Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983336 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
demifunke: Many thanks @ justwise am very grateful, but am scared of the ukboarder not hold back to me filling single while I was married.although I have profe of the relationship sunce 2010 - mails, prof of money sent to me, skype chat, wedding certificate,pictures of my visit, wedding pic,etc. I think he earns up to that amount not very sure how its calculated. If he really work hard then we are good but if he doesn't get enough shift then I doubt if we will meet up with the finicial requirement. Then what other supporting document that I need for the application.and am sorry what do you mean by been honest and not holding back any information - I mean like what information pls? .My hubby is still live and work in the uk . Am just scare cos I had our application fee is about 500,000(myself and my baby). Also do I have to get a lawyer for the application?. Thanks so much.

Those documents you listed are very important as well as meeting the financial requirement. Spouse visa is your only way out of the ban, when i said being honest...i meant not lying about any previous immigration offenses ..no matter how bad its. You do not need a lawyer for this....only if you have alot of money to waste.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isabeth: 11:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Good day house,
Please I need your advice,my husband is an EEU citizen but he reside in the UK with a good job,have applied for family visa twice which was denied,please I want to join him in the UK which form will I fill - family permit form(VAT5) or family settlement form(VAT4)
Secondly is the family permit or family settlement application fee free during submission at d embassy.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:44am On Apr 06, 2013
isabeth: Good day house,
Please I need your advice,my husband is an EEU citizen but he reside in the UK with a good job,have applied for family visa twice which was denied,please I want to join him in the UK which form will I fill - family permit form(VAT5) or family settlement form(VAT4)
Secondly is the family permit or family settlement application fee free during submission at d embassy.thanks
It seems your husband is a citizen of another EU state but resides in the UK, if so, you should be applying for the EU Treaty Rights, and this application is done free of charge.
But shouldn't it be expected that your husband has knowledge about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 10:27am On Apr 06, 2013
Thanks so much @ justwell am very grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
demifunke: Thanks so much @ justwell am very grateful.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajala70: 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
There are cheap tickets to UK via Turkish airline and virgin atlantic and the offer closes Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajala70: 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
isabeth: Good day house,

Have u tried getting a good immigration lawyer or have you taken time to check the home office website?I am sure these might help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Signal81telecom: 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
My case is bit complicated. Two applications were rejected in two months. June and August 2012 to be precise.

I will not withhold any information. The two applications were false representation of my true self. Occupation and salary account were forged. But i was lucky enough to escape 10years ban.

Eco's decision/reasons for refusal

(a)"Closing balance is equivalent to more than 7months income. Not satisfied that the statement is true reflection of your financial circumstances"

(b) "i am not satisfied that the cost of this trip commensurate with your economic circumstances"

Truth is that i have genuine accounts both current and dom with enough funds, but i was advised by this agent and for the fear of having lump sums deposited several times i went with the agent advice. I have been doing business since 2005 when i graduated from uni., i own a big studio which folded up due to poor management, since then i have diversify into communication business, i sell gsm mobile phone which i buy directly from dubai and usa, also i have incorporated my company but hitherto it has no bank account. Just 2months old.

I intend to reapply in few weeks with my original documents, bank statement et al. Problem is how to convince the Eco with my current and dom account which have lump sums. I have some invoice from the warehouses i do business with both on dubai and usa. I have my wedding certificate, kids birth certs,

In the previous applications i used my bank statement of account (original) and salary account (fake) Only the fake was made reference of.

Now i intend to use the same original bank statement and dom account statement, but will write a cover letter that i have resigned my appointment with the forged company i used in previous applications. LOL

Please advise. I beg una
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
Signal81telecom: My case is bit complicated. Two applications were rejected in two months. June and August 2012 to be precise.

I will not withhold any information. The two applications were false representation of my true self. Occupation and salary account were forged. But i was lucky enough to escape 10years ban.

Eco's decision/reasons for refusal

(a)"Closing balance is equivalent to more than 7months income. Not satisfied that the statement is true reflection of your financial circumstances"

(b) "i am not satisfied that the cost of this trip commensurate with your economic circumstances"

Truth is that i have genuine accounts both current and dom with enough funds, but i was advised by this agent and for the fear of having lump sums deposited several times i went with the agent advice. I have been doing business since 2005 when i graduated from uni., i own a big studio which folded up due to poor management, since then i have diversify into communication business, i sell gsm mobile phone which i buy directly from dubai and usa, also i have incorporated my company but hitherto it has no bank account. Just 2months old.

I intend to reapply in few weeks with my original documents, bank statement et al. Problem is how to convince the Eco with my current and dom account which have lump sums. I have some invoice from the warehouses i do business with both on dubai and usa. I have my wedding certificate, kids birth certs,

In the previous applications i used my bank statement of account (original) and salary account (fake) Only the fake was made reference of.

Now i intend to use the same original bank statement and dom account statement, but will write a cover letter that i have resigned my appointment with the forged company i used in previous applications. LOL

Please advise. I beg una
What makes you think that you have not been banned, do you expect the visa officer to tell you your status?
Well, that is not how they work, visa officers do not advise applicant on their ban status unless they are asked.
The highlighted part is a clue that (at least, one of your fraud) was detected and therefore, there is no doubt about it that you are under the 10 years ban. Period
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isabeth: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
My husband is Spanish citizen,but he does not know which application form I should fill here in Nigeria,please application form is for EU treaty rights
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
isabeth: My husband is Spanish citizen,but he does not know which application form I should fill here in Nigeria,please application form is for EU treaty rights
Thanks
Is your husband living in Spain?
The EU treaty rights directive only applies to all Union citizens who move to or reside in a Member State other than that of which they are a national, and to their family members who accompany or join them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Signal81telecom: 6:47am On Apr 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
What makes you think that you have not been banned, do you expect the visa officer to tell you your status?
Well, that is not how they work, visa officers do not advise applicant on their ban status unless they are asked.
The highlighted part is a clue that (at least, one of your fraud) was detected and therefore, there is no doubt about it that you are under the 10 years ban. Period

Thanks vjcjustice. Could you please explain further how to confirm if one has been ban.

In my second application, the decision was; ECO was not satisfied that the cost of the trip commensurate with my economic circumstances. ECO mentioned i had a wife and two kids to support.

Please advice what i should do as i intend to reapply this week.

Also please explain the below as it was included in both applications.

"Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(i)(c) of the National Immigration and Asylum Act 2002"

It doesn't look to me as a ban. No doubt i have sinned, but now i am going pure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2013
Signal81telecom:

Thanks vjcjustice. Could you please explain further how to confirm if one has been ban.

In my second application, the decision was; ECO was not satisfied that the cost of the trip commensurate with my economic circumstances. ECO mentioned i had a wife and two kids to support.

Please advice what i should do as i intend to reapply this week.

Also please explain the below as it was included in both applications.

"Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(i)(c) of the National Immigration and Asylum Act 2002"

It doesn't look to me as a ban. No doubt i have sinned, but now i am going pure.
I created a thread in respect to this issue, click on the link below to read.
Now, regarding the rights of appeal, you need to have the FULL RIGHTS in order to be eligible to appeal a decision, and such full rights come with an application for a visa under the categories of RIGHTS (such as family member visa), not an application of privilege (such as one for tourist visa).
My friend, you are under the ban, don't expect the visa officer to tell you so.
Click here to read more: https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2013
@ justwise and vicjustice !!!!!Oh my God am just a bit confuse @ this junction. My hubby try to get his uk lawyer involve in the case but the lawyer said we cant win the case even when applying for the spousal visa since i have a ban base on deception - that i filled single while i was married and didn't disclose i was pregnant when applying for the visit visa. said i will be refuse base on 320(7c) or something not sure . its quite confusing and dont know what to do .please house kindly assist .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Signal81telecom: 11:28am On Apr 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
I created a thread in respect to this issue, click on the link below to read.
Now, regarding the rights of appeal, you need to have the FULL RIGHTS in order to be eligible to appeal a decision, and such full rights come with an application for a visa under the categories of RIGHTS (such as family member visa), not an application of privilege (such as one for tourist visa).
My friend, you are under the ban, don't expect the visa officer to tell you so.
Click here to read more: https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

Thanks bro. Not the end of the road. i was only going to spend my hard earn cash in the
UK.

I'll give US a try, no need advising me. I'm going with 100% genuine documents. If they approve, fine, if not,business continues.

I have 5months left on my passport for it to expire, knowing fully well i can't apply with that, do i get another passport, or wait for it to expire in 5months time before i can apply for another. Please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2013
Signal81telecom:

Thanks bro. Not the end of the road. i was only going to spend my hard earn cash in the
UK.

I'll give US a try, no need advising me. I'm going with 100% genuine documents. If they approve, fine, if not,business continues.

I have 5months left on my passport for it to expire, knowing fully well i can't apply with that, do i get another passport, or wait for it to expire in 5months time before i can apply for another. Please advise.
If you are applying for a short term (like 3 or 6 months) tourist/visit (single entry) visa, you can not apply for it with a passport that is that close to expiration, but if you are applying for a long term visa with multiple entry, there would be no problem if your passport is close to its expiry date: A valid visa in an expired passport is allowed to be used.
The reason is, with a short term visa on a passport that is expiring, (for example, a 6 months visa in a passport with 5 months left) there is a high suspicion that the applicant does not intend to return to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:54am On Apr 08, 2013
demifunke: @ justwise and vicjustice !!!!!Oh my God am just a bit confuse @ this junction. My hubby try to get his uk lawyer involve in the case but the lawyer said we cant win the case even when applying for the spousal visa since i have a ban base on deception - that i filled single while i was married and didn't disclose i was pregnant when applying for the visit visa. said i will be refuse base on 320(7c) or something not sure . its quite confusing and dont know what to do .please house kindly assist .
I share the same opinion with the lawyer, s/he is being honest.
Though, spouse visa is not in the category of PRIVILEGE, but in the category of RIGHTS, and the onus is on the applicant to satisfy the visa officer of the genuineness and the sustainability of his/her marriage, and the visa officer reserves every right to approve or deny anyone the eligibility on the ground of inconsistencies and suspicions.
What you have done is a serious offence (if not a crime) by applying for a visa using deception. Now, you previously denied your marriage in order to be granted a visa, and now, you want to apply for another visa by affirming the very marriage that you denied. This alone (according to the judgement of the Visa Officer) is a proof that even if you are legally married, your marriage is not one that is credible nor is it sustained: and i think the ban will not be lifted.

By the way, i am yet to see anyone who had been banned for using deception during a tourist visa application and eventually got a spouse visa after marriage, i am not saying it is impossible, but i am yet to see anyone with such success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
wao that is serious even when a child is involve .it was not intentional . i had the ban after the marriage, Is the child not a prove that we are married and the relationship still exist?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
i tot the only way out of a ban is the spousal visa ,and beside its a visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
demifunke: wao that is serious even when a child is involve .it was not intentional . i had the ban after the marriage, Is the child not a prove that we are married and the relationship still exist?
Yes, the child is a proof that there was intimacy involved in the relationship, but it doesn't represent a proof of credibility or sustainability: know that Visa Officers are aware of immigrants using pregnancy and kids as a device to obtain leave to remain (even if this may not be your case).
Like i said earlier, it is not impossible to get over this, but it is going to be an uphill and time-consuming battle to prove the credibility of your marriage, and it must be a spouse visa that might help you at the long run even as i maintain that i have not seen any one who got success after a ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
Yes, the child is a proof that there was intimacy involved in the relationship, but it doesn't represent a proof of credibility or sustainability: know that Visa Officers are aware of immigrants using pregnancy and kids as a device to obtain leave to remain (even if this may not be your case).
Like i said earlier, it is not impossible to get over this, but it is going to be an uphill and time-consuming battle to prove the credibility of your marriage, and it must be a spouse visa that might help you at the long run even as i maintain that i have not seen any one who got success after a ban

I totally understand where you are coming from, not stating that she was married in her application was a serious mistake and the ECO banned her which is not out of place.

If she can prove the legitimate of her marriage, proof of communication between her and her husband, met the financial requirement and come clean about her previous immigration offense(s) then she has a good chance of getting a visa, even 'if' the ECO refused her because of the previous offense...she will get right of appeal and its a winnable case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by demifunke: 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
thanks so much @justwise and vicjustice,am very grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Signal81telecom: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
If you are applying for a short term (like 3 or 6 months) tourist/visit (single entry) visa, you can not apply for it with a passport that is that close to expiration, but if you are applying for a long term visa with multiple entry, there would be no problem if your passport is close to its expiry date: A valid visa in an expired passport is allowed to be used.
The reason is, with a short term visa on a passport that is expiring, (for example, a 6 months visa in a passport with 5 months left) there is a high suspicion that the applicant does not intend to return to Nigeria

Thank you boss. At this juncture, what should i do? Apply for another passport? Wait for another 5 months until my current passport?expires? Sincerely.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jugzy: 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ Just wise, my 6 months old has been issued a 6 months visa. She was issued the visa today, but her name was wrongly spelt. We have taken the passport to BHC in Walter carrington. Do u have an idea of how long it takes? The security guards could not give us a definite time. I gather they will send a message to BHC Abuja who give BhC lagos the authority to re-issue the Visa. Pls advise. Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dintexventures2(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
pls house,i want to also go for a short vacation in london.im married with 4 kids.i am an engr and earns above 250k per month.my wife earns upto 180k per month.i want to spend 7 days only.the company where i work does not give us tax clearance certificate.They deduct from our salary.What documents should i get ready to submit for the u.k visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
jugzy: @ Just wise, my 6 months old has been issued a 6 months visa. She was issued the visa today, but her name was wrongly spelt. We have taken the passport to BHC in Walter carrington. Do u have an idea of how long it takes? The security guards could not give us a definite time. I gather they will send a message to BHC Abuja who give BhC lagos the authority to re-issue the Visa. Pls advise. Tnx

That will not take long, it all depend on how fast the passport gets to them, shouldn't take longer than a week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
justwise:

I totally understand where you are coming from, not stating that she was married in her application was a serious mistake and the ECO banned her which is not out of place.

If she can prove the legitimate of her marriage, proof of communication between her and her husband, met the financial requirement and come clean about her previous immigration offense(s) then she has a good chance of getting a visa, even 'if' the ECO refused her because of the previous offense...she will get right of appeal and its a winnable case.
Appeal, that is the only avenue where she would be given the opportunity to plead her case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
Appeal, that is the only avenue where she would be given the opportunity to plead her case

Which is fair, though it takes time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hasszan(m): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hello Vicjusttice and Justwise
I made an enquiry here sometime ago but seems the post has been hidden and cant find it for reference.
I applied for 6mths visa in sept 2012 and was refused cos i didnt show evidence of income generated frm my business: i didnt include my personal and company tax certificates...they werent available then.

I applied again in March and was just refused last week. my company was formerly sole proprietorship, and was incorporated in july 2012 as a ltd coy, and i obtained the coy tax certificate in Nov of same year, and it showed NIL, cos the company was less than 6 mths as a ltd liability. my personal income tax however shows a total assessable income of 1.05m, meaning i earn i earn only 83k/month, where as i said i earn 200k/month(which is true).

The reasons for refusal are:
1. I didnt show any travel itinerary: (Not true, i included tour bookings including across-london bus rides, and other tour details)
2. My coy Tax certificate shows NIL(i already explained this to them in my personal letter that the company is less than 6mths as a LTD coy, hence no payments)
3. My personal Tax shows 83k/month and not 200k.(This is actually from the IR office: when i went to obtain my tax certificate, i was asked:what do you need it for? and i told them for embassy, and they said its a flat fee of so-so amount, which i paid and it was issued, didnt know that it would show a total assessable income, and i didnt know it mattered.

I am really confused and very troubled. I talked to a lawfirm today, and they said they'll do a review for me at 30k or so and submit within next two days.

Please sirs, i need your expert opinions before i go ahead. Please i'll really appreciate your expedited help.
Appreciate so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
@ just wise, good afternoon,
Please I send you a mail at your hotmail I'd.
Please check.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Oga justwise, I have responded ooooh

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.