Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Youwin Updates - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Updates (10162 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants / YouWin Second Round Candidates List For The 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2011
ASUU actually tried to prevent us from having the Youwin business training today at UI, we had to relocate to another venue nearby, though wasn't comfortable, We sure displayed the never dying spirit in us.

I knew Kilonsele.com will go places, just waiting to win.
as for those saying there wasn't enough time to go through the applications, You missed it
The actually went through all,

One of the Instructors who also was part of the selection team said most Nigerians were scared to reveal their ideas as they thought it would probably be stolen
according to her

Q-what is your business idea
A- i can create ideas that can generate millions of naira

Q- how will you business survive
A- it will survive because people have done it and it survived

at one point she claimed she got fed up with everyone wanting to run a poutry or catfish business without any new ideas to make theirs standout
statistics from the selection team

over 100,000 signed up
over 26,000 actually hit the submit button
over 60% of submission came towards the closing period

from what i deduced, as the applications were rolling in, they were selecting right away, they did not wait for it all (probably why they extended it so they could get up to 6000)
Most smart people i know but never picked, when i called, i realised they never applied

Many underestimated it's integrity and because of that, they never applied.
Next year, i will advice you apply as it costs you nothing to do so.

Good luck to winners, even though we all cant get the money, we are learning a lot we never knew about running businesses and will definitely help us become successful entrepreneurs.

I'll love other winners to share their views here.
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2011
I applied but didn't make it. angry angry angry

I think I had a good business idea, but I am currently not in Nigeria. When I called one of my insiders, this is one of the reason why I was not selected. With the pace of how things would move, me not being there would not have helped matters, cry cry cry cry

Good luck to those who made the next round, once again, curious to see final winners.
Re: Youwin Updates by sonyjacobs(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
@webdezzi , where u guys paid any form of allowance for the training?
Re: Youwin Updates by damola1: 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think it's really for the small businesses, not even medium,
Re: Youwin Updates by crackhouse(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
About 6000 people will be selected and after the training, 1600 will be given not more than 1m naira each and the other 4400 will go empty handed apart from the free training they will receive. The 1600 will be selected from the 36 states and FCT. This programme will run for 3 years. Each year, 1600 will win, then multiply it by 3 years. What u get is the total number of the beneficiaries for the 3 year period.
Re: Youwin Updates by vladimiros: 10:38pm On Dec 07, 2011
Many underestimated it's integrity and because of that, they never applied.

I hope this serves as a punishments TO ALL THOSE IDIOTIC AND STUPIDLY SMART NIGERIANS, calling this a scam

ur governement finally helps you and all you do is accuse it of being a scam
Re: Youwin Updates by Kay1kay1(m): 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
Great initiative! This program  will have its full impact on 5 out of every 10, 000 unemployed Nigerians. I can think this program can widen its stretch. Transparency  and sustainability will help (not another government coming to phase out the program). Hope this gets better and bigger. Great for the winners.
Re: Youwin Updates by JamesDoe: 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2011
The press said N50bn. How do you reconcile this.

Year 1 cash gift: 1600 x 1m= N1.6bn
Year 2 cash gift: 1600 x 1m = N1.6bn
Year 3 cash gift: 1600 x 1m= N1.6bn
TOTAL= N4.8bn
Advisors=N4.8bn (assumed for three years)
Cash gift and advisors = N9.6bn

Total per media announcement =N50bn
Less cash gift and advisors = (N9.6bn)
Unexplained difference = N40.4bn

I hope someone can help explain the difference.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
crackhouse:

About 6000 people will be selected and after the training, 1600 will be given not more than 1m naira each and the other 4400 will go empty handed apart from the free training they will receive. The 1600 will be selected from the 36 states and FCT. This programme will run for 3 years. Each year, 1600 will win, then multiply it by 3 years. What u get is the total number of the beneficiaries for the 3 year period.
no, 1200 will get the grant
200 from each geo political zone with southwest having the largest traffic.

Kay1kay1:

Great initiative! This program  will have its full impact on 5 out of every 10, 000 unemployed Nigerians. I can think this program can widen its stretch. Transparency  and sustainability will help (not another government coming to phase out the program). Hope this gets bigger. Great for the winners.

thats if they provide a system that will follow up the usage of the grant. maybe giving the money out in bits and closely monitor progress milestone.
if not i can bet that more than 50% will misuse it

JamesDoe:

TOTAL= N4.8bn

grant is btw 1M-10M
we cannot explain until this is over.
FG promised that those not selected MAY be compensated. lets wait and see
Re: Youwin Updates by Kay1kay1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
JamesDoe:

The press said N50bn. How do you reconcile this?

shocked
Re: Youwin Updates by Kay1kay1(m): 11:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
@ webdezzi
Good intentions but easy, very easy for beneficiaries to divert funds to other 'legitimate' uses. "Abi no be national cake?" syndrome . . .
Hope this experiment really works. . .
Re: Youwin Updates by olamathins(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think federal government is serious about the whole thing. You need to be there to see for yourself it's not a joke. congrat to the few winners that make it to the 2nd stage of the competition.

Pal, don't you see this is job creation we've all dream about. if 1200 are empowered, i'm sure they will in turn employ at least two more unemployed folk to run their businesses. so what i will talking about? I think it is a step taking in the right direction. let's wait and see what come out of these. I f you miss that opportunity, many more are coming around the corner, just go to nigeria.smetoolkit.org, you stand a chance to win also.
Re: Youwin Updates by LagBlogger(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
The Youwin Program so far has been a marvelous program. Today in Abuja, Professor Peter Bankole gave a fantastic and inspiring speech on the contest and from what he said the organizers have put in place plus my observations of course and the integrity of those taking part in it, I can boldly state that the competition is truly a blessing to Nigeria at this critical time.

As for the naysayers this would teach them to be more prudent never think negative if you truly want to see positive changes.
Re: Youwin Updates by agabaI23(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2011
Nice one.
Re: Youwin Updates by lukesh(m): 7:14am On Dec 08, 2011
So far 1st day in kad(northwest) training is ok, though chalenges of venue cos a minister is comin 2day 4 an engagemnt in Arewa house, so d venue's change 4 2day 2 GAMJI park auditrm & sat behind keystone bank (shehu musa yar'adua house) bank's club house, bank rd. But d resrce peson Dr Dahiru Sani of Kad Bus Sch said 150 people'll scale tru in Northwest out of 520 insted of 200 as advrtsed or is it because of d uneven shortlist 4rm d diff regions lyk Northwest & Northeast. Other tin another res peson (a barister) advises dat it's beta 2 inc our busines wit FIRS n CAC b4 submtin it 4 d 2nd round 2 av an edge, i askd is it matrial 2 reg a compny wen u dnt knw mayb u'l actualy float it in future especialy if such busnes is captl intnsiv & there's no means of captl? For nw YouWIN is real b4 it's politicised.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2011
Webdezzi, that is why I ave been trying to call you so that we can step up the kilonsele. I want to link it to .net which is just picking up the rhythm too. I need some of your skills and you also need some of mine as well. Studying kilonsele.com has made me realize that we need to do some exchanges to accelerate.
I got your number by the way, we will continue later on.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2011
@DHTML,
thanks, would love to work with you, i will contact you soon.
Re: Youwin Updates by funshiba(m): 9:11am On Dec 08, 2011
webdezzi:

@DHTML,
thanks, would love to work with you, i will contact you soon.

Hey guys great job cos i was just bout to post something to find out more and see if i can create a platform to intaract on this,

@webdezzi i met some of your people and encouraged them earlier this year, i seriously think the company has potentials, please don't stop.

im sure we can do business. my company is integrated marketing concepts ltd. A marketing and event company (www.integratedmarketingltd.com), are you on twitter? whats your ID? pls find me so we can pm (@funshiba).

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THE BELOW QUESTIONS?

1. What are the required documents for the verification exercise? i was told a government ID, is that the only thing? what about company documents?

2. Any heads up on questions asked?

3. Unfortunately i have a very crazy schedule next week, please what is the duration of the training? is it something i can sneak in and sneak out/den come back?

4. Any financial commitment at this point?

5. Is it possible to change my venue as i observed there is a venue closer to my place (LBS), who do i send the mail to?

I guess thats all i have, this is sure one of my best page,

PLEASE KEEP SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND INSIDER KNOWLEDGE, WILL GO A LONG WAY TO ASSIST OTHERS!

Re: Youwin Updates by mrjingles(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2011
JamesDoe:

TOTAL= N4.8bn

I hope you applied cos you really need the training on how to run a biz. The disbursements to beneficiaries are not the only outlays. the man said they were fed, it costs money, halls are rented and paid for, materials for training are not free, transportation is not by foot and administrative work would not be done by a charity organization. You don't have access to all the information so you can't make any judgement.
Re: Youwin Updates by JamesDoe: 10:26am On Dec 08, 2011
^^^^^
No judgements being made.

The initial post was that cash gifts would be up to N1m for 1600 people. If you understood my post you will see that I allowed N5bn for cash gifts and another N5bn for advisors(including the expenses -food etc), leaving a N40bn unexplained difference.

Now if you read the posters response he added new information and increased the cash gift to N10m. So thanks for the info, but the answer has already been provided.
Re: Youwin Updates by viceb: 10:41am On Dec 08, 2011
Hoping that the Youwin winners are being selected on merit, We all know the Nigerian factor and how it mars things shocked shocked
Re: Youwin Updates by agubata111: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2011
My question is; How do they intend to monitor the people they give loan without collateral. one of my friends applied for the youwin. he told them he wants to go into agriculture, but his real intention is to use the money to stock his shop.
Re: Youwin Updates by oladayo042: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^^^ There are others like your friend out there.

LOL @ "Poultry and Catfish business" - the biz of the moment. Many people have the technical experience but lack business and marketing skills.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
mrjingles:

I hope you applied cos you really need the training on how to run a biz. The disbursements to beneficiaries are not the only outlays. the man said they were fed, it costs money, halls are rented and paid for, materials for training are not free, transportation is not by foot and administrative work would not be done by a charity organization. You don't have access to all the information so you can't make any judgement.

thank u.

funshiba:

Hey guys great job cos i was just bout to post something to find out more and see if i can create a platform to intaract on this,

@webdezzi i met some of your people and encouraged them earlier this year, i seriously think the company has potentials, please don't stop.

im sure we can do business. my company is integrated marketing concepts ltd. A marketing and event company (www.integratedmarketingltd.com), are you on twitter? whats your ID? pls find me so we can pm (@funshiba).

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THE BELOW QUESTIONS?

1. What are the required documents for the verification exercise? i was told a government ID, is that the only thing? what about company documents?

2. Any heads up on questions asked?

3. Unfortunately i have a very crazy schedule next week, please what is the duration of the training? is it something i can sneak in and sneak out/den come back?

4. Any financial commitment at this point?

5. Is it possible to change my venue as i observed there is a venue closer to my place (LBS), who do i send the mail to?

I guess thats all i have, this is sure one of my best page,

PLEASE KEEP SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND INSIDER KNOWLEDGE, WILL GO A LONG WAY TO ASSIST OTHERS!

Thanks funshiba,

i will link up with you definitely. as per ur questions
if your name is on the list of shortlisted, only then can you be part of the training.

1. Govt id and print out of the invitation for training email
2. what question pls.
3. You may be able to sneak in for the training successfully if you have guts
4. none
5. no, your venue will be sent to you by email.

We had a great class by Mrs Olugbemi Fernandez on marketing.
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
How do you xpect a fair competition between the likes of Igbenedion and Adenuga pikin who also enter competition ?
Re: Youwin Updates by funshiba(m): 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2011
webdezzi:

thank u.

Thanks funshiba,

i will link up with you definitely. as per your questions
if your name is on the list of shortlisted, only then can you be part of the training.

1. Govt id and print out of the invitation for training email
2. what question pls.
3. You may be able to sneak in for the training successfully if you have guts
4. none
5. no, your venue will be sent to you by email.

We had a great class by Mrs Olugbemi Fernandez on marketing.

Hey Wend,

I was shortlisted my name is on page 78 or so.

just wanted to know if i can go in and out of the training as i have an appointment i ll not like to miss in VI, was trying to find out if its just training or their is kinda interview section.

regards
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
I thank God I did not listen to all the people saying negative things about this program. I applied and was shortlisted for training in Benin, Edo State (South-South region).

Folks attending the training course in Lagos, kindly keep us posted on the latest happenings, so we can prepare ourselves further for our own training.

@Webdezzi, I love your courage and I think you have some knowledge I could make use of. I could learn a few things from you.

Here's where I'm taking my business to:

Cloud computing (Data Hosting, Iaas and Saas)
A functional e-commerce web application (something like amazon).
A functional social networking web application (something like LinkedIn)

My dreams look toooo lofty abi, lol, (I hope I'm not biting more than I can chew).

.NET
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2011
funshiba:

Hey Wend,

I was shortlisted my name is on page 78 or so.

just wanted to know if i can go in and out of the training as i have an appointment i ll not like to miss in VI, was trying to find out if its just training or their is kinda interview section.

regards

Dude, were you no mailed a venue? if your appointment is more important, why not boycott youwin.
if you miss a day, you will get nothing. we get to mark attendance.

.NET:

I thank God I did not listen to all the people saying negative things about this program. I applied and was shortlisted for training in Benin, Edo State (South-South region).

Folks attending the training course in Lagos, kindly keep us posted on the latest happenings, so we can prepare ourselves further for our own training.

@Webdezzi, I love your courage and I think you have some knowledge I could make use of. I could learn a few things from you.

Here's where I'm taking my business to:

Cloud computing (Data Hosting, Iaas and Saas)
A functional e-commerce web application (something like amazon).
A functional social networking web application (something like LinkedIn)

My dreams look toooo lofty abi, lol, (I hope I'm not biting more than I can chew).

.NET

no problem bro, for cloud try rackspacecloud.com. They have a platform that will allow you scale up easily with just clicks
for others, you may need to send an email to admin at kilonsele.com
thanx man
Re: Youwin Updates by lukesh(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
C what i mean by politics that may infiltrate YouWIN or how do u xplain a situatn where som1 anounce to the audience durin tea break in kd that all katsina indigene shld asemble behind the hall grapevine has it that the govnor of the state sent d felow to ascertain whether such participants are katsina indigenes.Mr Steven Orji frm Lag (res peson) is the bomb today in the northwest reg training. Though lunch arangmnt shaby
Re: Youwin Updates by adisarasaq(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
Pls help, my business plan was selected but i didn't check my mail until now and they said the training is from 6-9. Pls what can i do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get a Logo Design For Your Business / If You Are Not Using Quickteller You Are Wrong / Selling Physical Products Online Without Owning A Single Product In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.