Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,956 members, 7,863,397 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (987328 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
Kimsunh: justwise can you pls help on this? Vicjustice has never been a problem solver but a critic. God is watching you

Really? He has not been a problem solver because he asked you a question? Oh well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
LadyWolfe:

UPDATE:

Hubby and I re-applied on the 15th of August, one week after our previous denial and just got our visas.

we used the same travel datesa dnd ocuments. Only difference was the seperate document explaining monies in our accounts and ties to home country.

Thanks Justwise & 3sha4lyf for the encouragement to re-apply.

Congratulations. Glad it worked out for you. smiley. ***singing Aaliyah's "Try Again" ***
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by litadeh(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2014
Please can anyone help me?

I have applied for uk visa and have submitted my biometric data and my documents already. Interview was waived.
The problem now is this:
I am a sponsored student (sponaored by a govt agency) but I applied for a Tier 4 General Student visa ibstead of a Tier 4 Sponsored Student visa.
Although I also included my sponsorship letter and a letter of introduction to the embassy from my sponsor.
I dont know what to do now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abaskekere: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2014
@3sha4lyf, JWise and VicJ...pls my mom's e passport expires in May next year, she has been to the UK severally, and she wants to apply for 2years visit visa now, please can she do this or it must be done on a new passport with longer validity, pls your advices, thanks all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2014
litadeh: Please can anyone help me?

I have applied for uk visa and have submitted my biometric data and my documents already. Interview was waived.
The problem now is this:
I am a sponsored student (sponaored by a govt agency) but I applied for a Tier 4 General Student visa ibstead of a Tier 4 Sponsored Student visa.
Although I also included my sponsorship letter and a letter of introduction to the embassy from my sponsor.
I dont know what to do now.

If you met all requirements that mistake may be over looked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2014
abaskekere: @3sha4lyf, JWise and VicJ...pls my mom's e passport expires in May next year, she has been to the UK severally, and she wants to apply for 2years visit visa now, please can she do this or it must be done on a new passport with longer validity, pls your advices, thanks all.

If she can get a new passport fine but if that is not possible she can still use her current passport, it will not affect the validation of the visa if renewed later
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:35am On Sep 17, 2014
abaskekere: @3sha4lyf, JWise and VicJ...pls my mom's e passport expires in May next year, she has been to the UK severally, and she wants to apply for 2years visit visa now, please can she do this or it must be done on a new passport with longer validity, pls your advices, thanks all.
She can use the passport to apply even for a 10 years visa provided the validity date is more than 6 months. A valid visa in an expired passport is usable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2014
justwise:

This is the thread you need for preparation https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
Tnxx justwise.buh i couldnt find a case hs mine on that thread. can you please help out by telling me how to go about it..like what my hubby and i need to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hopetee: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2014
hi every one. can some one help me here, is urgent. i was refused entry clearance by the UK embersy reasons that
1 that i did not attach enough document to prove the source of fund in my account and that credits into my account do not commiserate with my sated monthly income and that he(ECO) is not convinced that the letter of employment i provided is my only job or occupation.
2 that i said i was going to spend 1500 pounds during my 3 weeks visit that the amount stated is 13 times bigger than my stated monthly income of 30,000
3 that i did not provide any evidence of document in the name of my cousin sister to show we are related that he(ECO) is aware that the documents in the name of other person is readily available here in nigeria.
4 that i do not have any asset and dependent relative in nigeria to show that i have enough ties in nigeria.
in my application i have sated that i earn 30.000 which same amount is writing in my employment letter though i have a palm plantation of 200 heads of full grown palm trees but i did not include the property deed in my application and i earn 55k from the farm monthly but the money do not redealy come to me due to the nature of the business as some customers delay in payment for the goods. i have 1.2m in my account statement though i inherited most of that money from my late father as death benefit which sated in my application and i provided a letter of administration stating me and my mum as administrators.( mother and son) but i did not provide death certificate of my late father.
i want to know if i can re apply. if yes can i change 1500 pounds to some thing smaller like 800gbp in my next application? again can i add my farm as my second business and provide the deed of conveyance which i used to buy the farm land in 2012. can i also add affidatvit as to next of kin to support my clain for the source of the money. please some should help me here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2014
hopetee: hi every one. can some one help me here, is urgent. i was refused entry clearance by the UK embersy reasons that
1 that i did not attach enough document to prove the source of fund in my account and that credits into my account do not commiserate with my sated monthly income and that he(ECO) is not convinced that the letter of employment i provided is my only job or occupation.
2 that i said i was going to spend 1500 pounds during my 3 weeks visit that the amount stated is 13 times bigger than my stated monthly income of 30,000
3 that i did not provide any evidence of document in the name of my cousin sister to show we are related that he(ECO) is aware that the documents in the name of other person is readily available here in nigeria.
4 that i do not have any asset and dependent relative in nigeria to show that i have enough ties in nigeria.
in my application i have sated that i earn 30.000 which same amount is writing in my employment letter though i have a palm plantation of 200 heads of full grown palm trees but i did not include the property deed in my application and i earn 55k from the farm monthly but the money do not redealy come to me due to the nature of the business as some customers delay in payment for the goods. i have 1.2m in my account statement though i inherited most of that money from my late father as death benefit which sated in my application and i provided a letter of administration stating me and my mum as administrators.( mother and son) but i did not provide death certificate of my late father.
i want to know if i can re apply. if yes can i change 1500 pounds to some thing smaller like 800gbp in my next application? again can i add my farm as my second business and provide the deed of conveyance which i used to buy the farm land in 2012. can i also add affidatvit as to next of kin to support my clain for the source of the money. please some should help me here.
You officially earn N30k, and you want to visit the UK as a tourist?
Anyway, you have been banned for 10 years for the reason given in point number 3.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2014
NuNu08: Tnxx justwise.buh i couldnt find a case hs mine on that thread. can you please help out by telling me how to go about it..like what my hubby and i need to do

List documents you have already then I will tell you what is missing on the list.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abaskekere: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
justwise:
If she can get a new passport fine but if that is not possible she can still use her current passport, it will not affect the validation of the visa if renewed later

thanks a lot JW and VicJ, God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
NuNu08: Certificate of business,,Statement of Acc,,birth Certificate of our baby,,marriage certificate,,Tax,, Utility bills,
justwise:

List documents you have already then I will tell you what is missing on the list.
Certificate of business,,Statement of Acc,,birth Certificate of our baby,,marriage certificate,,Tax,, Utility bills, pics,,cal info,,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
NuNu08: Certificate of business,,Statement of Acc,,birth Certificate of our baby,,marriage certificate,,Tax,, Utility bills, pics,,cal info,,

Does your hubby earn up to £18600 a year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
hopetee: hi every one. can some one help me here, is urgent. i was refused entry clearance by the UK embersy reasons that

Hey, you may need to address the issues raised in your refusal letter before you attempt a reapplication or you'll waste ur funds and get another refusal. Reason 1, they were right, you've admitted u didn't include ur palm reaping. Be sure to state the habits of your income eg. How often the monies come in, what range etc. Also add supporting documents like receipts (I'm really not sure if you can pass with this or you have to show proof of its business registration but I'll imagine you can put this as your informal pet-project aside your job- pls don't quote me on this. Lol)
Reason 2. They are right and your budget was a bit unrealistic. Yes people spend way above their income on trips cos we know what goes on in Nigeria, especially this period, but then you have to be realistic even if you wanna spend billions you just received from a windfall of money. Cut ur budget if you really have the money and note to the ECO that you have saved towards this trip. Lol.
Reason 3. Can't fault that. Anyone can claim anything. So u may need to show correspondences eg without limitations, mails, SMS, chats, pictures etc. You can also ask your cousin sister COUSIN to attest to an affidavit of relationship! or you can do that. Dunno?!
Reason 4 you know what you have... Put them together and show proof that you got potent reasons to go back to Naija. smiley.

This is just my suggestions. HTH.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
My wife was refuse a visa and we when to court and the judge allow our appeal. Now my wife had be called to bring her passport to the british embasy in abuja for her visa. My question does any know how long for they to issue the visa or how long it take for the passport to be ready for collection?
Pls advice if you know because I want to buy the ticket for next week friday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
]My wife was refuse a visa and we when to court and the judge allow our appeal. Now my wife had be called to bring her passport to the british embasy in abuja for her visa. My question does any know how long for they to issue the visa or how long it take for the passport to be ready for collection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
justwise:

Does your hubby earn up to £18600 a year?
Yes he does!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
nickson03: My wife was refuse a visa and we when to court and the judge allow our appeal. Now my wife had be called to bring her passport to the british embasy in abuja for her visa. My question does any know how long for they to issue the visa or how long it take for the passport to be ready for collection?
Whether you know how long or you know for sure that a visa is guaranteed, it is very unwise to purchase air ticket before you have the visa in hand: A bird in hand worth than a million in the jungle.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your advise but I would have appreciate more if you know the question I asked and answer me and give your advise not skiping the question out. Simple question does any one the time for the passport will be ready for collection if embasy called you to bring your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:00am On Sep 18, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Hey, you may need to address the issues raised in your refusal letter before you attempt a reapplication or you'll waste ur funds and get another refusal. Reason 1, they were right, you've admitted u didn't include ur palm reaping. Be sure to state the habits of your income eg. How often the monies come in, what range etc. Also add supporting documents like receipts (I'm really not sure if you can pass with this or you have to show proof of its business registration but I'll imagine you can put this as your informal pet-project aside your job- pls don't quote me on this. Lol)
Reason 2. They are right and your budget was a bit unrealistic. Yes people spend way above their income on trips cos we know what goes on in Nigeria, especially this period, but then you have to be realistic even if you wanna spend billions you just received from a windfall of money. Cut ur budget if you really have the money and note to the ECO that you have saved towards this trip. Lol.
Reason 3. Can't fault that. Anyone can claim anything. So u may need to show correspondences eg without limitations, mails, SMS, chats, pictures etc. You can also ask your cousin sister COUSIN to attest to an affidavit of relationship! or you can do that. Dunno?!
Reason 4 you know what you have... Put them together and show proof that you got potent reasons to go back to Naija. smiley.

This is just my suggestions. HTH.
Do you really encourage him to connect the dots and reapply despite the fact that he officially earns N30k a month?
Also, you don't seem to understand his point #3 as you don't seem to be familiar with this particular expression "the documents in the name of other person is readily available here in nigeria". This expression (which is used by Visa Officers) means that the document in question is fake and that they are used to seeing similar ones in other people's name.
Except I am the one who is misunderstanding the issues, this, in my opinion, is a 10 years ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:31am On Sep 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
Do you really encourage him to connect the dots and reapply despite the fact that he officially earns N30k a month?
Also, you don't seem to understand his point #3 as you don't seem to be familiar with this particular expression "the documents in the name of other person is readily available here in nigeria". This expression (which is used by Visa Officers) means that the document in question is fake and that they are used to seeing similar ones in other people's name.
Except I am the one who is misunderstanding the issues, this, in my opinion, is a 10 years ban

Sorry VicJustice, that clause " the documents in the name of other person is readily available here in nigeria " doesn't necessarily mean that the applicant submitted false documents. It may mean, and in this case, that the documents provided are not sufficient enough to convince the ECO of a genuine relationship between the applicant and his claimed cousin because, like they clearly state, documents are easily ready from any source in Nigeria.
They sometimes give this kind or "...documents readily available in Nigeria..." Kinda reason to, for example some students who've been refused because they submitted photocopy of their credentials rather than originals. They were not banned, they simply needed to submit sufficient documents ie original copy.

As per 30k-salary-fit-for-travel, well, I made that suggestion based on applicants claims that (s)he as another source of income cum business asides employment. And don't forget that applicant claims to also have apprx. 1.2NGN sitting somewhere in done bank.

Also, like I started my suggestion, applicant may need to address all the issues raised on the refusal letter before reapplying. So that means that If they had a problem with applicant's remuneration, then applicant will have to consider that and reapply when circumstances changes.

HTH

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2014
NuNu08: Yes he does!

I need to add that with one child the amount is £22,400

You need to add proof of accommodation e.g mortgage or tenancy agreement paper.

Does he send money to you in Nigeria? Has he visited you? How do you communicate? ( phone calls, Facebook, whatsapp etc)

Family pictures, wedding pictures etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Hello Justwise and other gurus,i got an email yesterday morning from the British high commission in Lagos with the following message "your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. We aim to return passports to the visa application centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days". I just checked VFS' tracking portal but it is still showing "your application has been forwarded to the british high commission for processsing". Do i wait for the alert to come in(or the status on their tracking portal to change) or should i just go at the end of 2 working days(that would be tomorrow). Kindly advice as usual. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:05am On Sep 18, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Sorry VicJustice, that clause " the documents in the name of other person is readily available here in nigeria " doesn't necessarily mean that the applicant submitted false documents. It may mean, and in this case, that the documents provided are not sufficient enough to convince the ECO of a genuine relationship between the applicant and his claimed cousin because, like they clearly state, documents are easily ready from any source in Nigeria.
They sometimes give this kind or "...documents readily available in Nigeria..." Kinda reason to, for example some students who've been refused because they submitted photocopy of their credentials rather than originals. They were not banned, they simply needed to submit sufficient documents ie original copy.
I have personally seen many occasions in which the particular expression was used, and all of them are regarding the presentation of fake documents that are readily available even at the eembassy's gate. If only Hopetee (the complainant) would provide the exact context in which the phrase was made, that would have answered the question.

3sha4lyf:
As per 30k-salary-fit-for-travel, well, I made that suggestion based on applicants claims that (s)he as another source of income cum business asides employment. And don't forget that applicant claims to also have apprx. 1.2NGN sitting somewhere in done bank.
Also, like I started my suggestion, applicant may need to address all the issues raised on the refusal letter before reapplying. So that means that If they had a problem with applicant's remuneration, then applicant will have to consider that and reapply when circumstances changes.www was
HTH
Well, the amount of money that he has is not what satisfies the Visa Officers, buy the sources of income and the method of earnings are what they are interested in... And as we can see from the obvious, his official earning is just N30k, and his other sources of income are undocumented and unregistered: and even with a suggestion that he registers his business, it will still take a whole (taxation) year for the business to meet the requirement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2014
Justwise and VicJustice......still waiting for your responses. Merci
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2014
justwise:

I need to add that with one child the amount is £22,400

You need to add proof of accommodation e.g mortgage or tenancy agreement paper.

Does he send money to you in Nigeria? Has he visited you? How do you communicate? ( phone calls, Facebook, whatsapp etc)

Family pictures, wedding pictures etc
kk. we have tenancy papers, Yes he does send money to me..He comes home evry 3months,,he calz almost evryday and we chat on Bbm n Skype...we have our wedding pics and Naming ceremony. and he has a Business in Nigeria er that am managing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2014
AceMiss: [color=#000099][/color]
Hello Justwise and other gurus,i got an email yesterday morning from the British high commission in Lagos with the following message "your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. We aim to return passports to the visa application centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days". I just checked VFS' tracking portal but it is still showing "your application has been forwarded to the british high commission for processsing". Do i wait for the alert to come in(or the status on their tracking portal to change) or should i just go at the end of 2 working days(that would be tomorrow). Kindly advice as usual. Thank you
AceMiss: Justwise and VicJustice......still waiting for your responses. Merci
So, you require Justwise or a "guru" to interpret the text for you in other to understand the English?

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Justwise will NEVER give a response like that. Just because we ask for advice and opinions doesn't mean you should be rude in your responses. Always remember that nobody know it all,not even you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abaskekere: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2014
Vicjustice:

So, you require Justwise or a "guru" to interpret the text for you in other to understand the English?

You do a very good job here bro, but you need to understand that not everyone is as experienced in issues like this like you are, and some time anxiety sets in...Vic J u bash people with too many harsh words and discourage them as well, not so cool to be so strict. no offence meant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
I have personally seen many occasions in which the particular expression was used, and all of them are regarding the presentation of fake documents that are readily available even at the eembassy's gate. If only Hopetee (the complainant) would provide the exact context in which the phrase was made, that would have answered the question.

I think there's usually a "I'm [therefore] not satisfied the the documents submitted..." clause before the "easily available in Nigeria" clause, showing that the ECO has identified a fake document submitted.

In this case, I think they indicate an insufficient supply of documents submitted to prove the relationship as they can't make a judgement with, say just a letter from invitee that application is the cousin's sister since any one can claim so.

Vicjustice:
Well, the amount of money that he has is not what satisfies the Visa Officers, buy the sources of income and the method of earnings are what they are interested in... And as we can see from the obvious, his official earning is just N30k, and his other sources of income are undocumented and unregistered: and even with a suggestion that he registers his business, it will still take a whole (taxation) year for the business to meet the requirement.

Okies but he can reapply if his salary increases to 35K innit? Looollll.

@ poster, like I suggested, you would like to deal with the issues raised by the economy, which may mean waiting till your remuneration changes, before attempting to reapply.
HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:33am On Sep 18, 2014
AceMiss: Justwise will NEVER give a response like that. Just because we ask for advice and opinions doesn't mean you should be rude in your responses. Always remember that nobody know it all,not even you.
Well, I am not Justwise hence I ignored the irrelevant question when you first directed it to Justwise, and I only responded when you invited me into it.
I never said that I know it all, and I expect every one (including you) to know the meaning of that text: and yet, you chose to ask it because it is free to ask whatever irrelevant question: and to expect one to waste his time responding to such while there are more reasonable queries that need attentions

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.