Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 (3677 Views)

Nigeria,the Sleeping Giant At 47 / Nigeria's immage at 47, lets change it / Arise Oh Compatriots:nigeria At 47 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by CuteAngel(f): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
NIGERIA I HAIL THEE
MY OWN DEAR NATIVE LAND
THOU TRIBES AND TONGUES MAY DIFFER
BUT IN BROTHERHOOD WE STAND.
NIGERIA! AM PROUD TO SERVE OUR
SOVERIGN MOTHER LAND!

NIGERIA WLL BE GREAT
HOME OF OPPORTUNITIES
HOME OF PEACE
HOME OF UNITY
HOME OF PROGRESS

LETS COME TOGETHER AND BUILD THIS GREAT COUNTRY!!!!
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by soladavid(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2007
At 47,with the current administration,l am very sure we will get there,the work of restructuring has already started,CONGRATULATIONS,
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by chidichris(m): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2007
i want to say a big Thank God for his goodness to our great nation. for his blessings over us in the area of natural resources.
my wish is that Nigeria will one day get a president who has the interest of the masses at heart and only then that we will enjoy our God's given blessings.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by dennylove(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2007
Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
shall reign.
HOPE I SANG IT PROPERLY grin grin grin cheesy

Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by osisi5: 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2007
Is that our new president?
Thank God at least the man no look bad at all.
He can compete with other world leaders in the looks department unlike OBJ
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by maki(f): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2007
invite all the recent out-going leaders for a party in abuja put them in arik air and bomb the plane, make sure odili and his wife is there before taking off. angry angry angry
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2007
maki:

invite all the recent out-going leaders for a party in abuja put them in arik air and bomb the plane, make sure odili and his wife is there before taking off. angry angry angry
grin
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by hamabra(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2007
A better Nigeria where robbers dont have to come near power not to talk of ruling the masses
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by mekoyo(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2007
Let the kidnapping stop
Corruption sieze
Corrupt leaders go
Peace in the nation.
Love among the citizens
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by dennylove(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2007
long live nigeria!!!
long live our father's land!!!
long live our mother's togue!!!
think of what to do 4 ur country not what ur country will do 4 you.

Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by 9ja4eva: 12:34am On Sep 28, 2007
Yeah right.I like that.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by WarfyBoy(m): 9:48am On Sep 28, 2007
Nigeria is a gr8 nation, i love my country i kno go lie
na 4 inside am i dey slip,eat everyday
no other home like naija
i am proud to be nigerian
u wan try
IF E NO B NAIJA E NO FIT B LIKE NAIJA

on monday supose b resting day 4 every living soul 4 naija ohh if 2 say our country be wetin we want make e be, u go stil c pipo 4 market, business places n al dt e no suppose b so now?

GOD OF WISDOM N UNDERSTAND N OF KNOWLEDGE

GUIDE OUR LEADERS TO LEAD US WELL, GIV DEM A GOD FEARING HRT TO RULE WITH PASSION N KNOWLDGE, MKE DEM TO FEEL WAT WE CITIZENZ R FEELING, MAKE DEM TO LOVE US N GIV TO US WAT BLONGS TO US,

GOD OF BACKWARD NEVA FORWARD EVA, LET THERE B A CHANGE IN OUR GOVT, PLEASE GOD, CHANGE THE SITUATION OF DIS NATION, PLEASE GOD, PLSSSSSSS

LIFT US OUT OF BONDAGE N RE-CREATE OUR MIND TO DO GUD IN AL TIMES

D WISDOM U GAVE 2 SOLOMON AS A KING, GIV SUCH TO OUR LEADERS 2 RULE US WELL, WE DNT HAV ANY ODA HOME PAPA GOD BIKO, NAIJA NA OUR HOME, GOD HELP US TO MAKE IT HABITABLE>>>>>TY U GOD

LONG LIVE EKP

LONG LIVE B/SIDE

LONG LIVE UVWIE LGA

LONG LIVE UP DELTA

LONG LIVE EFFURUN

LONG LIVE WARFI

LONG NIGER DELTA

LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by tonesky(m): 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2007
Well done brothers and sisters,

As I joined to congratulate Nigeria and the founding fathers of Nigeria at 47, but we must not forget that most Nigerians are not happy cum pride for being Nigerians. That is why some people travel neighbouring African countries get naturalized and travel to far Europe and America for greener pasture.
Secondly, It is high time Nigerians do away with marginalisation,ethnicity, nepotism and see ourselves as one entity.
It is high time Nigerian/Biafra civil war be put behind us and allow the "Ibos" produce the president of this country for once. Is it not time for an Ibo man becoming the Inspector General, Minister of defence etc in a country where the likes of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwes [/b] [/b] fought and brought independence? We all know the truth. Nigeria will continue to pretend as if all is well until equity, justice,fairness abides. It is a natural law that where everyone is happy "one need not to preach peace hence it will come natural" Why would'nt UWAZURUIKE be released?" Until justice is done "Nigeria is like a time bomb" Let us pray that GOD WILL CHANGE OUR HEART AND GRANT US JUSTICE AT 47,    AMEEEN,
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by archbishop(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2007
My fellow Nairalanders,
This is the greatest topic ever discused in this forum.
Naija is 47. thank grin jah still.
no other country like naija. Naija is blessed.

Bleep people like Etteh and her deputy.
naija is changing 4 the better.
love u alllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Happy Birthday NIGERIA.

with love

archbishop.

grin grin grin
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by BlackMamba(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
Despite our woes, we've made some progress in political enlightenment. People are more aware and agitate over irregularities in government. This is a welcome development in evolving a lasting solution that will be borne out of the collective will of the citizens. We're by no means closer to a solution to our perennial problem of bad government and corruption, but the mere fact that we now have hand picked reps in place of a military junta is a first step.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by chiegemba(f): 12:18am On Sep 29, 2007
@ 47YRS GREATER HEIGHTS MAY YOU ATTAIN AND D PEACE OF GOD  DAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDINGS SHALL BE BESTOWED UPON YOU.                                                                               

"GAINT OF AFRICA" grin grin grin
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by smile4kenn(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2007
for all those living around CYBERJAYA

Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by iykrion(m): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2007
My dear Nigeria, I hope that someday you will be among the super powers.
Congratulations for adding another year to your previous miserable ones cry.
You will surely rise to fall no more cool
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by redsun(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2007
Wise up my people.The time is at hand.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by WesleyanA(f): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2007
HAPPY early BIRTHDAY TO NIGERIA!!!
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Iman3(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2007
Una suppose dey hide the fact that the country is 47 years old.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2007
GOD BLESS MY BELOVED FATHERLAND THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME SWEET HOME LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nushi77: 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2007
MY SPECIAL PRAYER FOR NIGERIA IS DIVISION.

I PRAY GOD ALMIGHTY TO SPLIT NIGERIA SO THAT HAUSAS WILL FIND THEIR WAY, YORUBAS WILL JOIN ODUDUWA REPUBLIC AND IGBOS WILL JOIN BIAFRA REPUBLIC.
THIS CAN ONLY BRING PEACE AND JUSTICE. THERE'S NO LOVE TO REMAIN IN UNITY. IT WILL SURELY STOP RELIGIOUS KILLINGS AGAINST CHRISTIANS. IF THIS IS DONE, THEN ANY CHRISTIAN TRAVELLING TO THE NORTH WILL HAVE TO RESPECT SHARIA LAW AND WILL NOT BE THINKING OF FEDERAL GOVT CONSTITUTIONS THAT HAS NO PROTECTION FOR HIS CITIZEN.

I PRAY GOD TO PUT CONFUSSION AND SPLIT NIGERIA IN JESUS NAME, SOMEBODY SAY A LOUD AMEN.

THIS IS MY PRAYER AND THANK GOD THAT WE STILL SURVIVE ALL THE AFFLICTIONS THAT THIS NIGERIA OF A THING HAS BROUGHT TO US.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2007
Nushi77:

I PRAY GOD ALMIGHTY TO SPLIT NIGERIA SO THAT HAUSAS WILL FIND THEIR WAY, YORUBAS WILL JOIN ODUDUWA REPUBLIC AND IGBOS WILL JOIN BIAFRA REPUBLIC.
THIS CAN ONLY BRING PEACE AND JUSTICE. THERE'S NO LOVE TO REMAIN IN UNITY. IT WILL SURELY STOP RELIGIOUS KILLINGS AGAINST CHRISTIANS. IF THIS IS DONE, THEN ANY CHRISTIAN TRAVELLING TO THE NORTH WILL HAVE TO RESPECT SHARIA LAW AND WILL NOT BE THINKING OF FEDERAL GOVT CONSTITUTIONS THAT HAS NO PROTECTION FOR HIS CITIZEN.

I PRAY GOD TO PUT CONFUSSION AND SPLIT NIGERIA IN JESUS NAME, SOMEBODY SAY A LOUD AMEN.

THIS IS MY PRAYER AND THANK GOD THAT WE STILL SURVIVE ALL THE AFFLICTIONS THAT THIS NIGERIA OF A THING HAS BROUGHT TO US.

This kind prayer sef.

me sef secretly say Amen under my breathe only to the highlighted part.This Awusa people don kill us finish
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2007
Nushi77:

[size=18pt]AMEN![/size]
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by osereka(m): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
AWON WERE! tongue
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by TawaTemi1(f): 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2007
Seconded!!!

Breaking or Spliting will not solve Nigeria's probs.
Even if we do, the probs will still continue among the states, villages or towns.
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by MP007(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2007
Nigeria is 47? really? na wa ooooooooo
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by MP007(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2007
Nigeria is 47? really? na wa ooooooooo
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2007
Tawa-Temi:

Seconded!!!

Even if we do, the probs will still continue among the states, villages or towns.

How do we know when we haven't tried it?
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by almondjoy(f): 12:08am On Oct 03, 2007
thresa8:

Hmmm, The problem with Nigeria is not its artificial boundaries or its composition. The problem with Nigeria is the people of Nigeria.

It is often interesting to see and read all these 'bs' about the need to break up Nigeria and the belief that the things will be better for all and sundry upon the break-up. While the theory is great, the reality on the ground shows something different.

Examples: (1) Biafra: how was the 'power' structure in the new republic in any way different from what was obtainable in 'old world' - Nigeria? Was marginalization of certain groups/personalities from decision -making not evident also---e.g cases of Brig. Njoku, Ifejunna [s] and others?

(2) Across each state of federation - Nigeria- , isn't a well-known fact your LGA could be a curse or blessing when it is time to make appointment into certain position? Tell me, why a non-indigene of Ibadan can not be provost of Ibadan poly? Or a qualified individual from Aguleri can not be registrar of the Abia state university?

(3) If according to the historical account of the late Prof Dike, the Niger-Delta area of Nigeria was predominantely 'Igbos' areas' in the pre-colonial era, why was Ngozi Kojo not considered to be ' Igbo enough' to take the ministerial slot of Abia State when OBJ nominated her?

According to the petition writers from the state, her only connection to 'Igbo-ness' and "Abia state' was the marriage to the individual from the state.

(4) Onigbinde is considered to be "Yoruba' and has lived in Ibadan for most part of his life but his opponents and petition writers within the OYo State political scene and sport circle do not consider him to be "OYO or Ibadan enough" to manage Sooting stars, despite having a better credentials than them.

(5) The Osuus are still considered "outcastes" (second-class citizens) among the Igbos today, while the Ifes still consider Modakekes as "servants/slaves" within the contexts of things in the present thing in the so-called Nigeria.

When Nigeria is divided and all these people (in spite of the differences of who are true Igbos or Yorubas) go into their respective 'ethnic' republic as they might have 'carved' [sp] it out from the present Nigeria, how would all these differences be settled? Would they continue to break up until each clan has its own 'nation'?

If many of the marginalizations and neglects that people complain about within the larger context of Nigeria ethnic composition and political stuctures [sp] are very rampant on the micro-levels, wouldn't the same issues that confront Nigeria being confronting the so-called Oduduwa republic, Biafra and whatever republics that come from the break-up?

kiss  Gosh!  I love this girl!!!!!

Tawa-Temi:

Seconded!!!

kiss Thank my lucky stars, Nairaland is truly getting rid of old dirt bags and replacing it with new bright ideas. I think I prefer the new members than the old rambling confusionists.  I wish Nigeria will work on that for the next 47years!

BTW, Either of you ladies available for marriage?  You definitely can bring peace to a man's home. My God!  Where have you ladies been in Nairaland? shocked

nwando:

How do we know when we haven't tried it?

I think it is time to get a divorce from you my darling "nwando".-----Move over dear, there are new "kpakpandos" emerging and you are obscuring my horizon.  You are not such "nwando" afterall.  In fact, you are synonymous with the Anenihs and Kingibes of Nigeria on Nairaland ---damaged goods from too much of the "recycling" process. We need fresh idea ma'am! wink
Re: Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 by darfur(m): 12:17am On Oct 03, 2007
splitting the country comes with enough wahala o. go through history and know what happened when India split into two India/Pakistan it led to the greatest migration in human history as over 14 million people moved across the borders and about over 1 million died all withing a few days/weeks

think well o, where will over 2 million igbos in lagos and the north go to, which jobs will they enter, which homes will they live in, all the igbo businesses in lagos abuja and the north, will go just like that? i think we should try to move ahead together.

my 2 kobo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Signs Human Rights Commission Bill Into Law / What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. / Jonathan’s Foreign Trips Gulp N3.3bn …travelled 20 Times In 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.