Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

It's Arsenal Against Juventus - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / It's Arsenal Against Juventus (14134 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 1) On 13th May 2015 / Di Matteo Plans Defensive Game Against Juventus As He Plans To Drop Torres / UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 8:07am On Mar 26, 2006
i can only laugh at your comments. even u kola dey yarn. yes, true, pie1ect, we have particularly struggled against english sides (weirdly, since zizou left). that's the only thing right now that i fear but then again arsenal isn't an english team.

you vichel, mark your words. i want to see that sig in BOLD.

anyway, i can't wait for 2 legs of sweet victories. FORZA JUVE!

ps: kola, your chelsea defence is no where near our defenders. buffon cancels out cech, zambrotta cancels out that weak ferrera, cannavaro cancels out small boy terry. thuram - lets his medals do the talking for you. but anyhow, make una free gallas for us.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2006
@ Codec

Your defence is so good that you are conceeding 3 goals in one match. What a good sign for a team that will WIN the champions league!
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2006
once in a while, unexpected things happen. and we know against bremen it was simply a lack of concentration as their two goals came in in injury time. at least we had 2 goals.

what about your team that conceeded 3 goals without reply to boro? boro?!!

FORZA JUVE.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by TYPOP(m): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2006
Hey guys,
it started with ARSENAL - juve, what are you guys turning this thread to? It is not for Chealsea and juve OK?
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by adlam4real: 4:55am On Mar 27, 2006
I THINK JUVENTUS HAVE 100% RIGHT TO BEAT ARSENAL,BECAUSE ARSENAL IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT JUVENTUS.
AND I WANT VEIRA TO SHOW ARSENAL.

UP JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2006
damn! angry del piero won't be available for the game tommorrow. i didn't think the injury was that bad. oh well.

FORZA JUVE
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by nightrider: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2006
ha ha ha h ah CODEC

i just posted a topic on it b4 i saw your post. sorry o! also theres no nedved.
ARSENAL ARE WINNING THIS.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by TYPOP(m): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2006
@adlam4real
Welcome to the forum. Did you read all the posts before posting? I guess all Juve guys are like that. No prior knowledge about what is going on and
adlam4real:

I THINK JUVENTUS HAVE 100% RIGHT TO BEAT ARSENAL,BECAUSE ARSENAL IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT JUVENTUS.
AND I WANT VEIRA TO SHOW ARSENAL.

UP JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In case you don't know, we sold Patrick for good.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 1:36am On Mar 28, 2006
nightrider:

ha ha ha h ah CODEC

i just posted a topic on it before i saw your post. sorry o! also theres no nedved.
ARSENAL ARE WINNING THIS.

nedved and DP are not Juve. mutu will suffice

TYPOP:

@adlam4real
I guess all Juve guys are like that. No prior knowledge about what is going on and

huh? knowledge about what?
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by TYPOP(m): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2006
It's today. Let's wait for a few more hours. We shall see.

Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by TYPOP(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2006
You want IGWE to celebrate like this?

Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2006
or rather,

Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Chxta(m): 9:13am On Mar 28, 2006
www.chxta..com

Juventus meet Arsenal at Highbury this evening in what is a season defining match for both clubs, Arsenal because the UCL is their only remaining chance for silverware this season, Juve because the UCL has been our stated objective all season.

Much has been made of the return of Patrick Vieira to Highbury, but I feel that the media (as is usual with them) are overdoing it. Paddy spent 9 years at Arsenal, won every English trophy with them and has nothing to prove. He was already becoming jaded there (look at Raul in Madrid), so it was best for him that he move. It will be in very bad taste if any Arsenal fan boos him tonight. However, Vieira demands good behaviour: "I expect to get a warm welcome from the fans," he screeched today before admitting he'll feel a pang of jealousy when he sees Cesc Fabregas romping in what was once his bed. "When you play for a team for nine years you can't not be emotional," sniffed the forlorn Frenchman, before whimpering nostalgically: "I enjoyed many good moments in that stadium."

The media seem to have forgotten that Vieira isn't the only one facing his old flame, of course. Thierry Henry endured a seven-month fling with the Old Lady seven years ago - time that, according to Arsenal's young Italian striker Arturo Lupoli, "he now considers a total waste." (Sorry Thierry, you just weren't good enough for us).

Then there's the case of Zlatan Ibrahimovich, who could have become an Arsenal player in 2003, when he was still at Ajax, but instead responded to Wenger's offer of a trial by fuming: "I am Zlatan. I don't do trials." Characteristic confidence (or is it arrogance) from a man who says the only thing that can stop him becoming the best player in the world is serious injury. Such as an exploded head, perhaps?

As a Juve fan for the better part of 2 decades now, it is very easy for me to say: 'Forza Juve, we will bash them, ' but truth be told, I am running scared. And I will give my reasons.

Granted we are virtually running away with lo scudetto, but the way we have played against top quality opposition in recent games leaves a lot to be desired. For crying out loud, we barely scrapped through to this round against Bremen, a club that on paper we should have buried! Against Milan in Serie A, we just managed to hold them to a goaless draw in our own stadium even though they were down a man for the last 15 minutes! And finally we dropped points against Roma on Saturday. That particular game left a sour taste in my mouth. Why?

Because Capello decided to start Alex who wasn't fully fit, Alex duly got injured, will not play today. To make a bad story worse, Pavel got sent off , and we had to play the whole second half with 10 men. This introduces the tiredness factor in today's game. And to cap a bad preview all up, Arsenal's game with Portsmouth same day was called off due to a water-logged pitch!

But what the hell is the matter with Portsmouth? How can a Premiership club be having a waterlogged pitch? They should be relegated for low stadium standards! But then, I digress,

The bottom line is this: la vecchia signora shot ourselves in the foot on Saturday, and I pray that it doesn't come to haunt us. And I hope that Don Fabio's confidence is not misplaced. Our record against English teams isn't too good,

Someone asked me how I watch Serie A. Channel 102 on DSTv show live Serie A games, and I gather that NTA has also started for those of you based here in Lagos.

Now to move away from football,

Israel is holding her elections today. Coming soon after the Hamas victory in Palestine, I hope that Khadima would win so that we can have peace in that region. I think Khadima is the only party in Israel that would be able to talk to the Hamas government.

There would be a solar eclipse in Naija tomorrow, so don't be scared people.

Meanwhile what is the matter with Microsoft? They have delayed the release of their latest OS again! This is like the millionth delay of the OS which was once called Longhorn. Funny that it is taking Microsoft so long to get their security issues in order while the Open Source world has addressed the same issues. For crying out loud,
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by pie1ect(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2006
Juventus fans, where una confidence dey come from?

It has to be noted that history favours Arsenal in this fixture.

**For one, Arsenal and Juve have played each other four times in Europe, we won twice and drew twice, no losses.

**Also no Italian club has managed to put Arsenal out of a European competition.

I sincerely believe Juventus stand very little chance of kncking out Arsenal based on current conditions/form.

But then again, it's the CL quarter finals and we have been known to shoot ourselves in the foot at this stage of the competition on different occasions.

I'm hoping for a happy ending this year, though.

Enjoy.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Chxta(m): 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2006
Who are you?
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by nightrider: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2006
he is a top class gunner

who are you?
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Grizzly(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2006
Arsenal 've tried. i mean they've showed a good run. only its time to bow out. they got work outta UEFA. Remember they got a UEFA cup ticket to catch. ha ha! grin
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by anobscase(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2006
arsenal vs juve, just hours ahead.what do u think will be todays score
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Skintite(f): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2006
2.0 i believe. niterider wat do u think?
cant wait to shut all those anti gunners upppp! lipsrsealed
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by SirKay3(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2006
All GUNNERS,

My prediction is 3nil in our favour.

Matter of hours pls
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by nightrider: 6:17pm On Mar 28, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fear dey catch me! but gunners victory 2-1
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by SirKay3(m): 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2006
Put fear away, nightrider. We are winning and crossing over to d other side
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Grizzly(m): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2006
In all fairness, with minimal or no sentiments attached, not disregarding the rules of the beautiful game, and bearing in mind the spirit(S) that pervade the UEFA Champions League Quarterfinals, its a 3-1 loss. Arsenal bears the brunt.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by nightrider: 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2006
Grizzly:

In all fairness, with minimal or no sentiments attached, not disregarding the rules of the beautiful game, and bearing in mind the spirit(S) that pervade the UEFA Champions League Quarterfinals, its a 3-1 loss. Arsenal bears the brunt.

bad belle
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2006
Where are the gunners o?
10th minute into the match.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by SirKay3(m): 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2006
Am representing us for now. How is d match going. Did u see Reyes dribble pass them all, minutes ago? Henry missed d freekick
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2006
They get mouth too much, they are all hiding.

Thanks for the courage to come online.

Henry is Arsenal's weekest link. 25th minute
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by SirKay3(m): 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2006
Who get mouth Kola? Dont say that yet. D match is still winnable. Anyway am home watching the match and online, just cos of this thread
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2006
Thank you for coming.

Ibrahimovic is the worst Juve.

If Arsena wins, Bagoma and others we show up quickly

Go and try my quiz on Arsenal.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2006
Good goal from a good boy.

40 minutes.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by SirKay3(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2006
Good goal, Kola. Thx for that comment. Two more to come. Vieira seems to be off form
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2006
@SirKay

Watch out, your friends will be coming now.

44th minute in portugal: 0-0 draw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Steaua Bucharest Vs Chelsea - UCL (0 - 4) On 1st October 2013 / Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace (5 - 0) On 20th January 2024 / Arsenal Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 20th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.