Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22567 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
ak47mann:

i hope in your sick perverted Yoruba mind fantasising on Bianca at list let her mourn her husband stop joking around time for everything.

Am not surprising if you are not holding tissue in your dirty hand with Bianca pix saved in you computer sick fool.

Mourn wetin? The woman is super delighted that her vegetable husband is officially dead. Now she can now do her cross country pucci trading tour
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by NegroNtns(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2011
I want see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionary, and no United Nations Delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even a things that don’t move”—Benjamin Adekunle

Adekunle haters will be shot. . . . survivors will be shot again!! angry
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2011
lmao

Dk, you are killing me here man grin grin
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 4:32am On Nov 29, 2011
this thread is not about awo but about adekunle, he was not the only soldier in the nigerian army , he is not hausa/fulani infact he was almost killed by the northern soldiers. what made him personally hate igbos soo much?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 4:36am On Nov 29, 2011
the question has been answered already.

it isn't a matter of hate. when you go to war, you seek to utterly destroy your opponent.

war isn't about playing pattycake or picking daisies with the other side.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2011
The guy Engrish sef go scatter rock.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 7:28am On Nov 29, 2011
Adekunle made that statement for two reasons. Firstly he was trying to do eye service for the northern establishment for promotion and favour. As a short man he is prone to overdo. Secondly he was an ignorant barbarian. If you study the statements of even the northern commanders in the war zone you will always see statements that were never overboard ( I stand to be corrected on this point)

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2011
We are wasting our energies discussing the past. Why cant we join forces and discuss the future?

Let us discuss on how we can split Nigeria without further bloodshedding. Yesterday, it was the Igbo, today almost everytribe in Nigeria is getting the heat. The Berons of Jos are weeping today. They are being slaughtered like goats in their fathers land, and Nigeria can't doi anything about it. In our philosophy as a nation,

"It is better to wipe out a genration to keep Nigeria "one" than to allow them the right to exist".

I am not a prophet of doom, but the truth is that Nigeria has no future. It is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2011
noblezone:

We are wasting our energies discussing the past. Why cant we join forces and discuss the future?

Let us discuss on how we can split Nigeria without further bloodshedding. Yesterday, it was the Igbo, today almost everytribe in Nigeria is getting the heat. The Berons of Jos are weeping today. They are being slaughtered like goats in their fathers land, and Nigeria can't doi anything about it. In our philosophy as a nation,

"It is better to wipe out a genration to keep Nigeria "one" than to allow them the right to exist".

I am not a prophet of doom, but the truth is that Nigeria has no future. It is a shame.
Seconded, We need to split this goddamn country, No future @ all
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by remarkD(m): 11:28am On Nov 29, 2011
@Bashr8, yeah its not about Awolowo, i was just replying the m0r0n spreading false information without any source.

btw i said its nothing to be ashamed of the way Awolowo died, i meant in your culture; because in my culture, it is forbidden! Tufiakwa!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2011
One thing I've noticed about my Yoruba brothers is that they are cowards.

AWOLOWO. He was always waiting for someone to do something for him, typical of a Yoruba man. The 1966 coup was meant to swear him in as the new president. The coup failed, so he denied ever knowing of such a plot. He traded sides with Fulanis against the igbos during the war, so that he could be installed as president after the war. Murtala's death gave him further hope of being a president, afterall, his kins man (OBASANJO) was the head of state. obasanjo did not hand over to him and that was the best chance he had at been a president before taking his life outof frustration. ( he drank otapiapia)
Abiola. Abioa wined and dined with the military. Obasanjo, Abacha, Babangida, Vatsa, were all his friends. Abiola single handedly sponsored buhari and babangida's coup. Final preparations were made in his daughter's naming ceremony few weeks to the Babangida's coup. Like a typical yoruba man, he wanted things to be done for him(coward). unfortunately for him, his fulani friends betrayed him and he was denied of his so called mandate and was locked in the prison like a common criminal. He was later poisoned by his fulani friends and nothing was done about it in the west. He died a church rat. His kinsmen collected bribes after his death from thesame fulani"friends". Do we need to talk about saro wiwa? The civil war has always been about the fulanis and their quest to rule Nigeria. You cannot take it away from them. Have you forgotten about Usman Dan Fodio? his life was all about a conquest and that"s what his generations are still doing. Nigeria to a Fulani man is a conquest.
After everything, what did he get.Sack. His mates like danjuma, murtala,obj.ibb went on to become head of states or getting juicy poilitical appointments. But the illiterate got fired and nothing was ever heard of him again

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2011
i though ibo were supposed to be tough fighters

i mean would u take on the inventors of ogbawetin call laser guided antiaircraft missile with kid gloves?

sounds like benjy is the kind of guy u want on your side in a firefight
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aloyemeka1: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2011
Here they are again discussing issues that happened 4 decades ago. Adekunle probably copied that statement from Adolf Hitler when he[Hitler] ordered the invasion of Poland and massacred millions in 18days from Warsaw to Prague. What he failed to copy was how Hitler ended. I repeat, ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS EVIL WHETHER IT IS IN WAR OR SELF DEFENSE WILL REAP EVIL. CHILDREN AND WOMEN WERE MASSACRED BY OBAHITLER AWOLOWO and to think that there are modern day women who support that heinous act due to tribalism gives me butterflies in my stomach. I do not hero-worship people not only because my religious faith is against it but because I know the difference between right and wrong. If ObaHitler had been my dad, I would have been a disowned by that family by now the way Stalin's daughter disowned her dad.
If Adekunle's utterances are right because they were in a war, what of Obasanjo's massacring of women and children in Odi?. Was that because of a war too?. If those are war rules, why is the United States wasting billions fighting against the Talibans when they can easily nuke the whole of Afghanistan in one day?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aloyemeka1: 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
oyb:

i though ibo were supposed to be tough fighters

i mean would u take on the inventors of ogbawetin call laser guided antiaircraft missile with kid gloves?

sounds like benjy is the kind of guy u want on your side in a firefight

You tend to forget that Nigeria fought against Biafra with a lot of external aid. Ghadaffi would have won the rebels hands down if France and NATO didn't help them out. Stop extolling evil on one hand and claiming to be a pious muslim on the other. That's hypocrisy.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tpia5: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2011
one would think adekunle was the only soldier who fought in that war.

bashr8:

this thread is not about awo but about adekunle, he was not the only soldier in the nigerian army , he is not hausa/fulani infact he was almost killed by the northern soldiers. what made him personally hate igbos soo much?

arent there reports adekunle personally helped igbos to safety in the north and was almost killed for it?

no one is commending whichever reporter published the interview in question, but the saying war is hell, isnt without basis.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by babyboy3(m): 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
War is not XBOX the opposition needs to be crushed

Just ordered Call of Duty II

Its going to be fun shoot down the enemy
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You tend to forget that Nigeria fought against Biafra with a lot of external aid. Ghadaffi would have won the rebels hands down if France and NATO didn't help them out. Stop extolling evil on one hand and claiming to be a pious muslim on the other. That's hypocrisy.

yawn - hypocrite better read up what your old testament had to say about the Israelites smiting their enemies - operation kill every living thing

nonsense

the ibos lost the war. they can continue to spam the board will all sorts of bs about the superior biafran army etal or just grow up and deal with it.

they are not the first people to lose a civil war.

meanwhile the man who they are busy eugolising cold not even have the decency to surrender on their behalf. sad sad sad

he fled. as i've said in the past, a real captain goes down with the ship.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Here they are again discussing issues that happened 4 decades ago. Adekunle probably copied that statement from Adolf Hitler when he[Hitler] ordered the invasion of Poland and massacred millions in 18days from Warsaw to Prague. What he failed to copy was how Hitler ended. I repeat, ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS EVIL WHETHER IT IS IN WAR OR SELF DEFENSE WILL REAP EVIL. CHILDREN AND WOMEN WERE MASSACRED BY OBAHITLER AWOLOWO and to think that there are modern day women who support that heinous act due to tribalism gives me butterflies in my stomach. I do not hero-worship people not only because my religious faith is against it but because I know the difference between right and wrong. If ObaHitler had been my dad, I would have been a disowned by that family by now the way Stalin's daughter disowned her dad.
If Adekunle's utterances are right because they were in a war, what of Obasanjo's massacring of women and children in Odi?. Was that because of a war too?. If those are war rules, why is the United States wasting billions fighting against the Talibans when they can easily nuke the whole of Afghanistan in one day?

better stop misyarning about religious faith. your god sanctioned much worse in the old testament

please do tell, how did adekunle end?

hot funmi, its obviously that time of the month. better log off and stop posting bs.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by seanet02: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
oju-----------------------------------iku is Dead
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
oyb:

better stop misyarning about religious faith. your god sanctioned much worse in the old testament

please do tell, how did adekunle end?

hot funmi, its obviously that time of the month. better log off and stop posting bs.

Heh.

Old Testament God was a tough customer.

[quote="1 Samuel 15:2-3"]
Thus saith the LORD of hosts ,  go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and Bottom.
[/quote]

Can you imagine God commanding you to do that? shocked shocked shocked

Kind of crazy.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by success4(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2011
I felt OJUKWU died of HID/AID, but DayoKanu had made it clear that he committed suicide because of a woman! angry

So terrible that a man who has no liver , still poison himself. I only pity the race of ''no man land'' grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
^^ kindly stop all these. How can a coward solder like him commit suicide. It may be complications out of Bianca acts. My opinion. sad sad sad
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

Adekunle made that statement for two reasons. Firstly he was trying to do eye service for the northern establishment for promotion and favour. As a short man he is prone to overdo. Secondly he was an ignorant barbarian. If you study the statements of even the northern commanders in the war zone you will always see statements that were never overboard ( I stand to be corrected on this point)

When you go to war, the motive is to completely destroy your opponent

Benjamin Adekunle understood that That was why he wrecked the Ibo soldiers

Roosevelt understood that, That was why he nuked Japan.

Stalin understood that, That was why he utterly destroyed berlin

But our Ibo commentators think war is Play Station

Quote from: 1 Samuel 15:2-3
Thus saith the LORD of hosts ,  go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and Bottom

This was what God ordered to be done to the enemies.

Some ppl understand wars some dont. Benjy did understand what war was about. that is why his name is highly reverred in the Eastern part of nigeria now

if any child is crying and he hears the name Black Scorpion he stops immediately

Even the trees knew him

I am soo proud of my townsman Benjamin Babamaja Adekunle aka Black Scorpion OKO BIAFRA
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

when you go to war, you seek to utterly destroy your opponent.

Why even pretend that you know what you're talking about?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:
Some ppl understand wars some dont. Benjy did understand what war was about. that is why his name is highly reverred in the Eastern part of nigeria now

People talk about bombs from planes, who is "Benju"?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tit(f): 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
in taking shots at ojukwu, some forget awolowo left behind a congo of inestimable value.
can we take shots at her?

when you point at someone with a finger, 4 are pointing at you.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

When you go to war, the motive is to completely destroy your opponent

Benjamin Adekunle understood that That was why he wrecked the Ibo soldiers

Roosevelt understood that, That was why he nuked Japan.

Stalin understood that, That was why he utterly destroyed berlin

But our Ibo commentators think war is Play Station

Can we be surprised at this statement? Japan was nuked to shorten the war that claimed millions a year. He didn't nuke Japan to "completely destroy" it. Please stick to childish insults instead of misquoting history.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
ezeagu:

Can we be surprised at this statement? Japan was nuked to shorten the war that claimed millions a year. He didn't nuke Japan to "completely destroy" it. Please stick to childish insults instead of misquoting history.

Imagine this statement?

You nuked a whole country to shorten a war indiscriminately killing innocent civilians in the process

Well Benjy dealt with Ibos viciously to shorten the war

If not for Benjys acts the war would have gone on for 10yrs
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by olapluto(m): 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
Benjamin Adekunle. The great black scopion. I remember an uncle recounting his Biafra experience and said Major Adekunle was : atuwonka nibi ti won gben dana ogun. I heard the precision of his mortar attack on Igbo towns was second to none. It was like magic. What a great soldier. Very fine officer. And only fine officers say what he was quoted as saying. If we had someone like the great black scorpion, boko haram would have been history: because the whole Maiduguri will be dust by now.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2011
Funny Ezeagu, so Japan was nuked to shorten the war. Mind you the bomb used was never used despite unheared promissing devastation in the heart of Hiroshima on a bright morning where huge population was concentrated. So also with Black Scorpion to make the Biafra lone warlord coward take to his heel.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

Funny Ezeagu, so Japan was nuked to shorten the war. Mind you the bomb used was never used despite unheared promissing devastation in the earth of Hiroshima on a bright morning where huge population was concentrated. So also with Black Scorpion to make the Biafra lone warlord coward take to his heel.

Abi you sef see am?

I helped you to kill you children because they were making noise to shorten the noise

Black scorpion too helped to shorten the Biafra war
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
ola_pluto:

Benjamin Adekunle. The great black scopion. I remember an uncle recounting his Biafra experience and said Major Adekunle was : atuwonka nibi ti won gben dana ogun. I heard the precision of his mortar attack on Igbo towns was second to none. It was like magic. What a great soldier. Very fine officer. And only fine officers say what he was quoted as saying. If we had someone like the great black scorpion, boko haram would have been history: because the whole Maiduguri will be dust by now.

Spot on my brother Spot on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode / Tribunal Sacks Sani Abubakar Danladi / Soldiers Kill Armed Bandits In Zamfara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.