Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (987099 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
passionup11: Hello guys,
I want to commend you gurus on the job u guys are doing here. Months ago I sought enquiries on whether a visa could be issued to me bearing in mind my circumstance then. I had been an over stayed in the UK my visa and had misrepresented facts when I reapplied and was denied 3 times. I had enquired whether with my situation, I would be given a visa under my circumstance. I was told by so many people that I had been banned for 10 years and I shouldn't even try to apply. Kindly note that I had served my 1 year ban as an overstayer. Some knowledgeable person said I will be throwing my money into the bin if I continue applying. I was distraught but I wasn't defeated when it comes to trying. I was nominated by my organisation for a course mid year in the UK.
I had to put in an application. Luckily , I was given a visa. Upon arrival at Heathrow, I was delayed for about 30 mins but was allowed to go in after clarifications/investigations inside their office. I went for my training and left. I learnt my lessons. what lessons did I learn? my viewpoint to situations like mine is that its not every misdemeanour that you commit that attracts 10 years ban. People must be able to assess their infractions and give an application a try. I learnt a lot here and I used the information I got from this forum to fill my form and state my situation in the space for additional information and explained in clear details every bit of my situation and I think that apart from God in situations like this, my explanation would have aided my application.

I can't remember the case you are referring to and the particular post, this is your first post here and this ID was registered about 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
New here. Unfortunately I received a visa denied. Maintenance funds the reason. Adding up the fees I need to show is twenty three thousand pounds and I have 28 thousand pounds. The problem was twenty two thousand pounds of my money was in treasury bills.

justwise was that wrong I want to make an appeal but appeal says I shouldn't attach any other information. I want to attach extra papers showing the treasury bill has been running for over a year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Anyi3: New here. Unfortunately I received a visa denied. Maintenance funds the reason. Adding up the fees I need to show is twenty three thousand pounds and I have 28 thousand pounds. The problem was twenty two thousand pounds of my money was in treasury bills.

justwise was that wrong I want to make an appeal but appeal says I shouldn't attach any other information. I want to attach extra papers showing the treasury bill has been running for over a year.

No you are not allowed to add supporting document, the ECM will only review the same document you submitted during your application and your review statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
larrymoore111: The amount is definitely more than enough, but the money is not the main thing that the visa officer is interested in, they rather like to look into the origin and how the fund was built up, they are also interested in what you do and how you plan your activities: just ensure that you meet the general requirements[/quote

I really appreciate your time n fast response on my question, am submitting my salary current account which can be link up to my payslip am ganna submit which all salary are paid........pls kindly look into this documents am proposing to tender,thanks.

Letter of vacation from company(showing when my leave starts and resumption date)
My personal introduction letter
Leave form(photocopy with me and original in company file)
6 month payslip
6 Month statement of account
Hotel reservation
Flight booking
List of places to visit
Employment letter
Documents of landed properties
Company I.D cards
Well, i assume that you are single, therefore, i think you are good to go as i do not see what is lacking.
For more details click on this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
justwise:

No you are not allowed to add supporting document, the ECM will only review the same document you submitted during your application and your review statement.

Thanks for responding. My actual question is "Are treasury bills accepted as a form of evidence of funds?"
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Anyi3:

Thanks for responding. My actual question is "Are treasury bills accepted as a form of evidence of funds?"
Thank you

What was the maturity date of the treasury bill?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hannyminal: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
Justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus, kindly assist with this please. Thanks
hannyminal: Hello, Nairalanders. Kind assistance required. My 62 year old retiree aunty wishes to renew her 5 year uk tourist visa by month-end and is unsure how her retiree status would affect her now. She wishes to attach the following supproting documents
1. Hotel booking in earls court, london
2. Marriage Affidavit, Husband's death certificate
3. Travel Insurance
4. Landed Properties/title deeds
5. List of Places to visit
6. Breakdown of Travel Expenses
7. 6 months bank statement (with about 1 million naira balance and its also the account where monthly pension goes into)
8. Pension certificate, pension statement
9. Retirement letter
Please would she need additional documents?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
hannyminal: Justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus, kindly assist with this please. Thanks

Is she visiting family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hannyminal: 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
No, Justwise> She has friends and distance relatives in other parts of the UK not London. She wants to visit only for long time no see. She retired in 2006 and has travelled to USA and UK numerous times since then but this is the first time she is renewing her UK since the 5years visit visa expired in 2010. She earns good pension from her former employeers and has properties and shops wher she earns rental income.
justwise:

Is she visiting family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
hannyminal: No, Justwise> She has friends and distance relatives in other parts of the UK not London. She wants to visit only for long time no see. She retired in 2006 and has travelled to USA and UK numerous times since then but this is the first time she is renewing her UK since the 5years visit visa expired in 2010. She earns good pension from her former employeers and has properties and shops wher she earns rental income.

Ok, her list is good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
justwise:

What was the maturity date of the treasury bill?

Exactly... Maturity date was 15th August. I applied for the visa 29th August. The day the certificate was printed was 16th July.
So I was thinking they would see it as money lodged in 16th July and kept till 15th August

Or was I wrong. I appreciate your input.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Anyi3:

Exactly... Maturity date was 15th August. I applied for the visa 29th August. The day the certificate was printed was 16th July.
So I was thinking they would see it as money lodged in 16th July and kept till 15th August

Or was I wrong. I appreciate your input.

That is the most important date, that is when the money is free for use.

You started counting the 28days too late and running short of time before sending in your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hannyminal: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thank you Justwise
justwise:

Ok, her list is good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deciphyr: 5:09am On Sep 23, 2014
Hello. I'm a Serbian residing in Cyprus which has been refused entry to the UK because of not showing strong ties to my country and not providing enough financial data. Ive sent my savings account booklet but they haven't even attempted to read it (it has 3000pounds). I'm a temporary resident of Cyprus although i was born here. The only thing i have under my name is a car and i will be supported by parents during my trip.
I'm currently unemployed, finished high school last year. What other documents can i send to be accepted this time? How can i prove my ties to Cyprus?
P.S i have already booked and payed for flights and accommodation because i found them cheap and the trip is going to last 4 days only
and i also have 2 Cypriot friends traveling with me, can they be used as any form of guarantee of my return to Cyprus?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2014
justwise:

That is the most important date, that is when the money is free for use.

You started counting the 28days too late and running short of time before sending in your application
I understand your point. However I plan on packaging a review, where I explain things. So please can I send an email or I have to mail physical papers? And do I just send the review documents or I should send my passport and all other credentials I used for earlier application?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2014
Anyi3:
I understand your point. However I plan on packaging a review, where I explain things. So please can I send an email or I have to mail physical papers? And do I just send the review documents or I should send my passport and all other credentials I used for earlier application?

Thanks

You can do both if you want but you are not allowed to send passport or any other credentials along with it, just the review form, if your review is successful you will be asked to submit your passport for visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2014
Deciphyr: Hello. I'm a Serbian residing in Cyprus which has been refused entry to the UK because of not showing strong ties to my country and not providing enough financial data. Ive sent my savings account booklet but they haven't even attempted to read it (it has 3000pounds). I'm a temporary resident of Cyprus although i was born here. The only thing i have under my name is a car and i will be supported by parents during my trip.
I'm currently unemployed, finished high school last year. What other documents can i send to be accepted this time? How can i prove my ties to Cyprus?
P.S i have already booked and payed for flights and accommodation because i found them cheap and the trip is going to last 4 days only
and i also have 2 Cypriot friends traveling with me, can they be used as any form of guarantee of my return to Cyprus?

What did you submit as source of the money in your account?

You may have to cancel your ticket and hotel booking for the main time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Has anyone booked an appointment recently? This is the response I got now when I tried booking.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2014
Na wa o. How do you guys make payment na? Someone should pls guide me. angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
I booked an appointment some days ago and it went. Maybe you just need to keep trying. Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
ace101: I booked an appointment some days ago and it went. Maybe you just need to keep trying. Cheers.
I have eventually booked an appointment. Now the problem is making payments. It keeps saying my payment is unsuccessful. Is there another option for payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
IyawoToBe: I have eventually booked an appointment. Now the problem is making payments. It keeps saying my payment is unsuccessful. Is there another option for payment?

I think the payment can only be done online. Maybe its network issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deciphyr: 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
justwise:

What did you submit as source of the money in your account?

You may have to cancel your ticket and hotel booking for the main time

For source of money i submitted a saving booklet under my name, the cover was in greek so he didnt even bother openning it.
Do i have stronger chances if i reapply with all the extra information above + my parent's bank accounts since im dependent on them
Thanks in advice smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Deciphyr:

For source of money i submitted a saving booklet under my name, the cover was in greek so he didnt even bother openning it.
Do i have stronger chances if i reapply with all the extra information above + my parent's bank accounts since im dependent on them
Thanks in advice smiley

Having money in your account is not good enough you still need to show how you earn that money. It will be a lot easier if you work or ow a business.

Your parents can sponsor you if you are under 18 years of age but as an adult it's going to be difficult.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
a friend wants to pay for UK visa application fee, however he is having issues with the online payment thing. he has been unable to make payment,the bank advised he gets a secure code for his mastercard, please for those who have paid, how and which bank card did you use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
awumen: a friend wants to pay for UK visa application fee, however he is having issues with the online payment thing. he has been unable to make payment,the bank advised he gets a secure code for his mastercard, please for those who have paid, how and which bank card did you use.
Same prob we are having. Been trying to pay with GTbank's card and it keeps saying unsuccessful payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
IyawoToBe: Same prob we are having. Been trying to pay with GTbank's card and it keeps saying unsuccessful payment.

You guys should be able to pay through payga.

When paying, you have the options to pay through mastercard, visa, payga etc. Just chose payga
Though they charge a little bit more
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2014
spikesC:

You guys should be able to pay through payga.

When paying, you have the options to pay through mastercard, visa, payga etc. Just chose payga
Though they charge a little bit more
lol. A 'little bit more' is how much pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2014
IyawoToBe: lol. A 'little bit more' is how much pls?

Depends on the exchange rate, but have a budget of around 96,000 for everything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
spikesC:

Depends on the exchange rate, but have a budget of around 96,000 for everything
That's much na. For an 82,000 something grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by larrymoore111: 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
pls house and gurus in the forum.......

should list of places to visit be in a seperate sheet/paper or i should include it in my personal letter of introduction,thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
IyawoToBe: That's much na. For an 82,000 something grin

That quote was around 4 months ago and a Tier-4 visa. That's why i told you it depends cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.