Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,292 members, 7,853,367 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986485 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wizb: 10:55am On Jun 19, 2012
Vicjustice: Invited for training on what, is it House-Keeping or something like that?

Its a biostatistics training programme and I'm to pay about 800pounds as fees for the training.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everystep87(f): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2012
hello all,

What are the chances of involving a lawyer to write them, after 2 visa refusal. I want a lawyer to write them, cos i want to re-apply.

These are the document i submitted when i applied the 1st and 2nd-
1. Letter of employment
2. Letter of confirmation
3. Letter of promotion
4. Annual leave letter
5. Company’ ID
6. Driver’s license
7. Tax clearance
8. Total health ID
9. Birth certificate
10. Landed documents owned
11. Landed documents inherited
12. NYSC discharged certificate
13. Tertiary intuitions certificate
14. Car documents
15. Receipts of landed properties
16. Rent receipts (I do issued rent receipts cos i owned inherited properties i receive rent from)
17. Marriage certificate and pictures
18. Car ownership certificate
19. Pension certificate
20. 4 Bank statements (Salary account, Current account, Gtb savings acct and Skyebank savings acct.)N1.3million all together.
21. Vaccination card when I travelled for my honeymoon to Ghana
22. Training certificate with my company .
23. Hotel reservation.[b]hello all,

What are the chances of involving a lawyer to write them, after 2 visa refusal. I want a lawyer to write them, cos i want to re-apply.

1. Letter of employment
3. Letter of promotion
4. Annual leave letter
5. Company’ ID
6. Driver’s license
7. Tax clearance
8. Total health ID
9. Birth certificate
14. Car documents
16. Rent receipts (I do issued rent receipts cos i owned inherited properties i receive rent from)
19. Pension certificate
20. 4 Bank statements (Salary account, Current account, Gtb savings acct and Skyebank savings acct.)N1.3million all together.
23. Hotel reservation.[/b]hello all,

1. Letter of employment
3. Letter of promotion
4. Annual leave letter
5. Company’ ID
6. Driver’s license
7. Tax clearance
8. Total health ID
9. Birth certificate
14. Car documents
19. Pension certificate
23. Hotel reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dtraveler: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
I don read tire, and still no answer here.

My mum is about to apply for a visa to the UK, and she's being invited by her brother in lawyer, who is a senior lecturer at the UEL. What documents should be presented for her visit, putting into perspective that I will be the one sponsoring her. I am a business man, and already have a 2years Visa which I got this June.

I will really appreciate a swift response from the big bosses here, as I have spent almost 1 week to study this and its causing wahala for me.. everyone thinks I haven't been taking it seriously...My uncle in law has been in 9ja since 1 month and as been calling the family requesting for documents to present, and everyone is waiting on me!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:19am On Jun 20, 2012
dtraveler: I don read tire, and still no answer here.

My mum is about to apply for a visa to the UK, and she's being invited by her brother in lawyer, who is a senior lecturer at the UEL. What documents should be presented for her visit, putting into perspective that I will be the one sponsoring her. I am a business man, and already have a 2years Visa which I got this June.

I will really appreciate a swift response from the big bosses here, as I have spent almost 1 week to study this and its causing wahala for me.. everyone thinks I haven't been taking it seriously...My uncle in law has been in 9ja since 1 month and as been calling the family requesting for documents to present, and everyone is waiting on me!
You already have a 2 years visa, then you are not a novice in this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:38am On Jun 20, 2012
everystep87: hello all,

1. Letter of employment
3. Letter of promotion
4. Annual leave letter
5. Company’ ID
6. Driver’s license
7. Tax clearance
8. Total health ID
9. Birth certificate
14. Car documents
19. Pension certificate
23. Hotel reservation.
Friend, you involved too many unnecessary documents, this alone shows how desperate you are with your lack of confidence.
You can't use a solicitor because you have absolutely no legal ground; a visa is a privilege, not a human rights,: even President Jonathan could be refused a visa.
The problem I see here is with your bank statements, you presented multiple accounts, and the total is N1.3 million, this reveals that you money is scattered all over the banks therefore, your account statements do not meet the required format or standard: this is the main reason that you can't get the visa; and no solicitor can assist you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Phemmyrans: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2012
Good morning everyone in here, i am just signing in here newly, pls,i need an advise on my Uk visa application, i have submitted 2weeks now,just a day to 10 working days,i do track it everyday,but the response is that it has been forwarded to BHC, they havent contact my friend who is inviting me,also my office,pls,advise me on what to do,my leave starts on july 5.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 10:39am On Jun 20, 2012
answer me now abeg @vicjustice, thanks for your quick response but i will like to add that my wife was issued a two year visa in her own case,so why didnt they see the payment i made into her account has 'lodgement or violation'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2012
awumen: answer me now abeg @vicjustice, thanks for your quick response but i will like to add that my wife was issued a two year visa in her own case,so why didnt they see the payment i made into her account has 'lodgement or violation'

I explained in the article titled "Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas" as i quote:
. "for those considering the use of sponsor, know that there are very few circumstances in which it may be considerable for an adult applicant to use a sponsor, such sponsor may be a Spouse (especially for Family Reunion) or Parents/close-relatives (especially for Education)..."
First of all, know that this is a Husband and a Wife scenario. Your wife applied for her visa as your dependant spouse, and you lodged the money into her account to support her application; the Visa Officer must have been satisfied of the source of the money and must have taking your calibre into consideration, therefore, in this circumstance, it is now up to the visa officer to judge that the money lodged into her account was from you (her sponsoring husband): in this circumstance, the onus visa officer officer to use his own initiative to make decision; and the natural law is a major factor that goes your favour
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
U show too desperate to be there as the was u show your tiers. List 1-5 plus your bank statement it ok.Also, make u put all the money in one bank account.
NB: Make sure u split the payment. How it is being paid in & out into ur account finish.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2012
Pls i came across this site and i have some questions to ask about family visit visa.
I intend applying for a visa in October or November 2012, then my husband would have saved 6,000pounds. He is going to be my sponsor' I work as a receptionist and i have like 450,000naira in my account, earn 45,000k but i was able to sell a piece of land i have in May.Pls i want to know if these monies available will be ok

Secondly, i am only entitled to only 2weeks paid leave in a year and i want to apply for a 6 months visa. I dont think the company will agree to draft a letter permitting me to travel. Is the 450,000 is my account enough to prove that i will return back to Nigeria.I intend explaining in my form why wont have a permit letter from my office. Or do i just discuss with my MD to draft a letter for me. Pls i need ur advice.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
All this is ok.Since u are not 4 appearance Visa
1. Letter of employment
3. Letter of promotion
4. Annual leave letter
5. Company’ ID
7. Tax clearance
9. Birth certificate
20. *(Is too much now)4 Bank statements (Salary account, Current account, Gtb savings acct and Skyebank savings acct.)N1.3million all together.
23. Hotel reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2012
philipin7: Pls i came across this site and i have some questions to ask about family visit visa.
I intend applying for a visa in October or November 2012, then my husband would have saved 6,000pounds. He is going to be my sponsor' I work as a receptionist and i have like 450,000naira in my account, earn 45,000k but i was able to sell a piece of land i have in May.Pls i want to know if these monies available will be ok

Secondly, i am only entitled to only 2weeks paid leave in a year and i want to apply for a 6 months visa. I dont think the company will agree to draft a letter permitting me to travel. Is the 450,000 is my account enough to prove that i will return back to Nigeria.I intend explaining in my form why wont have a permit letter from my office. Or do i just discuss with my MD to draft a letter for me. Pls i need ur advice.

Thanks.
Before talking about the money, there are other things that need be considered.
Is your husband in the UK, if so, what does he do and what are his circumstances?
You would also have a problem for reason of your work place since you're under its employment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thanks for your reply

My husband is a British citizen he works as a Health care assistant in NHS hospitals and earns 1,300pound monthly.
If i cant get a letter from my office granting me leave what do i do, if they agree to help by drafting a letter for me what then.
And the 6,000pounds my husband is planning on saving is it ok? The 450,000K in my account is it ok. Or do i skip the month i deposited the huge sum and start afresh from a new month to present my statement of account

Pls i will appreciate your advice.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thanks for your reply

My husband is a British citizen he works as a Health care assistant in NHS hospitals and earns 1,300pound monthly.
If i cant get a letter from my office granting me leave what do i do, if they agree to help by drafting a letter for me what then.
And the 6,000pounds my husband is planning on saving is it ok? The 450,000K in my account is it ok. Or do i skip the month i deposited the huge sum and start afresh from a new month to present my statement of account

Pls advice me on how to go about this..

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
philipin7: Thanks for your reply

Since he is a UK citizen and he is in the working class, he is eligible to invite you, his wife.

philipin7:
You are eligible for the UK visa even if you are not in employment provided your husband (the UK citizen) meets the financial requirement to be your sponsor and accept responsibility for your mentainance whilst in the UK: also, provided you are applying for a visa under the category of Family member/Spouse of UK/EU/Swiss nationale. But if you are applying for a Tourist/Visit visa, you would be treated like such, and you chance of getting the visa is extremely slim for reason of your employment details and the other reason which i will explain in the below paragraph.
Now, you seem to be dedicated to your work place, therefore, you need their approval and cooperation in order to go on holiday a holiday visit.

philipin7: And the 6,000pounds my husband is planning on saving is it ok?
It should be OK provided the saving transactions are detailed in his bank statement.

philipin7: Or do i skip the month i deposited the huge sum and start afresh from a new month to present my statement of account

Pls advice me on how to go about this..

Thanks
If the whole thing has to go by your own circumstances, there is no doubt about the outcome, you will definitely be refused the visa without any reserve. And having taken into account your N450k bank statement, the circumstance that you are subjected to at your work place and the foul that you commited due to the Money Lodgement; I am now going by your husband's circumstances.
Now, if you want to apply for a spouse visa, it would be granted you if your husband have the "£6.000", but if you are applying for a visit/tourist visa, i'm afarid to say that you do not meet the requirement for these 4 reasons:
1) Your bank statement is pretty low
2) You don't have the support or cooperation of your place of work
3) You can not satisfy the Visa Officer of your home tie and obligation to return to Nigeria for
4) You committed a foul by lodging money into your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
Pls I want to apply for a UK student visa, can I use my dad's account statments to show proof of funds, some agents have told me I won't get the visa unless the money is in my account. Is this true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
hey i need some light on this.
Planning to visit the Uk for vacation,. My wife is a british citizens as well as 2 kids. we both live in nigeria until early this year when we decided she goes to uk to settle down and be able to file for me from there after a year of settling down
Right now i would like to visit the Uk for vacation. Should i just apply as a general visitor as she is on Benefits and don't want to go through her since she is yet to settle down
In the past., i have applied through an agent with a different name in 2007 but the biometric sold me out. So i am thinking if i apply now with my real name and provide legit requirements for visit would i stand a chance or would my past still haunt me? I have been to southafrica, dubai and some african countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:19am On Jun 21, 2012
hailolive: hey i need some light on this.
Planning to visit the Uk for vacation,. My wife is a british citizens as well as 2 kids. we both live in nigeria until early this year when we decided she goes to uk to settle down and be able to file for me from there after a year of settling down
Right now i would like to visit the Uk for vacation. Should i just apply as a general visitor as she is on Benefits and don't want to go through her since she is yet to settle down
In the past., i have applied through an agent with a different name in 2007 but the biometric sold me out. So i am thinking if i apply now with my real name and provide legit requirements for visit would i stand a chance or would my past still haunt me? I have been to southafrica, dubai and some african countries.
The 10 years ban regulation might not have been in place in 2007 so you were not banned then, but you will get the ban when you apply again as long as the period between the time that you committed that fraud and the time that you are making reapplication is within 10 years: so, the misrepresentation and the false documents will definitely count against you. Your matter is complicated, it would be an uphill struggle to get a UK Tourist/Visit visa with the record against you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dtraveler: 5:26am On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice: You already have a 2 years visa, then you are not a novice in this

That's correct bros, but, in your post here: https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas You stated something else clearly.

But if you are considering the use of a Company's account, that would be unacceptable (even if you owns the company). For a company's sponsorship to be acceptable, you would need to be applying for a training or a course or a seminar that would be deemed profitable to your company in order to satisfy the visa officer of the purpose otherwise, it would be judged that the money in the company's account is not available for your use: unless your company is offering you a complimentary vacation under its care.

I only have business visas. And am not even sure for which one to apply for, for my mum, and since I only operate my business account, it's best for my uncle in law to handle all supporting documents. Please advise what sort of visa should be applied for.. family visit?... and the documents my uncle should prepare. That's just about it broos, thanks..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2012
dtraveler:

That's correct bros, but, in your post here: https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas You stated something else clearly.

I only have business visas. And am not even sure for which one to apply for, for my mum, and since I only operate my business account, it's best for my uncle in law to handle all supporting documents. Please advise what sort of visa should be applied for.. family visit?... and the documents my uncle should prepare. That's just about it broos, thanks..
I trust that you are aware that you can not use your "business account" as sponsor if her intended travel has nothing to do with the business. And as for the visa category, i can't really suggest the kind of category that is appropriate for your mum since the purpose of visit wasn't
mentioned:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dtraveler: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2012
Vicjustice: I trust that you are aware that you can not use your "business account" as sponsor if her intended travel has nothing to do with the business. And as for the visa category, i can't really suggest the kind of category that is appropriate for your mum since the purpose of visit wasn't
mentioned:

Yes, she's simply going to visit her sister and kids, with the brother in law. And of course to experience the UK. My uncle is a senior lecturer at UEL, and also owns a home there. What are the documents we should gun after.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:43am On Jun 21, 2012
dtraveler:

Yes, she's simply going to visit her sister and kids, with the brother in law. And of course to experience the UK. My uncle is a senior lecturer at UEL, and also owns a home there. What are the documents we should gun after.
She can apply for Family Visit visa, it is also under the category of Tourist/Visit visa, but the difference is: Family Visit visa can be appealed in the even that the visa is refused.
Please, understand that it will be an enormous work to be writing down detailed lists of the required documents for everyone who asks this question, therefore i recommend that you visit the UKBA website where this information can be found.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dtraveler: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2012
Thank you. I will check now. I suggest a link on this platform where most of the details will be clearly spelt for the different categories, so it can be referenced to anytime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2012
dtraveler: Thank you. I will check now. I suggest a link on this platform where most of the details will be clearly spelt for the different categories, so it can be referenced to anytime.
It would be great if you can create that link, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dtraveler: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2012
Done!...https://www.nairaland.com/970378/basic-documents-required-different-categories.. I would expect the first one to be for family visit!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2012
since i am entitled to 2 weeks paid leave in a year, i can get a letter from my office permitting me to go for a 2 weeks christmas holiday. I intend to state in my form that i will stay for 2 weeks only while apply for 6months visa. If i have this letter from my office and a sum of 500,000naira in my account, is this ok? i will skip the month i put in a lump sum and start from the following month. And again my husband will sponsor me during the visit.

For now he does not have 16,000pounds for spouse visa that's why we want to start with a 6 months visa. We have available 6,000pounds for the 6 moths visa

Pls tell me where i am not getting it right

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
vicjustice in case you are not aware

New immigration rule for spouse visa states that a sponsor of a spouse must have a minimum of 18,600pounds as gross annual income
My husbands annual income is 15,600 so we dont qualify. Thats why we are applying for 6 months. He has just 6,000pounds available for a 6 months visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
philipin7: vicjustice in case you are not aware

New immigration rule for spouse visa states that a sponsor of a spouse must have a minimum of 18,600pounds as gross annual income
My husbands annual income is 15,600 so we dont qualify. Thats why we are applying for 6 months. He has just 6,000pounds available for a 6 months visa
Thanks for the clarification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
philipin7: since i am entitled to 2 weeks paid leave in a year, i can get a letter from my office permitting me to go for a 2 weeks christmas holiday. I intend to state in my form that i will stay for 2 weeks only while apply for 6months visa. If i have this letter from my office and a sum of 500,000naira in my account, is this ok? i will skip the month i put in a lump sum and start from the following month. And again my husband will sponsor me during the visit.

For now he does not have 16,000pounds for spouse visa that's why we want to start with a 6 months visa. We have available 6,000pounds for the 6 moths visa

Pls tell me where i am not getting it right

Thanks

Your case may be exceptional and your husband's British citizenship with the natural law by marriage may be taken into consideration in reaching a decision: I can sense the Visa Officer getting confused with the dilemma to approve or refuse your application, s/he will then take the case to his/her superior; and your fate will be entirely on the discretion of the Entry clearance Manager (not the Visa Officer) to decide the outcome.
But first, you must get the support or cooperation of your place of work otherwise, you can't make it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Legalplayerz: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
That new rule for patners will only be in place from july. So if u can rush the application,then you can still make it.

Goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2012

That law got nothing to do with family visiting visa, only when you are moving to the UK to settle with your family then the £18,600 issue comes into play.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2012

@op, hope U know a difference exists between INCOME and SALARY. The requirment like u stated for a spouse visa is 18,600 GBP in gross annual income. I assume the 15,600 GBP U stated above is his basic salary as an HCA in the NHS. If that is the case, that rate does not take into account unsocial hours worked e.g night shifts, weekends as well as bank holidays and NHS nursing staff which include the HCAs do a lot of this as well as Bank (overtime) shifts. A combination of the stated should take his annual INCOME well above the 18,600 GBP minimum earning requirement to sponsor a spouse. He can only know how much he has earned in a particular financial year after grtting his P60. A nurse friend of mine who is on Band 5 pay scale and therefore should be earning a salary below 30,000 GBP actually earned a little more than 40,000 GBP in the last financial year.

The 18,600 GBP earning is not tied to your basic salary. Discuss this with him and find out what he earned for the last financial year cos they just got their P60 about three weeks ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.