Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,247 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? (4903 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 12:30am On Dec 05, 2011
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize.
If the bible is a catholic book. Is the catholic church in the bible? Do they give us the "BIBLE"? If Yes,

1. Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days? (Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"? (Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by HISchild: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2011
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Pet 1:20-21
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 10:37am On Dec 05, 2011
Thank u for those clearly explained verses, God is the author of the Bible, not men. Its divinity is beyound!
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2011
As for me, i think catholic is more of cultism, My opinion anyway undecided
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
I can see clearly that people on this thread are people that lack the knowledge of what they claim to know i mean the bible . You read the bible as if it is just a novel without been able to apply the interpretation that comes from the spirit
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
In your previous thread you said it was the Catholic Church that compiled the Bible and you also admitted that they "canonized" it. And that means that they decided which books should and should not be in the Bible and after their compilation they declared it the holy, sacred and inerrant word of God by divine and ecclesiastical authority.

So why are you now saying "if the Bible is a Catholic book, " When you have already implied that in ur statement here:

Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
The Catholic church is just False, period !!!
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
And why are you avoiding the question I asked you in another thread since last week? That's how you anti-Catholics always behave. You act as if you know what you're saying and then when you are proved wrong, instead of admitting you are wrong and come out to light, you run away from the discussion and start a new deception.

Please answer this question:

Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by Rich4god(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
I still dont know why all other christian denomination are attacking the RCC. Please, we have to put our differences aside and work together to expand christianity. But for me, i remain a proud catholic.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
eliment:

I can see clearly that people on this thread are people that lack the knowledge of what they claim to know i mean the bible . You read the bible as if it is just a novel without been able to apply the interpretation that comes from the spirit

How do u know, if thier interpretations are not from the spirit, are u God?
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
frosbel:

The Catholic church is just False, period !!!

It may not be false at the early age of the church, but u know, Satan has done some manipulations, since then, certain things are outside biblica doctrine. I believe the church was in good direction before its corruptions came in place. In facts, To be a church leader, u should first be a servant. The Popes are aside this bible verse.

Mat 20:25 - 27) But Jesus called the disciples and said, "You know that the rulers of the gentiles lord it over them and their superiors act like tyrants over them. That's not the way it should be among you. Instead, whoever wants to be great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. That's the way it is with the Son of Man. He did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many people."
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2011
@plappville, hav u committed a sin since you became born-again? Pls answer! *in the appropriate thread*
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

In your previous thread you said it was the Catholic Church that compiled the Bible and you also admitted that they "canonized" it. And that means that they decided which books should and should not be in the Bible and after their compilation they declared it the holy, sacred and inerrant word of God by divine and ecclesiastical authority.

So why are you now saying "if the Bible is a Catholic book, " When you have already implied that in your statement here:

Did i deny that they were not the ones that compiled it? That they compiled it doesn make any superiority in the body of Christ. The OT book was brought together in a volume and this were translated from Hebrew to Greek, long before Christ came to earth.

Christ made used of the scriptures and never make the people feel, or tell things like Catholic do today, that people could accept the Scriptures only on the basis of the authority of those who gathered them and declared them to be inspired. Jesus tell the ppl to follow the OT Scriptures in the manner of infallible guide, not becos man or any group of men has sanctioned them as such. My point is that The words were of God not man, simply because they do the compiled and translation etc.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

@plappville, hav u committed a sin since you became born-again? Pls answer! *in the appropriate thread*

If i tell u i ve commited or ve not commited will u trust me, u ve already labelled me a liar in the other thread so why do u want me to tell u if i commited sin or not? Is it important!
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2011
plappville:

How do u know, if thier interpretations are not from the spirit, are u God?
i know because it lacks insight, take the case of mary as an example. You people keep attacking the catholics for honoring mary saying it is not biblical did you not read the bible when mary visited elizabeth. Elizabeth was filled with the holy spirit and said blessed at thou and blessed is the fruit of your womb. Prophet isaiah also prophesy about the virginity of mary now to cap it all read the book of rev. 11 v1- end and you will clearly see your ignorance, if the bible could refer to mary as the mother of all christian i.e those who obey christ then what counter proof do you have to discredit the honoring of mary.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

And why are you avoiding the question I asked you in another thread since last week? That's how you anti-Catholics always behave. You act as if you know what you're saying and then when you are proved wrong, instead of admitting you are wrong and come out to light, you run away from the discussion and start a new deception.

Please answer this question:

I didn't even visit that thread after my first post, do u think i visit only NL that i will ve to go round all post each day?
My dear, i will always reply to ur questions if it required an answer. The topic of the thread u qouted was on Adultery or so, I believe my answer was, why should a born again do such. A born again has no right to sin because He is band with the fear of God.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2011
plappville:

If i tell u i ve commited or ve not commited will u trust me, u ve already labelled me a liar in the other thread so why do u want me to tell u if i commited sin or not? Is it important!

the reason is that  you claim that a born-again does not sin, so i am asking you as a born-again if you have sinned since you became born-again so that i can actually have one example of a human being who doesnt sin. it will help me to know if you actually meant what you said or you were just joking.

why dont you just answer yes or no. see how we are already derailing this wonderful thread.

my sweetheart, just a yes or a no, *kisses n hugs*
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2011
eliment:

i know because it lacks insight, take the case of mary as an example. You people keep attacking the catholics for honoring mary saying it is not biblical did you not read the bible when mary visited elizabeth. Elizabeth was filled with the holy spirit and said blessed at thou and blessed is the fruit of your womb. Prophet isaiah also prophesy about the virginity of mary now to cap it all read the book of rev. 11 v1- end and you will clearly see your ignorance, if the bible could refer to mary as the mother of all christian i.e those who obey christ then what counter proof do you have to discredit the honoring of mary.

Luke 11:27-30(KJV)
27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
How will u now interpret Jesus reaction towards the woman? Blessing Mary with ur heart could ve been enough, the contradiction is the image and the bowing down.

I am not sure if calling her a mother has means sense though. The bible says we should "call no man father?"
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by Rich4god(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2011
The Holy Eucharist is the center of our worship, It is a command that we recieve from. I fill so happy seeing people castigate the catholic church, it realy shows that there is something special about it. Some thing you guys fail to recall is that without the catholic church, the population of the entire christendom would be less than 10% of the world population.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
@plappville, did you actually remove that thread? Pls tell me I'm wrong. That would be very shameful.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

the reason is that  you claim that a born-again does not sin, so i am asking you as a born-again if you have sinned since you became born-again so that i can actually have one example of a human being who doesnt sin. it will help me to know if you actually meant what you said or you were just joking.

why dont you just answer yes or no. see how we are already derailing this wonderful thread.

my sweetheart, just a yes or a no, *kisses n hugs*

This is my answer to u dear, a born again has no interest to sin, when u throw away ur old clothes, will u go back searching at the bin to rewear it back? Its also like eating ones vomit.

See what the scriptures teaches, and i believe every born-again put this in practice.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. I work with this very verse, so u ve gotten my answer.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

@plappville, did you actually remove that thread? Pls tell me I'm wrong. That would be very shameful.

Which thread are u talking about? I ve not remove anything plz which thread? but why are u saying shameful when u ve not confirm from me, i don't know what u are talking about plzzzzzzzz!
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
Rich4god:

The Holy Eucharist is the center of our worship, It is a command that we recieve from. I fill so happy seeing people castigate the catholic church, it realy shows that there is something special about it. Some thing you guys fail to recall is that without the catholic church, the population of the entire christendom would be less than 10% of the world population.

Who is kicking against the church? it is her false doctrines that is the case, u may see it as "e no mean" others mat see it the other way round. False doctrines is killing christianity gradually.

Matthew 7:13-14
(KJV)
13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by free123: 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
If u are born of God you cannot sin, for His seed is in you. Anyone who sins is of the devil. Copy that? - Good
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2011
plappville:

Luke 11:27-30(KJV)
27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
How will u now interpret Jesus reaction towards the woman? Blessing Mary with your heart could ve been enough, the contradiction is the image and the bowing down.

I am not sure if calling her a mother has means sense though. The bible says we should "call no man father?"

lol, have you forgotten Jesus said to John, "behold your mother"? do u think Jesus doesnt want us to even call our biological fathers 'father'?

can i get ur contact plappville?

email or bbm. i'd rili like to talk to you one on one
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2011
free123:

If u are born of God you cannot sin, for His seed is in you. Anyone who sins is of the devil. Copy that? - Good

are you born of God?
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 6:10pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

are you born of God?

What a surprising question from a believer!? As a christian u should know that the scriptures made us sons/daughters of God. See verses below,

1) John 1:12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name:
2)Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
3)Galatians 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus

@Italo: lol, have you forgotten Jesus said to John, "behold your mother"? do u think Jesus doesnt want us to even call our biological fathers 'father'?

can i get your contact plappville?

email or bbm. i'd rili like to talk to you one on one
Yes i know Jesus said that;
As for ur request, i am sorry, i can't put my email in public.
U can give me urs if u don't mind, i will surely mail u if u.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2011
plappville:

What a surprising question from a believer!? As a christian u should know that the scriptures made us sons/daughters of God. See verses below,

1) John 1:12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name:
2)Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
3)Galatians 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus

Yes i know Jesus said that;
As for your request, i am sorry, i can't put my email in public.
U can give me urs if u don't mind, i will surely mail u if u.

Whether its a surprising question or not, the answer should be very simple: YES or NO!
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by plappville(f): 12:17am On Dec 09, 2011
He is a christian, and u re asking him a question as if he is a pagan shocked
The verses are ok for ur responds.
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
How do you know he's a christian? I've been asking you a simple question for 8days now: "since you became born-again, have you sinned? You dont know what to answer, but you know how to answer a question meant for another person.

Okay, since you can see that he is a christian (I don't know if you read his mind), answer this for him:

Since he became a christian, has he committed a sin?
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by free123: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
Italo

the verses she provided should be enough for the answer u want. A christian is Christ-like, if u are a sinner then u are not a christian.

If i say i am christian, it should be enough for you to know that i dont sin for God's seed is in me. If you have the habit of sinning then you are of the devil.

How else do you want this to be explained? Do you want her to say that a christian sins
Re: The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? by italo: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2011
The apostles sinned, but so-called born-again never sin. Meaning, as a Christian, you've never asked God for forgiveness; meanwhile when the disciples said "Lord, teach us to pray", Jesus said "forgive us our sins".

Do you say this prayer?

If you do, what sins are you talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Follow Christ? / Christianity Betray Its Own Logic / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.