Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (996120 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by d2ddayo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
hi forum, though ve always shied away from this uk visa thread, but i thnk its best i just ask n know! i want to know if it is advisable for me to apply for a uk visa after i was denied an irish visa 2yrs ago? my story originated thus: i ve been travelling to ireland for like 5 times in 5years alongside germany and france and ve never over stayed or bridged any immigration laws except for my last application which i was refused with the major reason of "DECEIT". Was told that i didnt disclose that my father resides in ireland.... after then, i just didnt bother appealing or anything, instead i went to france emb, applied and was given like wise italian embassy went and returned as i have always done. now i am thinking of applying for a uk visa for a visit visa and maybe later this year, i might apply for ireland again as i was advised by the consular,that i will apply afresh if ever i want to and state my reasons and defend my self. please house what is your advice to my application to uk embassy, do they check in for each other or what? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fourfunmi: 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
@justwise ,dis mata tire me.fill the form online hw,send it to who,there is a signature page how do i sign that?am just confuse.is there an online form to be filled?u mean i should print out the form filled online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
naiko: @justwise ,dis mata tire me.fill the form online hw,send it to who,there is a signature page how do i sign that?am just confuse.is there an online form to be filled?u mean i should print out the form filled online?

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx. Fill the form online, print it out and sign before submitting it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
fourfunmi: Hi justwise and all... You guys are doing a wonderful job here...I stumbled on dis page today in my quest of search for answers.today,I was refused a uk tourist visa and i need to knw what my chances are and how soon I can reapply bcz I plan to asap!
I am a marketing executive of my coy and recently won a fat contract for the coy and in return the coy agreed to sponsor my trip to the uk all expensed paid.
I submitted all neccessary supporting doc bt the eco said he/she isn't satisfied...said the coy bank statement is overdrawn(the coy doesn't save cash bcz we import goods and invest d cash)to cut the long story short...my boss is thinking of drafting anoda letter as a gurantee I'll be bak bcz I av a pending commision on the contract worth millions...pls I dnt knw what to do bcz a second denial will be disasterous and I dnt want to miss this golden opportunity!lest I forget my sal is N29700 after tax without adding commission of 3% of my sales

What document (s) did you submit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
d2ddayo: hi forum, though ve always shied away from this uk visa thread, but i thnk its best i just ask n know! i want to know if it is advisable for me to apply for a uk visa after i was denied an irish visa 2yrs ago? my story originated thus: i ve been travelling to ireland for like 5 times in 5years alongside germany and france and ve never over stayed or bridged any immigration laws except for my last application which i was refused with the major reason of "DECEIT". Was told that i didnt disclose that my father resides in ireland.... after then, i just didnt bother appealing or anything, instead i went to france emb, applied and was given like wise italian embassy went and returned as i have always done. now i am thinking of applying for a uk visa for a visit visa and maybe later this year, i might apply for ireland again as i was advised by the consular,that i will apply afresh if ever i want to and state my reasons and defend my self. please house what is your advice to my application to uk embassy, do they check in for each other or what? thanks

Apply and don't hold back the info about the refusal, if you met the condition then the refusal will not affect the outcome of the visa. Ireland and the UK shares immigration info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fourfunmi: 4:27am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2013
fourfunmi:

I submitted an introduction letter frm my coy stating my employment status and for how long I've been working aand their intention of funding the trip,another later of tax clearance certificate favour stating my tax is paid thru PAYE and the amount I pay
-Payslip from August
-coy statement of acc
-personal statement of acc
-tax certificate
-coy I.d card
-hotel booking for 10 days intended
-Birth certificate
-e-pass
Justwise, I'll like to add that no wrong info was give and the eco jst stated dt he/she wasn't satisfied cuz I dnt earn much and the coy acc is overdrawn bt the truth is dt the coy can actually fund it...my md wants to write them a stinker in d new application and wants to guaranty for me dt I'll be back.pls sir, I need to knw the ryt step
Thanks for the prompt answer,I can see you've been doing these for yrs...May God bless you.amen

If your coy account is overdrawn then they are not in the position financially to sponsor you, no matter how good your md letter is the ECO still want to see evidence of money in your coy's account to be able to fund the trip and still be able to run the coy in the Nigeria

I will be surprised if you are given a visa with this current situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:30am On Apr 20, 2013
fourfunmi: Hi justwise and all... You guys are doing a wonderful job here...I stumbled on dis page today in my quest of search for answers.today,I was refused a uk tourist visa and i need to knw what my chances are and how soon I can reapply bcz I plan to asap!
I am a marketing executive of my coy and recently won a fat contract for the coy and in return the coy agreed to sponsor my trip to the uk all expensed paid.
I submitted all neccessary supporting doc bt the eco said he/she isn't satisfied...said the coy bank statement is overdrawn(the coy doesn't save cash bcz we import goods and invest d cash)to cut the long story short...my boss is thinking of drafting anoda letter as a gurantee I'll be bak bcz I av a pending commision on the contract worth millions...pls I dnt knw what to do bcz a second denial will be disasterous and I dnt want to miss this golden opportunity!lest I forget my sal is N29700 after tax without adding commission of 3% of my sales
Your salary is twenty nine thousand seven hundred Naira, are you serious?
My friend, there are so many deficits standing out in your case and it will take a long note to narrate them, so I recommend that you read this article in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fourfunmi: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2013
fourfunmi:

Thank vicjustice....I have read the post,yes that's my official salary but I still get commissions on my sales,I wuld av waited till the completion of the ogun state contract I bagged but my md doesn't think its wise since my commission will be seen as a suspicious lump sum since its a vry large amount.
My dilemma is the coy can actually afford d trip,if I wait and reapply and my commissions start to roll in,won't it look fake? And also,isn't my big commission enough proof that I'll be back?
Thanks all...@justwise pls relate to this post

How much do you think your commission will be?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fourfunmi: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fourfunmi: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2013
justwise:

How much do you think your commission will be?
Such money wuld be a potential red flag!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
@ justwise, the page isnt opening.if i understand you clearly,am suppose to print out,sign,scan and submit or just fill online,can i pay at VFS office,do i still need 2 book an appointment at VFS?i just want 2 get all this clear before proceeding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
naiko: @ justwise, the page isnt opening.if i understand you clearly,am suppose to print out,sign,scan and submit?then print out the same form and take 2 VFS?i just want 2 get all this clear before proceeding

Why do you need to do all that? Fill the form online then print it out and sign and take it to VFS for submission.

Click on this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/?langname=UK%20English, at the right hand side under Do it online click on Applying for visa online, at the bottom of that page, tick the box where is says: I have read the above information and the relevant guidance notes then click on continue and follow the instruction to complete the form

justwise:

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx. Fill the form online, print it out and sign before submitting it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
@justwise,now i understand you clearly but one last question.can i use the normal application form that i will have to fill myself(not online o).cos i also printed one and filled with pen that way i will discontinue with the online form.many thanks,please advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
naiko: @justwise,now i understand you clearly but one last question.can i use the normal application form that i will have to fill myself(not online o).cos i also printed one and filled with pen that way i will discontinue with the online form.many thanks,please advise

There is a reason why it was changed from hand-filled form to online, maybe because of hand-writing issues. There is no point using hand-filled one when you are instructed to fill it online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by showstopa: 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2013
@
Just wise
Mbok answer me this one question. General visitor visa for my mum I believe is the right one as I'm not permanently settled here. Should she fill a form and take to abj or is an appointment needed. Also does she need to attach our pictures together n husband death certificate .

Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:05am On Apr 21, 2013
showstopa: @
Just wise
Mbok answer me this one question. General visitor visa for my mum I believe is the right one as I'm not permanently settled here. Should she fill a form and take to abj or is an appointment needed. Also does she need to attach our pictures together n husband death certificate .
Tanx
You said "one question" but I see three here, anyway, you're free to ask as many as wish.
1) There are always instructions on what to do after filling the application, follow the instructions.
2) Photographs are not necessary especially as this is a mother and son/daughter relationship, her passport and your birth certificate are sufficient.
3) Husband's death certificate is not required since the visit has got nothing to do with the husband's issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2013
I don't think you people are making things easier for Justwise, you bombard him with questions thus putting him under pressure to answer each and everyone (even by emails): How about making the questions open for anyone to answer?
You see his name at the top of the section as a moderator, that doesn't make him answerable to every question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dontgiveup1: 10:26am On Apr 21, 2013
Please, everybody in the house i will like to get an answer to this.I'm not sure if someone who was denied a visa as a tourist can apply for an Administrative review because i want to submit the review by Monday.Can anyone please help me with an answer please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TheEnforcer: 10:29am On Apr 21, 2013
Vicjustice: I don't think you people are making things easier for Justwise, you bombard him with questions thus putting him under pressure to answer each and everyone (even by emails): How about making the questions open for anyone to answer?
You see his name at the top of the section as a moderator, that doesn't make him answerable to every question.
Hi VicjusticeJuatwise and other ecperts in the house,I am a Senior Fed Civil servant who intends to visit the Uk later this year.I ve got no acquitance in the Uk,so maybe a hotel reservation will do.Now,i did visit the ukba site but I m still oblivious about the process.Now,how do I apply?What about the hotel reservation,how do I go about that as well?Sorry for the long post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
Vicjustice: I don't think you people are making things easier for Justwise, you bombard him with questions thus putting him under pressure to answer each and everyone (even by emails): How about making the questions open for anyone to answer?

True

Please those with successful application should also contribute

~Mr Justwise, better start charging £1 for every question cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
Dis Guy:

True

Please those with successful application should also contribute

~Mr Justwise, better start charging £1 for every question cheesy

lol...you will be looking after the money grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2013

True that.

Its only fair to keep things opened here for the sake of transparency
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 7:21am On Apr 22, 2013
The Enforcer: Hi VicjusticeJuatwise and other ecperts in the house,I am a Senior Fed Civil servant who intends to visit the Uk later this year.I ve got no acquitance in the Uk,so maybe a hotel reservation will do.Now,i did visit the ukba site but I m still oblivious about the process.Now,how do I apply?What about the hotel reservation,how do I go about that as well?Sorry for the long post
Go to uk website and download the general visa application form ,fill it and then print it out
Go to googled and search for hotels in your preferred city in uk,then book a room and print out the confirmation the hotel give to you
Then attach all other necessary documents you think might support your application positively,then you take all to vfs in Lagos or Abuja for submission.
Wish you all the best sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by showstopa: 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
You said "one question" but I see three here, anyway, you're free to ask as many as wish.
1) There are always instructions on what to do after filling the application, follow the instructions.
2) Photographs are not necessary especially as this is a mother and son/daughter relationship, her passport and your birth certificate are sufficient.
3) Husband's death certificate is not required since the visit has got nothing to do with the husband's issues.

@vicjustice, i knew you would say that,lol and thanks dude.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by femib26(m): 6:47am On Apr 23, 2013
hello, could someone advise me on this pls?
how long does an invitation letter from a British citizen remain valid for?
A friend has an invite from his cousin for his family since February, but due to his busy schedule, he has been unable to send in his application for uk visa.
Pls, advise, can he still use the invite?
Thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 6:51am On Apr 23, 2013
femib26: hello, could someone advise me on this pls?
A friend has an invite from his cousin for his family since February, but due to his busy schedule, he has been unable to send in his application for uk visa.
Thanks for your help.

YES He can use it,but I stand to be corrected by the gurus in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:58am On Apr 23, 2013
femib26: hello, could someone advise me on this pls?
A friend has an invite from his cousin for his family since February,but due to his busy schedule, he has been unable to send in his application for uk visa.
Thanks for your help.

What was the invitation for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by femib26(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2013
justwise:

What was the invitation for?
Holiday/family visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2013
femib26:
Holiday/family visit.

Then you can still use it

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.