Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,838 members, 7,851,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage (1022 Views)

I'm 24 And Still A Virgin! / {help!} - She's Is 24 And I'm 19. She Said She Has A Crush On Me. / People Born Between October 21 And November 20 Are Natural Nymphomaniacs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Georgialuv: 12:27am On Dec 03, 2011
I feel my time is running out and at this age, i should have someone propose to me. Is this weird?
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 03, 2011
Oh dear! What happened to patience? What happened to being your own person? What happened to independence? Come on! Think strong and big for yourself first, and every other thing shall be added (where's that from again? )
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by kelz88(f): 12:37am On Dec 03, 2011
You should be thinking of more important things at your age, other than marriage.

When the time is right your Mr.Right will come. If you think about it too much you might easily get carried away by the first guy that proposes marriage, whether you know anything about him or not. . . .talk less of whether you even love him.

Then again, some people these days just wanna marry for money, or for the sake of getting married. Dunno where you stand on this.
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by coogar: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2011
Georgialuv:

I feel my time is running out and at this age, i should have someone propose to me. Is this weird?

it's perfectly normal!
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Goldieluks: 12:54am On Dec 03, 2011
It is a good thing to think about marriage at your age ,but you also have to be patient about it,and don't be too desperate,it shall come to pass. It may also help to  have a personal interest about your future,partaining to getting married someday.

Part of the reason why some girls are not yet married @ the age of 26-30 upwards mostly because they didn't see marriage as an important /necessary aspect of life. Maybe some prefer to further their education ,get a job or to enjoy/groove life more,because maybe they feel they are still too young to go into the marriage business,so a lot of girls miss the opportunity of getting married at their marriageable/ripe age. No offence to anybody,its just something I have come to notice with some sisters.
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by coogar: 1:02am On Dec 03, 2011
Goldieluks:

It is a good thing to think about marriage at your age ,but you also have to be patient about it,and don't be too desperate,it shall come to pass. It may also help to  have a personal interest about your future,partaining to getting married someday.

Part of the reason why some girls are not yet married @ the age of 26-30 upwards mostly because they didn't see marriage as an important /necessary aspect of life. Maybe some prefer to further their education ,get a job or to enjoy/groove life more,because maybe they feel they are still too young to go into the marriage business,so a lot of girls miss the opportunity of getting married at their marriageable/ripe age. No offence to anybody,its just something I have come to notice with some sisters.

they missed the opportunity cos they turned down potential husbands.
most of them got deluded looking for a prince in shiny armour when they should have just settled for chinedu the carpenter.
the most baffling thing is as they grow older, their options reduce and their requirements change too. that is when the age of their partner(something that used to be "i cannot date anyone younger than me"wink will no longer be an issue. his height, colour, profession, social status, etc also change. at that stage, just about anything goes!

cheiii - i pity some women!
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 03, 2011
;d ;d
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Jenifa1: 1:11am On Dec 03, 2011
Georgialuv:

what's your ideal age for marriage?
if you have it in your mind that you want to be married by 24, then yes at this point (over 21) you are running out of time if you haven't found a potential mate.
if your idea age for marriage is 26 let's say, then you have some time.
if it's 30, then you have a lot of time  grin no worries at all
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by slimyem: 1:21am On Dec 03, 2011
its not weird.depends on what you want.
the thought of marriage constantly crosses a girl's mind when she's about your age.
define your priorities and get 'em right.take your time studying men,dont rush and dont lower your standards(if they are quite reasonable).you'll find him when the time is just ripe.cheers!!
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by seedord247(m): 1:25am On Dec 03, 2011
OP you don ripe . . . . just dey pray say make you nor Over ripe like some pple for here  . .  . . .

You don't need to be patient again, if your BF his not ready to propose to you  . . then do it or when having that thing with him, don;t allow him to remove his junior out when he wants to release that ice cream. grin

in few weeks . . If you discover yourself Pregnant  . . contact me for more info. cheesy
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by HighChief4(m): 3:46am On Dec 03, 2011
If thats your priority, then there is nothing wrong with that. But you also have to be careful too, so you dont get carried away in such thoughts and end up with just any man. Goodluck
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 03, 2011
When I was 19, I was thinking of marriage (a few years younger than you)

When I was 21. . . . I think about making money (education degree).

Marriage is overrated. Focus on sth more worthwhile.
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 03, 2011
Are you like stuck in your parents house or something and you want your freedom?
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by Hardunnii(f): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2011
Op its normal, infact the earlier the better
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by neyostica: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Marriage is overrated. Focus on sth more worthwhile.
Just because you couldnt get a man, doesnt give u the license to spew gabbage like that.
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by 195(f): 9:51am On Dec 03, 2011
neyostica:

Just because you couldnt get a man, doesnt give u the license to spew gabbage like that.

[size=28pt]WORD!! grin grin[/size]
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by 195(f): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2011
coogar:

they missed the opportunity cos they turned down potential husbands.
most of them got deluded looking for a prince in shiny armour when they should have just settled for chinedu the carpenter.
the most baffling thing is as they grow older, their options reduce and their requirements change too. that is when the age of their partner(something that used to be "i cannot date anyone younger than me"wink will no longer be an issue. his height, colour, profession, social status, etc also change. at that stage, just about anything goes!

cheiii - i pity some women!

cool cool
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2011
OP you are perfectly normal,I started thinking about marriage a year earlier than you and I still think about it amidst many other things,just don't rush it,you ain't too young neither are you old so just know your priorities and set them straight.
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by 195(f): 10:00am On Dec 03, 2011
^Trevor grin grin
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by born2boink(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2011
you don't want to end up in church seeking for husband likes some of your nairaland mate girls, Be married to jesus, satan will leave you alone, your husband is coming to take you away, you better open your for better husband and will not like you to end up like some people on nairaland
Re: I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage by pendo89(f): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2011
I started thinking about marriage at 13!! I was just silly thinking about kids that look like barbie dolls.
But 21 you still have a lot to do.You can set some goals u need to achieve before u are 25. You need to be psychologically,emotionally and financially prepared for such an institution.So its not something you just jump into because age is catching up with you or you think its an escape from single world.
If you try to concentrate on building your career,get a job you will have less time to think about marriage at 21.After your done studying, have some source of income then your mind is somewhat matured enough to be able to make a good decision.
At 21 theres still a lot of peer pressure coming your way.A person ready to marry has her/his mind set and not influenced by friends.
Give yourself time till you are 24 or 25 at least cz you still need to face some situations thrown your way.It makes you strong,prepared and ready for marriage.

Some people rush into marriage and start behaving like teens because they missed that age gap. Enjoy your youth first my dear.life is about stages and to be happy you need to do what is right at each stage of life.Do not skip.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Romance Section Why Us? / I Need Your Help With This Fellow Nairalanders. / Which Do U Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.