Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) (25866 Views)

No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag / Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? / Nigerian Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 1:07am On Dec 02, 2011
190_@:

The question remains

Why kant Nigerians sell their hair to themselves

I can train my hair for 3 years and cut it if im getting $1000 for it

freecocoa are y'all  intrested

Thanks princess,but I'd rather be balder than the lady in the pix.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 1:12am On Dec 02, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

^ part of me believes its false advertisement, that some of the "remy" and "brazilian" weave
is actually just plain processed Mexican, American, etc  grin or mixed with synthetic.  lipsrsealed

(Kanekalon BRAIDING hair for example lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin)

Kanekalon                                                              "Indian Remy"

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuqbx3cwfTq0JeTr_UIEtY9l0pTP7Wsd9eR63pREj5P_jhtW1m[/img]                                    [img]https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeQMY62GBNHKZGqA1ezS2lEXJXuabU7wj9T5u_D_FSsFBpyyTYeA[/img]
JAH bless you sweets,my thoughts exactly,I don't believe there's anything like 100% human hair in weaves,it either mixed or pure synthetic. Gotta sleep now, I'm practically sleep typing, catch ya lerra and stay fly.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by 195(f): 3:20am On Dec 02, 2011
freecocoa:

JAH bless you sweets,my thoughts exactly,I don't believe there's anything like 100% human hair in weaves,it either mixed or pure synthetic. Gotta sleep now, I'm practically sleep typing, catch ya lerra and stay fly.

Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 02, 2011
tpia@:

is this look suppose to be anything positive?! she looks like a ghost.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by 195(f): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

is this look suppose to be anything positive?! she looks like a ghost.
grin grin
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by tpia5: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2011
Its art- not necessarily negative or positive per se.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by kaykaybaba(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2011
they're paid for it @freecocoa
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by 195(f): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2011
**enroute to brazil to sell my hair**
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by tpia5: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2011
Freecocoa

the hair grows back quickly and can be sold again i suppose.

Some places have hair texture that can be marketed like that- there was a thread last year showcasing long hair. A region in one of those "stans" for example, has excessively long hair.

The brazilian hair being marketed could be an ethnicity already known for long hair but who are based in brazil.

Until someone makes another documentary on where the brazilian hair comes from, how it's obtained might remain a bit of a mystery.

I assume there are regulatory boards for these things which would make it difficult to market synthetic hair as natural.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by 195(f): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2011
^I think those hair belongs to MAMMY WATER

Ask Tb Josia

He said it once angry
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2011
i once watched a documentary on aljazeera where some india women cut their hair in exchange for payment i try to remember the title of that doc but smh am sure some companies use human Hair for the wig
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Ranoscky(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
freecocoa:

You dont believe in 100% human hair, but u believe it's either mixed. Mixed with what then?
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by 195(f): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
^Mixed with honey and glue undecided
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Ranoscky(m): 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2011
I guess.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by honeric01(m): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
@freecocoa

Are you bald? why are you so worked up? bet you can't go out without a wig right? (no offense)
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by lurkee(f): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
If a lot of Nigerian girls spent the money for fake hair on taking care of their own hair I am sure other people will want to buy our own hair too. Most people say our hair doesn't grow long and that is hogwash because hair grows forever, even when you die  lipsrsealed The reason why our hair appears not to grow is because of abuse of relaxers/ tight braids/ using weaves constantly without caring for it. Some people will rather wash and brush a wig than their own hair and then their hair starts to smell and itch. Then they will be slapping their heads like crazies to reduce the itch.  angry

I wish more Nigerian girls will wear their own hair and see how long it will get. God made us the way He did for a reason. The hair on our (African) head is designed to grow towards the sun rather than hang down. Why? Because it is to protect us from over heating if it was hanging down our necks/ faces. Yet some people will buy remy human hair from another person's head and cover their own and start sweating like goats under it. Atleast they look "pretty" right?  angry angry
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by uzoo: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
that picture of the bald lady is so hilarious. grin
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
honeric01:

@freecocoa

Are you bald? why are you so worked up? bet you can't go out without a wig right? (no offense)
I'm not worked up sugar,just trying to say I don't believe all that is pure human hair btw I ain't bald.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ranoscky:

You dont believe in 100% human hair, but u believe it's either mixed. Mixed with what then?
I believe its a lil human hair(if there's anything like that) and synthetic.any problems with that?
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
Black women look like gorillas with these oyibo wigs. Certainly an admission of inferiority. Not being comfortable in your own skin hair. Pity
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
freecocoa:

I'm not worked up sugar,just trying to say I don't believe all that is pure human hair btw I ain't bald.

0kay sweet-thing, just try and take care of your own hair, spend more time on it, truss me, it can grow more than what you ever imagined, if you need someone to help you play with your real hair, call on me. tongue
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Claus(m): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
freecocoa:

I believe its a lil human hair(if there's anything like that) and synthetic.any problems with that?

It's well known that there's a huge market in real human hair! With any premium product, of course there'll be frauds that try to parade synthetic hair as the real one just to get a higher price, but 100% human hair is out there.

It's mainly derived from deprived areas where people are quite desperate for income, including Asian & Eastern European countries. There've been scandals about how little these women are paid for their hair compared to how much the marketers sell it for.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by tpia5: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
It's mainly derived from deprived areas where people are quite desperate for income

most likely.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by tpia5: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
honeric01:

@freecocoa

I was wondering if she wants to sell her hair

ie if it meets the criteria for purchase as per length, texture, etc.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by honeric01(m): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^

Sell which hair? the wig or the baldness? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ehn naija girls na why una dey steal brazilian women hair ?
abi una no dey proud of una own hair?
after some time na oyibo women na im naija girls go start to dey theive angry
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by zumbigbo(m): 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
The mere fact that the majority of Afrikan women are unsure of the origin of the hair they weave into their skin, plus the chemical processing that takes place to make it marketable is a sure sign that ignorance is bliss. How can wearing another persons' hair be seen as enlightened and positive behaviour. Even the chemical processes that take place through relaxing/softening/texturizing leave harmful toxins in the liver. The route of cultural acceptance is always one way - from the global north to the south. The majority of our women look hideous sporting the follical roots of our historical oppressors. Thankfully there is a cherished minority that value their own natural hair and value their innate beauty.

There is nothing stronger than seeing a sister with her 'fro out, hair weaved naturally, rocking a crewcut etc,
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by nomorename(f): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
Am surprised that some people do not believe that Brazilian or Indian Human hair is really what is being used! Why do you think it costs  so much? In fact the singer JEMILIA had a series in the UK where she was tracing the origin of all the hairs, it was shocking!

The Indian ones are mainly from Temples in India. Some of the hair was shown being picked from some kind of dump( the left overs) those are the cheaper ones. The program was called 'Whose Hair Is It Anyway (2008)'.

you can watch a lot of it on YouTube.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by ochukoccna: 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
Nice pic used by OP
Passes across the message without confusion.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by godman01(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
All this fake and artificial things.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by pendusky(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
jst passing
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Switup: 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
One BIG question TO all NL chicks/ladies. Wen will we ever begin 2 hear of 'NIGERIAN HAIR' OR NOTHING MOREsad That is to say a gal tell her BF 'If u love me then i must make Nigerian Hair'sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Varieties Of ASO-OKE At Affordable Prices / Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? / Would You Agree To Your Fiancee Wearing Trousers For Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.