Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982980 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adehiabhi: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2013
Hi all, funkybaby, justwise,Esulaalu, babyscot plsss, what r the requirements for passport collection? The slip I was given for my 5years old daughter's passport at BHC has "her" name on it. (1)What documents do I go with to pick it up and
(2) will I get the passport at the gate? Or I will have to go in?
Just to prepaRe and organise myself before hand.
(3) Will I need a photo-copy of my photo-identity or do they just need to look at it to confirm by sight?
(4) How long approximately will it normally take for collection? For planning.
Thanks for previous response. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2013
funkybaby:

@ justwise

i wont doubt her story. pre 2006 and up to early 2007, if i remember correctly, the whole VFS system was yet to kick off. applications were lodged directly at the high commission. even at the time VFS kicked off, it was rolled out in phases. some applications were sent through them while others directly to BHC. i do remember the era of 'drop box' applications

i think people had to call certain phone numbers to book appointments in advance.

corporate organisations, etc usually got priority slots. i remember back then that I had my own application submitted by the protocol department of the organisation where my dad worked. they handled everything. there was nothing like biometrics.
so i am assumming there would have been 'walk-in' emergency slots for visa applicants as at then.

so if babyscots's hubby walked into the BHC to request an emergency visa interview and he had all the right docs, they would have issued him the visa.

however, things are much different now. every application has to go through VFS.

@funkybaby,many thanks for your feedback,the important points you mentioned have been noted.God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2013
ESULAALU:

Hi Babyscot, if you dont mind me suggesting something. Whilst it would be worth a try for your husband to show up unannounced to at least explain the situation on ground, I would also advice you to see the possibility of it turning out to be a success as 50-50.

Reason is because his entrepreneur visa was refused and now trying to apply for re-entry or visiting visa as the case might be might and will of course raise eyebrows, the belief will be that he will not return back to Nigeria which is obviously very understandable because he does have family(a wife and child) in the UK already. I am very suprised he did not exercise his appeal rights when his entrepreneur visa was refused(except of course he wasnt given right of appeal which I want to assume you know the clause that applies to rights of appeals and no right of appeals).

On the other hand you would have realised that the first 3 or so paragraphs of your own application which you submitted,I want to assume you submitted the flr(o) would have been quite similar to those that have been refused because most family cases refused now have the basic cut and paste refusal reasons ( ''you have not spent X number of years in the UK, you have not lost ties with your home country, EX1, FM appendix or whatever it is called etc and they would have said you are not eligible and do not meet the criteria. Then would have summarised the main reason for your refusal in just a flimsy paragraph).

I would suggest you to please ensure you get a legal representative, dont make the mistake of trying to represent your self at the FTT. Am sure you have done your spade work on legal representation, you need to get someone who can argue and present your case well due to the nature of your case. Get as many evidences as possible, witness statements from friends and family, church,colleagues etc. The HO representative will either not show up or show up with the aim of running you up the wall, be calm and articulate. I wish you the best with that, now the point I have been trying to drive out so far is work hard and pray hard towards winning your appeal. When that is done and you have been granted, your husband can simply switch to dependant status which will in turn save you a bucketload of stress.

Take care

@ESULAALU, thanks a lot,for your contribution,I appreciate it so much....yes like u said,if he eventually turn up at the consulate unannounced,that its going to be a 50-50 success(I strongly agree with that)

Now concerning my own appeal here in the UK,yes part of my refusal was a general copy and paste decision. However I am the sole carer living with my brother with severe learning disability (a British citizen) one of the secretary of states decision in my refusal stated he (my brother) could be taken care of by the social services here in the UK ( well we all know you cannot take a person's right of choosing who he wants to care for him)

We have already sought for a legal representative all in preparation for Jan 3rd 2014, we also have loads of documents ie. Medical records,disability assessment,witness statements etc.God willing,everything will go well.....and just like you said I can now apply for my husband as a dependant on me to save us all this trauma. The reason why he didn't exercise his full right of appeal here,was based on the fact that both my refusal and his came in almost the same time, considering the financial involvement ie. getting a lawyer for both cases, we had to come to a decision that we face my own first while he returns to Nigeria pending when things pick up. Well by Gods grace it will all come and go. thanks a lot,God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 11:28am On Nov 02, 2013
babyscot:

@ESULAALU, thanks a lot,for your contribution,I appreciate it so much....yes like u said,if he eventually turn up at the consulate unannounced,that its going to be a 50-50 success(I strongly agree with that)

Now concerning my own appeal here in the UK,yes part of my refusal was a general copy and paste decision. However I am the sole carer living with my brother with severe learning disability (a British citizen) one of the secretary of states decision in my refusal stated he (my brother) could be taken care of by the social services here in the UK ( well we all know you cannot take a person's right of choosing who he wants to care for him)

We have already sought for a legal representative all in preparation for Jan 3rd 2014, we also have loads of documents ie. Medical records,disability assessment,witness statements etc.God willing,everything will go well.....and just like you said I can now apply for my husband as a dependant on me to save us all this trauma. The reason why he didn't exercise his full right of appeal here,was based on the fact that both my refusal and his came in almost the same time, considering the financial involvement ie. getting a lawyer for both cases, we had to come to a decision that we face my own first while he returns to Nigeria pending when things pick up. Well by Gods grace it will all come and go. thanks a lot,God bless

@ESULAALU, please I forgot to add, let's assume he goes to the consulate(no harm in trying), will he need to fill up a new form, or just go since he's appealing their decision, hes still under the 28 days appeal right period. Please your response will be highly appreciated,thankyou once small.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
babyscot:

I can imagine how it must have felt getting refusals at the same time. I know there are quite a couple of pro bono lawyers who would have been able to assist and that would have saved you the stress of worrying about money at least for some time. Good thing you are on a good path already and I wish you the very best by God's grace. I don't know if it would be possible but if it is your brother's contribution perhaps in writing or even appearing in court would have a massive impact as well. Even they know social services would not be able to provide round the clock care a constantly present family member would be able to offer so don't mind them. God be with you and all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
babyscot:

@ESULAALU, please I forgot to add, let's assume he goes to the consulate(no harm in trying), will he need to fill up a new form, or just go since he's appealing their decision, hes still under the 28 days appeal right period. Please your response will be highly appreciated,thankyou once small.

To be honest, this is something I wouldn't be able to answer and I sincerely apologise but it only because I have no clue. His appearance at the consulate would be regarded as something informal as he would not be following the standard procedure by simply turning up bearing in mind he does have the limited right of appeal and exercising the appeal right would have been the standard procedure(hope you get my drift). I would perhaps see what funkybaby or just wise have to say in this case. Sincere apologies once more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
ESULAALU:

To be honest, this is something I wouldn't be able to answer and I sincerely apologise but it only because I have no clue. His appearance at the consulate would be regarded as something informal as he would not be following the standard procedure by simply turning up bearing in mind he does have the limited right of appeal and exercising the appeal right would have been the standard procedure(hope you get my drift). I would perhaps see what funkybaby or just wise have to say in this case. Sincere apologies once more.

I am surpried that you still procede with this.
Justwise and others have pointed out many, many times that "limited right of appeal" means NO RIGHT!
It is UKBA way of saying no chance of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
ESULAALU:

I can imagine how it must have felt getting refusals at the same time. I know there are quite a couple of pro bono lawyers who would have been able to assist and that would have saved you the stress of worrying about money at least for some time. Good thing you are on a good path already and I wish you the very best by God's grace. I don't know if it would be possible but if it is your brother's contribution perhaps in writing or even appearing in court would have a massive impact as well. Even they know social services would not be able to provide round the clock care a constantly present family member would be able to offer so don't mind them. God be with you and all the best.

Many thanks for your sincere response, of course having the 2 refusals at the same time was so heart broken, but we ThankGod for the strength he gave us to keep pushing on no matter what, yes my brother is going to be with me in court. God bless u and yours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
ESULAALU:

Many thanks once small for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
worry 359:

Justwise and others have pointed out many, many times that "limited right of appeal" means NO RIGHT!

Proceed with what?? What does seeking different opinion mean to you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
worry 359:

When you get a job with the British high commission or you are lucky enough to get a job with the home office in UK then come back and talk to me.

If you paid the least notice you would have realised this was an on going discussion. Trying to prove smart now aren't you? LoL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
babyscot:

Many thanks once small for your response.

No worries at all,take care and al the best for the future. Success and favour is yours. God bless.

Funkybaby and Justwise, thanks for accommodating me and giving me the opportunity to rub minds on this forum.

Al the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babyscot: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
ESULAALU:

No worries at all,take care and al the best for the future. Success and favour is yours. God bless.

Funkybaby and Justwise, thanks for accommodating me and giving me the opportunity to rub minds on this forum.

Al the best.

Thanks a lot,God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adehiabhi: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
PlSsssssSsSsss it looks like I have beeen ignored ooo. Pls help

iHi all, funkybaby, justwise,Esulaalu, babyscot plsss, what r the requirements for passport collection? The slip I was given for my 5years old daughter's passport at BHC has "her" name on it. (1)What documents do I go with to pick it up and
(3) Will I need a photo-copy of my photo-identity or do they just need to look at it to confirm by sight?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by senatorromeo: 8:38am On Nov 04, 2013
Justwise, funkbabe and other HELP, HELP, hELP !!!!!!!!!!111

I have twice applied for a tourist uk visa but my applications were not granted. The first time was when I was working with my brothers as an assistant director, I submitted all documents but didnt include my payslip so my application was refused based on that in 2006, I applied in december 2011 and my application was refused again based on the fact that the cost of the trip is twice my monthly salary in which i earn 157,000 then and i had just 400k+ in my savings account ....lol. I have decided to apply for another tourist UK visa by december, I now run my own business which i started last year but just registered the business with the CAC last month under the business name(enterprises). however , I presently have a good account with the UBA with about 1.5mil balance although i use it for my business and personal funds too, I dont receive salary since i am the business owner and since its a new business i cant pay tax until after a year, Kindly enlighten me on how to get my UKvisa this time. or do i need to start payinf salary into my account funkybaby, justwise,Esulaalu, babyscot and others What do you think i should do so that I can get my visa this time .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2013
adehiabhi: PlSsssssSsSsss it looks like I have beeen ignored ooo. Pls help

iHi all, funkybaby, justwise,Esulaalu, babyscot plsss, what r the requirements for passport collection? The slip I was given for my 5years old daughter's passport at BHC has "her" name on it. (1)What documents do I go with to pick it up and

i am sure they have a help-line number.
why not give them a call and ask your questions. thats the only way you can get accurate answers to your questions.

i can only answer 2, 3 and 4. go with your original ID and maybe a photocpy of your daughter's birth certificate. you have to enter the premises to get your passport. the whole waiting time should not exceed 2 hours except they are attending to many people on the day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
pls if anyone know of this, pls advice me. I am a british citizen, my wife has previously been to uk to visit me and my son who is also british and my wife went back to nigeria to continue her study but now she has applied for visa to come on a visit to uk but she was denied two times the base they refused the last application was that they were unble to verify her letter from her university. The reason they have not be able to verfy this is because the ASUU strke in nigeria.the ECO said he/ she does not belive That my wife will be staying for the period she has stated. Howvere,my lawyer has taking the matter to court base on human right actle 8 of human right which state the right to family life and base on the fact that my wife has previously visit me and her son bfore and she return to nigeria to continue her studying is a enough proof she has no intention to stay in uk but only visit. Pls advice if i stand the chance of wining in court. I have plan to move to spain or italy to aply for eea famiy permit for my wife since there is a chance of irish refusing my wife vise becos she has be refuse two times by uk. Pls advice if the move to spain or italy will work out.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
nickson03: I am a british citizen.

since you are british and you reside in the UK, why cant your wife apply for spousal visa directly with the HO and have her join you in UK?

why do you have to recolate to ireland, spain or wherever?

nickson03: Howvere,my lawyer has taking the matter to court base on human right actle 8 of human right which state the right to family life and base on the fact that my wife has previously visit me and her son bfore and she return to nigeria to continue her studying is a enough proof she has no intention to stay in uk but only visit. Pls advice if i stand the chance of wining in court. I have plan to move to spain or italy to aply for eea famiy permit for my wife since there is a chance of irish refusing my wife vise becos she has be refuse two times by uk. Pls advice if the move to spain or italy will work out.

yeah, you stand a good chance in court.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
funkybaby:

since you are british and you reside in the UK, why cant your wife apply for spousal visa directly with the HO and have her join you in UK?

why do you have to recolate to ireland, spain or wherever?
The reason why am recolate to spain italy or ireland to reside is becos of the 18600 pound rule the anit british terrace may introdue. Ever if did not win the case in court i will have move to either of these countryso that i can live with my family permanently. You see why i need to move! Pls also advice which of these countries will favouur my on my wife eea family pernmit, spain, italy and ireland.

yeah, you stand a good chance in court.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funkybaby(f): 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
nickson03: The reason why am recolate to spain italy or ireland to reside is becos of the 18600 pound rule the anit british terrace may introdue. Ever if did not win the case in court i will have move to either of these countryso that i can live with my family permanently. You see why i need to move! Pls also advice which of these countries will favouur my on my wife eea family pernmit, spain, italy and ireland.

i understand your question better now

any EU country is fine. as long as you can get a job to sustain yourself and your family for at least three months.

i personally think ireland is better - it is an english speaking country. you can decide to relocate to Ireland and apply for your family from there.the fact that your wife has previously been refused visas will not affect her application. you are an EU citizen and you are exercising your right to family life. the only difference in applying from UK and other EU courntries is the £18,600 minimum salary band placed by UK's HO.

check this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195 you will find it helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ella2136(f): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
justwise: [/b] grin grin grin...hmmmm no i don't know...do you mind explaining?
just wise I will work and then add button power to pay very fast grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Oga Justwise, when did you start collecting button power, wetin do your keyboard o cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hi guys,i finally got my visa today to join my hubby as his dependent after two refusals to visit.It took only 8days guys.God has done it and m indeed grateful.I pray that God will do it for you too.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by royalsweetness(f): 6:05am On Nov 05, 2013
omabroowniee: Hi guys,i finally got my visa today to join my hubby as his dependent after two refusals to visit.It took only 8days guys. God has done it and m indeed grateful.I pray that God will do it for you too.
Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Guys i need your jelp.
we will be going for our annual vacation in the UK in december 2013.
me and my wife have valid 2 year Uk visas.
my children will however require renewals.
they are ages 10,8 and 5.
i have never used the online route in all my visa applications.
the UKBA and Visa4Us websites are not helpful.

questions-
do the kids have to fill forms individually.
i have already filled forms for the eldest and added all our names as accompanying her.
but it does not seem to suffice as a visa application.
what do we do?

kindly advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2013
ayobj: Guys i need your jelp.
we will be going for our annual vacation in the UK in december 2013.
me and my wife have valid 2 year Uk visas.
my children will however require renewals.
they are ages 10,8 and 5.
i have never used the online route in all my visa applications.
the UKBA and Visa4Us websites are not helpful.

questions.
do the kids have to fill forms individually.
i have already filled forms for the eldest and added all our names as accompanying her.
but it does not seem to suffice as a visa application.
what do we do?

kindly advise.
Yes, every individual is required to make an individual application even the babies. The names of the kids that you added in your personal application form does not mean that they don't need their own application form, in fact, their application forms will also contain your names
I don't know the problem that you're encountering in the online application, though I'm not ruling out the possibility of technical problem with the website, but I suspect that the error is from your side.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
omabroowniee: Hi guys,i finally got my visa today to join my hubby as his dependent after two refusals to visit.It took only 8days guys.God has done it and m indeed grateful.I pray that God will do it for you too.

congrats, hope you will be back here to assist others with your experience
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bosmanfaithy: 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Pls I nid urget reply. Am a National diploma graduate and hav an SSCE result(NECO credit all through). I study an environmental course here in Nigeria but I want 2 study computer related course in Turkey pls hbelp me wit wot and amount involve
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
bosmanfaithy: Pls I nid urget reply. Am a National diploma graduate and hav an SSCE result(NECO credit all through). I study an environmental course here in Nigeria but I want 2 study computer related course in Turkey pls hbelp me wit wot and amount involve

you might find this thread helpful

https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/122
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dis Guy: Oga Justwise, when did you start collecting button power, wetin do your keyboard o cheesy

hahahaha..let me look up the meaning of that word 'online', its not something i'm familiar with
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
ella2136: just wise I will work and then add button power to pay very fast grin

grin grin grin i think i need you to explain how that works grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Atlantis85(f): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hi, @ justwise, could you pls give me an email addy I can contact you on as I have a question or a couple of questions to ask of you and I would rather not ask on here. Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.