Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22552 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Akan(m): 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
real shange

na u be eeiidiot. The anang who shared thesame border with present day Abia fought were the only ones who fought with ur Ojukwu hence the battle of ikot ekpene. The rest of Akwa ibom or Cross river at the time fought with the nigerian army. unamikot
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by 9icelag: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
Ojukwu did not behave like a professional soldier,he did not do his appreciation well, war is not the same as hold up, u dont go to war without logistic, he got carried away as such caused the probe, can u imagine fighting with machete
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
Akan:

real shange

na u be eeiidiot. The anang who shared thesame border with present day Abia fought were the only ones who fought with your Ojukwu hence the battle of ikot ekpene. The rest of Akwa ibom or Cross river at the time fought with the nigerian army. unamikot
ETI

Apam na gode

That is all we need to hear

thank you

http://www.dawodu.com/barrack5.htm
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
fake akwa ibomite, you need to digest this:

The late General (Effiong) was awarded Associate Member of the British Institute of Management (AMBIM). on completion of his ordnance training. He became the first Nigerian Commander of the Ordnance Depot in Yaba, Lagos in 1962, and the first Nigerian Director of Ordnance Services of the Nigerian Army in 1963. He was a Lieutenant Colonel when the country became very unstable after the first coup of January 15, 1966. Major General Aguiyi Ironsi emerged Head of State after the coup was foiled. Effiong was posted to Supreme Headquarters in Lagos as the first Principal Staff Officer. In July 1966 after the counter coup that toppled Ironsi, Effiong was posted to Kaduna as Acting Brigade Commander of the 1st Brigade, Nigerian Army. Several attempts were made on Effiong's life as the country became increasingly very unstable. He finally returned to Enugu on the directive that all military officers redeploy to their regions of origin.

With the end of the war in 1970, Efiong went into business. He was married with 8 children. The late General recounting his experiences during the war to the press in a June 1996 interview, said "I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name.Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. I’m denied everything; No gratuity no pension. Nothing. I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. I never shot anybody, all I did was as a military personnel and officer, I trained soldiers who went to the bush to fight.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
Akan:

real shange

na u be eeiidiot. [b]The anang who shared thesame border with present day Abia fought were the only ones who fought with your Ojukwu [/b]hence the battle of ikot ekpene. The rest of Akwa ibom or Cross river at the time fought with the nigerian army. unamikot

bold face lie. another proof that you are not from akwa ibom state. keep guessing.
btw i know you are alj_harem. awusa foool

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
biafran surrender speech by general phillip effiong:

Fellow Countrymen,

As you know, I was asked to be the officer administering the Government of this republic on the 10th of January, 1970. Since then, I know that some of you have been waiting to hear a statement from me. I have had extensive consultations with the leaders of the community, both military and civil, and I am now encouraged and hasten to make this statement to you by the mandate of the Armed Forces and the people of this country. I have assumed the leadership of the Government.

Throughout history, injured people have had to resort to arms in their self-defense where peaceful negotiations fail. We are no exception. We took up arms because of the sense of insecurity generated in our people by the events of 1966. We have fought in defense of that cause.

I take this opportunity to congratulate officers and men of our Armed Forces for their gallantry and bravery which had for them the admiration of the whole world. I thank the civil population for their steadfastness and courage in the face of overwhelming odds and starvation. I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end. Our people are now disillusioned and those elements of the old Government regime who have made negotiations and reconciliation impossible have voluntarily removed themselves from our midst.

I have therefore instructed an orderly disengagement of troops. I am dispatching emissaries to make contact with Nigeria's field commanders in places like Onitsha, Owerri, Awka, Enugu and Calabar with a view to arranging armistice. I urge General Gowon, in the name of humanity, to order his troops to pause while an armistice is negotiated in order to avoid the mass suffering caused by the movement of population.

We have always believed that our differences with Nigeria should be settled by peaceful negotiations. A delegation of our people is therefore ready to meet representatives of Nigeria Federal Government anywhere to negotiate a peaceful settlement on the basis of OAU resolutions. The delegation will consist of the Chief Justice, Sir Louis Mbanefo as leader, Professor Eni Njoku, Mr. J. I. Emembolu, [b]Chief A. E. Bassey [/b]and Mr. E. Aguma. The delegation will have full authority to negotiate on our behalf.

I have appointed a council to advise me on the Government of the country. It consists of the Chief Justice, Sir Louis Mbanefo, Brigadier P. C. Amadi (Army), Brigadier C. A. Nwawo (Army), Captain W. A. Anuku (Navy), Wing Commander J. I. Ezeilo (Air Force), Inspector-General of Police, Chief P. I. Okeke, Mr. J. I Emembolu (Attorney-General), Professor Eni Njoku, Dr. I. Eke, [b]Chief A. E. Udofia, Chief Frank Opigo [/b]and Chief J. M. Echeruo. Any question of government in exile is repudiated by our people.

Civilian population are hereby advised to remain calm and cooperate with the the Armed Forces and the Police in the maintenance of law and order. They should remain in their homes and stop mass movements which have increased suffering and loss of lives.

On behalf of our people, I thank those foreign Governments and friends who have steadfastly given us support in our cause. We shall continue to count on their continued help and counsel. I also thank His Holiness the Pope, the Joint Church Aid and other relief organizations, for the help they have given for the relief of suffering and starvation. I appeal to all Governments to give urgent help for relief and to prevail on the Federal Military Government to order their troops to stop all military operations.

May God help us all.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
now who is the fool? lol
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Akan(m): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
real shege

when u find out the difference between Ibibio and Annang come back and talk . And to think i thought u were going to quote something reasonable. mcheeew
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Akan:

real shege

[b]when u find out the difference between Ibibio and Annang [/b]come back and talk . And to think i thought u were going to quote something reasonable. mcheeew

so now you are divvying up akwa ibom state to suit your depraved mind? i'll wait until two states emerge from there before discriminating. btw i know you are yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2011
realchange:

bold face lie. another proof that you are not from akwa ibom state. keep guessing.
btw i know you are alj_harem. awusa foool

alj harem again shocked shocked shocked when did alj harem become akwa ibom ?

realchange:

so now you are divvying up akwa ibom state to suit your depraved mind? i'll wait until two states emerge from there before discriminating. btw[b] i know you are yoruba. [/b]

Yoruba again grin grin grin shege shege shege !!!!! grin grin grin I go wound for Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
Akan:

real shege

when u find out the difference between Ibibio and Annang come back and talk . And to think i thought u were going to quote something reasonable. mcheeew

dude speak your language so they would believe you are not me o or yoruba

This people on nairaland self-service on yoruba and alj harem everyday LOL

please proof to us you are not alj harem or yoruba. thank I would be grateful
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2011
realchange:

so now you are divvying up akwa ibom state to suit your depraved mind? i'll wait until two states emerge from there before discriminating. btw i know you are yoruba.

BTW are you not the people boasting to be well travelled while the yorubas NEVER LEAVE THE SW nigeria

How come the so called yorubas know so much about the east grin grin Or is it because they are not noise makers ?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Akan(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
real shege

Akwa Ibom will never be part of the Igbos no matter how many wet deams u have about it. It will remain a wet dream but look on the bright side, at least u get to c.um lol
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
Akamu(sperm@tozoa) ewww!

here is your trophy

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
another one

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by olapluto(m): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
"I have to kill the Ibos—sorry"
Stern reporter Randolph Baumann spoke with the General of the Nigerian front troops.
If you want to get to know the devil of Africa, just ask for Adekunle. He is the man who is responsible for the death of 100,000 Ibo people". The man who provided this tip to Randolph Baumann, the Stern reporter, was Mister Ikpa, the official representative of the Republic of Biafra in Lisbon. Mister Ikpa knew even more: "Adekunle does not like journalists. He had a man from England who disagreed with him shaved bald, do an hour of push-ups, and write one-thousand times: I am a crappy Englishman and don’t have a say in Nigeria".

Having been thus forewarned, the Stern reporter flew to Port Harcourt, a big Biafra harbor city in the midst of a swamp and in the oil field of the Niger-delta, and requested an interview from the "devil" Benjamin Adekunle.

Major Adekunle, 28-years old, General of the Nigerian troops on the South front sat enthroned behind the General’s desk of the Shell administration, which he had made into his main station when he took the Ibo-city by storm on May 18. Now he stated: "I am convinced you will report objectively and keep to our orders." We confirmed that.

"Okay," he beamed, "the Germans just know how war works. Tonight there is a front-party in my headquarters. You will come! An order is an order!"

This interview with the most important man in the Nigerian war took place at night. Whisky and beer were abundant, uniformed go-go girls played DJ, Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named "Ojukwu".

STERN: Your friends in the federal government of Lagos call you the "bloodhound of Nigeria". You are chasing a whole people. You kill everything.

ADEKUNLE: Europeans are awful. They always generalize. My troops have kept prisoners. You have had a chance to convince yourself of this.

STERN: I only saw one prisoner, a fifteen-year old boy.

ADEKUNLE: There you are! In addition I want to emphasize that we do not murder all people who no longer want to remain members of the Nigeria Federation.

STERN: Does that mean that you do not want the extinction of the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: The nation which the Ibos founded under the name of Biafra on May 30, 1967 is not a pure Ibo-federation. You Europeans should really know that by now. Seven million Ibos and five million other population groups are living now in the 80% overpopulated Biafra: Ibibios, Ijaws, Kalabaris, Ekios, Efiks, and Annangs. These minority populations in the Ibo nation have always hated the Ibos. Therefore they jubilantly welcome the liberation of their areas through federal troops.

STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: We aim at everything that moves.

STERN: Small children tend not to stay put for very long.

ADEKUNLE: I know. I have two myself.

STERN: What will your troops do when you get to the Ibo heartland, that is, to the place populated by Ibos only?

ADEKUNLE: There we will aim at everything even if it is not moving.

STERN: Are you racist?

ADEKUNLE: You should know exactly where racists are. There is no such thing as racism in Nigeria.

STERN: But why are you refusing to discuss this war with a European?

ADEKUNLE: Let me tell you something: When the Russians surrounded Stalingrad did you request a land corridor from them so as to better feed your soldiers who were stuck in the pot there? Of course you didn’t and I can tell from your face that you think the thought of a land corridor to bring in food for the captured German soldiers in Stalingrad is a bad joke. Me too. Where and when, …………., was there a war in which the loser was re-nourished one more time before the final loss? Why are you just calling for a land corridor for Biafra? Why aren’t you calling for a land corridor for the Viet Kong? I have to declare: You Europeans are simply not competent!
STERN: What is happening to the European Humanitarian Assistance programs which were authorized through your government?

ADEKUNLE: In the section of the front that I rule—and that is the whole south front from Lagos to the border of Kamerun—I do not want to see the Red Cross, Caritas Aid, World Church delegation, Pope, Missionary, or UN delegation.

STERN: Does that mean that the many thousands of tons of food that are stored in Lagos will never get to the refugee camps in your section of the country?

ADEKUNLE: You are a sharp one, my friend. That’s exactly what I am saying.

STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Ibos.

ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.

STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British, which is "sorry"! That’s how I want to respond to your question. I did not want this war but I want to win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry!
The End.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by olapluto(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
Tell me one reason why we dont have such fine officers in Nigerian army anymore? This is a man I am very proud of. If we have 10 of this man, I think we can invade all West African countries, Bravo Black Scorpion
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 12:04am On Nov 30, 2011
ola_pluto:

Tell me one reason why we dont have such fine officers in Nigerian army anymore? This is a man I am very proud of. If we have 10 of this man, I think we can invade all West African countries, Bravo Black Scorpion
Why do you want to find such a man upon returning to Nigeria was promoted in military ranks despite failing all his courses abroad. What a block head.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Akan(m): 12:19am On Nov 30, 2011
The one thing i agree with Adekunle in that interview is he got it right when he said the Ibibios, Efiks Kalabari etc have a strong hatred for the Igbos. That is a fact
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 12:41am On Nov 30, 2011
Akan:

The one thing i agree with Adekunle in that interview is he got it right when he said the Ibibios, Efiks Kalabari etc have a strong hatred for the Igbos. That is a fact
In the U.K, The Irish, The Scots, and The Welsh all hate England. Yet England is the richest, England is the largest, and England is still growing and doing better than all of them put together.
Now go and educate Adekunle.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 12:45am On Nov 30, 2011
Andre Uweh:

In the U.K, The Irish, The Scots, and The Welsh all hate England. Yet England is the richest, England is the largest, and England is still growing and doing better than all of them put together.
Now go and educate Adekunle.

haha!

now read this:

STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: We aim at everything that moves.

STERN: Small children tend not to stay put for very long.

ADEKUNLE: I know. I have two myself.

i rest my case cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by adamaw2tuf: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2011
A PAID AGENT,YOU CAN CLAIM AKAN THE AKWA IBOMITE OR OKIJA JUJU,ONYOCHA.CHI101 AND HONDREDS OF OTHER USERNAMES THE WAY YOU WISH.ONE THING FOR IS YOUR SMELLY @SS WILL KEEP BEING BURSTED YOU MAD PIG HUUR HUUR.
alj_harem:

BTW are you not the people boasting to be well travelled while the yorubas NEVER LEAVE THE SW nigeria

How come the so called yorubas know so much about the east grin grin Or is it because they are not noise makers ?

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2011
adenkunle may have hated ibos, he equally hated all minorities in the east.

he killed both ibo and minorities. beats me how a fake minority would praise a man who killed his people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2011
adamaw2tuf:

A PAID AGENT,YOU CAN CLAIM AKAN THE AKWA IBOMITE OR OKIJA JUJU,ONYOCHA.CHI101 AND HONDREDS OF OTHER USERNAMES THE WAY YOU WISH.ONE THING FOR IS YOUR SMELLY @SS WILL KEEP BEING BURSTED YOU MAD PIG HUUR HUUR.

he thinks he is deceiving anyone
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 12:50am On Nov 30, 2011
Remii:

please explain highlighted portion. I thought Ojukwu declared independence or secession of Eastern region from Nigeria then took up the name Biafra, what do you call that?

You answered your own question.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 12:51am On Nov 30, 2011
realchange:

adenkunle may have hated ibos, he equally hated all minorities in the east.

he killed both ibo and minorities. beats me how a fake minority would praise a man who killed his people.
Don't mind the confused souls.
Anyway, I blame the corrupt Nigeria that promoted a block head Adekunle when he returned from a course abroad having failed all the modules he attempted.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by olapluto(m): 12:52am On Nov 30, 2011
Adekunle was a true Nigerian. He fought to keep Nigeria one. In some of his letters, he begged the government to do good things to South East because it was a mess then. Young and old men were all druggies,
And NO. He did not fail his modules. He passed all. Sandhurst is not Abia state university. You do not fail in Sandhurst and graduate. He was a fine fine officer.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by olapluto(m): 12:53am On Nov 30, 2011
Britain

Prior to Sandhurst, cadets were sent to Mons Officer Cadet School in the UK for a period of three months. The objective of the Mons training was to separate cadets for either a long or a short training course. The older cadets were sent on the short course, while the younger or more able cadets were sent to Sandhurst. The Mons training was to be my first experience outside my native country and nothing in my interactions with expatriates in Africa prepared me for the culture shock I experienced in those first few months in Britain.

The first shock was the freezing cold. However, this was a condition that I could and did adapt to. What was harder to adapt to was the overt and covert racism that infected the entire British society. There are several facets of racism: first, the conviction that blacks were innately inferior to whites and secondly, an intolerance for blacks who failed to conform to a restricted number of stereotypes. From my observations, there were two acceptable 'African Types'; the 'funny' African who grinned incessantly and was incapable of taking offense and secondly, the 'ignorant' African, who understood nothing, appreciated his own ignorance, and was profoundly grateful for whatever attention was bestowed on him by the all knowing Whites.

The examination period arrived and again, I was filled with anxiety about my chances of success given the sour relationship between the instructors and myself. Other Nigerian officers who were contemporaries at Mons were Chukuka, Idiaja, Nnadi, Obasanjo and Adegoke. Once again, my fears promise to be unfounded. I passed the Mons examination and was confirmed for Sandhurst in January of 1959.

I considered my selection for the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst to be an honour and a privilege. To my mind, Sandhurst was the best military institution in the World. Not all the Mons graduates were so privileged - for example, while Adegoke, Idiaja, and Chakuka and I was selected, Obasanjo was not. He finished at Mons and returned home.

In later years, I attributed some of the actions of my former course mates in the national arena, especially with regard to their colleagues, to the need to assuage feelings of inferiority which many have sprung from having been publicly adjudged and labeled inadequate in the midst of their cohorts.

I was at Sandhurst for two years (1959 and 1961) and registered for the course with three hundred odd cadets. In addition to the physical training, officers where imbued with a thorough academic grounding in the art of warfare. The ultimate purpose of our training was to produce not the stereotype officer, but the dynamic officer. Character development was an integral part of the course and this was brought home to me in the first week.

Before I left Sandhurst, our College Commander invited me for an interview. He examined me closely about my 'unorthodox' political positions, my views on his institution, and my opinions of the training that I had just completed. In our final report, Sandhurst cadets were required to make a self-assessment of their officer qualities, which was then graded by their instructor. My final report and grade contained some of the two familiar complaints about my 'attitude'. Since the report had already been written (and passed me, notwithstanding) I felt at liberty to give the Commander an unedited piece of my mind on every subject he raised.

Far from being satisfied with my responses and desirous I think, of modifying my views, he suggested an extension of the 'interview' over dinner. We talked far into the night, and I conveyed my amazement that an institution would teach a course which mutilated the pride and self worth of some of the cadets and yet expect no reaction.

On the whole however, I enjoyed the period at Sandburst. The skills I picked up, particularly on the 'Tactics' course, (my favorite ), were to prove invaluable to me in later life.

My encounter with British military institutions did not end there. Two further courses were arranged for me in accordance with my selection. The first was at the School of Infantry at Warminster, and the second was at the School of the Tactical Wing. And so ended my military training in Britain.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tpia5: 12:55am On Nov 30, 2011
@ photo

i suppose some will say philip effiong's wife isnt mixed?

another black nigerian of unacknowledged mixed ancestry?

and effiong himself wasnt mixed?

seriously, the number of non-blacks and mixed people involved in that war was astounding.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 12:56am On Nov 30, 2011
ola_pluto:

Adekunle was a true Nigerian. He fought to keep Nigeria one. In some of his letters, he begged the government to do good things to South East because it was a mess then. Young and old men were all druggies,
And NO. He did not fail his modules. He passed all. Sandhurst is not Abia state university. You do not fail in Sandhurst and graduate. He was a fine fine officer.
His name is no where in the lists of Nigerian officers that graduated from Sandhurst.
Believe me, he failed everything and came back to Nigeria empty handed. Why do we reward failures such as Adekunle?.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by adamaw2tuf: 1:02am On Nov 30, 2011
TRY AGAIN IS NOT WORKING AT ALL,KEEP POSTING SHIOT WITH MULTIPLE USERNAMES AND THEN YOU WILL REPLY WITH ALHJ BOKO HAREM SHAMELESS NAIRALAND ASHAWO KEEP JUMPING FROM ONE THREAD TO ANOTHER DIRTY PIG.
alj_harem:

alj harem again shocked shocked shocked when did alj harem become akwa ibom ?

Yoruba again grin grin grin shege shege shege !!!!! grin grin grin I go wound for Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 1:05am On Nov 30, 2011
tpia@:

@ photo

i suppose some will say philip effiong's wife isnt mixed?

another black nigerian of unacknowledged mixed ancestry?

and effiong himself wasnt mixed?

seriously, the number of non-blacks and mixed people involved in that war was astounding.

You're from South western Nigeria, where everyone's looks go towards Benin/Togolese so you wouldn't be used to these looks. This is eastern Nigeria. The woman is of foreign descent. Everyone else is not mixed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times / Assets Declaration: Supreme Court Upholds Saraki’s Appeal, Frees Him Of Charges / 2019: Five PDP Governors Seeking Deal With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.