Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths (9955 Views)

"Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Boko Haram's Protest Is For Social Injustice - Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by ektbear: 1:22am On Dec 12, 2011
Abagworo, even if Boko Haram were an entirely Yoruba organization, their actions are still purely for the benefit of a small collection of Northern elites.

The ethnic composition of organizations isn't the most interesting thing. What is more important is who benefits from their actions. . . you must ask, "who they are working for, and whose goals are they implicitly trying to achieve?"

I do agree that the implied threat against innocent Hausa bystanders is unpleasant (who can be in favor of ethnic cleansing or possibly even genocide?)

However, I'm not sure that it is also ineffective, as you seem to be suggesting.

Basically the game BH is playing is to push Nigeria to the edge. But if you "push" a little further (as the OPC is threatening to do), you break Nigeria entirely. . . which if you've paid attention to both the utterances of BH and that of this Northern clique is not something that they desire.

They desire a Nigeria that they can subjugate, not Nigeria broken up into pieces. Since the piece they'll inherit (NW and NE zone) is by far the least appealing.

As much as I find this unpleasant, if some event happens that causes Hausa to be targetted en masse in the SW, that may just be the straw that breaks the Nigerian camel's back.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by NegroNtns(m): 1:36am On Dec 12, 2011
As much as I find this unpleasant, if some event happens that causes Hausa to be targetted en masse in the SW, that may just be the straw that breaks the Nigerian camel's back.

. . . .dissolving the nation, or introducing equitable balance and transform into true federalism!

thank you e_b.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Relax101(m): 1:42am On Dec 12, 2011
wellmax:

^^^^
See mumu ranting.

Haha, I laugh at your ignorance.
They didnt make any statement.
Whoever that gave them the silly idea about boko haram has just opened a new chapter of gbege!
You are the real mumu!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Relax101(m): 1:48am On Dec 12, 2011
Hahaha no one is going anywhere.
Any attempt to behave funny will be fully smashed!
Get that into your brain!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Obiagu1(m): 3:32am On Dec 12, 2011
If Southerners live in fear in the North, why should Northerners live in absolute peace in the South?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by ochizo(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2011
Obiagu1:

If Southerners live in fear in the North, why should Northerners live in absolute peace in the South?
very correct

Negro_Ntns:

This is not some rascal MASSOB,we have no room for placards and highway protest in the West. OPC is protecting peopel's rights. If you call it war then by GOD so be it, war it is!!
this shows your level of ignorance. What do you know about MASSOB, what do you know about WAR, have you experienced it ? Grow up pls, Nigeria don't need fools like you.

From my own point of view, OPC's protest showed the level of lawlessness and insecurity in the country because you don't just carry cutlasses, guns etc. to street at your own digression . I think there's a better way of expressing themselves as what they have done does not only put threat on Northerners in Lagos but every other tribes in the State. Also put it in mind that the so-called Boko Haram are killing some Northerners too.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by victorazy(m): 11:52am On Dec 12, 2011
@ Seanet02. The answer to ur comment is just because Yorubas like making noise and when its sate, they will run. Igbos don't make noise and they are attacking Yorubas because they are not trusted, they can betray u, yes they did it before.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by atreal: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2011
you are a fool for sayingyoruba betrays,are you ibos not betrayers?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by atreal: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2011
@victorazy , you are a fool for saying yoruba betrays,are you ibos not betrayers?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by kholis(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2011
Just one day, the kettle will boil off its lid. lol
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by JimmyBoy1: 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2011
We can speak all the english on NL, but the message was "signed, sealed and delivered". Nobody has monopoly of violence, we are only telling them not to bring their bombing near us, I dont think that is out of place.

We should not forget that SSS actually prosecuted someone for BB messages that were meant to recruit operatives for the bombing of Third Mainland Brigde.

A stitch on time saves nine.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by manny4life(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
No doubt that the message was indeed CLEAR, however, the way the message was sent was WRONG. This is a perfect case of pot calling kettle black. When you take to the street with armed weapons, what does that constitute? In a civilized, security conscious country, though that isn't an "act of war" but an act of homeland security breach. Although, what can I say? The only language Nigerian leader hear is VIOLENCE. While I support the message, I just think protest with all forms of weaponry was out of line though.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by lagcity(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^ so u expect them to carry placards like mumu massob ehn? the message was successful. OPC got delivery confirmation b4 72 hrs. grin and even busybody ibo Ezeife sef chook him mouth for wetin no concern am. loudmouth ibos, always parroting about for Yoruba business cheesy.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by nku5: 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2011
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! The sword and pump action parade is yielding some dividends after all. We southerners have talking non-stop about how the north does not have a monopoly of violence but at least a show of force has gotten some attention.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by manny4life(m): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2011
lagcity:

^^^ so u expect them to carry placards like mumu massob ehn? the message was successful. OPC got delivery confirmation b4 72 hrs. grin and even busybody ibo Ezeife sef chook him mouth for wetin no concern am. loudmouth ibos, always parroting about for Yoruba business cheesy.

Oh, Massob carried placards and protested yet they were unpeaceful?  Massob carried placards yet their members were arrested on the grounds of national security. Massob carried placrads to protest yet they were tagged as somewhat of a terrorist organization and their leader should be held on the account of treason. Even the holy bible said so; out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. I guess that sums it up, it was delivered and confirmed, no doubt, but please we can all assume that OPC has joined the wagon as well.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by islamrules(m): 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
At least OPC/Mend has done something what has Igbo done ?

Counting their losses ?

Keep counting!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by greggng: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
Am so happy with the comment of one of my Yoruba brother regarding this matter. I quite agree with him that boko haram has no right to perpetrate crime in any yoruba land.I will be prepared to work with opc if such happens. The yorubas are not blood thirsty people and thats why they are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria. The time has come for the Ibos to join hands with the yorubas to eliminate all this terrorist . If we want to divide this country. that should be done peacefully without innocent blood involved.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by gbogboti: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
The message was indeed very clear. The logic is, how many Northerners are in the S/W compare to the Yorubas in the entire North. Lets try to be very rationale in our approaches. I can bet you that the Yorubas are more in the Northern parts of Nigeria than the SE/SS. Ask Yorubas leaving up North and you would be very surprise at what you would hear concerning this. SHALOM!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by islamrules(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
The message was indeed very clear. The logic is, how many Northerners are in the S/W compare to the Yorubas in the entire North. Lets try to be very rationale in our approaches. I can bet you that the Yorubas are more in the Northern parts of Nigeria than the SE/SS. Ask Yorubas leaving up North and you would be very surprise at what you would hear concerning this. SHALOM!

Where did u get ur statistic ?
Do u know how many hausas are in Lagos only talkless of other towns ?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ekt_bear, Eko Ile, @ negro_nations are you guys on twitter?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
OPC message has been delivered in the right quarters

And how about that busybody Ezeife keeping quiet? With his bear bear like ram own.

Cant Ibos just STFU? They are inconsequential you know

OPC has demonstrated whoever doesnt like it, Should go hug Boko Haram
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by EkoIle1: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
lagcity:

islamrules:

At least OPC/Mend has done something what has Igbo done ?

Counting their losses ?

Keep counting!
grin grin grin grin
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2011
Dayokanu. . . . . .wish I could click the like button on your comment above. succinctly put.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Sonofpeace(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2011
This is a welcome development coming from OPC. I just wish they should start killing any hausa/fulani on sight immediately cos time is fast running.
We Igbos should just chillax, watch and learn how it is done by the Yorubas. They can take on the Hausas alone. Infact, the war should begin right away only that we(igbos) would be the referee.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^^^the fact that you failed the first and last time should not turn you to perpetual cowards.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Sonofpeace(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^
and who cares? Referees are not cowards na, they are there to maintain the rules of the game, in this senario the rule of the war.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by infofta(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2011
Religious war, Tribal war, Economic war all on the way. Boko Haram do you want to divide Nigeria? Just say it instead of going to war. Hope no bomb goes off in SW or SS that will kick start the war. God save us in 2012.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by phantom(m): 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
Story story, when mend bombed atlas cove, wetin happen?no be english we hear at the end? Abi them think say WAR na this their nonsense wey we dey watch for africa magic yoruba?lol, bunch a clowns, like someone said,by the time dem don comot agbada finish, dem go dey rest comfortably on top suya grill.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by islamrules(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
Story story, when mend bombed atlas cove, wetin happen?no be english we hear at the end? Abi them think say WAR na this their nonsense wey we dey watch for africa magic yoruba?lol, bunch a clowns, like someone said,by the time dem don comot agbada finish, dem go dey rest comfortably on top suya grill.

keep counting
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Jaybaba(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2011
I do not think the OPC armed protest in Lagos is reason to start ethnic segmentation or quarrel here on Nairaland.
The OPC do not have right to bear arms and do not have right to threaten another ethnic group resulting in the ACF leader - Shetima Yerima getting more phone calls than MTN Customer Care. Boko Haram also is a lawless organisation that has claimed more lives than reporter.

Our FG's inability to bring their sponsors to book is the main problem we should discuss but not look to threaten law abiding citizens of other ethnic groups because a kin of theirs is acting extremely elsewhere. I hope we are not encouraging militia groups in a so called civilized state?
Boko Haram NO. OPC NO. MASSOB NO. BAKASSI BOYS NO. MEND NO.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
Out of curiousity, what does OPC intend to do should Boko-haram attack the SW? Go on rampage killing innocent northerners? Or will they match the north to challenge BH? Just curious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anniversary: BAN Is Nigeria's Biggest Movement - Yahaya Bello Ambassadors / Insecurity: Some Of The Kidnappings Incidents Are Politically Instigated - Wike / God Promoted Me Through PDP - Governor Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.