Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Youwin Updates - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Updates (10227 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants / YouWin Second Round Candidates List For The 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
.NET:
Do you own afrintech? Or you work for them? Impressive services you offer. And did you apply?

Thanks.
Re: Youwin Updates by lukesh(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2011
Adisarasaq check ur email for info bt d trainin in northwest ended today
Re: Youwin Updates by agabaI23(m): 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
frog12:

Listen, I will be honest with you,[b] I applied [/b]because I wanted to make a difference, however inspite of our earlier criticisms that the FG could have partnered with Medium/Large enterprises to make jobs available --not this way.

I guess you were not selected?
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
frog12:

.NET:
Do you own afrintech? Or you work for them?  Impressive services you offer.  And did you apply?
Thanks.

Do you own afrintech
Yes Sir, and you may please tell me in what capacity you want us to serve you.

Impressive services you offer
Thank you.

And did you apply?
Of course. I'll be silly not to. cheesy cheesy
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
agabaI23:

I guess you were not selected?

sure.
Re: Youwin Updates by agabaI23(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
webdezzi:

sure.
I can understand the bitterness and skewed argument. Tell him that next year is by the corner.
Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2011
.NET:
Excellent. I admire it. Simply, and will explore your services further. We can exchange contacts at some point. I'm a Software Consultant.

Agaba123:
No bitterness, don't you think you sound similar?
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2011
They have postponed the submission of Business plans to 2 weeks. They said when all centres finish their trainings, then we can start submission of business plans.

I can't wait.

.NET
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2011
which gives us time to dot the i's and cross the t's. i wish everyone success in whatever ther biz may be.
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
Training finally ended in Benin on Tuesday afternoon. Wonderful sessions we had from Friday to Tuesday. Stage 2 has just started: Submission of the main business plan. Baba God, na your hand we dey o.

.NET
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 12:58am On Dec 23, 2011
Goodluck folks, here's to hoping that it is a fair process. smiley
Re: Youwin Updates by michchic: 4:55am On Jan 10, 2012
I JUST WANT TO ADD MY 2 CENTS. I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WERE SKEPTIC ABOUT THE PROGRAM, BUT THAT SHOULDNT HAVE STOPPED YOU FROM GOING THROUGHT WITH IT, IT DID NOT STOP ME, I WAS GOING TO DO IT THAN REGRET LATER (LIKE MY BROTHER IS DOING).
1. THOSE THAT DIDNT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT ARE UNDAUNTEDLY GOING TO BAD MOUTH THE PROGRAM AND TELL OTHERS NOT TO FOLLOW THEIR DREAMS, I CALL IT "THE MISERY LIKES COMPANY" AKA "BAD BELLE" SYNDROME. Bleep EVERYONE ELSE, AND FOLLOW YOUR DREAM IF IT’S LEGIT.
2. I AM NEITHER AN ADENUGA NOR A DANGOTE AND I GOT ACCEPTED. IF YOU DIDNT GET ACCEPTED INTO THE 2ND STAGE, LIKE SOME ONE MENTIONED, ITS QUITE POSSIBLE YOU HAD A PRETTY SHITTY IDEA, YOU DIDNT PRESENT IT CONVINCINGLY OR YOU HAVENT THOUGHT IT THROUGH ALL THE WAY (JUST RESEARCH IT BETTER AND LIKE YOU LIFE DEPENDS ON IT, THIS ISNT A GET RICH QUICK SCHEME) - BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.
3. MY IDEA, I'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR A FEW YEARS AND I'VE ADDED, SUBTRACTED, BETTERED IT, RESEARCHED IT THROUGHTLY, ETC. SO LOOK AT YOUR PLAN AND ASK YOUSELF IF YOU WERE A MILLIONAIRE AND SOMEONE CAME TO YOU WITH THAT BUSINESS PLAN, WOULD YOU SPONSOR IT?
4. I GOT MY EMAIL TO SHOW UP AT THE CLASSES WAY AHEAD OF TIME (ATLEAST A WEEK OR SO BEFORE), SO FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING OTHERWISE, AH AH, BE HONEST NOW, WHERE YOU EXPECTING THEM TO COME KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR? SPECIAL TELEGRAM? ALSO, FOR THE PERSON THAT MENTIONED "ACCOMODATIONS" LMAO, YOU GOT JOKES!! YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ THEIR WEBSITE THOROUGHLY.
5. FOR THE PERSONS WITH THE FRIEND THAT WANTS TO STOCK HIS SHOP AND PRETEND TO OPEN ANOTHER BUSINESS, THEY WOULD CATCH HIM. THESE PEOPLE READ THROUGH THESE THINGS THROUGHLY, SO NOBODY IS GOING TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF WRITING A GOOD BUSINESS PLAN (IT IS HECTIC) JUST TO USE THE MONEY FOR SOMETHING ELSE, YOU WOULDNT BE THAT INVESTED, THEY CAN TELL.
6. I AM BASED IN THE STATES AS WELL, FOR THE LADY THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HER "INSIDERS" WELL YOU MAY BE RIGHT AND WRONG AS WELL. JUST DONT GIVE UP, TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR BECAUSE I HEAR THEY WOULD OPEN CENTERS FOR NIGERIANS IN THE DIASPORA.
7. MY IDEA IS NEITHER SMALL NOR ORDINARY, THEY WELCOME EVERYONES IDEA AS LONG AS IT IS GENUINE OR PERHAPS SEEMS GENUINE, I AM SURE IF YOU HAD A POULTRY IDEA THEY WOULD WELCOME IT AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOMETHING UNIQUE YOU ARE TRYING TO ADD TO THE ALREADY SATURATED BUSINESS. GOOGLE IS GREAT IN GIVING YOU UP-TO-DATE IDEAS AND TECHNOLOGIES ON WORKING BUSINESS, INCORPORATE THOSE IDEAS INTO YOUR PLAN AND SEE IT WORK.
7. KEEP IN MIND THAT OWNING A BUSINESS ISNT EASY, IT REQUIRES A LOT OF COMMITMENT AND FRANKLY NOT EVERYONE CAN BE BUSINESS OWNERS TRY AS YOU MAY THE WORLD JUST INST BUILT LIKE THAT. JUST FIND YOUR NICHE AND GO WITH IT.

I WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK - FILLING OUT THE ANSWERS FOR THIS 2ND ROUND QUESTIONS IS HARD AND IT HAS GIVEN ME SLEEPLESS NIGHTS LOL BUT I KNOW WE CAN ALL DO IT. GOODLUCK GUYS!!!

P.S. KUDOS TO THE DUDE DOING THE KILONSELE THINGY, FUNNY MY BROTHER AND I TALKED ABOUT A FACEBOOK EQUIVALENT FOR NIGERIANS/AFRICA….CHINA HAS THEIRS. AND IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH, GOOGLE OR MICROSOFT MIGHT JUST WANT TO BUY IT OFF YOU….WORTH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. GOODLUCK HUN, HOPE YOU GET IT UP AND RUNNING, EVEN THOUGH I’M GETTING TIRED OF FACEBOOK I WOULD SUPPORT YOURS 100%.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
No more updates?
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
No more updates?
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
@J12,

what other updates do you want? You can check the website for more details: www.youwin.org.ng. Anyway, I hope you applied o. As for me, I am so getting that 10Million Naira grant.

.NET
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
I applied out of curiosity and they accepted my proposal, I didn't take it serious. The youwin website and their forum is a bit dry.
Those who are through with the second stage submissions should narrate their experiences to keep the thread busy.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
I applied out of curiosity and they accepted my proposal, I didn't take it serious. The youwin website and their forum is a bit dry.
Those who are through with the second stage submissions should narrate their experiences to keep the thread busy.
Re: Youwin Updates by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2012
It has been over a month since the last update positing that this is for real. Are there are beneficiaries out there willing to give us news of what has happened so far?
Re: Youwin Updates by tuniski: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
No monetary beneficiaries yet but all the 6000 2nd stage participants benefitted from stimulating insights into the world of entrepreneurship as well as deepening the existing biz. However YouWin is yet to announce the final winners.
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 12:41am On Mar 20, 2012
what is taking them this long ---- haven't they learned anything about momentum angry angry angry angry

I went to see that final list.

Its quite interesting that you claim that people have to wait for programs such as this to participate in entrepreneurial training. I thought Pan African University and Lagos Business School among other universities offer training in entrepreneurship. Plus to be a successful entrepreneur, you DO NOT need proper training.
Re: Youwin Updates by agabaI23(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2012
obowunmi: what is taking them this long ---- haven't they learned anything about momentum angry angry angry angry

I went to see that final list.

Its quite interesting that you claim that people have to wait for programs such as this to participate in entrepreneurial training. I thought Pan African University and Lagos Business School among other universities offer training in entrepreneurship. Plus to be a successful entrepreneur, you DO NOT need proper training.
I am sure you have seen the final list by now
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2012
Yes I have, thx
Re: Youwin Updates by Seun(m): 7:25am On Mar 23, 2012
Update us regularly, please.
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2012
Pls I am interested in interviewing winners. Pls get in touch with me. Thx.
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
On the 11th of October 2011 when I launched the Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWin) initiative, I promised that this administration would see the scheme through and ensure that youths are empowered with skills and the finances to create business that would employ other youths. At that time I said "unemployment among our youth is one of our biggest challenges. The time has come to create jobs (and) lay a new foundation for Nigeria's economic growth".

I am glad to report to you that the Federal Government has lived up to that promise and 1200 youths drawn from all over Nigeria have emerged as winners after submitting business proposals that were adjudged by an independent non governmental panel as viable. This first round of winners will now receive the capital to start up new businesses or enlarge established enterprises.

Now that the Federal Government has lived up to this promise, I encourage all winners and participants to take advantage of the skills received during the training exercise that preceded the announcement of winners. Nigerians are hardworking people. More than the money, the real prize arising from this scheme, is the determination of the Nigerian youth to excel!

GEJ

1 Like

Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
obowunmi: Pls I am interested in interviewing winners. Pls get in touch with me. Thx.

You've found one. So, what questions do you have to ask?

.NET
Re: Youwin Updates by Deji35: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
My wife got the mail below after previously being selected as a potential awardee. Anyone with same?

Dear ----
You are hereby invited to attend the Presidential Award Ceremony for the Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) Programme scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: Thursday April 12, 2012
Venue: Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja
Time: 8:00 a.m

This email serves as an invitation letter, should you decide to attend the ceremony. Please note that attendance at the ceremony is not mandatory. However, we will use the opportunity to complete the pre-disbursement validation process for those who are able to attend. To this end, please bring the following original documents with you if you decide to attend:

A. All provisional awardees should come with the following:

i. Government approved Identification that includes a picture, full names and date of birth (e.g., passport, driver’s license, national ID).

ii. Birth certificate or sworn affidavit of age.

B. Existing business owners should bring the following in addition to group A above:

i. CAC Registration documents if you already have them.

ii. Evidence of cash flow from the existing company, such as:

a. Corporate bank statements (within the last 3 months) showing inflow from customers.

b. Receipts and/or invoices for customers.

c. Purchase Orders from customers.

d. Evidence of salary payments to existing staff.

e. Applicable business permits, etc.

Kindly respond to confirm your attendance with a “Yes, I will attend”, or a ‘No, I am unable to attend” in the subject line of your email. Please send responses to admin@youwin.org.ng by close of business on Tuesday April 10, 2012.

N.B: Please note that this email is sent without prejudice to the prerogative of the Federal Government of Nigeria to withdraw, terminate or modify the YouWiN Program at any time without notice to you.

YouWiN! Programme Secretariat
Re: Youwin Updates by Deji35: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2012
My wife got the mail below after previously being selected as a potential awardee. Anyone with same?

Dear ----
You are hereby invited to attend the Presidential Award Ceremony for the Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) Programme scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: Thursday April 12, 2012
Venue: Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja
Time: 8:00 a.m

This email serves as an invitation letter, should you decide to attend the ceremony. Please note that attendance at the ceremony is not mandatory. However, we will use the opportunity to complete the pre-disbursement validation process for those who are able to attend. To this end, please bring the following original documents with you if you decide to attend:

A. All provisional awardees should come with the following:

i. Government approved Identification that includes a picture, full names and date of birth (e.g., passport, driver’s license, national ID).

ii. Birth certificate or sworn affidavit of age.

B. Existing business owners should bring the following in addition to group A above:

i. CAC Registration documents if you already have them.

ii. Evidence of cash flow from the existing company, such as:

a. Corporate bank statements (within the last 3 months) showing inflow from customers.

b. Receipts and/or invoices for customers.

c. Purchase Orders from customers.

d. Evidence of salary payments to existing staff.

e. Applicable business permits, etc.

Kindly respond to confirm your attendance with a “Yes, I will attend”, or a ‘No, I am unable to attend” in the subject line of your email. Please send responses to admin@youwin.org.ng by close of business on Tuesday April 10, 2012.

N.B: Please note that this email is sent without prejudice to the prerogative of the Federal Government of Nigeria to withdraw, terminate or modify the YouWiN Program at any time without notice to you.

YouWiN! Programme Secretariat
Re: Youwin Updates by AAT2: 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
yes, I did too
Re: Youwin Updates by agabaI23(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2012
so money dey around now. Good one GEJ
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
And we're in JUNE. What's the latest?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Updates by sholatech(m): 8:32am On Jun 09, 2012
Awardees have now opened bank accounts, mentoring trainings promised them commences, and cash starts hitting their accounts next week. Just as promised!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Microfinance Bank Supports Smes With Independence Day Gift. / CBN Rolls Back Reforms -Universal Banking To Be Phased Out 2011 / NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.