Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola (9044 Views)

Ambode Receives Hand-over Notes From Fashola / Tinubu, Fashola Planning To Bribe Lagos Monarchs, PDP Alleges / Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 4:34am On Dec 08, 2011
phantom:

Its indeed funny how the story changes when the shoe is on the other foot, jokers!when orji share money na thief im be, when its fashola na im responsibility, lol, ,f**king circus penguins speaking out of both sides of their s*tholes. ,

We both know why you are always sad and upset every time you see Fashola.

We post picture of Fashola commissioning road and you are mad, sad and upset.

We post picture of Fashola commissioning school and you are mad, sad and upset.

We post picture of Fashola commissioning clinics and hospitals and you are mad, sad and upset.

We post picture of Fashola commissioning bridge and you are mad, sad and upset.

We post picture of Fashola commissioning housing project and you are mad, sad and upset.

But you own state with just 5 million people is richer than Lagos state, even richer than all the states in Nigeia and your lazy and incompetent governor don't commission anything and you are not troubled about it, you don't talk about, you don't ask question par where all that money is going or what they are doing with the largest budget in Nigeria.

Within 1 week, I've posted 3 major project commissioned by Fashola, but with all your money, what can you show us about your state? Nothing, all you have to show us is hate and madness about other people, this is all you have to offer, nothing but bad bele.

I strongly suggest you kill yourself because Fashola is not going to stop commissioning projects and I'm not going to stop posting.

Fcukinnnn loser

This shows that you are mentally corrupt
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by icez: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

Instead of typing all this useless rubbish, why not just go ahead and show us where we criticize all the useless people you listed for doing their job.

After a decade of PDP rule, Nigeria is still in the toilet because the clowns you are praising didn't do their job and you losers don;t even care, you don't talk about them. It's like you're perfectly OK to see them swallow your money with nothing in return.

Was GEJ even charged by the laws of Nigeria to provide for local traditional rulers? What's the silly basis for you re-tarfed essay gan sef?

GEJ was the governor of a state too just like Fashola, show me one classroom he built, show us even any project sef?

Have you asked yourself what he did with all the budgets and special allocations? Even as the president of Nigeria, it's still nothing.

Abeg clear road with your worthless fish wrap,

You must be mentally unstable.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by Akanbiedu(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2011
I wouldn't want to be in Eko-ile's shoes at all. Imagine having to argue with morons everyday. If not for the fact that readers may be misinformed, characters like koboraja should be ignored totally.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by ochibs1010(m): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2011
i am laffing grin grin grin

Fashola is just compensating them for keeping quiet and supporting ACN at the LG elections.

the people will now pay back from the tolls to be collected.

Lagos have the highest collection of educated people but these same people are the most brainwashed.

these ACN kingpins have formed an empire for themselves and their unborn generation but some brainwashed poor dudes are here supporting blindly.

people are paying all form of taxes and soon they will start paying toll even in the heart of the town where they are no alternate routes and they are still clapping for ACN.

LAGOSIANS have alot to learn from the NORTHERNERS.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by Akanbiedu(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2011
ochibs1010:

i am laffing grin grin grin

Fashola is just compensating them for keeping quiet and supporting ACN at the LG elections.

the people will now pay back from the tolls to be collected.

Lagos have the highest collection of educated people but these same people are the most brainwashed.

these ACN kingpins have formed an empire for themselves and their unborn generation but some brainwashed poor dudes are here supporting blindly.

people are paying all form of taxes and soon they will start paying toll even in the heart of the town where they are no alternate routes and they are still clapping for ACN.

LAGOSIANS have alot to learn from the NORTHERNERS

Like what?
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2011
Can someone explain who the "Oba of Ketu" is and what his connection to Lagos is? If that is really referring to the Alaketu, then I think the article is either inaccurate, or somebody in the Lagos state government made a huge mistake. Ketu is not in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by aloyemeka1: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2011
PhysicsQED:

Can someone explain who the "Oba of Ketu" is and what his connection to Lagos is? If that is really referring to the Alaketu, then I think the article is either inaccurate, or somebody in the Lagos state government made a huge mistake. Ketu is not in Nigeria.

Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 11:23am On Dec 08, 2011
aloy/emeka:

It's not.

Is there more than one Ketu?
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by aloyemeka1: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2011
PhysicsQED:

It's not.

Is there more than one Ketu?

Ketu Lagos is not in Nigeria?. Are you somehow related to Musiwa?
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 11:29am On Dec 08, 2011
Or is this is the "Ketu" they are referring to:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009220340.html

Because this "Ketu" community is not in Lagos, apparently.

Somebody clear this up for me. I thought the "Oba of Ketu" lived in Benin Republic.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 11:30am On Dec 08, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Ketu Lagos is not in Nigeria?. Are you somehow related to Musiwa?

So there are multiple places called Ketu. Sorry about that. I guess the mistake is on my part, not that of the newspaper or the government.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 11:32am On Dec 08, 2011
Are these other Ketus named after the Ketu in Benin Republic or is it just a general word for a group or a popular city name?
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by Dele99: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2011
icez:

A lot of hypocrisy.

when a pdp  govt. increases school fees. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. buys cars for traditional rulers. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. does not appoint commissioners. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. does not hold elections to the offices of local govt. chairmen. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. borrows money from the capital market. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. constructs a 3 Km road for N3 billion. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. constructs a 115m road ramp for N2.5 billion. It is wrong.

When a pdp govt. with-holds local govt. funds. It is wrong.

But when others do same, they are called democrats and progressives. cool

Can naija ever develop? undecided

Please help me tell them. This Eko- ile na real hypocrite
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2011
Eko-Ile grin grin what is the key difference between you and BEAF grin I see non really grin grin but we understand your suicidal patriotism grin
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by Akanbiedu(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2011
LOL @ Physics. There is a ketu in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by phantom(m): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
When the south west massively voted for the ACN, I wasnt too excited and i hammered it several times on this forum that even though the party of rogues was voted out,they shouldnt get too comfortable.in fact i was a little afraid.today, what do we have?we have a group of people trying so hard to justify their tinubu induced'ethnic based' voting that they do not care what their leaders dish out to them as long as its AC.noise,noise and more noise is what we hear from south west leaders these days.one is talkin about shipping food to lagos and all we see is his funny looking face on the pages of newspapers and i am afraid his plans will remain on those same pages.the other handsome one is a smooth talker and only harps on regional integrity and thats all.not much is heard from the one in late adedibus 'area'.a grand ripoff is going on in the south west and they just bloody too arrogant to admit it.well why should they?after all na ' them them'
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by dmainboss: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
This is the Lagos of the future and it will happen soon. Mark my words:

The Non-indegines will begin to feel the pinch and will begin to come together. Eventually, a leader will rise that they will all support and then the Yorubas will loose control of the state and will never gain that control backk because they are in minority. All the major places in Lagos are dominated by non-indegines. Surulere, Festac, Ikeja, Name it.

Dont forget you heard it here first!
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2011
dmainboss:

This is the Lagos of the future and it will happen soon. Mark my words:

The Non-indegines will begin to feel the pinch and will begin to come together. Eventually, a leader will rise that they will all support and then the Yorubas will loose control of the state and will never gain that control backk because they are in minority. All the major places in Lagos are dominated by non-indegines. Surulere, Festac, Ikeja, Name it.

Dont forget you heard it here first!

That will never happen because the Ijaws have an opportunity to engage both lagosians and other non-indigenous ethnic groups in the development of their communities - (roads, health, education) since all ACN chairmen failed to perform the past 8 years - they would rather fight OPC. The Igbos in Surulere (Yahoo-Yahoo, Nollywood and Import-Exports business) have soo much money to upturn the politics of Lagos in their favor but what are they doing Trust every Ndigbo to fight against themselves when it is in their best interest not to. - The only pinch Lagos will feel is every Christmas and Easter when non-indigenous ethnic groups (who own most micro-businesses) go to their home-town. we are left with poorly cooked amala and all sorts of bush yoruba delicacies grin grin grin grin and area boys
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

LOL @ Physics. There is a ketu in Lagos.

Yeah, I see that now. I assumed there was only one Oba of one Ketu, but it seems that there are at least two Obas of two different Ketus, and they are both called Alaketu. A little confusing.

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?view=article&catid=319%3Asaturday&id=4321%3Awar-brews-in-ketu-ikosi-over-land-monarchs-stool&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=661

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5566345-147/yoruba_in_benin_republic_seek_recognition.csp

http://books.google.com/books?id=BIdITHIAEs0C&pg=PA373
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by dmainboss: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2011
Well you do have some point but these bottlenecks are already fallen apart. In the last elections, i observed a few things and saw a glimspe of the future.

I hear some Yorubas claiming that the south west gave their votes to GEJ and I laugh because it isnt true. Where I voted, during the presidential elections, the Yorubas didnt come out to vote. I also visited another voting station where they had over 3000 voters. Very large station. The Yorubas didnt turn up. The few that came kept saying they didnt have a good candidate and that is why they didnt care to turn up. They kept saying things like, "na una day be this o. Make Una come next week, una go see wetin go happen." And they were right because the next week which was the governorship, they turned out en mass. That was why the numbers from the south west states were low for GEJ. It is because only the non-indegines cared to come out. Particularly the Niger Delta and the Ibos.

But that showed that awareness is growing. Just like Lybia and Egypt, the signs are building. They will keep waving it away but it will be to their peril. That was how the arab leaders waved away the signs of rebellion in their countries. Keep your fingers crossed
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by Torch1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

That will never happen because the Ijaws have an opportunity to engage both lagosians and other non-indigenous ethnic groups in the development of their communities - (roads, health, education) since all ACN chairmen failed to perform the past 8 years - they would rather fight OPC. The Igbos in Surulere (Yahoo-Yahoo, Nollywood and Import-Exports business) have soo much money to upturn the politics of Lagos in their favor but what are they doing Trust every Ndigbo to fight against themselves when it is in their best interest not to. - The only pinch Lagos will feel is every Christmas and Easter when non-indigenous ethnic groups (who own most micro-businesses) go to their home-town. we are left with poorly cooked amala and all sorts of bush yoruba delicacies grin grin grin grin and area boys
Lwkm'dieee! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by cantell(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

That will never happen because the Ijaws have an opportunity to engage both lagosians and other non-indigenous ethnic groups in the development of their communities - (roads, health, education) since all ACN chairmen failed to perform the past 8 years - they would rather fight OPC. The Igbos in Surulere (Yahoo-Yahoo, Nollywood and Import-Exports business) have soo much money to upturn the politics of Lagos in their favor but what are they doing  Trust every Ndigbo to fight against themselves when it is in their best interest not to.  - The only pinch Lagos will feel is every Christmas and Easter when non-indigenous ethnic groups (who own most micro-businesses) go to their home-town. we are left with poorly cooked amala and all sorts of bush yoruba delicacies  grin  grin  grin  grin and area boys
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
phantom (m)

Lol, yes fashola can do no wrong, we should be glad he only spent 46 million Abi? If this same thing was done by orji of abia these same cartoon characters go dey shout blue murder, ACN MY a, ss! Someone described this man aptly yesterday as a smart crook and mark my words, lagosians will realize it when he leaves office.as far as i am concerned no other governor comes close in terms of propaganda, he is number one.

Chime presents 463 cars to Enugu monarchs

Chime presents cars to Enugu monarchs
By Chris Oji, Enugu 03/06/2011 06:00:00[b]

In fulfilment of its promise to royal fathers, the Enugu State government has donated cars to the over 400 traditional rulers in the state.

The cars, Hyundai Elentra, 463 in number were presented to the royal fathers at the Government House, Enugu.[/b]

Governor Sullivan Chime, who personally made the presentations, told the monarchs that the cars were a demonstration of their social status in the society. He regretted the situation where the traditional rulers, whom he described as custodians of our culture and traditions were seen riding on commercial motorcycles, saying that some of them could not afford a motorcycle.

The Governor said: "Today’s event marked the fulfilment of the promise made to you about a year ago. We are aware that your role in the society is a very hectic one having to be a life tenure unlike ours which has time frame. I want you to see the cars as symbolic, being aware that some of you have other cars better than these ones.

"For those of you who have other cars before now, you can add this one to your fleet of cars. It is something that should be in the home of every of our traditional rulers. It is symbolic."

Chime said that the presentation would have come earlier than now but was deliberately delayed until the elections were over.

"If we had presented it before the elections, it would have been misconstrued to be part of our campaigns. We are doing it now that the elections were over to underscore our genuine concern to the plight of our royal fathers," Chime noted.

Earlier in his speech, the state Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr. Jacob Ude said the Chime administration at inception inherited ill- motivated traditional rulers, adding that everything about them was pitiable.

He pointed out that the problems bedevilling the royal fathers at the inception of the administration include poor remuneration, lack of mobility and non-certification.

He said: "Governor Chime immediately addressed these problems by increasing their remuneration, giving out certificates of recognition and today solving the problems of mobility with the presentation of these cars."

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/8198-chime-presents-cars-to-enugu-monarchs.html
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
That's 463 cars right there

Did we say anything when your village governor gave away 463 car just a few months ago?

Did you clowns yell holly murder?

Of course you clowns did not.

Who is the hypocrite?

Fcuckkk you clowns

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by DaDoctor: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
JUST IMAGINE IT WAS GEJ WHO DID THIS
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by aloyemeka1: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

That's 463 cars right there

Did we say anything when your village governor gave away 463 car just a few months ago?

Did you clowns yell holly murder?

Of course you clowns did not.

Who is the hypocrite?

Fcuckkk you clowns

grin grin grin

So you justify the act of using tax payers money to bribe monarchs because governor Chime did it?. So if Fashola is caught stealing state's funds, you will justify it by posting Nnamani or Peter odili doing the same?. I thought Fashola sets the pace?. Since when did he start learning governance and political practices from Chime?. Nigeria na real yaga yaga citizens dem get o.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
aloy/emeka:

So you justify the act of using tax payers money to bribe monarchs because governor Chime did it?. So if Fashola is caught stealing state's funds, you will justify it by posting Nnamani or Peter odili doing the same?. I thought Fashola sets the pace?. Since when did he start learning governance and political practices from Chime?. Nigeria na real yaga yaga citizens dem get o.

Bribery and doing the job your people tasked you to do are 2 different things?

They all have job descriptions and obligations laid out in their constitutions.

Please keep quiet and find something better to worry about?

Freeking hypocrites,
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by aloyemeka1: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

Bribery and doing the job your people tasked you to do are 2 different things?

They all have job descriptions and obligations laid out in their constitutions.

Please keep quiet and find something better to worry about?

Freeking hypocrites,

So Lagosians unanimously asked Fashola to ignore jobless indigenes and buy expensive cars for the monarchs?.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2011
Chime is the man, 463 cars to traditional rulers?

All the hypocrites don disappear?

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2011
aloy/emeka:

So Lagosians unanimously asked Fashola to ignore jobless indigenes and buy expensive cars for the monarchs?.

1. This is the law and constitution of LAGOS STATE.

Lagosians asked the Government to take care of traditional rulers, buy them cars and provide them with police security and this has been going on since day one.

2. This is the responsibility of all the governments in our 36 states.

3. Get a Nigerian civic education book and read to alleviate your ignorance.
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by EkoIle1: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2011
Are my ibo brothers not mad at Chime for bribing with 463 cars?

Abi cat done bite their tongues ni?

Losers,

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola by cantell(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

That will never happen because the Ijaws have an opportunity to engage both lagosians and other non-indigenous ethnic groups in the development of their communities - (roads, health, education) since all ACN chairmen failed to perform the past 8 years - they would rather fight OPC. The Igbos in Surulere (Yahoo-Yahoo, Nollywood and Import-Exports business) have soo much money to upturn the politics of Lagos in their favor but what are they doing  Trust every Ndigbo to fight against themselves when it is in their best interest not to.  - The only pinch Lagos will feel is every Christmas and Easter when non-indigenous ethnic groups (who own most micro-businesses) go to their home-town. we are left with poorly cooked amala and all sorts of bush yoruba delicacies  grin  grin  grin  grin and area boys

Lol @ bolded words. You think say you get mouth?
Just wait till tpiah or ileke idi sees the words in bold letters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Conduct Census In 2018, Senate Tells President Buhari / Ike Ekweremadu Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today / 2023: Tinubu Appoints Masari Senior Adviser On Admin, Wamako, Special Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.