few that speak truth.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by OgidiBoy(m): 6:28am On Nov 27, 2011
We just lost the biggest hero in igboland,may he rip.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by toblosky(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Not really for likes of you that your heart is already harden and cannot listen to the voice of reasoning. I am trying to get across to the younger generations on the actual facts that happened and how to resolve issues before it escalates to that of the 60's. Of course I know you to be an Ojukwu die hard fan just like many Igbos today and even the diaspora.

If one thing at all, the fact, I repeat the fact remains Ojukwu was no Hero and would NEVER be.

neither was he a bad person but he had ego and pride and it lead to his down fall.
how old is your grand father then or do you think that i didn,t know your father have not been born grin grin grin anyway my blame goes to microsoft.its a computer age,anybody can type.My only assessment of you is"[b]Either your grandfather is a lier or your have a bad history teacher grin grin grin.
bayooooooo:

Ojukwu was a spectacular failure in life and death.  He failed more than failure. He failed where even the weak succeeded.
His actions in life portrayed him as someone who lacked in depth thinking.

[/b]Define failure and success b4 i get back to you cheesy cheesy
manny4life:

A great leader and front runner has fallen; God will grant you eternal peace,

Please people, you guys should ignore derogatory comments; such comments are meant to spur anger and spite so the thread can be a battle ground for insults. Respect the thread and ignore silly comments. They say, the best answer to a fool is SILENCE.

DAALU ORU cool cool
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by malele(m): 6:33am On Nov 27, 2011
Rip my fellow biafran
sad
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 27, 2011
"Okay," he beamed, "the Germans just know how war works. Tonight there is a front-party in my headquarters. You will come! An order is an order!"

This interview with the most important man in the Nigerian war took place at night. Whisky and beer were abundant, uniformed go-go girls played DJ, Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named "Ojukwu".

STERN: Your friends in the federal government of Lagos call you the "bloodhound of Nigeria". You are chasing a whole people. You kill everything.

ADEKUNLE: Europeans are awful. They always generalize. My troops have kept prisoners. You have had a chance to convince yourself of this.

STERN: I only saw one prisoner, a fifteen-year old boy.

ADEKUNLE: There you are! In addition I want to emphasize that we do not murder all people who no longer want to remain members of the Nigeria Federation.

STERN: Does that mean that you do not want the extinction of the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: The nation which the Ibos founded under the name of Biafra on May 30, 1967 is not a pure Ibo-federation. You Europeans should really know that by now. Seven million Ibos and five million other population groups are living now in the 80% overpopulated Biafra: Ibibios, Ijaws, Kalabaris, Ekios, Efiks, and Annangs. These minority populations in the Ibo nation have always hated the Ibos. Therefore they jubilantly welcome the liberation of their areas through federal troops.

STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: We aim at everything that moves.

STERN: Small children tend not to stay put for very long.

ADEKUNLE: I know. I have two myself.

STERN: What will your troops do when you get to the Ibo heartland, that is, to the place populated by Ibos only?

ADEKUNLE: There we will aim at everything even if it is not moving.

STERN: Are you racist?

ADEKUNLE: You should know exactly where racists are. There is no such thing as racism in Nigeria.

STERN: But why are you refusing to discuss this war with a European?

ADEKUNLE: Let me tell you something: When the Russians surrounded Stalingrad did you request a land corridor from them so as to better feed your soldiers who were stuck in the pot there? Of course you didn’t and I can tell from your face that you think the thought of a land corridor to bring in food for the captured German soldiers in Stalingrad is a bad joke. Me too. Where and when, …………., was there a war in which the loser was re-nourished one more time before the final loss? Why are you just calling for a land corridor for Biafra? Why aren’t you calling for a land corridor for the Viet Kong? I have to declare: You Europeans are simply not competent!
STERN: What is happening to the European Humanitarian Assistance programs which were authorized through your government?

ADEKUNLE: In the section of the front that I rule—and that is the whole south front from Lagos to the border of Kamerun—I do not want to see the Red Cross, Caritas Aid, World Church delegation, Pope, Missionary, or UN delegation.

STERN: Does that mean that the many thousands of tons of food that are stored in Lagos will never get to the refugee camps in your section of the country?

ADEKUNLE: You are a sharp one, my friend. That’s exactly what I am saying.

STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Ibos.

ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.

STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British, which is "sorry"! That’s how I want to respond to your question. I did not want this war but I want to win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry!
The End.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Relax101(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2011
^^^^Was he normal when He said all those. There's a clear difference between a trained soldier and a tout who brandishes a gun.
bayooooooo:

"Okay," he beamed, "the Germans just know how war works. Tonight there is a front-party in my headquarters. You will come! An order is an order!"

This interview with the most important man in the Nigerian war took place at night. Whisky and beer were abundant, uniformed go-go girls played DJ, Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named "Ojukwu".

STERN: Your friends in the federal government of Lagos call you the "bloodhound of Nigeria". You are chasing a whole people. You kill everything.

ADEKUNLE: Europeans are awful. They always generalize. My troops have kept prisoners. You have had a chance to convince yourself of this.

STERN: I only saw one prisoner, a fifteen-year old boy.

ADEKUNLE: There you are! In addition I want to emphasize that we do not murder all people who no longer want to remain members of the Nigeria Federation.

STERN: Does that mean that you do not want the extinction of the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: The nation which the Ibos founded under the name of Biafra on May 30, 1967 is not a pure Ibo-federation. You Europeans should really know that by now. Seven million Ibos and five million other population groups are living now in the 80% overpopulated Biafra: Ibibios, Ijaws, Kalabaris, Ekios, Efiks, and Annangs. These minority populations in the Ibo nation have always hated the Ibos. Therefore they jubilantly welcome the liberation of their areas through federal troops.

STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: We aim at everything that moves.

STERN: Small children tend not to stay put for very long.

ADEKUNLE: I know. I have two myself.

STERN: What will your troops do when you get to the Ibo heartland, that is, to the place populated by Ibos only?

ADEKUNLE: [b]There we will aim at everything even if it is not moving.

STERN: Are you racist?

ADEKUNLE: You should know exactly where racists are. There is no such thing as racism in Nigeria.

STERN: But why are you refusing to discuss this war with a European?

ADEKUNLE: Let me tell you something: When the Russians surrounded Stalingrad did you request a land corridor from them so as to better feed your soldiers who were stuck in the pot there? Of course you didn’t and I can tell from your face that you think the thought of a land corridor to bring in food for the captured German soldiers in Stalingrad is a bad joke. Me too. Where and when, …………., was there a war in which the loser was re-nourished one more time before the final loss? Why are you just calling for a land corridor for Biafra? Why aren’t you calling for a land corridor for the Viet Kong? I have to declare: You Europeans are simply not competent!
STERN: What is happening to the European Humanitarian Assistance programs which were authorized through your government?

ADEKUNLE: In the section of the front that I rule—and that is the whole south front from Lagos to the border of Kamerun—I do not want to see the Red Cross, Caritas Aid, World Church delegation, Pope, Missionary, or UN delegation.

STERN: Does that mean that the many thousands of tons of food that are stored in Lagos will never get to the refugee camps in your section of the country?

ADEKUNLE: You are a sharp one, my friend. That’s exactly what I am saying.

STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Ibos.

ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.
[/b]
STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British, which is "sorry"! That’s how I want to respond to your question. I did not want this war but I want to win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry!
The End.

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2011
Relax101:

^^^^Was he normal when He said all those. There's a clear difference between a trained soldier and a tout who brandishes a gun.

He was a well trained soldier and clearly understood that in war, all is justified. He knew the key weakness of Biafra as declared and promptly worked on it.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Edmed: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2011
D g8t warlord is gone!We shall miss u,rest in d bossom of d Lord,Amen.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Relax101(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

He was a well trained soldier and clearly understood that in war, all is justified. He knew the key weakness of Biafra as declared and promptly worked on it.

He wasnt the only one fighting the war. But he kept making statements that would put him behind bars or possibly an execution!
Did you see any othe persons making lousy statements like the way He did?
If there's one, put it up!

He had so much joy and pride starving igbos and killing everything including the lifeless in Igboland. Is that normal thing to do?
Anywhere, He is now, He will live in nightmares for life. Let him keep shut for life!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by guonno: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2011
OJUKWU! OJUKWU! OJUKWU! Ula ka ina lalu, iwunranwu. The god of igbo. My tears will never stop flowing untill u tell me it is well, that you are satisfied.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2011
He wasn't and couldn't have been the only one, but he led a very successful unit.

You don't have to be bitter about it. It's ok. There should not have been war in the first place. As for Adekunle role, it was just simple and straight forward. Infact, war can solely be won on propaganda alone and so there was nothing wrong giving  interview during war in as much that it would not endanger your troops.

Honestly, in a warfare, you should not expect help and to be specific food from the very enemy you are fighting. It's just logical.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by akins56(m): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2011
Finaly another darken rahl has shamefully left d word.go and meet d millions dat died because of ur silly idea of creating an independent impossible biafran nation.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Relax101(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

He wasn't and couldn't have been the only one, but he led a very successful unit.

You don't have to be bitter about it. It's ok. There should not have been war in the first place. As for Adekunle role, it was just simple and straight forward. Infact, war can solely be won on propaganda alone and so there was nothing wrong giving  interview during war in as much that it would not endanger your troops.

Honestly, in a warfare, you should not expect help and to be specific food from the very enemy you are fighting. It's just logical.

One thing you seem not to understand is that, majority of the people killed by the federal fighters were civilians. I mean civilians not military personnel.
Except you want me to believe civilians can be killed in war by opposing forces. If it is done with intent then it is[b] pure[/b] genocide like what He(Adekunle) boastfully said.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

you are just a failure yourself,
for sitting down at home all your freaking a$$hole life
waiting for Ojukwu's Death , not only to show how expensive stoooooooopid are you
rather the Lack of Knowledge and exposure the  teacher that taught you in History were grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Challas(m): 7:34am On Nov 27, 2011
Edmed:

D g8t warlord is gone!We shall miss u,rest in d bossom of d Lord,Amen.

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:37am On Nov 27, 2011
akins56:

Finaly another darken rahl has shamefully left d word.go and meet d millions dat died because of your silly idea of creating an independent impossible biafran nation.
Cheat for Free Browsing and the person that allowed to use his of her desktop also contributed
for allowing you to access to internet and type Rubbis.h
ediotic writeup  angry angry angry angry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

you are just a failure yourself,
for sitting down at home all your freaking a$$hole life
waiting for Ojukwu's Death , not only to show how expensive stoooooooopid are you
rather the Lack of Knowledge and exposure the  teacher that taught you in History were grin grin grin grin

You are not just mentally lazy, you are equally socially unexposed and greatly lacking in well mannerisms.

What history?
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

You are not just mentally lazy, you are equally socially unexposed and greatly lacking in well mannerisms.

What history?
You are hitiing this twerp too hard.Please take it easy on him cuz he just lost his villain.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by ismhab(m): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2011
thank god, the bastard, devil and evil is no longer to be found on our soil.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

What history?
i wouldn't also blame telecom operation in Nigeria
rather NEPA for giving you  light to type nonsens.e here
who is Ojukwu under government authority to make decision,
the thousands of people killed was as result freedom struggle
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2011
ismhab:

thank god, the bastard, devil and evil is no longer to be found on our soil.
do you have soil grin grin grin grin
check your country of origin well oooooooo
perhaps Gabon grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 27, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

over 2 million people died for a greedy agenda of a spoilt brat and you called it collateral damage ? You should be locked up in a gas chamber to die !
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You are[b] hitiing[/b] this twerp too hard.Please take it easy on him cuz he just lost his villain.
check your spellings Ofe Mmanu abeg grin grin grin
or you don't have extra bundle to browse
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 27, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

I type where there is no NEPA! Your assumption is wrong. Which freedom struggle?

1. Based on geography alone, he should not have declared war without some sort of understanding with the West. He knew the whole North as constituted was not only bigger that the West and the East but they also controlled the military. Ojukwu did not have an army that was technologically superior to Nigeria's to neutralise that advantage.  An alliance between East and West would have made North land locked and could proved disastrous for the North. Besides, he arrogated the whole eastern region to Ibos. The minorities were not carried along and that proved a significant weakness during the war as the Igbo hinterlands were effectively rendered landlocked.

2.War is simply not between two parties. Read the history of the world. Nations will take side either directly or indirectly. USSR, Britain and US, the major powers of the sixties, were on the side of Nigeria. Two months into the war, he was making pan african speeches when he had not established a country. His intelligence was clearly overestimated. He was not brilliant and I am greatly pained that he passed through Oxford.

3.War is not a mario game or football where you expect a fair play. Didn't US use atomic bomb against Japan? Was it considered unfair? You can be provoked, harassed and even humiliated. But don't declare war unless you are at least 65% sure of victory or you are clearly going for suicide.
He simply wasted millions of lives of his people and made heroes out of Adekunle, Buhari and Obasanjo.

He was iconic but certainly not heroic!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by kcblast(m): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry  one thing is 4 sure,ur effort will never be in vain, Biafrans rise vp!!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by akins56(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2011
Ojukwu d evil tyrant,foolish man who led his foolish,brainless,porverty stricken,gullible people to a uncalled for war that they can never win against a whole giant of africa,is dat not silly.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2011
bayooooooo:

I type where there is no NEPA! Your assumption is wrong. Which freedom struggle?

1. Based on geography alone, he should not have declared war without some sort of understanding with the West. He knew the whole North as constituted was not only bigger that the West and the East but they also controlled the military. Ojukwu did not have an army that was technologically superior to Nigeria's to neutralise that advantage.  An alliance between East and West would have made North land locked and could proved disastrous for the North. Besides, he arrogated the whole eastern region to Ibos. The minorities were not carried along and that proved a significant weakness during the war as the Igbo hinterlands were effectively rendered landlocked.

2.War is simply not between two parties. Read the history of the world. Nations will take side either directly or indirectly. USSR, Britain and US, the major powers of the sixties, were on the side of Nigeria. Two months into the war, he was making pan african speeches when he had not established a country. His intelligence was clearly overestimated. He was not brilliant and I am greatly pained that he passed through Oxford.

3.War is not a mario game or football where you expect a fair play. Didn't US use atomic bomb against Japan? Was it considered unfair? You can be provoked, harassed and even humiliated. But don't declare war unless you are at least 65% sure of victory or you are clearly going for suicide.
He simply wasted millions of lives of his people and made heroes out of Adekunle, Buhari and Obasanjo.

He was iconic but certainly not heroic!
Iconic as hitler and osama bin laden ? Lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply)

Ganduje's Bribe: Pupils Protest 'Jaafar Jaafar, Your Video Will Not Stop Us...' / Kidnappers' Hideout Bursted By Imo State Police (Pictures) / Video Of Dino Melaye, Hushpuppi And Timi Frank Laughing At A Party In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.