Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko (18249 Views)

What Ojukwu Told Igbos In Kaduna In 2001 / What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko / What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko (SUN Newspaper) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by 9jaIhail(m): 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
READING THIS MADE IT CLEAR THAT GOWON PLAYED IMMATURE CHARATERS THAT LEAD TO THE CIVIL WAR.BRETHREN READ THIS AND CONCLUDE IT

Anybody who was present at the Aburi meeting or has read the minutes, the communiqués, statements, and verbatim reports would be surprised that a person who calls himself a head of state could so deliberately mislead accredited representatives of foreign governments by saying that the implementation of each item of the conclusions required prior detailed examination by the administrative and professional experts in the various fields. The conclusions in Aburi were no proposals but decisions taken by the highest authority in the land.

What happened in fact was that specific matters, namely, the decrees and sections of decrees to be repealed, the mechanics of army reorganization, and the question of rehabilitation of refugees, were referred to experts. The meeting of the financial experts to consider the question of rehabilitation of displaced persons has not been held because the Ministry of Finance does not think that such a meeting would serve any useful purpose. The army experts met and reached agreements, but these were rejected.

Lieutenant-Colonel Yakubu Gowon told the Heads of Missions that the agreement about returning the regions to the positions before January 17 also meant in effect that the Federal Government in Lagos would continue to carry on its functions as before. He failed to inform the world that the decisions taken at Aburi, the Federal Government meant no more than the Supreme Military Council. No one of course who knows the sort of advice Lieutenant-Colonel Gowon is receiving in Lagos would be surprised by this suppression and distortion of the truth.

The actual Aburi decisions read as follows:
Members agree that the legislative and executive authority of the Federal Military Government should remain in the Supreme Military Council, to which any decision affecting the whole country shall be referred for determination provided that where it is possible for a meeting to be held the matter requiring determination must be referred to military governors for their comment and concurrence.
Specifically, the council agreed that appointments to senior ranks in the police, diplomatic, and consular services as well as appointment to superscale posts in the federal civil service and the equivalent posts in the statutory corporation must be approved by the Supreme Military Council.

The regional members felt that all the decrees passed since January 15, 1966, and which detracted from previous powers and positions of regional governments, should be repealed if mutual confidence is to be restored.
It is difficult to understand the introduction of the word “veto” into the matter. The Aburi Agreement was that any decision, which affected the whole country must receive the concurrence of all the military governors because of their special responsibilities in their different area of authority and so to the country as a corporate whole.
On the reorganisation of the army, it is for Lieutenant-Colonel Gowon to explain to the world what he means by the “army continuing to be under one command,” when in the very next sentence of his statement he also speaks of an agreement to establish area commands corresponding with the existing regional boundaries. This contradiction in itself tells the truth, and one does not need to belabor the point.

The actual decision of the Supreme Military Council as recorded in the official minutes reads as follows:

The Council decides that:
(i) on reorganization of the army:
(a) Army to be governed by the Supreme Military Council under a chairman to be known Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and Head of the Federal Military Government.
(b) Establishment of a military headquarters comprising equal representation from the regions and headed by a Chief of Staff.
(c) Creation of area commands corresponding to existing regions and under the charge of area commander.
(d) Matters of policy, including appointments and promotions to top executive posts in the armed forces and the police, to be dealt with by the Supreme Military Council.
(e) During the period of the military government, military governors will have control over area commands for internal security.
(f) Creation of a Lagos garrison, including Ikeja barracks.

It is clear from the Aburi decisions that what was envisaged was a loosely knit army administered by a representative military headquarters under the charge of a Chief of Staff and commanded by the Supreme Military Council, not by Lieutenant-Colonel Yakubu Gowon, as he claimed in his present statement to the diplomats.
According to the Aburi Agreements “the following appointments must be approved by the Supreme Military Council; (a) diplomatic and consular posts; (b) senior posts in the armed forces and the police; (c) superscale federal civil service and federal corporation posts.”
Everyone with even the most superficial acquaintance with the Nigerian civil service knows what those expressions mean and connote.

To confuse issue, Lieutenant-Colonel Gowon gave the impression that the main difference between him and me on this particular decision was that I insisted on canceling the appointments of existing civil servants. I can think of nothing more slanderous.

It is clear from Gowon’s statement in question that he is prepared to distort the verbatim reports of the Aburi meeting. To keep the public informed, the Eastern Nigerian Broadcasting Service will be playing the tape records of the proceedings live at scheduled times, Arrangement have been completed to transform those tape recordings to long-playing gramophone records , We are also going ahead to print and publish the documents and records of Aburi meeting. We in the East are anxious to see that our difficulties are resolved by peaceful means and that Nigeria is preserved as a unit, but it is doubtful, and the world must judge whether Lieutenant-Colonel Gowon’s attitudes and other exhibitions of his insincerity are something which can lead to a return of normalcy and confidence in the country.
I must warn all Easterners once again to remain vigilant. The East will never be intimidated, nor will she acquiesce to any form of dictation. It is not our intention to play the aggressor. Nonetheless, it is not our intention to be slaughtered in our beds, We are ready to defend our homeland.

Fellow countrymen and women, on Aburi We Stand. There will be no compromise. God grant peace in our time.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by redsquare(m): 11:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
This Aluko guy has gone senile. He just waited for Ojukwu to die before he said all these crap. He betrayed a man that trusted him with all his life. A man that consulted him before he made any arrangement. This has shown Nigerians who the Yorubas are. I swear, they are the problem we are facing as a country. Forget the Igbos, the Hausas, the Ijaws, the Ogonis, the Idomas,the Fulanis etc, the day the Yorubas cease being Nigerians, the day this country would live in peace. So they were not comfortable with the way things were going pre 1966, but they lacked the balls to make the bold move. Hear them, 'the day the Igbos leave the confederation, the day we would leave'. Buncha cowards.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by HighChief4(m): 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2011
houvest:

I just met a man today from Ishagu in Delta State. He ran away from Nigeria few years after the war and had only visited once - when his mother died. I felt like weeping when he told his story. He said he remembers vividly how the Nigerian soldiers came to his village one night and gathered all the men. He said that it is ingrained in his mind how the mothers covered their faces as their uncles and fathers were shot in the back by the Nigerian soldiers  He said the whole village lived in the bush for 3 years and were still scared to go home after 1970 january when the war ended. When one hears such stories  and stories of the Asaba massacre you now wonder why folks like Aluko who claimed to be Ojukwu's friends would come here and say they were telling him that he should stop the war halfway. They forget that the massacres before and during the war would make any group to prefer a war of attrition to an unceremonious or unplanned or unnegotiated surrender to certain massacre. Things people will  peddle around to appear sympathethic or surreptitiously blame their so-called friends. Another thing I find strange with Aluko's naration is the part that Ojukwu called him to tell him it was all over and was discussing where to run to. How could Ojukwu discuss such with somebody he knows relays his discussions to Gowon? Would'nt he have been risking capture. Well these are my thoughts. Only God knows the truth but logic questions such things.

Take any word from that amala professor at your own peril

redsquare:

This Aluko guy has gone senile. He just waited for Ojukwu to die before he said all these crap. He betrayed a man that trusted him with all his life. A man that consulted him before he made any arrangement. This has shown Nigerians who the Yorubas are. I swear, they are the problem we are facing as a country. Forget the Igbos, the Hausas, the Ijaws, the Ogonis, the Idomas,the Fulanis etc, the day the Yorubas cease being Nigerians, the day this country would live in peace. So they were not comfortable with the way things were going pre 1966, but they lacked the balls to make the bold move. Hear them, 'the day the Igbos leave the confederation, the day we would leave'. Buncha cowards.

Not just to Igbos, they sell their own too. They have sold so many of their illustrous sons to the almajiris, even Awo was sold by his people. So its in their nature
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
redsquare:

grin grin grin grin grin grin am so sorry but an Igbo man saying yorubas are the problem shocked shocked shocked shocked Nothing pesin no go hear for internet.

Ok yorubas are cowards, How does that affect Nigeria or Igbos ?

Yorubas are betrayers, then don't make deals with them undecided

Yorubas are tribalsitic then, don't go to Lagos or any Western state for commercial purposes or schooling since you know they are tribalsitic

Abi, what is it self that u people keep looking for that you keep to blame a group for the Nation's woes ?

Today it is yorubas fault

tomorrow it is hausa

next it is fulani

next month it is Ijaw. LOL funny from someone that has low self esteem

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by HighChief4(m): 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2011
alj_harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin am so sorry but an Igbo man saying yorubas are the problem shocked shocked shocked shocked Nothing pesin no go hear for internet.

Yorubas are tribalsitic then, don't go to Lagos or any Western state for commercial purposes or schooling since you know they are tribalsitic

Abi, what is it self that u people keep looking for that you keep to blame a group for the Nation's woes ?

tomorrow it is hausa

next it is fulani

And you are expecting someone to respond to the rubbish you just wrote above? Honestly, you are so treacherous even more than the record holder Awo himself

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2011
High_Chief:

And you are expecting someone to respond to the rubbish you just wrote above? Honestly, you are so treacherous even more than the record holder Awo himself
grin grin grin grin

treachery coming from you shocked

I mean tell me, engage with me. I really want to know why you people are acting like an uneasy spirit .

What is disturbing you people's soul

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by HighChief4(m): 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^Its the spirit of Innocent nigerians that are murdered in the North that is disturbing your soul
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^Its the spirit of Innocent nigerians that are murdered in the North that is disturbing your soul

Lets respect the dead. and may Allah bring those murderers to Justice.

My point is why call yorubas the problem of Nigeria, I mean just stop engaging with them, then maybe you people would find peace. I am just saying

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by 9jaIhail(m): 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
ALJ HARAM.I WILL LIKE YOU TO SHUT THE Bleep.

HOW DARE YOU TELLING THE SS/SE NOT TO GO TO LAGOS IS IT BECAUSE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT USED THE MONEY FROM THE RESOURCES TO DEVELOP LAGOS AND ABUJA NOW THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE RESOURCES ARE LEFT BEHIND IS THAT YOUR REASON TO REJOICE OR TO USE SUCH STATEMENT, NOW LAGOS AND ABUJA IS DEVELOPED THE OWNERS HAS SURFACED.
IT WAS THIS TYPE OF STATEMENTS THAT PROVOKED THE NGER DELTA PEOPLE BY SO DOING WE HAVE MEND WHICH ALMOST LEAD TO ANOTHER CIVIL WAR IF THE SOUTH EAST HAVE JOINED THE MEND GROUP TO CLAMOR FOR RESOURCE CONTROL IT WOULD HAVE GONE BEYOND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTROL BY SO DOING WAR MIGHT BROKE OUT . I WILL HUMBLY ADVICE YOU TO MIND THE STATEMENTS YOU USE BECAUSE IT IS VERY BITTER IN THE HEART OF MANY HOW SHELL AND CO IS BUSY DRILLING THE OIL AND THE MONEY IS BUSY DEVELOPING LAGOS AND ABUJA.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

ALJ HARAM.I WILL LIKE YOU TO SHUT THE bleep.

HOW DARE YOU TELLING THE SS/SE NOT TO GO TO LAGOS IS IT BECAUSE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT USED THE MONEY FROM THE RESOURCES TO DEVELOP LAGOS AND ABUJA NOW THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE RESOURCES ARE LEFT BEHIND IS THAT YOUR REASON TO REJOICE OR TO USE SUCH STATEMENT, NOW LAGOS AND ABUJA IS DEVELOPED THE OWNERS HAS SURFACED.
IT WAS THIS TYPE OF STATEMENTS THAT PROVOKED THE NGER DELTA PEOPLE BY SO DOING WE HAVE MEND WHICH ALMOST LEAD TO ANOTHER CIVIL WAR IF THE SOUTH EAST HAVE JOINED THE MEND GROUP TO CLAMOR FOR RESOURCE CONTROL IT WOULD HAVE GONE BEYOND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTROL BY SO DOING WAR MIGHT BROKE OUT . I WILL HUMBLY ADVICE YOU TO MIND THE STATEMENTS YOU USE BECAUSE IT IS VERY BITTER IN THE HEART OF MANY HOW SHELL AND CO IS BUSY DRILLING THE OIL AND THE MONEY IS BUSY DEVELOPING LAGOS AND ABUJA.  

then why are you complaining. I NEVER ADDED SS to it because they don't post bull crap like you and others in this forum

In fact the miniterial represnetative of Lagos is a SS man, and we have peri of Ajegunle, that shows the accommodiating nature of Lagos and Abuja

Now my question is

yorubas are cowards, How does that affect Nigeria or Igbos ?

Yorubas are betrayers, then don't make deals with them

Answer the question.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by redsquare(m): 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
alj_harem:

tomorrow it is hausa

next it is fulani

Ewu hausa, you and your illiterate almajiri brothers are the least of our problems now. Go and address the issue of Boko Haram in your desert encroached north before spewing trash here. Nama like you.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2011
redsquare:

Ewu hausa, you and your illiterate almajiri brothers are the least of our problems now. Go and address the issue of Boko Haram in your desert encroached north before spewing trash here. Nama like you.

1. When did I ever call myself an Hausa man ? I have called myself Yoruba, Nupe, Igbo, bini, ijaw and kanuri Never HAUSA so please don't refer to me as hausa.

2. The problem in Nigeria has nothing to do with ethnicity rather individuals. Instead of insulting and blaming the yorubas today and hausa tomorrow I rather you give a solution to corruption in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 04, 2011
alj fulani or whatever ur name is don't try and play mr good man here. today you are supporting a tribe , tomorrow, you are backlashing them. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by icez: 12:06am On Dec 04, 2011
What a story. Why did it come after the man had died?
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by guonno: 12:08am On Dec 04, 2011
If u read carefully, u will notice that the reporter sensed betrayal when he(reporter) asked prof sam if he(sam) told gowon what ojukwu told him(sam). U will notice it was after the question he said he took permision from ojujwu to betray him(ojukwu). Prof sam has told his own story, i also heard a story from a writer saying that it was ojukwu that released awo whom was jailed by the north people, and that the coup plot was to install him because the west had no freedom at all, infact awo was jailed because he wanted to cough fowl play. Now, almost all the people involved are dead, whom shall we ask for confirmation? Remember that the north rulled, and the igbos followed, but west was in the opposition crying fowl, now tell me that the west had no hand in the coup. I have said it and i will keep saying it, the yorubas are sabotage and cowards, awolowo said the west was afraid of the north, but they could not do anything to correct their maginalization hence gowon kicked out the yoruba officer that was surpose to be head of state by right of rank. Ndi ara.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by 9jaIhail(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2011
according to nigeria government it says every land in nigeria belongs to all nigerians,now when u start saying don't go to lagos or don't go to enugu or abuja.that means oil belongs to the people who it was found in their areas?.are you telling me that if nigeria authority is fair how can imo abia ijaw and the rest of south south which is oil producing states will be left as rural environment.this country has many things to address.as you said igbo's should stop coming to lagos it shows the level of idiotic in you.how can you use their resources and develop another man land and tell them not to come to that land.well if igbo's hear that from any of our president i am assuring you that the next day you will hear that shell workers in oguta  and abia has been abducted over night.stop using those words because it creating problem
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 12:14am On Dec 04, 2011
@miguel:

alj fulani or whatever your name is don't try and play mr good man here. today you are supporting a tribe , tomorrow, you are backlashing them. angry angry angry angry angry

support a tribe ? where did you get that from.

I rather see things from an objective point of view than support even My own.

I think you should do the same. There is no gain in support even your own ethnic group when the whole corrupt system is independent of ethnicity.

Now we have certain elements in our political roam that have kept us under locks by pointing out ethnic groups and wiping up sentiments against them for there OWN purpose to power.

I was never a tribalist an I feel ashame for some of the things I have posted but heck Nchara MUST GO DOWN grin
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 12:22am On Dec 04, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

[size=13pt]according to nigeria government it says every land in nigeria belongs to all nigerians,now when u start saying don't go to lagos or don't go to enugu or abuja[/size].that means oil belongs to the people who it was found in their areas?.are you telling me that if nigeria authority is fair how can imo abia ijaw and the rest of south south which is oil producing states will be left as rural environment.this country has many things to address.as you said igbo's should stop coming to lagos it shows the level of idiotic in you.how can you use their resources and develop another man land and tell them not to come to that land.well if igbo's hear that from any of our president i am assuring you that the next day you will hear that shell workers in oguta  and abia has been abducted over night.stop using those words because it creating problem
Thank you very much

Since you know the highlighted then STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YORUBAS OR ANYONE ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA

THEY DID NOT FUCCCKING BEG ANYONE TO COME TO THERE LAND NEITHER DID THEY CHASE ANYONE OUT. SO STOP CALLING THEM TRIBALSITIC OR WHATEVER OK !

thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by redsquare(m): 12:22am On Dec 04, 2011
alj_harem:

1. When did I ever call myself an Hausa man ? I have called myself Yoruba, Nupe, Igbo, bini, ijaw and kanuri Never HAUSA so please don't refer to me as hausa.

2. The problem in Nigeria has nothing to do with ethnicity rather individuals. Instead of insulting and blaming the yorubas today and hausa tomorrow I rather you give a solution to corruption in Nigeria

Hypocrisy is one deadly disease. Now you know that the problem in Nigeria has nothing to do with ethnicity. But you Alhaji Boko Haram is always the first to call the Igbos in every crime committed in Nigeria. Take it or leave it, Prof Aluko betrayed the late Ikemba who was even agitating for another Yoruba man (Ogundipe) to be at the helm of affairs. Sorry Ikemba, your detrabalised/open minded nature made you  loose the civil war. RIP.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 12:23am On Dec 04, 2011
guonno:

If u read carefully, u will notice that the reporter sensed betrayal when he(reporter) asked prof sam if he(sam) told gowon what ojukwu told him(sam). U will notice it was after the question he said he took permision from ojujwu to betray him(ojukwu). Prof sam has told his own story, i also heard a story from a writer saying that it was ojukwu that released awo whom was jailed by the north people, and that the coup plot was to install him because the west had no freedom at all, infact awo was jailed because he wanted to cough fowl play. Now, almost all the people involved are dead, whom shall we ask for confirmation? Remember that the north rulled, and the igbos followed, but west was in the opposition crying fowl, now tell me that the west had no hand in the coup. I have said it and i will keep saying it, the yorubas are sabotage and cowards, awolowo said the west was afraid of the north, but they could not do anything to correct their maginalization hence gowon kicked out the yoruba officer that was surpose to be head of state by right of rank. Ndi ara.

I think you are drunk, who are the ndi ara ?
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by jason123: 12:25am On Dec 04, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

ALJ HARAM.I WILL LIKE YOU TO SHUT THE bleep.

Where did he add the SS? Are you okay ?? HE DID NOT ADD THE SS. The Oba of Eko has a SS root. The ministerial representative is a SSoutherner.

Where the mess did you see SS? What the mess is SS/SE? There is the SS and the SE, abi you dey fear stay on your own?

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by aljharem3: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2011
redsquare:

Hypocrisy is one deadly disease. Now you know that the problem in Nigeria has nothing to do with ethnicity. But you Alhaji Boko Haram is always the first to call the Igbos in every crime committed in Nigeria. Take it or leave it, Prof Aluko betrayed the late Ikemba who was even agitating for another Yoruba man (Ogundipe) to be at the helm of affairs. Sorry Ikemba, your detrabalised/open minded nature made you  loose the civil war. RIP.

Please and Please show me where I have ever pointed that out. Unless you are the hypocrite here. In fact I have always said crime is not known to any ethnic group. Please go read my post before u lie against my person. I have never pointed any crime against Igbos unless I am in a silly e-war with mekusxx aka Nchara.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by PointB: 12:45am On Dec 04, 2011
Ojukwu wanted to do this, Aluko said no do it this way. Ojukwu wanted to do that, Aluka said no, this way is better.

Then Aluku gave his 'secret' number to the enemy. Did he also 'obtain' Ojukwu permissIons for that?

So many things are wrong in this 'akuko' Aluko. When he is not taking credit for Ojukwu's initiatives, he is justifying his treachery. When he is not revealing his secrets, stirring up sentiments in the eastern region.

Prof. Aluko is either senile or outrightly treacherously mischievous.

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by 9jaIhail(m): 12:50am On Dec 04, 2011
jason123:

Where did he add the SS? Are you okay ?? HE DID NOT ADD THE SS. The Oba of Eko has a SS root. The ministerial representative is a SSoutherner.

Where the mess did you see SS? What the mess is SS/SE? There is the SS and the SE, abi you dey fear stay on your own?

BEFORE YOU START TELLING ME HISTORY WHY CAN'T YOU FIRST OF ALL ASK ME WHICH ETHNICITY DO I COME FROM.

I AM A FULL SOUT MAN.BUT I HATE THE WAY ISSUE OF OJUKWU OR BIAFRA BEEN HANDLED BY THE SO CALLED YERUBA AND HAUSAS IT'S VERY VERY UNFAIR THAT WE NIGERIANS CANNOT ADMIT THAT WHAT THE MAN FOUGHT IS WHAT WE ARE STILL SURFERING TILL DATE ESPECIALLY WE THE MASSES. I HAVE READ MILLIONS OF HISTORY BOOKS CONCERNING THIS WAR WITH ALL HUMANITY SINCERITY THIS MAN OJUKWU EVEN FOUGHT FOR THE SAFETY OF NIGERIANS AS WHOLE IF I MAY PUT IT THAT WAY.BUT THE WESTERNERS ARE REFUSING TO ADMIT IT BECAUSE OF THE ROLE THEY PLAYED IN THE PAST.MAIN LOOKING AT THIS ISSUE CRITICALLY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS MAN OJUKWU DID NOT HAVE ANY BIAS MIND TOWARDS YERUBAS LET'S JUST BE HONEST FOR ONCE.LOOK NO MATTER WHERE I CAME FROM I BELIEVE THAT THIS COUNTRY NEED CONFEDERATION OR SLIT.
IF YOU WILL LIKE ME TO INFORM YOU MY SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE ARE NOT READY TO SIDE NIGERIA IF AT ALL ANY WAR BROKE OUT TODAY BECAUSE WE HAVE LIVE TO REGRET FOR NOT GIVING FULL SUPPORT TO BIAFRA ISSUE.
IN THE OTHER HAND OUR LINEAGE HAS NO SIMILARITY WITH YERUBA'S RATHER WE ARE MORE IN COMMON WITH IGBO'S PLEASE YOUR SO CALL OBA'S OR WHATEVER IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY US .

THANKS
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 04, 2011
PointB:

Ojukwu wanted to do this, Aluko said no do it this way. Ojukwu wanted to do that, Aluka said no, this way is better.

Then Aluku gave his 'secret' number to the enemy. Did he also 'obtain' Ojukwu permissIons for that?

So many things are wrong in this 'akuko' Aluko. When he is not taking credit for Ojukwu's initiatives, he is justifying his treachery. When he is not revealing his secrets, stirring up sentiments in the eastern region.

Prof. Aluko is either senile or outrightly treacherously mischievous.

A,B and C are friends. A confides in B. B reveals confidential information to C. A finds out about it. If A continues to confide in B, then A is dumb, dumb, dumb.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by Ngodigha1(m): 1:06am On Dec 04, 2011
redsquare:

Why is Alh Harem the most insulted nairalander?.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by jason123: 1:20am On Dec 04, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

BEFORE YOU START TELLING ME HISTORY WHY CAN'T YOU FIRST OF ALL ASK ME WHICH ETHNICITY DO I COME FROM.

I AM A FULL SOUT MAN.BUT I HATE THE WAY ISSUE OF OJUKWU OR BIAFRA BEEN HANDLED BY THE SO CALLED YERUBA AND HAUSAS IT'S VERY VERY UNFAIR THAT WE NIGERIANS CANNOT ADMIT THAT WHAT THE MAN FOUGHT IS WHAT WE ARE STILL SURFERING TILL DATE ESPECIALLY WE THE MASSES. I HAVE READ MILLIONS OF HISTORY BOOKS CONCERNING THIS WAR WITH ALL HUMANITY SINCERITY THIS MAN OJUKWU EVEN FOUGHT FOR THE SAFETY OF NIGERIANS AS WHOLE IF I MAY PUT IT THAT WAY.BUT THE WESTERNERS ARE REFUSING TO ADMIT IT BECAUSE OF THE ROLE THEY PLAYED IN THE PAST.MAIN LOOKING AT THIS ISSUE CRITICALLY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS MAN OJUKWU DID NOT HAVE ANY BIAS MIND TOWARDS YERUBAS LET'S JUST BE HONEST FOR ONCE.LOOK NO MATTER WHERE I CAME FROM I BELIEVE THAT THIS COUNTRY NEED CONFEDERATION OR SLIT.
IF YOU WILL LIKE ME TO INFORM YOU MY SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE ARE NOT READY TO SIDE NIGERIA IF AT ALL ANY WAR BROKE OUT TODAY BECAUSE WE HAVE LIVE TO REGRET FOR NOT GIVING FULL SUPPORT TO BIAFRA ISSUE.
IN THE OTHER HAND OUR LINEAGE HAS NO SIMILARITY WITH YERUBA'S RATHER WE ARE MORE IN COMMON WITH IGBO'S PLEASE YOUR SO CALL OBA'S OR WHATEVER IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY US .

THANKS  

Whether you are SS or not is relevant. Btw, what part of the SS are you from?
Fought for what?? What exactly did he fight against?? The killing of Southerners in the North? Has that changed today? Are Southerners not still killed in the North? The killing of Igbos? After Igbos left the North, did the Northerner cross the Niger river to attack Igbos?? Why do they(Igbos) still live there then? Is it by force? Its like if white britains start killing me or welsh people, do you for once expect us or even welsh people to remain in britain Of course, the united kingdom will still exist, regardless.
So kindly tell me what he fought against that he could not explain to the MW or the West or some SSouthern groups that were against it, instead of the forceful invasion. I'll be willing to learn.

Forget about Ojukwu being bias or not (although there is evidence of his bias in the MW and Effiong confirmed it). Confederation you say? Who has fought AGAINST confederation in the South? It is not by shouting it on the press or internet. Actually work towards it! The so-called swest has always being the opposition since time memorial. Is that not action?

Splitting is a VERY COMPLEX issue. You are not dividing a piece of bread, you are dividing people and nations. Displacing and rearranging nations. We are talking about human not animals.

On the highlighted, you are a very funny chap. What regrets?? You must be having a laugh
Okay, what part of the SS are you from?? What do the, let's say, Bini people have with Igbo and do not have with Yoruba?? What about Uhrobo and Itsekiris?? What about Itsekiris and Ilajes in Delta state Do these people have more in common with Igbos than Yorubas?? Except Uhrobos who have Bini linage, most bear "yoruba" names. What about teh Apoi Ijaws (The owner of sahara reporters) or Arogbo Ijaw What do they have with Ndigbo that they do not have MORE with the Yorubas??

Can you see that you are funny?! grin undecided

1 Like

Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by jason123: 1:24am On Dec 04, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

THANKS  

Don't we have Oba of Benin anymore? What about Olu? What about Ovie?? shocked shocked
Again, you must be having a laugh!
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by ushafe(m): 5:26am On Dec 04, 2011
what matte to us is the future.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by ushafe(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2011
good one.
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by member479760: 8:05am On Dec 04, 2011
and when dis talk we end for goodness sake!
Re: What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During And After The War —sam Aluko by lagcity(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2011
Yoruba and Igbo have always been enemies. So it is kind of du.mb for someone to be talking about betrayal. WTF do you expect?

If Anambra man betrays Imo man, that's a shame because they're brothers. But if Yoruba man "betrays" Igbo man, that's called outsmarting your enemy A.K.A tieing a fat juicy steak to Igboman's nyash in a forest full of hungry wolves. cheesy grin grin Nyamiris never learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Qatari Man (@nass) Protests Spamming By Nigerians On Twitter. / Oby Ezekwesili: Billboard Or Not, All Eyes Will Be On The Judiciary / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.