Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George (8227 Views)

Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman / Former Governor Of Benue Confirms Doyin Okupe Is A Crook! / Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by chino11(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2011
I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George Insist

Erstwhile Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olabode George, yesterday, declared that he was neither a crook nor a criminal, saying even the judge who sent him to jail confessed he did not steal a kobo.

Noting that he was a victim of a conspiracy to put him out of circulation, George, at his 66th birthday thanksgiving in Lagos, said in the midst of his incarceration, he found a higher calling in God’s service in facilitating the release of many indigent persons wrongly imprisoned.

George, who spoke at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Kirikiri, Lagos, while admitting that he was susceptible to err like all human beings, however, affirmed: “But I am not a crook. I am not a criminal. I will never take what belongs to others.

“My incarceration at Kirikiri was not provoked by some personal wrongs or misdemanour. We were accused of contract splitting and an alleged disobedience of an administrative procedure. I was never at anytime in possession of an executive power to initiate a contract or grant personal approval. I worked as a part-time Chairman who sat at quarterly meetings and who had just one vote.

“I didn’t know any contractor. I never sponsored any memo. What’s more, the Executive Director (Engineering) who presented the memo of the alleged contract splitting was never arraigned nor queried.”

Continuing at the service attended by some of his associates including PDP 2011 gubernatorial candidate, Ade Dosunmu, George said:

“But through all the convoluted conspiracy and byzantine plot to get me out of circulation, I was never accused of personal benefits or financial gains from the alleged contract splitting. The presiding judge Olubunmi Oyewole was honest enough to say that we did not take one kobo from the coffers of Nigerian Ports Authority. For this, I give praise and thanks to God Almighty.”

Giving his experience in prison, he said:

“My imprisonment invariably became a liberation mission wherein the good Lord used me to intervene on behalf of other inmates who had been wrongly shackled sometimes for several years without trial.”

“Through the Blessings of the Good Lord, my intervention helped rescue many young men from untimely executions. God used me to help others to further their education while in unjust imprisonment,” George deposed.

Noting his personal and spiritual reformation, he deposed:

“My imprisonment which was clearly borne out of sheer malice and a malignant conspiracy from various interests was a good spiritual desert mandated by the Heavens. I am indeed a better man for having gone through the bitter experience of imprisonment. For here I have learnt the virtues of spiritual awakening and moral retooling of oneself,” he further deposed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/i-am-not-a-crook-i-m-not-a-criminal-bode-george/
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by chino11(m): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2011
Usual yooroba thief. Una no dey tire. grin
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2011
Shameless man
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by WilyWily4: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2011
chino11:

Erstwhile Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olabode George, yesterday, declared that he was neither a crook nor a criminal, saying even the judge who sent him to jail confessed he did not steal a kobo.
This man dey joke, 99.99% of Yorubas are Crooks

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Sinachay: 9:58am On Dec 05, 2011
We know jare.
Na who nor know Nigeria, not sabi sointin.
All na witch haunt from h-enemies.
Who nor be crook for Naija. . . Including the gateman?
Arrantus Nonsensicus!

Shine my dia. At least you nor be Ibori. . . the SOUTH-SOUTH moo-moo! kiss

Even if I go back to Nigeria today I go be tief too!
You can't avoid it!
Nor be to make mouth for h-internet!
THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS RRRRRRRRRRRRRROTTEN! embarassed
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2011
OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE OOO
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by pman1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
U dey thief? I no dey thief,
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2011
pman 1:

U be rogue - I no be rogue grin

U be robber - I no be robber

U be armed-robber - - I no be armed-robber grin grin grin
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by ak47mann(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
you are a Yoruba crook must of you are corrupt.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
Ole Ajiboleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Kilode1: 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
You be Elewon then

Agbaya 'army' robber   embarassed

Oniyeye.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by brainpulse: 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
Wily¬Wily:

This man dey joke, 99.99% of Yorubas are Crooks
THEN ITS RIGHT TO SAY 100% OF IGBOS ARE R*A*PIST, RITUAL KILLERS-clifford, FAKE PRODUCT SELLERS, 419ers, ARMED ROBBERS. Ojukwu  father OF ALL IGBOS is rotting in hell now confessing his sins
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by PHIPEX(m): 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
chino11:

Usual yooroba thief. Una no dey tire. grin

I used  to think that people who can read and write are learned, but u'v proved me wrong again. What has his actions got to do with his being a Yoruba? Afterall ya na Chris Uba ke onye ka nma?
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Btruth: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
wetin you can be Baba criminal? A saint? Ole eeeee! barawo! Thief!
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by owenueme: 12:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
Of course you are not.  You just convert our national funds to your personal use. Shameless politicians!
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by juman(m): 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
pman 1:

lagerwhenindoubt:

U be rogue - I no be rogue grin

U be robber - I no be robber

U be armed-robber - - I no be armed-robber grin grin grin

grin grin grin Baba 70.

Mr. Tewonde George was sent to jail by his oga, OBJ.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by brainpulse: 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2011
PHIPEX:

I used  to think that people who can read and write are learned, but u'v proved me wrong again. What has his actions got to do with his being a Yoruba? Afterall ya na Chris Uba ke onye ka nma?
I TIRED O THEY JUST COME ON THE TREAD AND START SPEWING RUBBISH BECAUSE THEY AV NOTHING TO ADD. THE MAN IS A THIEF THEN WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE REMAING YORUBAS. THEY ARE THE ONE THAT WILL START TRIBAL WAR AND THEY WILL BE THE FIRST TO COMPLAIN AND POINT ACCUSING FINGERS.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by above2: 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
It's funny you guys always judge an entire nation for the sin of one man. I thought it was human to err until I came on Nairaland. Here it's Yoruba or Igbo or Ijaw or Hausa or Itshekiri to err. We associate the worst sins with every other group,tribe or nation while ours is always squeaky clean. Some of us have been fed with so much hate until we started to believe that we're of a superior tribe or race. Wake up people. Stealing, looting, lying, cussing, cursing, pre-marital and extra-marital sexual affairs are wrong. They won't become okay if I or someone from my 'area' do them. They are wrong no matter who does them and I'm yet to find a religion or ethnic nationality (at least in Nigeria) that encourages people to be corrupt and loot the national treasury . Please let's grow up. While other nations are competing on a global stage, Nigerian youths cannot afford to spend and waste their energy pulling themselves down in the name of tribal supremacy. Thanks.

And to Chief Bode, Ìwo wí.

P.S. This is my first comment on Nairaland though I've viewed posts for years. There are many who don't comment on issues raised here because of Nairaland tribal wars.

The world has gone past times of fighting
So drop your guns and your swords and let us live all as one
We all need love and understanding
-Asa (from 360 degrees)
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by omo9ja1(m): 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2011
above!

Just saying,
« #17 on: Today at 01:02:49 PM »

It's funny you guys always judge an entire nation for the sin of one man. I thought it was human to err until I came on Nairaland. Here it's Yoruba or Igbo or Ijaw or Hausa or Itshekiri to err. We associate the worst sins with every other group,tribe or nation while ours is always squeaky clean. Some of us have been fed with so much hate until we started to believe that we're of a superior tribe or race. Wake up people. Stealing, looting, lying, cussing, cursing, pre-marital and extra-marital intimate affairs are wrong. They won't become okay if I or someone from my 'area' do them. They are wrong no matter who does them and I'm yet to find a religion or ethnic nationality (at least in Nigeria) that encourages people to be corrupt and loot the national treasury . Please let's grow up. While other nations are competing on a global stage, Nigerian youths cannot afford to spend and waste their energy pulling themselves down in the name of tribal supremacy. Thanks.

P.S. This is my first comment on Nairaland though I've viewed posts for years. There are many who don't comment on issues raised here because of Nairaland tribal wars.

-Asa (from 360 degrees)

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]you have said it all! [/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by omo9ja1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
Mr Bode, please just thank God you did not die in prison, you have committed the crime, found guilty and send down so stop all the wayo talk
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by kholis(m): 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2011
A certified criminal telling lies in the house of God.
A generational crook exhibiting self-styled righteousness.
Nonsense!
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by fortran12: 1:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
he is trying to clear his "good " name
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Gbawe: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
above!:

It's funny you guys always judge an entire nation for the sin of one man. I thought it was human to err until I came on Nairaland. Here it's Yoruba or Igbo or Ijaw or Hausa or Itshekiri to err. We associate the worst sins with every other group,tribe or nation while ours is always squeaky clean. Some of us have been fed with so much hate until we started to believe that we're of a superior tribe or race. Wake up people. Stealing, looting, lying, cussing, cursing, pre-marital and extra-marital intimate affairs are wrong. They won't become okay if I or someone from my 'area' do them. They are wrong no matter who does them and I'm yet to find a religion or ethnic nationality (at least in Nigeria) that encourages people to be corrupt and loot the national treasury . Please let's grow up. While other nations are competing on a global stage, Nigerian youths cannot afford to spend and waste their energy pulling themselves down in the name of tribal supremacy. Thanks.

P.S. This is my first comment on Nairaland though I've viewed posts for years. There are many who don't comment on issues raised here  because of Nairaland tribal wars.

-Asa (from 360 degrees)

My brother, abeg help me tell them OOO !!! Bigotry (ethnic and religious) is clearly the 'opium' our leaders are using to divide and conquer the rest of Nigerians so they may keep on looting undisturbed. If we dislike each other and can never unite, how will we stop the cake-sharing going on in Abuja involving politicians from all corners of Nigeria? All our leaders are predisposed to stealing and joining politics is about the acquisition of stupendous wealth for majority of them. This is why I always say the "beautiful ones are not yet born" and we must manage what we have for now rather than pretend as if others are the problem of Nigeria. Holier-than-thou pontification is simply self-delusion and a waste of time.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by bisiaet: 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
Usual yooroba thief. Una no dey tire

Brother STOP!!!! What is the matter with you Cant you grow for once? Dont you have anything useful in life to think about than always try to create racial tension? What has Bode George issue has to do with Yoruba as a people Are you not sometime ashame of yourself Haba God have mercy??STOP STOP AND STOP GROW UP!
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Gbawe: 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
bisiaet:

Brother STOP!!!! What is the matter with you Cant you grow for once? Dont you have anything useful in life to think about than always try to create racial tension? What has Bode George issue ned to do with Yoruba as a people Are you not sometime ashame of yourself Haba God have mercy??STOP STOP AND STOP GROW UP!

It really is shameful and sad. Can you, for example, ask this character to join the effort to carry out the Egypt-style revolution so that we too may gain a National transition council consisting of the likes of Achebe, Col. Umar and Wole Soyinka? No. That is because this person will tell you that the "Yooroba" and "almajiris" are the problems of Nigeria and not his own leaders !! Never mind that where he lives , controlled by "his leaders", is nothing to write home about !!!! I am personally convinced that suffering will be the lot of most Nigerians for a while to come because the average Nigerian is still too mentally brainwashed (ethnically and religiously) to ever see what really matter.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by numo86(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
lol, d only country where a public servant steals and then gets eulogized in d church instead of spendin plenty years in country, and now this fool called bode has d effuntary to call Gods name and then claimin innocence, well thats 9ja for u, come out in d publik square and tel an angry crowd this crap, wether no be okuta them go pelt on u, rubbish
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by TRACK: 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2011
nawo oo for yorubas una still give this man chieftancy title.
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by EgbonOlu: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
At times, I wonder if some people do think before saying something, Bode George was convincted, no Yoruba stood against his conviction. He came out of prison and celebrated his freedom, Yorubas condemned his shameless celebration. Now, some idiots are spewing rubbish just because they see people making comment and they want people to notice them on this tread, Clifford Oji is not a yoruba. The killing at Okija wasn't by yoruba. Rebellion against Nigeria has never happened in Yorubaland. Nigeria being blacklisted due to December 25th attempeted bomb in the U.S was not by a yoruba. The Yorubas are busy struggling to allow peace reign in Nigeria but some animals are busy raising racial tension, !  !!  !!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Instead of this man to go and hide in a cave, he's reminding Nigerians that he's still alive.  He's lucky that the average Nigerian is an iidiot, else, he won't be making this kind of statement without being lynched. Ole Ajibole(3x).
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by Baawaa(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
They should ask him, who are you?
Re: I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George by kokoA(m): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2011
What kind of children do this man have sef? Don't they feel embarassed about their oldman talking in public? I think his children should sit him down and talk some sense into him.

First Son: Baba you know you ar e the 'ole' sorry 'only' father that we have
Bode George: Ehen! what about that?
First Son (Prostrate ans starts crying): Ejor ejor, Ba mi, please stop talking in public.  You make my friends laf at me any time your talk

Bode George: Sho! ah! how?!
First Son (with tears rolling down his cheeks): Baba please you know why, Am tired of people calling you names like 'agbaya', 'ole', 'army robber', to mention a few

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. / PDP Hails Tribunal Judgments On Govs. Udom, Ishaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.