Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Why Do We Need To Fast? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Need To Fast? (6774 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tuesday August 25th 2015)- TIME TO FAST / Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. / Reasons To Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by unclebros: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
Apart from all the important and relevant scriptural contributions by all, fasting also helps to detox our system. The process of fasting has been proved to enhance one's health and during the process the body releases toxic chemicals that exists within the body system.

So guys, lets continue to fast and pray. Its a very good spiritual exercise.

Selah.
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2011
Thelstan:

Fasting will always remain very relevant in every religion as a means of instilling bodily discipline.
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Sike(m): 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2011
ushafe:

thanks my people, i ve gained alot from this thread.
Me too!
sleekymag:

nice thread,
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Joagbaje(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2011
@GOD2man

Thanks for your great contribution. I was going to raise the issues of long fasting but you didn't just raised it ,you also taught on it. God bless.
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by naanmin(f): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2011
great thread
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
Beautymc:

So many challenges don't go unless by prayer and fasting. According to Matt 17:21
this is one of the main reason we should fast
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
If you are concerned about your spiritual growth,

Praying and Fasting is necessary!!!
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by tit(f): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
poor me!
i thoght the reason to fast would be to have electricity, running water and motorable roads.
but alas,
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2011
I ve learn alot from this thread and especially from God2Man.

may God bless you all for all the positive contributions
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2011
fm7070:

Medically, fasting will burn fats and excess calories in the body.
Fasting and fervent prayer is a good excercise for overhauling of the entire body system

I was almost Obesse and i decided to fast intermitently.
the results were amazing and i am on normal weight now.
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2011
plappville:

Nice thread Jeogbaje, everyone has made good contibution so far, but let me add one or two things.

Fasting is abstaining from food, drink, sleep or sex or any sort of flesh lost to focus on a period of spiritual growth.
we humbly deny the flesh to glorify God, enhance our spirit, and go deeper in our prayer life; Fasting is very good for we christians, in as long as Christ told us to fast, we have to, the devil flew away from u when u re on a fasting program. The body must be punished for results.

Doest the bible tells how long the fasting should last? can a 6-12HOURS, 6-14HOURS, 6-18HOURS etc ve same results as 20 days etc?

In the same loop with you, , the same question to Jeogbaje
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by God2man(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
@east, it depends on the leading of the Holyspirit. Listen to this testimony, a woman usually encountered miscarriage, she got pregnant again and she came with her husband to see the man of God, so the man of God was directed by the holy spirit to inform the woman to go for like 20 to 21 days, the husband, a doctor protested that his wife will die, claiming how will the pregnancy survived, but the woman in trouble had a burden, she wanted a child by all means, so it became a good risk. She did it for about 21 days and she put to bed a bouncing baby. The truth is that fasting is an adventure. Beloved, there has to be a great burden in your heart, that you want to off load to the throne of Grace, that burden will push you to go for the number of days, the holyspirit wants you to go. Remember, Jesus was directed to the wilderness by the holyspirit for 40 days and 40 nights. For those christian aspiring for spiritual growth, you need to know that, we are different, we are from different background, the number of days apllicable to me may not be applicable to others, our foundations are different. Besides, during long fast, you may experience, pain, discouragement, cattarh, headache,spitting of saliva, stomach upset. It may be difficult to excrete, you may excrete blood, you may experience cough, cold even become sick. These are signs of sickness.Just keep ascending the mount, because you will soon lay hold on the sword of power by which you can avenge and fight the forces of darkness and overcome them. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by yommyuk: 2:59am On Dec 02, 2011
Fasting to me is like sugar in my tea. smiley
It is a key weaponry for spiritual warfare and growth.

Jo - excellent thread. cool
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 02, 2011
God2man:

@east, it depends on the leading of the Holyspirit. Listen to this testimony, a woman usually encountered miscarriage, she got pregnant again and she came with her husband to see the man of God, so the man of God was directed by the holy spirit to inform the woman to go for like 20 to 21 days, the husband, a doctor protested that his wife will die, claiming how will the pregnancy survived, but the woman in trouble had a burden, she wanted a child by all means, so it became a good risk. She did it for about 21 days and she put to bed a bouncing baby. The truth is that fasting is an adventure. Beloved, there has to be a great burden in your heart, that you want to off load to the throne of Grace, that burden will push you to go for the number of days, the holyspirit wants you to go. Remember, Jesus was directed to the wilderness by the holyspirit for 40 days and 40 nights. For those christian aspiring for spiritual growth, you need to know that, we are different, we are from different background, the number of days apllicable to me may not be applicable to others, our foundations are different. Besides, during long fast, you may experience, pain, discouragement, cattarh, headache,spitting of saliva, stomach upset. It may be difficult to excrete, you may excrete blood, you may experience cough, cold even become sick. These are signs of sickness.Just keep ascending the mount, because you will soon lay hold on the sword of power by which you can avenge and fight the forces of darkness and overcome them. God bless you. God2man.

God Bless You God2man. Your answer is actually inspired by the Holy Ghost. It came to me as a great revelation.
What a joy sharing with brethren in the Lord. Keep on.
Re: Why Do We Need To Fast? by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2011
yommyuk:

Fasting to me is like sugar in my tea. smiley
It is a key weaponry for spiritual warfare and growth.

Jo - excellent thread. cool

I pray that it should be same to me. Bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Spend Your Easter Holidays? / What Would Be Left Of A Man After 21 Days Of Dry Fasting?? / Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.