Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,234 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (987319 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks for the reply Sir, I got the answer for the first 2 question and it gave the same amount for the 2, but please I don't how to start by explaining to the ECO, will I just say my relative send them to me as gifts or what cos some of those money come from little help I help to some families like help them paint and do home cleaning but not always cos my main job is printing press and that is from Mon-Fri and it make almost all my time so I can't really say painting & cleaning is a 2nd job cos it is a free style thing nd it comes any time rarely but it pay make sense. And pls How much do you think is reasonable to be closing account after submission and hope 450,000 naira is not too much or small for a 2 wks trip to uk. Pls don't be angry if my question sound too simple or stupid just have to learn God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2014
spikes C:

probably. as of january, ikeja were processing tier 4 visas 2 to 6 working days.
lekki took more than 15 working days to process mine, which resulted to me being denied cos i applied late

Ooopsie! I can imagine how annoying it would have been for u. Remember how my own student visa application decision took 6 months after submitting at the VAC at Zenon house dat year. I saw Oba daily! Went to Walter carrying ton every month and got the usual "it's not yet out" response at the gate. Almost withdrew my application but den luckily I got it at the 6th month, and that's after my uni start date had elapsed by 5 months. Crazy! But I was thankful.

ifax:
I know abuja vfs staffs are rude. and they almost never give change ( the bank implant and the photocopier). Hopefully they'll sack vfs from operating abuja and ikeja as well undecided

If that be the case, I hope the really do. I hope it's not gonna be same staff different management cos it's gonna be the same #BS they'll give to customers. Annoyingly, the staff never think that their contracts can end sooner so they do anyhow, knowing that even if it ends, they move on to another job with "VFS visa attendant" written on their cvs. New employers will now suck in the garbage all in the name of "previous experience". Smh.

kofoshi:
I am struggling to send you an email. For some reason I can't receive email from Nairaland.
Dunno y dat is. Likewise I can't receive email from NL.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2014
michealangelo
It's good that money is going into your bank account.

Remember "keep it simple"
Show the total in your bank.
Show what you are paid in wages, (it would be good to have tax returns to back this up.)
Just state that " other income is from part time work"
As long as it is not huge sums there should be no problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2014
michealangelo: Thanks for the reply Sir, I got the answer for the first 2 question and it gave the same amount for the 2

michealangelo: Good morning people please can you help me out on this questions
What money is available to you for your trip.
What is the cost to you personally of your stayin the UK.

No answers to those two questions are not the same.

1st Q is asking about currency....naira, £, or $.

2nd Q is asking about the cost of the trip....how much will the trip cost you.

michealangelo: Thanks for the reply Sir, I got the answer for the first 2 question and it gave the same amount for the 2, but please I don't how to start by explaining to the ECO, will I just say my relative send them to me as gifts or what cos some of those money come from little help I help to some families like help them paint and do home cleaning but not always cos my main job is printing press and that is from Mon-Fri and it make almost all my time so I can't really say painting & cleaning is a 2nd job cos it is a free style thing nd it comes any time rarely but it pay make sense. And pls How much do you think is reasonable to be closing account after submission and hope 450,000 naira is not too much or small for a 2 wks trip to uk. Pls don't be angry if my question sound too simple or stupid just have to learn God bless.

That is better explanation than saying...'gift' from relative. That is what you need to explain in your form.

How much do you need to have in your account for the trip? Making budget of the trip will answer that question. You need to write down things you will be spending money on for the trip....flight ticket, accommodation, transport within London..etc, additional of all that will give you an idea of how much to have in your account. You have to remember that its a bad idea to spend more than 2months of your salary in 2 weeks leisure trip especially when you are not earning much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks very much Worry359, it is not that huge sum like 10k, 5k, 2k and it come maybe once in 2 weeks but in total of six month it will equally be a reasonable amount that why I am bothered, concerning my wages it will show on my statement of account all the transactions also I will get my pay slips, if I get my tax return will that cover for all the money in my account or should I say it alone will be okay for my application at the embassy cos on my pay slip it will show how much tax deducted and others expenses are broken down in my account. Or maybe I should go pay tax on the extra funds but if it doesn't matter all well. Pls I will be glad if you re not tired about replying me God bless. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 10:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Thank you for your messages and advice Justwise God bless you, now I know I have to explain in a little how the other money got in my account while my pay slip and bank statement will prove to the ECO my salary break down, actually I don't have much to do in the uk just to see my brother cos it as been long I saw him and he will provide accommodation and food, while I will buy my flight ticket myself and transportation around uk to few childhood friends and other relatives and maybe a chelsea match if there is chance cos I will not use up to the 2 wks cos of work here, so I believe all of this together inclusive flight ticket should not cost more than 250,000 naira but I am sure to have at least 750,000 as my closing balance after submission, but now that my salary is 150k and I don't know how much leave allowance will be add to this and if it will add a difference to the view of the ECO, I am not just sure if this is a reasonable amount to convince the ECO but this is just the truth. Thank you very much God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2014
blank:

Mine is over a month now. I just saw online where they said that VFS in Lekki has ceased to be the agency for UK. It is now one other company as from 1st of July.

Has anyone applied via the new company? What's the fate of those who applied through VFS? What's the new procedure?

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/vfsglobalintroduction.html

If i had known, I would have chosed ikeja. Cant believe its taking this long.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2014
michealangelo: Thank you for your messages and advice Justwise God bless you, now I know I have to explain in a little how the other money got in my account while my pay slip and bank statement will prove to the ECO my salary break down, actually I don't have much to do in the uk just to see my brother cos it as been long I saw him and he will provide accommodation and food, while I will buy my flight ticket myself and transportation around uk to few childhood friends and other relatives and maybe a chelsea match if there is chance cos I will not use up to the 2 wks cos of work here, so I believe all of this together inclusive flight ticket should not cost more than 250,000 naira but I am sure to have at least 750,000 as my closing balance after submission, but now that my salary is 150k and I don't know how much leave allowance will be add to this and[b] if it will add a difference to the view of the ECO, I am not just sure if this is a reasonable amount to convince the ECO but this is just the truth[/b]. Thank you very much God bless

Hmmm...bro did you actually read my last post to you? I explained to you how to solve the issue of the cost, you don't do guess work with it, you have to be specific with your figures because that is the only way the ECO will know if you can afford the trip or not.

You need to write down your cost for each item and attach this to your application package, ECOs know what those items cost....flight, transport within London or outside London etc... because its very easy to get them online within minutes. So using a guess work to under-estimate or over-estimate your cost will not help your application.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 11:22am On Jul 03, 2014
Got it now bigger bro Elenu God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2014
3sha4lyf: Teleperformance ltd is the new company that will manage visa applications at VACs in Naija from 1 July 2014. That means lekki office don close and a new VAC is opened at VI and ppl would be expected to register with them (Teleperformance) to book an appointment at VI after filing ur online application otherwise ur appointment may be delayed.

Better for them. Vfs may not have been offering good service to them or meeting the targets outlined in their contracts. Just saying.

The British High Commission said that the new office was located on Churchgate Tower 2, Plot PC31, Churchgate, Lekki. Does this mean that we will go to this adress to collect ours when its ready ? Who knows the route from vfs to this new adress ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
blank:

Mine is over a month now. I just saw online where they said that VFS in Lekki has ceased to be the agency for UK. It is now one other company as from 1st of July.

Has anyone applied via the new company? What's the fate of those who applied through VFS? What's the new procedure?

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/vfsglobalintroduction.html
is this your first appication, were you interviewd on video conference room, has your sponsor been contacted? These are the que? To answer to show the progress of your application. Though foirst time apopolicant take btw d nd 4 weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
newbie2014:

The British High Commission said that the new office was located on Churchgate Tower 2, Plot PC31, Churchgate, Lekki. Does this mean that we will go to this adress to collect ours when its ready ? Who knows the route from vfs to this new adress ?
bros we are in the same shoes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
curiobling: is this your first appication, were you interviewd on video conference room, has your sponsor been contacted? These are the que? To answer to show the progress of your application. Though foirst time apopolicant take btw d nd 4 weeks

Definitely not my first. The first one was ready in 3 days. No interview, nothing of that sort. I don't have a sponsor as i am sponsoring myself so no one has been contacted.

I am just frustrated. My family members who applied from Abj got theirs within a week. And ticket prices keep rising. I go just vex withdraw my application. angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
blank:

Definitely not my first. The first one was ready in 3 days. No interview, nothing of that sort. I don't have a sponsor as i am sponsoring myself so no one has been contacted.

I am just frustrated. My family members who applied from Abj got theirs within a week. And ticket prices keep rising. I go just vex withdraw my application. angry
What date of June did you apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
curiobling:

Do you work in VFS?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
blank:

This is my third time too and its not funny to me. its usually ready in 8 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
newbie2014:

This is my third time too and its not funny to me. its usually ready in 8 working days.
U can send a email to sheffield,as I sent them since last week,the reply I got today is that it hasn't being looked at,but definitely in a few days it would be looked at,I don't know why its taking so long as this isn't my first time,but my moms own is ready for collection today and we submitted on the same day mid may
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
blank:

Do you work in VFS?
No am not but knowledge is power....big up to my brother justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
newbie2014:

Why don't you exercise patience, you might have submitted some new documents that take time to verify
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
curiobling:
Why don't you exercise patience, you might have submitted some new documents that take time to verify

Thanks for your words and its a renewal for my long term visa. it shldnt take long at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
curiobling:
Superfast way to follow up your application https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/new-international-enquiry-service-to-help-uk-visa-applicants--2
Hope it helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
U can send a email to sheffield,as I sent them since last week,the reply I got today is that it hasn't being looked at,but definitely in a few days it would be looked at,I don't know why its taking so long as this isn't my first time,but my moms own is ready for collection today and we submitted on the same day mid may
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
kunbizzle: U can send a email to sheffield,as I sent them since last week,the reply I got today is that it hasn't being looked at,but definitely in a few days it would be looked at,I don't know why its taking so long as this isn't my first time,but my moms own is ready for collection today and we submitted on the same day mid may
Kindly share your mum collection result ok...thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
curiobling:
Kindly share your mum collection result ok...thx
She's going to collect it tomorrow,as we were there this morning,and the vfs guy said he hasn't sorted it out yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
kunbizzle:
She's going to collect it tomorrow,as we were there this morning,and the vfs guy said he hasn't sorted it out yet.
Sorry which of the VAC did u submit? Lekki right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
curiobling:
Sorry which of the VAC did u submit? Lekki right?
Yes lekki

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Good evening house
Am new here and I really need a guideline to apply for a UK family visa. My passport remain 5month to expire and I was sent an invitation letter from my cousin in Uk on this passport number. I just went ahead to renew my passport and I have it now while I cancel the formal one...Question 1: Will I submit the two passport when applying?
How will I start to apply..Is it online or printout form to fill?
Am self employed, how will I fill that on the finace and employment question..Since am going to be accomodated by my cousin with the feeding. Pls someone should guide me...its my first time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Samy UI Student: Pls someone should guide me...its my first time.
Even if self employed you will need to show where money in your bank is coming from. Tax certificate would be good if you have them.

You must work on your ties to home.
These show visa officer that you will return.
Do you have property, family or children?
Also read back through this thread and make notes. Everything that you need is here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanx very much, I will try and read back this thread...Am still single, no child yet. What about the passport question
worry 359:
Even if self employed you will need to show where money in your bank is coming from. Tax certificate would be good if you have them.

You must work on your ties to home.
These show visa officer that you will return.
Do you have property, family or children?
Also read back through this thread and make notes. Everything that you need is here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Samy UI Student: Thanx very much, I will try and read back this thread...Am still single, no child yet. What about the passport question

Submit both passports with your application... While filling your form online , you'll b asked info bou any previous passport. Now u can't say you had one before n u don't submit it as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lalla89: 6:20am On Jul 04, 2014
hello justwise i want apply to a university in uk i have a hnd in business admin with lower credit i want know the right university that is cheap for me to apply and is it possible to get a masters direct with my hnd or is only undergraduate i can apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:33am On Jul 04, 2014
lalla89: hello justwise i want apply to a university in uk i have a hnd in business admin with lower credit i want know the right university that is cheap for me to apply and is it possible to get a masters direct with my hnd or is only undergraduate i can apply.

It will be very very difficult for any school to admit you straight to masters with lower HND grade. You can try 3rd year undergraduate

When you said cheap university....how much will you consider cheap?

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.