Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) (25867 Views)

No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag / Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? / Nigerian Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by hbrednic: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
see what naija girls have caused,this is an intercontinental disgrace tongue tongue
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by BlackLibya: 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
The majority of our women look hideous sporting the follical roots of our historical oppressors. Thankfully there is a cherished minority that value their own natural hair and value their innate beauty.
jerseyboy:

Black women look like gorillas with these oyibo wigs. Certainly an admission of inferiority. Not being comfortable in your own skin hair. Pity

Agreed. Now women will complain you say they look like gorillas, instead of realizing you are telling them God made them more beautiful than they could be with the wigs.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:03am On Dec 03, 2011
Swit up:

One BIG question TO all NL chicks/ladies. Wen will we ever begin 2 hear of 'NIGERIAN HAIR' OR NOTHING MOREsad That is to say a gal tell her BF 'If u love me then i must make Nigerian Hair'sad
world war 3 will be the end result
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Ranoscky(m): 12:25am On Dec 03, 2011
Quote from freecocoa: "JAH bless you sweets,my thoughts exactly,I don't believe there's anything like 100% human hair in weaves,[/b]it either mixed or pure synthetic. Gotta sleep now, I'm practically sleep typing, catch ya lerra and stay fly."

freecocoa:

[b]I believe its a "lil" human hair
(if there's anything like that) and synthetic.any problems with that?
When u believe that their's a "lil" human hair in it, then it's also POSSIBLE that there can also be a 100% human hair without any mixture.

It's like sayin u believe they sale Car spare parts, but u dont believe they sale a whole full bodied Car.

Well, whichever u believe in, thaz just what makes us diff as humans. Err'persons CANNOT be dsame, or believe in dsame thing. Cool with u!
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by freecocoa(f): 2:17am On Dec 03, 2011
^
You know I wrote that cos the supply of the human hair is really much,I just keep wondering how many people actually sell their hair,but anyways it really isn't such a big issue for me so I'll let it be. I'm cool with you too,peace brother.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Jenifa1: 2:20am On Dec 03, 2011
yes I am happy

although most weaves are synthetic.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by sugardaddy1(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2011
I'm highly sensitive to people's plight, seeing the picture of that Brazillian lady in such a sober mood has really upset my system. As a result, all Naija babes expecting money for Brazilian hair from me this Christmas (hope you all are on this thread cos I won't repeat myself), I say with alll moral conviction that you won't' get a kobo . At best, I will pay a professional barber to make you all look like that sorrowful lady in the picture.
Sometimes, it's good to give some people a dose of their own medicine angry
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by iDo3: 7:04am On Dec 03, 2011
Either short hair or fake long hair does not matter! A beautiful woman would still be beautiful. Personally I prefer the old fashioned look with braids or afro.

The fake or permed "straightened" look does not turn me om. But I will support my woman in whatever makes her feel attractive.

Though I will not contribute to spending several thousands of Naira on fake hair. I guess a reasonable amount will vary according to each person's bank account.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by proffmanue(m): 7:30am On Dec 03, 2011
our ladies are more beautiful when they weave their hair.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by sexyglow(f): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2011
;DIt's synthetic,and not the natural human hair, Am even  about to  buy one  for my self thiS  season lol
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by stunna2(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2011
picture looks like that of Sinead O'connor in, truth!
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Funkymallam(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2011
For most of u saying its not human hair, pls read thia:

http://www.minnowfilms.co.uk/filmography/jamelia-whose-hair-Is-It-anyway.html
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Horus(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2011

Many of the hair used in the extensions are taken from corpses of dead peoples in India. Their hair is casually tossed into a bin, but it will never actually be thrown away. They will be sold to hair dealers and then shipped on to Africa. Why are you happy to wear the hairs of dead peoples on your head?
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2011
Hello, human hair, be it brazillian, indian, bla bla is popular everywhere, not only in Nigeria. Beyonce had a wig collection worth millions of dollars. Even whites use hair extensions and wigs, and process their hair chemically. Makes me wonder why it's only 'Nigerians' this so called picture is referring to. You Nigerians just love to castigate yourselves a lot. And so what if it's a dead person's hair? It's not like they'll be needing it in their graves, and if a woman sold her hair, i'm certain it's because she really needed the cash, I'm glad God blessed her with something to use as a last resort when poverty strikes. Worry instead about the level of poverty that would make a woman do that and stop deceiving yourselves, good hair makes a woman look great, that's the honest truth.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2011
Bludeville:

Hello, human hair, be it brazillian, indian, bla bla is popular everywhere, not only in Nigeria. Beyonce had a wig collection worth millions of dollars. Even whites use hair extensions and wigs, and process their hair chemically. Makes me wonder why it's only 'Nigerians' this so called picture is referring to. You Nigerians just love to castigate yourselves a lot. And so what if it's a dead person's hair? It's not like they'll be needing it in their graves, and if a woman sold her hair, i'm certain it's because she really needed the cash, I'm glad God blessed her with something to use as a last resort when poverty strikes. Worry instead about the level of poverty that would make a woman do that and stop deceiving yourselves, good hair makes a woman look great, that's the honest truth.

Lousy defence! So u look beautiful and still retain ur bad attitude. Why stunting the growth of ur own hair with a dead man's? These women, jesus! Scratching the head and hitting the head are what we see thesedays.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Orikinla(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2011
Do they also use Brazilian pubic hair?
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
Funny stuff. grin

And who's that trying to put a spin on Brazilian hair not natural angry
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Ferdiii, dumb, hypocritical, lousy attitude, judgemental, and maybe a chauvinist pig, just a few of the 'better' adjectives that sprung to my mind when i read your comment, Oh and BTW, i wasnt defending anything, i was just making a statement of fact, and any pragmatic/realistic person would attest to that, so get ur head out of the clouds boy *rme* *rme* what has a person's attitude got to do with a person's hair *smh*
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nosyke(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
Bludeville:

Hello, human hair, be it brazillian, indian, bla bla is popular everywhere, not only in Nigeria. Beyonce had a wig collection worth millions of dollars. Even whites use hair extensions and wigs, and process their hair chemically. Makes me wonder why it's only 'Nigerians' this so called picture is referring to. You Nigerians just love to castigate yourselves a lot.  And so what if it's a dead person's hair? It's not like they'll be needing it in their graves, and if a woman sold her hair, i'm certain it's because she really needed the cash, I'm glad God blessed her with something to use as a last resort when poverty strikes. Worry instead about the level of poverty that would make a woman do that and stop deceiving yourselves, good hair makes a woman look great, that's the honest truth.

Height of inferiority complex, if the ladies were using other peoples' hair, you wouldn't have seen any to wear, huh?
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by jimctu: 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2011
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by tpia5: 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
Beyonce had a wig collection worth millions of dollars

wow
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Jenifa1: 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2011
@OP, aren't they d ones selling their hair? what's wrong with buying and selling?  tongue
besides, hair grows back faster when u cut it off.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by BlackLibya: 4:12am On Dec 04, 2011
hair grows back faster when u cut it off.

not tru
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Jenifa1: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2011
it sha grows back. esp on a brazillian girl's head.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by honeric01(m): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2011
WOW, dead corpse's hair? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Horus(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
Those who sell and resell hairs are interrested in money only. There are numerous stories about people in parts of world being kidnapped & having their hair forcibly cut off & stolen by gangs to resell them. Some hair does come from dead peoples corpses. There is hair, taken from living people, that are filthy, full of nits & lice, or from people with a disease. But the hair is cleaned so nobody knows any different once it's packaged. The bottom line is, you're never going to truly know where your hair extensions came from unless you watched them be cut off, processed & packaged from start to finish.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by delpee(f): 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sometimes i calculate how many poor mouths can be fed, how many jobless people can be engaged in small businesses, how many GCE forms can be purchased for the less privileged ones, how many unemployed school leavers can be sponsored for apprenticeship and how many bags of cement can be bought by the average worker from the cost of one expensive Brazilian/Indian wig.

Its enough to discourage me and more so after watching the documentary on the young Indian girls at the temple sometime ago. Maybe its the way i am wired. We all have our preferences and are free to spend our income as we wish though. Just wondering aloud.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Nosyke(m): 12:04am On Dec 05, 2011
delpee:

Sometimes i calculate how many poor mouths can be fed, how many jobless people can be engaged in small businesses, how many GCE forms can be purchased for the less privileged ones, how many unemployed school leavers can be sponsored for apprenticeship and how many bags of cement can be bought by the average worker from the cost of one expensive Brazilian/Indian wig.

Its enough to discourage me and more so after watching the documentary on the young Indian girls at the temple sometime ago. Maybe its the way i am wired. We all have our preferences and are free to spend our income as we wish though. Just wondering aloud.

God Bless you real good.
By the way, which wire was used for you, is it cutix?If yes please direct me to where it was bought and the electirician that did the work so that most of our ladies would be rewired like you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by Blueinc: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2011
Human hair 'wig' actually comes from the Republic of India.
Re: Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) by delpee(f): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
Nosyke:

God Bless you real good.
By the way, which wire was used for you, is it cutix?If yes please direct me to where it was bought and the electirician that did the work so that most of our ladies would be rewired like you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
LOL! Maybe am just too old school to see the need for it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Varieties Of ASO-OKE At Affordable Prices / Would You Buy Ready-To-Wear Ankara Dresses Or Rather Sew ? / Would You Agree To Your Fiancee Wearing Trousers For Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.