Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983916 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
1acre: I have a 6 month old visa, that will expire on the 3rd of July. I am presently in the UK, since the 5th of June. I told the border control that I will be here for ten days, but I think I will be here uptill a 2nd of July. Which is a day before the visa expires. My question, I hope there will be no form of trouble , that may arise at my exit or on renewal. Since I told them when I was coming in that I will be here for 10days, but then stayed up to a month.

Please I need a quick response, so that I will know what to do before the 10th day of my visit.

Please treat as urgent.

I don't think anybody can tell you exactly what will happen if you stayed more than 10days, you maybe asked on exit and may not, but if you don't have any serious reason to stay more than 10days then keep to the 10days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
1acre: I have a 6 month old visa, that will expire on the 3rd of July. I am presently in the UK, since the 5th of June. I told the border control that I will be here for ten days, but I think I will be here uptill a 2nd of July. Which is a day before the visa expires. My question, I hope there will be no form of trouble , that may arise at my exit or on renewal. Since I told them when I was coming in that I will be here for 10days, but then stayed up to a month.

Please I need a quick response, so that I will know what to defore th10th day of my visi
Please tret as urgent.
You are not conformed to the given number of days (that you entered during your visa application), that was merely a regulation to access, calculate and judge your preparedness and financial circumstances. And except there is a remark on the visa that says " duration of stay: 10 days" there would be no problem if you stay beyond the given date as long as you don't stay beyond the visa validity: Besides, the immigration officers departure are not going to observe the number of days that you wrote in your application form (that will require them to fetch out and go through you entire form); and such is not really practical unless there is a reason for it. Man, you are within legality and you're fine even if you plan to depart on the last day of your visa validity[i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 10, 2012
lolostic: Bro

you don't av to talk to me any how, If i can't pay for trip why apply to travel out of country, i'm not so poor, am not going to uk to stay but to visit and they have waste time which am intend to go there when they are calling i've some other thin doing,

To answer your question i've money to spend for this trip that why am asking people opinion do u understand

YOU BE CAPITAL M.U.M.U
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2012
I fear Ђδω vicjustice & justwise do! Ave askd S̴̩☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ many questions & gt noo advice 4rm dem...... cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2012
NuNu08: Gdday evry1.......i need urr advice onn what toooo dooo,,m self employd with a̶̲̥̅ certified certificate 4rm CAC of my provision store,gd Acc,& m gettin a̶̲̥̅n invitation letter 4rm my cousin i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ da UK...watt ® my chances & watt oda documnts D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ i need!

Apart from the IV from your cousin in the UK, what other documents is he sending you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hello Justwise am going to submit my application for a student visitor visa tomorrow thanks for all the advice Bless you I am certain I would have goodnews to share with you when next I write bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
oyejohn: Hello Justwise am going to submit my application for a student visitor visa tomorrow thanks for all the advice Bless you I am certain I would have goodnews to share with you when next I write bless you

I really wish you the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tiebe: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2012
Hallo, I've never applied for a visa as a tourist. a colleague of mine is doing so and would like to know what is required as 'itinenary'.
to apply for visa to uk as a tourist requires itinenary and proof of places to visit. How does he show that in the application? by simply listing places to visit or does one have to show bookings for these places along with hotel and flight booking?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2012
ti-ebe:
Hallo, I've never applied for a visa as a tourist. a colleague of mine is doing so and would like to know what is required as 'itinenary'.
to apply for visa to uk as a tourist requires itinenary and proof of places to visit. How does he show that in the application? by simply listing places to visit or does one have to show bookings for these places along with hotel and flight booking?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
[quote author=justwise]

Apart from the IV from your cousin in the UK, what other documents is he sending you? [/quot]hs send hs utility bill,,pasport page,mortgage,....watt oder doc d̶̲̥̅̊ø i need provide,,,will †ђξ Eco wana knw Ψђε̲̣̣̣̥®ε̲̣̣̣̥‎i make money 4rm??cus i wana sponsor moisef......& aℓℓ i gt hs ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ CAC certificate & a̶̲̥̅ sum of 1m+ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ Acc​
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
hs send hs utility bill,,pasport page,mortgage,....watt oder doc d̶̲̥̅̊ø i need provide,,,will †ђξ Eco wana knw Ψђε̲̣̣̣̥®ε̲̣̣̣̥‎i make money 4rm??cus i wana sponsor moisef......& aℓℓ i gt hs ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ CAC certificate & a̶̲̥̅ sum of 1m+ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ Acc​
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
NuNu08: hs send hs utility bill,,pasport page,mortgage,....watt oder doc d̶̲̥̅̊ø i need provide,,,will †ђξ Eco wana knw Ψђε̲̣̣̣̥®ε̲̣̣̣̥‎i make money 4rm??cus i wana sponsor moisef......& α̲̅ℓℓ i gt hs ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ CAC certificate & a̶̲̥̅ sum of 1m+ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ Acc​

Please can you re-type this with laptop or desktop? I,m struggling to read it because you probably typed it on your blackberry and minimise the use of text-speak.

Over use of text-speak put people off.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tiebe: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
thanks justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tiebe: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sorry. More questions. He has a good job and earns a lot. He wants to knw Hw he can prove he has ties to Nigeria. He's not married and Doesnt have children. Is It a Good idea to add land docs as proof of ties?

Me i think that's a bit too much. What say u?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
ti-ebe:
Sorry. More questions. He has a good job and earns a lot. He wants to knw Hw he can prove he has ties to Nigeria. He's not married and Doesnt have children. Is It a Good idea to add land docs as proof of ties?

Me i think that's a bit too much. What say u?

Yes, very important.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bobbyz1: 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hi Justwise and all the visa experts. Greetings! Would very much appreciate your input and recommendations. I first visited the UK in 2003 on a 6 months visa. Then 2 additional times on a 2 yr working holiday visa, which expired in 2006. I've not been to the UK since. From the beginning of this year, I've visited Germany twice on business. I have two further trips planned before December. I'm hoping to acquire a uk visa so I can pay some short visits to friends and family whilst residing in Germany on official duties. I have 3 questions;

1. Which visa should I go for? Is it ambitious going for a 2 yr visa since I've not been to the uk in

2. During my 1st Schengen application, I was refused but appealed and was granted. Had no issues with my second one. I'm positive i'll have a 2 mnth valid schengen during my visa application. Concerning the question which asks whether you have been refused a visa for any other country, do I respond with yes or no? Since the decision was overturned.

3. Finally I have 2 accounts; my active account with 700,000naira. My salary passes through this account. Then my dormant account which till 2 weeks ago had just 200,000. My brother repaid a loan to the tune of 1,000,000 so now this account has 1.2 mil. Wary of how suspicious the embassy operates, I plan not to include this account during my application. I'll be purchasing treasury bonds with this account . My query is will it help buttress my economic standing if i add this investment slip or will still ignite suspicion. During application I'll provide proof of this recent investment but not the bank account since it will seem ballooned.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Bobby_z: Hi Justwise and all the visa experts. Greetings! Would very much appreciate your input and recommendations. I first visited the UK in 2003 on a 6 months visa. Then 2 additional times on a 2 yr working holiday visa, which expired in 2006. I've not been to the UK since. From the beginning of this year, I've visited Germany twice on business. I have two further trips planned before December. I'm hoping to acquire a uk visa so I can pay some short visits to friends and family whilst residing in Germany on official duties. I have 3 questions;

1. Which visa should I go for? Is it ambitious going for a 2 yr visa since I've not been to the uk in

2. During my 1st Schengen application, I was refused but appealed and was granted. Had no issues with my second one. I'm positive i'll have a 2 mnth valid schengen during my visa application. Concerning the question which asks whether you have been refused a visa for any other country, do I respond with yes or no? Since the decision was overturned.

3. Finally I have 2 accounts; my active account with 700,000naira. My salary passes through this account. Then my dormant account which till 2 weeks ago had just 200,000. My brother repaid a loan to the tune of 1,000,000 so now this account has 1.2 mil. Wary of how suspicious the embassy operates, I plan not to include this account during my application. I'll be purchasing treasury bonds with this account . My query is will it help buttress my economic standing if i add this investment slip or will still ignite suspicion. During application I'll provide proof of this recent investment but not the bank account since it will seem ballooned.

1. No its not ambitious to go for 2yrs since you have had 6months vis before.

2.Yes can tick 'yes' then explain as you did here, it will not cause you anything.

3. You don't have much to worry about really, you have steady source of income with decent bank balance, including the second bank a/c will help but you have to take time and explain the source of money on it with paper evidence as much as you can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 12:12am On Jun 13, 2012
Hello,I'm a post graduate student of funaab. I want to apply for uk visiting visa next week and following are the documents I av with me, I will like to know if I am good to go. Thanks

*Valid international passport.
*Six months bank statement( student acc with 30 thousand naira balance)
*my school I'd card
*school fee reciept
*School admission letter
*nysc certificate
*degree certificate
*Coveringletter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement.
*Letter of identification from the university
*Tax clearance certificate of the sponsor.
*Invitation letter from aunty in UK.
*Coloured copy of sponsor's biodata passport page.
*Utility bills of the sponsor
*Mortgage of the sponsor
*Six months payslips of sponsor.
I will also like to know if my account balance really maTter cos I'm a student and I don't think I av 2 av a huge money in my acc b4 they give me visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2012
@Dalobaba, u need your sponsor to write a letter also, saying he will cover all your expenses in d UK. As a student, am not sure it matters really as students are not expected to have savings. when i applied for ma wife, i put a detailed sponsorship letter for her including a breakdown of what i expect to spend on her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:34am On Jun 13, 2012
Bobby_z: Hi Justwise and all the visa experts. Greetings! Would very much appreciate your input and recommendations. I first visited the UK in 2003 on a 6 months visa. Then 2 additional times on a 2 yr working holiday visa, which expired in 2006. I've not been to the UK since. From the beginning of this year, I've visited Germany twice on business. I have two further trips planned before December. I'm hoping to acquire a uk visa so I can pay some short visits to friends and family whilst residing in Germany on official duties. I have 3 questions;

justwise:

1. No its not ambitious to go for 2yrs since you have had 6months vis before.

2.Yes can tick 'yes' then explain as you did here, it will not cause you anything.

3. You don't have much to worry about really, you have steady source of income with decent bank balance, including the second bank a/c will help but you have to take time and explain the source of money on it with paper evidence as much as you can
I have to disagree with the second: The man was initially refused the visa, and the decision was overturned on appeal and the visa was granted, therefore, his record is; had NOT been, and was NOT refused a visa.
Same thing goes with a court case: if an accused was unjustifiably found guilty, and the decision was overturned on appeal, would the person be recorded an ex-convict or innocent?

Dear Bobby_z, I think you would have problem with the 1000.000 Naira that was paid into your account, that would be considered "Money Lodgement" and it is an express ground for visas refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Jun 13, 2012
Vicjustice:

I have to disagree with the second: The man was initially refused the visa, and the decision was overturned on appeal and the visa was granted, therefore, his record is; had NOT been, and was NOT refused a visa.
Same thing goes with a court case: if an accused was unjustifiably found guilty, and the decision was overturned on appeal, would the person be recorded an ex-convict or innocent?

Dear Bobby_z, I think you would have problem with the 1000.000 Naira that was paid into your account, that would be considered "Money Lodgement" and it is an express ground for visas refusal

Like i pointed out in my reply to the op, ticking 'yes' will do him absolutely no harm, yes he was refused a visa before however, he appealed and won, that is all he need to explain in the form, If the refusal stamp is still on his passport, its only fair that he clear any suspicion about the refusal stamp, the ECO don't have to second-guess about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2012
dalobaba: Hello,I'm a post graduate student of funaab. I want to apply for uk visiting visa next week and following are the documents I av with me, I will like to know if I am good to go. Thanks

*my school I'd card
*school fee reciept
*School admission letter
*nysc certificate
*degree certificate
*Coveringletter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement.
*Mortgage of the sponsor
I will also like to know if my account balance really maTter cos I'm a student and I don't think I av 2 av a huge money in my acc b4 they give me visa
You don't stand much of a chance, you are an adult desiring to travel to the UK for pleasure; you are neither going to the UK for medical reasons nor for studies, nor are you going on a complimentary offer from your work place (these are the conditions in which sponsorship is considerable) otherwise, since you do not meet the requirement of a tourist/pleasure visitor on your own, you would need eminent figure to sponsor you. Well, you can try your luck if you have enough money to part away with, but i don't give you much of a chance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2012
dalobaba: Hello,I'm a post graduate student of funaab. I want to apply for uk visiting visa next week and following are the documents I av with me, I will like to know if I am good to go. Thanks

*my school I'd card
*school fee reciept
*School admission letter
*nysc certificate
*degree certificate
*Mortgage of the sponsor

Without a strong tie to Nigeria, your chances of getting a visa is pretty remote, you are a graduate with no job, not married, no property, there is not much that will persuade you to come back to Nigeria if given a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2012
justwise:

Like i pointed out in my reply to the op, ticking 'yes' will do him absolutely no harm, yes he was refused a visa before however, he appealed and won, that is all he need to explain in the form, If the refusal stamp is still on his passport, its only fair that he clear any suspicion about the refusal stamp, the ECO don't have to second-guess about it.
If his passport carries a refusal stamp, then i thing you're right with your recommendation otherwise (if there is no refusal stamp to explain) then, he is cleared
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shooqueen(f): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
Refused Entry To UK. Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland

I have re-posted this here as I can't find where to post for Ireland.

My husband was refused a UK visa one of the reasons was they have his biometric fingerprints mixed up with that of someone else, we are in the process of trying to legally sort that issue out. Putting in an appeal will take in excess of 8 months according to solicitors advice. A time we are not prepared to wait to be together so I will be exercising my EU treaty rights in Ireland , my husband can join me, after 6 months we can then do the same thing in the UK.

Question1. Could anyone tell me what my husband will have to take to the Irish embassy for proof he has the right to join me?

Question2. How long will the process take once the application is submitted?

Question3. Are there grounds that he could be refused other than they do not believe we are in a subsisting relationship?

Question4. Is there anyone here that has made the move to Ireland how have you found the job market? IT sector.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
@justwise....does it really matter if I'm married or have a job..I'm 25 and I graduated 2011 and started my post graduate immediately.....pls let me know what u feel about this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
shooqueen: Refused Entry To UK. Trying For "To Join Family" In Ireland

I have re-posted this here as I can't find where to post for Ireland.

My husband was refused a UK visa one of the reasons was they have his biometric fingerprints mixed up with that of someone else, we are in the process of trying to legally sort that issue out. Putting in an appeal will take in excess of 8 months according to solicitors advice. A time we are not prepared to wait to be together so I will be exercising my EU treaty rights in Ireland , my husband can join me, after 6 months we can then do the same thing in the UK.

Question1. Could anyone tell me what my husband will have to take to the Irish embassy for proof he has the right to join me?

Question2. How long will the process take once the application is submitted?

Question3. Are there grounds that he could be refused other than they do not believe we are in a subsisting relationship?

Question4. Is there anyone here that has made the move to Ireland how have you found the job market? IT sector.

Vicjustice will attend to your question, he knows much about Ireland than i do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
dalobaba: @justwise....does it really matter if I'm married or have a job..I'm 25 and I graduated 2011 and started my post graduate immediately.....pls let me know what u feel about this

It does very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
@justwise. i am trying to extend my visa from tier 1 to tier2 but i don't want go through the posting and waiting as i need the premium service. can you recommend any solicitor you think handles that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
Sky-walker:
@justwise. i am trying to extend my visa from tier 1 to tier2 but i don't want go through the posting and waiting as i need the premium service. can you recommend any solicitor you think handles that

You don't need a solicitor at all, just select premium service instead of postal when you are completing the form, then pay the premium fee, as long as you meet all the requirements then you got nothing to worry about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2012
justwise:

You don't need a solicitor at all, just select premium service instead of postal when you are completing the form, then pay the premium fee, as long as you meet all the requirements then you got nothing to worry about.

I just tried it. No empty slots at all. i was told those solicitors buy up all the available slots and they charge clients for it.i have all the requirement but i dont know how long it will take before they return my document as i plan to travel.a friend of mine who has applied is still waiting and its 6 weeks already.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
Sky-walker:

I just tried it. No empty slots at all. i was told those solicitors buy up all the available slots and they charge clients for it.i have all the requirement but i dont know how long it will take before they return my document as i plan to travel.a friend of mine who has applied is still waiting and its 6 weeks already.

I don't think the solicitor will make it any shorter, the HomeOffice had problem with their computer system since Feb, the whole system was down, they could not print visa or accept any new interview appointment.

They started interviewing people who are already booked last month, that was why you could not see any available date.

They are still clearing up the backlog, i know many people who waited for 5 months before getting their visas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.