Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko (18244 Views)

What Ojukwu Told Igbos In Kaduna In 2001 / What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko / What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko (SUN Newspaper) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by pazienza(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
truefact:

all i can is a bunch of betrayals coming from west, now i know why ojukwu failed, he trusted and confided to the wrong people

My thoughts exactly,Ojukwu was too trusting of the yoruba,from banjo to awolowo and now this aluko,Ironsi was too trusting of the North too. At least we now know where it all went wrong.

This aluko story cannot be said to the true,because the second party who happens to be Ojukwu is no longer alive to corroborate the story,for all we know,the man could just be another lying yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
hercules07:

@Kayci

Where in the write up do you see Ojukwu taking credit for releasing Awolowo, Sam Aluko's account seems fair enough and can be seen to be truthful.

Mr Hercules did you this write up well, he described when he was in prison in calabar, then released and when he was kept in hotel presidential , where he said if east go he will go with his ppl, b4 he made his way back to lagos for the final betrayal

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by pazienza(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2011
Infact,for all i care,this is nothing but lies from another yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Sonofpeace(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2011
Story! Story!! Story!!! Another lying old man. Why can't he let the dead to RIP.
Biafran soldiers begging him to tell Ojukwu to end the war,  How do they knew that he was a Doctor?  mind you these are soldiers in battle field and not his entourage.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by yuzedo: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2011
Chai!!!! Jisox!!!! shocked
This Sam Aluko is a f.ucking liar AND a snitch!!! grin
Poppycocks and balderdash I say! Unverifiable and totally convenient! angry

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by pazienza(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2011
The only only part of his story that is true is the Ogundipe story,he was supposed to be the next in line but was just to afraid to assert his authority,he was afraid of death,kai ! Cowardice runs in these people's blood,it was Ojukwu that was saying that Ogundipe should take over,non of the yoruba cowards was able to stand for what was theirs,bunch of cowards!

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2011
pazienza:

The only only part of his story that is true is the Ogundipe story,he was supposed to be the next in line but was just to afraid to assert his authority,he was afraid of death,kai ! Cowardice runs in these people's blood,it was Ojukwu that was saying that Ogundipe should take over,non of the yoruba cowards was able to stand for what was theirs,bunch  of cowards!

Next in line to what? Who told you there's a line of succession in the military to usurp the leadership of Nigeria. Ogundipe was a soldier, did it occur to you that if he didn't command the loyalty of his soldiers, he was as good as dead? Ironsi had just been murdered by these same guys, I guess he too could not assert his authority, but it took him a hail of bullets to find out.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2011
The man Prof Aluko is a lying, snitching, wicked and treacherous coward. Notice that he was assured of personal safety by Ojukwu in Enugu, who assigned armed soldiers to guard him. But once he got to Benin, HE FLED to Ibadan and from there to Gowon. He also lied a lot when he said that Rivers and Cross Rivers then hated Igbos more than they hated Hausas. How can that be when these same people were being killed in the North alongside Igbos? Of course more Igbos were killed because there were more Igbos in the North anyway, but to say that the killing was limited to Igbos is a BIG LIE by an educated man. Where is the decency of this professor? He alluded to his several betrayal of Ojukwu throughout the life of their friendship.
I love Ojukwu with a passion that would NEVER cease, though I think that Ojukwu's major undoing was his cosmopolitanism. The fact is that Ojukwu trusted too many Yoruba's.  
He continued that way even into his old age. Ojukwu was a hostage of his upbringing (in Lagos). He spoke Yoruba fluently and felt at home with them. They couldn't even trust him still! lol.

Lesson for all Igbos seeking stooopid cosmopolitanism in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

The man Prof Aluko is a lying, snitching, wicked and treacherous coward. Notice that he was assured of personal safety by Ojukwu in Enugu, who assigned armed soldiers to guard him. But once he got to Benin, HE FLED to Ibadan and from there to Gowon. He also lied a lot when he said that Rivers and Cross Rivers then hated Igbos more than they hated Hausas. How can that be when these same people were being killed in the North alongside Igbos? Of course more Igbos were killed because there were more Igbos in the North anyway, but to say that the killing was limited to Igbos is a BIG LIE by an educated man. Where is the decency of this professor? He alluded to his several betrayal of Ojukwu throughout the life of their friendship.
I love Ojukwu with a passion that would NEVER cease, though I think that Ojukwu's major undoing was his cosmopolitanism. The fact is that Ojukwu trusted too many Yoruba's.  
He continued that way even into his old age. Ojukwu was a hostage of his upbringing (in Lagos). He spoke Yoruba fluently and felt at home with them. They couldn't even trust him still! lol.

Lesson for all Igbos seeking stooopid cosmopolitanism in Nigeria.

What happened to Banjo who stayed and fought? How was he repaid for his loyalty?

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
Aigbofa:

What happened to Banjo who stayed and fought? How was he repaid for his loyalty?

He suffered the same fate as Ifeajuna -those who wanted to continue the January 1966 coup to bring it to their own favor and save their own skins at the end. He (like Ifeajuna) was still trying to topple Ojukwu. Nigeria had moved way past the January '66 coup. Banjo had two options: remain in Biafra and fight as a Biafran under Ojukwu, or go back to Nigeria and face justice in the hands of Murtala Muhammad.
He shouldn't eat his cake and have it. He wanted to use Ojukwu's head to buy favor in the hands of Murtala Muhammad. Of course he was killed, rightly I must add.  cool

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
The most pertinent question here really is, why didn't this man say all these when Ojukwu was still alive?
Why did he wait until his death to come and start revising history through his heart of treachery?
Odikwa egwu! sad

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by 9javoice1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2011
Anyway reading this writeup makes me lauf.
look an old man that should be thinking of how to be sincer is still lying.

He sudgested "aburi" ? infavor of who?
when aburi was held why is he not happy with the east?
ofcourse he dont like it cuz he is secret enemy.

did ojukwu knew he is one of the people that told gowon to renegade the accord agreement?
did he take into account how many igbo's that are been killed up north the accord are mearnt to save?
is oil the only thing he knew east will gain, wat abt peace protection? and he advice gowon to renegade.
the man is blatant lair

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

He suffered the same fate as Ifeajuna -those who wanted to continue the January 1966 coup to bring it to his favor and save his own skin at the end. He (like Ifeajuna) was still trying to topple Ojukwu. Nigeria had moved way past the January '66 coup. Banjo had two options: remain in Biafra and fight as a Biafran under Ojukwu, or go back to Nigeria and face justice in the hands of Murtala Muhammad.
He shouldn't eat his cake and have it. He wanted to use Ojukwu's head to buy favor in the hands of Murtala Muhammad. Of course he was killed, rightly I must add.  cool

So, Banjo could not have gone to any other country except Biafra or Nigeria? If Ojukwu had killed prof. Aluko, would it be hard to brand him a traitor to the Biafran cause?
The man did not become a respected prof by being silly, I wouldn't go back either.

Look, Ojukwu was afraid of his own shadows, that is why he killed Ifeajuna and Banjo. Nothing else.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2011
Aigbofa:

So, Banjo could not have gone to any other country except Biafra or Nigeria? If Ojukwu had killed prof. Aluko, would it be hard to brand him a traitor to the Biafran cause?
The man did not become a respected prof by being silly, I wouldn't go back either.

Banjo can rot in hell for all I care, it is this professors treachery that Ndigbo must learn from. Of course he was not "silly", rather Ojukwu was "silly" by trusting him.
This lesson is very important because I still see Igbos today repeating the same mistake of trying to be fair and trusting of others when others don't reciprocate it.
In fact the lesson is more relevant TODAY than then.
Notice that the professor has not changed since 1967. lol

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by tonymaz(m): 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2011
Ojukwu earned the respect and goodwill of the entire Igbo nations because of his love for the Igbo, equity and justice which he demonstrated till date. Our leaders should know that greatness is never given but earned.all  should learn from his ideals
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

Banjo can rot in hell for all I care, it is this professors treachery that Ndigbo must learn from.  Of course he was not "silly", rather Ojukwu was "silly" by trusting him.
This lesson is very important because I still see Igbos today repeating the same mistake of trying to be fair and trusting of others when others don't reciprocate it.
In fact the lesson is more relevant TODAY than then.
Notice that the professor has not changed since 1967. lol

You are just venting, my brother from across the Niger. I don't give a rat's arse either.

The prof did not change from what to what? He did not become a cash and carry prof like those from the East?
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
At this stage I have to say that some Igbos who criticize Ojukwu's weakness as a leader, find their strongest points on his mindset towards Yorubas and Northerners. Ojukwu never really saw these people in raw terms.
I really doubt that an Igboman born and raised in the East would make all these mistakes.
Ojukwu was born in the North and raised in the West. His first time of living in the East was when he was appointed Governor of Eastern region. All these affected his strategic perspectives of Nigeria.
He was a rare leader, but like all humans, he had his faults, some of which were embedded in his upbringing.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

At this stage I have to say that some Igbos who criticize Ojukwu's weakness as a leader, find their strongest points on his mindset towards Yorubas and Northerners. Ojukwu never really saw these people in raw terms.
I really doubt that an Igboman born and raised in the East would make all these mistakes.
Ojukwu was born in the North and raised in the West. His first time of living in the East was when he was appointed Governor of Eastern region. All these affected his strategic perspectives of Nigeria.
He was a rare leader, but like all humans, he had his faults, some of which were embedded in his upbringing.  

You are carrying so much animosity in you and it's blinding you from seeing reality. An Independent Biafra will not relocate to another place, it will forever remain within an earshot of your perceived enemies. You better get used to that.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
Aigbofa:

You are carrying so much animosity in you and it's blinding you from seeing reality. An Independent Biafra will not relocate to another place, it will forever remain within an earshot of your perceived enemies. You better get used to that.

lol, you see that is where you are WRONG my friend. If you say I am becoming more enlightened, I would say YES. hehe!  grin  cool
These whole information is GOLD to discerning Igbo folks. It has nothing to do with love or hate. It has everything to do with REALITY or REALISM, ie, how others see us in Nigeria. We have to at least understand how groups operate in Nigeria, if we would ever stand a chance of getting a Biafra. Our failure began in not understanding that professors can lie and stab people who trusted them.
I bet you a lot of Igbo people didn't even know that professors can lie until Maurice Iwu showed up. lol
This is another professor lying through his teeth, but this one is far more dangerous because he is unrepentantly betraying someone who loved and trusted him till his death. Unprecedented.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

lol, you see that is where you are WRONG my friend. If you say I am becoming more enlightened, I would say YES. hehe!  grin  cool
These whole information is GOLD to discerning Igbo folks. It has nothing to do with love or hate. It has everything to do with REALITY or REALISM, ie, how others see us in Nigeria. We have to at least understand how groups operate in Nigeria, if we would ever stand a chance of getting a Biafra. Our failure began in not understanding that professors can lie and stab people who trusted them.
I bet you a lot of Igbo people didn't even know that professors can lie until Maurice Iwu showed up. lol
This is another professor lying through his teeth, but this one is far more dangerous because he is unrepentantly betraying someone who loved and trusted him till his death. Unprecedented.

The prof. did not stab anyone, unless you read a different account from the one I read. You are free to interpret it whichever way you want, afterall, even the man whose actions directly led to the death of 2 million people is being portrayed today a sort of a hero.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
Aigbofa:

The prof. did not stab anyone, unless you read a different account from the one I read. You are free to interpret it whichever way you want, afterall, even [b]the man whose actions directly led to the death of 2 million people [/b]is being portrayed today a sort of a hero.

As a matter of fact the professor is indirectly responsible for the death of those people because he kept snitching on Ojukwu to Gowon. lol
However, the most important lesson is for Igbos, nobody else.
You would not understand because you are Yoruba. You never trust anyone, lol which is good for your survival.
I just want to borrow a little leaf, but frankly I wouldn't make some of Ojukwu's mistakes. My strategic view is phenomenal. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth:

As a matter of fact the professor is indirectly responsible for the death of those people because he kept snitching on Ojukwu to Gowon. lol
However, the most important lesson is for Igbos, nobody else.
You would not understand because you are Yoruba. You never trust anyone, lol which is good for your survival.
I just want to borrow a little leaf, but frankly I wouldn't make some of Ojukwu's mistakes. My strategic view is phenomenal.  cool

Ok, Onlytruth. I'm still waiting for the day you will tell the truth though. LOL grin
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by expert555: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Deligence
Please leave Aluko out of this argument, the man tried to be as honest as possible. Don’t make him part of the argument his statement is quite clear to anyone in this forum.

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by expert555: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Jerseyboy

Stop being melodramatic I will certainly do what Ojukwu did. No one want to see his people massacred or downgraded in promotion not do anything. His is a true hero; this is a war he did not initial as far as I’m concerned he had no choice. More so if Gowon had implemented the agreement they signed in Aburi the war would have not taken place.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by olajide8(m): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
I read through the two expositions and came to realise something ojukwu was an unbaised nigerian yes he made a few mistakes and so many lives suffered for it but he was a down to earth person not like the tribal sentiments that are whipped up by some, Prof aluko was a very honest friend a typical yoruba man like me knowing fully well that ojukwu would. Be fully prepared and would outwit Gowon, and telling Gowon that it was just a meeting/discussion  in Aburi giving ojukwu the upper hand to play his cards and smile with it knowing that if the east went the west would also follow suit using the same Aburi accord as a pancea this could be nominated for a grammy if a film was produced around this story Ojukwu new their would be greater challenges internally-solid, the truth is only true federalism or is it confederalism is the best option. Heroes past

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by juman(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2011
From the begining Nigeria was never one and will never be one.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by lagcity(m): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2011
Yoruba and Igbo will always be enemies. No Igbo should trust Yoruba and vice versa. We are enemies and don't owe each other anything, get used to it!

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by 9jaIhail(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
MY QUESTION IS,WHY IS IT THAT PROF ALUKO DID NOT SAY THIS WHEN OJUKWU HIM SELF IS ALIVE, SO THAT THE MAN CAN CLEARIFY IF HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH. YOU SEE IF ANYONE ACCUSED PROF ALUKO OF BEEN A LIAR THAT PERSON IS 100% RIGHT, HOW CAN YOU ACCUSED SOME ONE WHO IS DEAD? IT'S UP TO PROF ALUKO TO SAY HIS MOUTH AND SAY OJUKWU'S MOUTH.

IN ALL INDICATION I WILL LIKE TO ARRIVE IN CONCLUSION THAT PROF IS NOT A FRIEND OF OJUKWU IF HE IS TRUE FRIEND OF OJUKWU HE CANNOT SAY ALL THIS SHIT AFTER THE MAN IS DEAD,THIS IS NOT A FAIR LIE MY PEOPLE. HAD IT BEEN HE SAID THIS WHEN OJUKWU WAS ALIVE I KNEW NIGERIA PRESS THEY WILL MAKE SURE THEY REACH OJUKWU TO HEAR HIS OWN SIDE OF THE STORY. I THINK PROF IS SUFFERING FROM OLD AGE.

THERE IS ADAGE IN MY TRIBE WHICH SAYS WHEN LION IS DEAD RABBIT WILL COME DRAGGING HIM OF OLD DEBT, THAT IS WHAT I WILL SAY PROF ALUKO IS DOING RIGHT HERE BUT HE NEED TO ACT LIKE A WISE AND EDUCATED MAN.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by eros(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
When you read inbetween the lines, there is alot to learn from history and trusting the Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by houvest: 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2011
Interesting Reading. However there are a number of fallacies and  loads of prejudice and the fact that all these came out after the death of the other party leaves a lot of question marks. 1/ Biafra was not forced on Igbos, It was a survival measure. I wonder how soldiers trained to defend themselves and their people after seeing tens of thousands of their kit and kin massacred in the North will tell Aluko that they did not want to fight when actually the civilians were begging Ojukwu to give them guns and even matchets to go and fight.( Ojukwu nye anyi mma, nye anyi egbe outcry) If Aluko was really in the East then I am surprised that he did not understand the anger in people's heart then. 2/ To say that the people of Cross River and Rivers were anti Biafra ab initio is historically false. Certainly there were antagonists like Elechi Amadi , SaroWiwa,etcas there were a handful also among Igbos eg Asika Ukpabi but they were also in the minority but grew as things started looking south and especially after the states creation by Gowon. But up to the end of the war many non Igbo Biafrans were pro Biafra. I still remember as a toddler the many Ijaw people that ran to my village in Imo as refugees and lived in our house with us. It is unfortunate that the antagonists  gained the upper hand through anti-igbo propaganda especially the then Rivers and was able to sway the others and even dragging the Ikwerres their way to the extent of being able to perpetrate one of the most inhumane treatments to their Igbo brothers post civil war infamously called the abandoned property saga. The matter of voting for the hausas were all part of the continuation of the war after the war. Before the war ,Ziks ncnc always swept the votes in all those areas.After all, Eyo Ita from Cross River was the Governor of Eastern Nigeria before the infamous western cross- carpetting made Zik leave Ibadan for Enugu to replace him. Much bad blood rose between the Efik/bibios and Igbos from that but not to the point of fearing the Igbos more than the hausas who killed them eqaully as the Igbos. The fact people forget about Biafra was that it was a survivalist option no matter how faulted people can make of it with the benefit of hindsight. The Eastern Consultative assembly had representatives from all nooks and crannies of Biafra and voted overwhelmingly for Ojukwu to pull out Biafra. The Republic of Biafra :

Resolution by the Eastern Region
Consultative Assembly

We, the Chiefs, Elders and Representatives of Eastern Nigeria,
gathered at this Joint meeting of the Advisory Committee of Chiefs
and Elders and the Consultative Assembly do solemnly declare as
follows:
Whereas we have been in the vanguard of the national movement for the
building of a strong, united and prosperous Nigeria where no man will
be oppressed and have devoted our efforts, talents and resources to
this end;
Whereas we cherish certain inalienable human rights and state
obligations such as the right to life, liberty and pursuit of
happiness; the right to acquire, possess and defend property; the
provision of security; and the establishment of good and just
government based on the consent of the governed;
Whereas in practical demonstration of these beliefs, our people
settled in other parts of Nigeria, served their country in many
capacities, and contributed immensely to the growth and development
of Nigeria;
Whereas we are living witnesses of injustices and atrocities
committed against Eastern Nigeria, among which are the premeditated
murder of over 30,000 of our innocent men,
women and children by Northern Nigerians, the calculated destruction
of the property of our sons and daughters, the shameless conversion
of two million Eastern Nigerians into refugees in their own country,
all this without remorse;
Whereas in consequence of these and other acts of discrimination and
injustice, we have painfully realized that the Federation of Nigeria
has failed, and has given us no protection;
Whereas in spite of these facts, the Government and people of Eastern
Nigeria have persisted in their efforts to find a practical and just
solution that would preserve the continued existence of Nigeria as
one corporate unit and restore peace and confidence as demonstrated
by the initiative of our Military Governor in getting all the
military leaders together at Aburi, Ghana;
Whereas the hopes which the Aburi Agreement engendered have proved to
be misplaced and have been destroyed by a series of acts of bad faith
and distortions and finally by a refusal on the part of the >Lagos
Government= to implement these and other Agreements notwithstanding
the fact that they were freely and voluntarily entered into;
Whereas the Federation of Nigeria has forfeited any claim to our
allegiance by these acts and by the economic, political and
diplomatic sanctions imposed against us by the so-called Federal
Government;
And whereas the object of government is the good of the governed and
the will of the people its ultimate sanction;
Now, therefore, in consideration of these and other facts and
injustices, we, the Chiefs, Elders and Representatives of all the
Twenty Provinces of Eastern Nigeria, assembled in this Joint Meeting
of the Advisory Committee of Chiefs and Elders and the Consultative
Assembly, at Enugu this 27th day of May, 1967, we hereby solemnly:
a. Mandate His Excellency Lt. Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu,
Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria, to declare at the earliest
practicable date Eastern Nigeria a free, sovereign and independent
sate by the name and title of the Republic of Biafra.
B. Resolve that the new Republic of Biafra shall have the full and
absolute powers of a sovereign state, and shall establish commerce,
levy war, conclude peace, enter into diplomatic relations, and carry
out, as of right, other sovereign responsibilities.
C. Direct that the Republic of Biafra may enter into arrangement with
any sovereign unit or units in what remains of Nigeria or in any part
of African desirous of association with us for the purpose of running
a common services organization and for the establishment of economic
ties.
D. Recommend that the Republic of Biafra should become a member of
the Commonwealth of Nations, the Organization of African Unity and
the United Nations Organization.
E. Recommend the adoption of a Federal Constitution based on the new
provincial units.
F. Re-affirm His Excellency's assurance of protection for the persons,
properties and businesses of foreign nationals in our territory.
G. Declare our unqualified confidence in the Military Governor of
Eastern Nigeria, Lt. Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, and assure him
of our unreserved support for the way and manner he has handled the
crisis in the country.

So help us God.

3/ With respect to the above, itis clear that Alukos approach to Ojukwu not to declare Biafra if it was true was completely not taking into consideration the feelings in eastern nigeria then and the power and opinion of the people representad by the consultative assembly.

4/ It is a fallacy to say that the only senatorial seat NPN lost in the East in 1983 election was Ojukwus seat.

5/ Aluko has made himself appear as a go- between between Ojukwu and Gowon and even brokered the Aburi parley. Is it not strange that he did not go with Gowon to make the peace,,neither other technocrats from the Nigeria side like Awo. I really smell a rat here. It appears with the benefit of hindsight that the parley was already  designed to fail ab initio no matter the outcome. Using the well-worn argument that Ojukwu outsmarted the others because he was better educated or better prepared is funny. It was the best opportunity to stop the war but it appears that some people surreptitiously wanted the war fought at all costs to ,at worst, wipe out the Igbos or ,at best, make them go backwards for decades
. How come all the wisemen suddenly disappeared from the scene so that there would be an excuse to renege from the agreements?

WELL ABURI STILL BEGS THE NIGERIAN QUESTION. NIGERIAS PROBLEMS, BOKO HARAM, MEND, EGBESU, OPc, MASSOB OGONI ETC,SNC, ETC ARE ALL BEGGING FOR AN ABURI-LIKE SOLUTION.

6/ Of all the books I have read on the war, I have never ever heard that Britain and Russia ever supported Biafra at a point but to bring in the oil propaganda into the equation Aluko has to say that Ojukwu claimed they are behind him but he had to warn him that it was because the Oilfields were in his hands. WEll I leave that to historians to assess whether Britain or Russia ever supported Biafra and left them when the oilfields fell into Nigerian hands. or whether France ever stopped supporting Biafra and if so because they had lost the oil areas. The cheapness of such a shot almost ridicules the whole interview.

2 Likes

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by HighChief4(m): 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
eros:

When you read inbetween the lines, there is alot to learn from history and trusting the Yoruba man.

Wish we realized this earlier, but now we do.

That Amala Professor is a big traitor and betrayed Ikemba, even before the war he had already concluded that Ikemba would not win it and he was giving out Ikemba's secret numbers without his consent. Obviously he was against Biafra and worked against it

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by houvest: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
I just met a man today from Ishagu in Delta State. He ran away from Nigeria few years after the war and had only visited once - when his mother died. I felt like weeping when he told his story. He said he remembers vividly how the Nigerian soldiers came to his village one night and gathered all the men. He said that it is ingrained in his mind how the mothers covered their faces as their uncles and fathers were shot in the back by the Nigerian soldiers  He said the whole village lived in the bush for 3 years and were still scared to go home after 1970 january when the war ended. When one hears such stories  and stories of the Asaba massacre you now wonder why folks like Aluko who claimed to be Ojukwu's friends would come here and say they were telling him that he should stop the war halfway. They forget that the massacres before and during the war would make any group to prefer a war of attrition to an unceremonious or unplanned or unnegotiated surrender to certain massacre. Things people will  peddle around to appear sympathethic or surreptitiously blame their so-called friends. Another thing I find strange with Aluko's naration is the part that Ojukwu called him to tell him it was all over and was discussing where to run to. How could Ojukwu discuss such with somebody he knows relays his discussions to Gowon? Would'nt he have been risking capture. Well these are my thoughts. Only God knows the truth but logic questions such things.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC Certificate / Okorocha Sues Malami, EFCC, Demands ₦1bn Damages Over Abuja Home Invasion / Kogi State Replies Dangote On Obajana Cement (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.