Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths (9953 Views)

"Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Boko Haram's Protest Is For Social Injustice - Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by nelly4(f): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2011
please let them xpress that tney can xpress, the right to do so xsist,
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Out of curiousity, what does OPC intend to do should Boko-haram attack the SW? Go on rampage killing innocent northerners? Or will they match the north to challenge BH? Just curious.

Bros I no dey even understand you. Who you dey support and do you agree with the unwarranted killing of Boko Haram? Na wah to you ooooo. The animals called Boko Haram have killed hundreds of innocent people and what the OPC has simply done is make them know that they cannot bring such senseless and foolish killings to the South West. Its that too hard for you to understand?

Its either you are playing the devil's advocate and trying to be controversial or you are just plain dumb. No insult intended.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

Bros I no dey even understand you. Who you dey support and do you agree with the unwarranted killing of Boko Haram? Na wah to you ooooo. The animals called Boko Haram have killed hundreds of innocent people and what the OPC has simply done is make them know that they cannot bring such senseless and foolish killings to the South West. Its that too hard for you to understand?

Its either you are playing the devil's advocate and trying to be controversial or you are just plain dumb. No insult intended.

I'm not in support of boko-haram. They're the worst thing to happen to Nigeria after Abacha and Babangida combined. But i think it's very unreasonable for OPC going to protest with arms and amunitions. Who does that? It means they're calling for war. If they wanted war they should have just attacked those bitches up not straight away instead of carrying guns in a priest clothing.

I don't know why you find i difficult to understand. It's either you're playing the devil's advocate and trying to be controversial or you are just plain dumb. No pun intended.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm not in support of boko-haram. They're the worst thing to happen to Nigeria after Abacha and Babangida combined. But i think it's very unreasonable for OPC going to protest with arms and amunitions. Who does that? It means they're calling for war. If they wanted war they should have just attacked those bitches up not straight away instead of carrying guns in a priest clothing.

I don't know why you find i difficult to understand. It's either you're playing the devil's advocate and trying to be controversial or you are just plain dumb. No pun intended.

You obviously do not like the OPC for reasons best known to you. However, tell me, how would you defend your house and family if you continue to get threats from the touts and street urchins in your area that they would ra.pe your wife and daughter some day before you get back from work?

Wouldn't you buy an AK-47, hire a body guard for your wife and daughter and employ every security measure there is to protect your family? Or would you wait till the touts make good their threats?

Thats exactly what the OPC did, letting Boko Haram know that they are equal to the task if they dare bring their bombs to the South West and mind you they only displayed just a little of their armoury. OPC definitely have grenades, rocket launchers and what have you. I guess I have made my point clearer now.   
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by udezue(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
I see nothing wrong with what OPC just did. They are there to protect the interest of the Yoruba and if they feel like openly carry weapons to warn BH is the best way to send their message then thats their business not ours to start criticizing. Maybe its time MASSOB and other Igbo interest groups start learning to flex their muscles too.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
udezue:

I see nothing wrong with what OPC just did. They are there to protect the interest of the Yoruba and if they feel like openly carry weapons to warn BH is the best way to send their message then thats their business not ours to start criticizing. Maybe its time MASSOB and other Igbo interest groups start learning to flex their muscles too.
You see nothing wrong in an unauthorised group carrying weapons to terrify the citizenry? Nwanne, let's tell ourselves the truth. If every group decides to tow the path of OPC, i don't think anybody will be able to contain it. Let's thread cautiously because we don't kknow who we may offend and the repercursions could be grave beyond salvation.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

we dont
You see nothing wrong in an unauthorised group carrying weapons to terrify the citizenry? Nwanne, let's tell ourselves the truth. If every group decides to tow the path of OPC, i don't think anybody will be able to contain it. Let's thread cautiously because we don't kknow who we may offend and the repercursions could be grave beyond salvation.

Please and please, will you be kind enough to tell us how one can tell a barking and life-threatening enemy to back off angry angry angry
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
udezue:

Well said.

A yoruba proverb says. When they are shouting carry caryy caryy and you dont join them to carry, They would drop the baggage in front of your house.

Well The Boko Haram Sponsors have been served a Notice of intent. that any attempt or attempted attempt to bring their craze to Yoruba land would be met with equal violence
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

Please and please, will you be kind enough to tell us how one can tell a barking and life-threatening enemy to back off angry angry angry

What's the job of the police and the military? We know they've been relatively incompetent but can OPC do a better job? What i see OPC doing in the event of an attack on the SW is to go about unleashing terror on innocent northerners. Do you want that to happen?

Everything that's happening in this country is as a result of many years of useless rulership. OPC and the other groups should channel their energy in challenging the government to do what is right instead of engaging in a myopic banter with a terrorist group.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Well said.

A yoruba proverb says. When they are shouting carry caryy caryy and you dont join them to carry, They would drop the baggage in front of your house.

Well The Boko Haram Sponsors have been served a Notice of intent. that any attempt or attempted attempt to bring their craze to Yoruba land would be met with equal violence

Can afam4eva please read and understand this? At least, nobody was killed and no damage caused when OPC protested. It was just a warning for Boko Haram to back off South West, where you prolly reside.

Maybe, your house should be where the first bomb is dropped when Boko Haram attacks the South West and when you survive it, please come tell us what you think should be done to Boko Haram
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

Can afam4eva please read and understand this? At least, nobody was killed and no damage caused when OPC protested. It was just a warning for Boko Haram to back off South West, where you prolly reside.

Maybe, your house should be where the first bomb is dropped when Boko Haram attacks the South West and when you survive it, please come tell us what you think should be done to Boko Haram

You expect me to read the words of a cyber terrorist? No, thanks. I've said my own oo. OPC should just leave the NPF and army to do their job.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2011

1 Like

Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

What's the job of the police and the military? We know they've been relatively incompetent but can OPC do a better job? What i see OPC doing in the event of an attack on the SW is to go about unleashing terror on innocent northerners. Do you want that to happen?

Everything that's happening in this country is as a result of many years of useless rulership. OPC and the other groups should channel their energy in challenging the government to do what is right instead of engaging in a myopic banter with a terrorist group.

I know you know better, but just want to argue for the sake of it. You obviously live in Lagos and know how Nigeria operates. Are you waiting for Jonathan, the police and military to protect you from those crazy boys robbing people all because of Christmas or is your house fenced and gated? Does your car have a car tracker or security device installed in it to protect it from been stolen and if stolen recovered?

Why don't you allow the police and military protect your property, rather than spend thousands of your hard earned money to protect it. Why do you have a generator or inverter to generate your own power when it should be the job of PHCN.

Bros you know the truth and what is obtainable in Nigeria and it was good arguing with you without hauling insults.

I rest my case.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2011
PStylish:

Abeg OPC have earned their bragging rights. Give it to them.

I will give it to them when they put a pullet through your skull. When they go on rampage it's everybody that will suffer. Are you thinking that northerners in Lagos will sit tight to be slaughtered? Your guess is as good as mine. Lagos will be on fire. South-west will be in turmoil. he who has ear, let him hear.  Nuff said.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

I will give it to them when they put a pullet through your skull. When they go on rampage it's everybody that will suffer. Are you thinking that northerners in Lagos will sit tight to be slaughtered? Your guess is as good as mine. Lagos will be on fire. South-west will be in turmoil. he who has ear, let him hear.  Nuff said.

Now I get your point. I was in Surulere when the OPC and Hausa fight broke out in Idi-Araba and it was not funny. Alot of lives were lost, friends and families where displaced. But someone has got to make a stand against Boko Haram since the Federal Govt., Police and Army has failed Nigerians.

Its a thing of choosing between the lesser evil and I will go with the OPC unleashing mayhem on the Northerners, than the non-chalant attitude of our retardeen of a President.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Afam4eva(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2011
eros:

Now I get your point. I was in Surulere when the OPC and Hausa fight broke out in Idi-Araba and it was not funny. Alot of lives were lost, friends and families where displaced. But someone has got to make a stand against Boko Haram since the Federal Govt., Police and Army has failed Nigerians.

Its a thing of choosing between the lesser evil and I will go with the OPC unleashing mayhem on the Northerners, than the non-chalant attitude of our retardeen of a President.

You're right. Someone should make a stand but not against boko-haram but the federal government. They're the one responsible for all that's happening throughout the country courtesy so many years of mismanagement. Bokoharam is just an off-shoot of of this misrule. So, my best bet is that we(OPC, MEND, MASSOB etc) tackle the government and every other thing will be put in place.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by eros(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

You're right. Someone should make a stand but not against boko-haram but the federal government. They're the one responsible for all that's happening throughout the country courtesy so many years of mismanagement. Bokoharam is just an off-shoot of of this misrule. So, my best bet is that we(OPC, MEND, MASSOB etc) tackle the government and every other thing will be put in place.

BUT SADLY, WHO WILL LEAD
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by humblebee: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2011
islamrules:

At least OPC/Mend has done something what has Igbo done ?

Counting their losses ?

Keep counting!

hailing ojukwu, dreaming biafra, expecting presidency handover by 2015, dreaming is there hobby
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by nku5: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2011
@pstylish - very accurate write-up on the opc. But the truth is its very important not to start what u can't finish. Opc have plenty of street live right now but it is very dangerous to give a militia group moral authority like that. The bakassi boyz history is there for all to see. They came on the scene at a bad time in the east, cleansed no-go areas like aba and onitsha of robbers and drug pushers and were looked up to like heroes. Within a year of their peak they were guns for hire and political thugs. in this case its not even just to cure social malaises like crime its political and you can be sure they are going to get lots of patronage after this. The question is how much power are you willing to give and who can control it if they decide to become law unto themselves. Ronu o
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Chyz2: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
PStylish:

@All especially non SWerners
The OPC is not a mouth mouth organization as most you guys think.They mean every bit of what they say. An average Yoruba man may be a coward but not an OPC member. The OPC is a like a cult formed during the Abacha era and existing to date. Abacha couldnt wipe them out.There is also OPC in the north if you didnt know.
No Yoruba man will ever fight if he stands no chance of winning.We are not daft.We don't like to die like chickens. All those OPC members you see have fortified themselves with all sorts of charm in addition to whatever weapon they carry. No OPC member relies on his physical weapon alone no matter how sophisticated.
Even average Yorubas do not like to deal or have anything to do with an OPC member.

Talking about the OPC's antecedents, let me remind you all in case you have forgotten. Between 1999 and 2003, the OPC liberated Ajegunle from the Ijaws, Ketu/Mile 12 market, Matori,Idi Araba,Oko Oba and Agege from the Hausa-Fulani.
They have massacred the northerners in Lagos in the past and they can do it again.They are only trying to remind all that they are still very much around.The OPC took on the police and army during those periods and got away with it. OPC leaders have been arrested and charged with grave offences time and again and have been released unhurt.

Again, a tribal war is not the same as a war of secession as some on this forum are trying to suggest.The police and army consisting of all tribes including Yorubas will only be peacekeepers.No one is going anywhere.Its one Nigeria until the West is tired of this contraption.

The fact that OPC protested with weapons undisturbed in Lagos says a lot. The fact no other ethnic militia can or will attempt to do what they did in Lagos is chilling and fulfilling to say the least.

Abeg OPC have earned their bragging rights. Give it to them.

This is the funniest post on this page. When OPC was created to have the yoruba secede what happened? Abacha brought out the blades, then OPC ended up changing their mission statement. Can that "until the west wants to leave" nonsense". grin

And another laugh abt OPC chasing out The Ijaws from Ajegunle. The Ijaw boys gave them a whippin and did not run. What tin u dey talk?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by udezue(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2011
@ afam, so u are waiting on the FG to do something in Nigeria?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by noiseless: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2011
Someone goes about with bombs and blowing up everyone,and the other one goes about demonstrating with his guns on the street without hurting anyone,yet some politicians are busy trying to appear moderate unnecessarily.There is nothing wrong at all with what opc did after all ngeria is a lawless land.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by udezue(m): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
I beg make una free OPC this time my Igbo brothers.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by kbsheshe(m): 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
Bewarned ! Bewarned !! Bewarned !!!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2011
. . . . . . Until they're pushed to the wall.
I wont support OPC if any innocent Northerner is harmed in the SW. The SW is supposed to be a peaceful region where anybody can be safe, not harmed because of their specific tribe. If OPC really wants to show they're still alive, join with the OPC in the North and protest in the North. Dont do it in the SW where boko harams arent even present.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by kettykin: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2011
The OPC Anti Bokoharam protest was unnecessary primarily because the Bokohoaram operators originally didnt intend to bring it to the SW, if OPC had portested that the Bokoharam should not kill or cause to die through their bombing ny Yoruba person , that can be understandable but how will somebody protest that Ghadaffi or Sadam husein should not bring battle to your door step when the battle originally was not intended to be brought to your door step
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
kettykin:

The OPC Anti Bokoharam protest was unnecessary primarily because the Bokohoaram operators originally didnt intend to bring it to the SW, if OPC had portested that the Bokoharam should not kill or cause to die through their bombing ny Yoruba person , that can be understandable but how will somebody protest that Ghadaffi or Sadam husein should not bring battle to your door step when the battle originally was not intended to be brought to your door step

Exactly, IMHHHHO, the foools just attracted attention to the SW.
Or maybe it's because of the runors about BH targeting Lagos.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by hbrednic: 1:38am On Dec 13, 2011
still one nigeria,we are watching cool cool
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by NegroNtns(m): 2:15am On Dec 13, 2011
You see nothing wrong in an unauthorised group carrying weapons to terrify the citizenry?

Who said this Who should they obtain authority from?
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by koruji(m): 3:17am On Dec 13, 2011
First, the SSS has already prosecuted people for planning to procure BMBs for the 3rd mainland bridge.

Second, OPC probably has intelligence that BH was attempting to bring its trade to the SW - that is what they do.

Anybody that assumes that BH & its various franchises has the "honor" to keep their BMBS out of the SW, without somebody standing up to them, is deceiving him/herself.

OPC can't wait until they have planted roots and cannot be easily taking out - prevention is better than cure. OPC is not going to engage in any violence unless BH refuses to keep its "baby's" hands to its body.

kettykin:

The OPC Anti Bokoharam  protest was unnecessary primarily because the Bokohoaram operators originally didnt intend to bring it to the SW, if OPC had portested that the Bokoharam should not kill or cause to die through their bombing ny Yoruba person , that can be understandable but how will somebody protest that Ghadaffi or Sadam husein should not bring battle to your door step when   the battle originally was not intended to be brought to your door step

Ileke-IdI:

Exactly, IMHHHHO, the foools just attracted attention to the SW.
Or maybe it's because of the runors about BH targeting Lagos.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 13, 2011
koruji:

First, the SSS has already prosecuted people for planning to procure BMBs for the 3rd mainland bridge.

Second, OPC probably has intelligence that BH was attempting to bring its trade to the SW - that is what they do.

Anybody that assumes that BH & its various franchises has the "honor" to keep their BMBS out of the SW, without somebody standing up to them, is deceiving him/herself.

OPC can't wait until they have planted roots and cannot be easily taking out - prevention is better than cure. OPC is not going to engage in any violence unless BH refuses to keep its "baby's" hands to its body.

I just dont want that kain wahala in Yorubaland. If this is a warning for boko harams, let it stop there.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by koruji(m): 5:34am On Dec 13, 2011
Yes, the OPC protest would be a major concern in other circumstances - but not when the alternative is a good probability that BH's madness is coming southward.

Ileke-IdI:

I just dont want that kain wahala in Yorubaland. If this is a warning for boko harams, let it stop there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state / Presidential Aspirant Gives Reason Why APC, PDP Should Be Abandoned In 2019 / APC, PDP To Split Gombe’s 1.3m Votes--daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.